What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (10 Viewers)

I liked it when the zombies actually posed a meaningful threat. Now Pouty gets out of a car and is surrounded by them and escapes without a scratch.
I know now they just treat them like bugs they swat then they get in the way. They only worry about them when they swarm.
Pretty sure before they found the prison they covered this and someone made a comment on the show about how good they had gotten at killing zombies based on the months they spent wandering between the farm and the prison.

I don't know how many agree with me, but all of this has gotten boring since they have hunkered down at the prison. This show was at its best in season 1 when they were on the road... constantly on the run. Setting up makeshift camps; invading the CDC, etc. It's great when they are literally on the run.

:shrug:
:goodposting:

I mentioned to a friend yesterday that I hope they leave that prison soon, it's boring. Hearing the voice on the radio gave me a glimmer of hope.

Wouldn't antibiotics been high on their shopping lists already? I figured they would've already tried to scrounge some up.
:mellow: they have been.. They mentioned that they have searched everywhere near by but they have been cleared out.. Thus the reason to head to a Vet Clinic 50 miles away.
You'd have to be a pretty dumb group not to realize that lack of antibiotics was going to be a life threatening problem at some point. It's idiotic that they didn't think it was worth a 50 mile run to get them if they knew they were there.
Yes, risk lives by driving 50+ miles for something you may need that may be there.
Agreed, that is probably close a 2 hour trip in zombie land. That is a huge risk for your main protectors. Obviously, there are a lot of zombies there, so I would think if they started to get closer to that area, it was already pretty dense with zombies to the point that they probably avoided going there for random scavenging. The main point of scavenging is to stay alive and not take unnecessary risks. I would think at 40 miles, you would already start seeing signs of more zombies where it becomes too risky.
How far out did Shane and Rick drive to get that kid away from Herschel's farm? They had no problem doing that in season 2.

Wouldn't antibiotics been high on their shopping lists already? I figured they would've already tried to scrounge some up.
:mellow: they have been.. They mentioned that they have searched everywhere near by but they have been cleared out.. Thus the reason to head to a Vet Clinic 50 miles away.
You'd have to be a pretty dumb group not to realize that lack of antibiotics was going to be a life threatening problem at some point. It's idiotic that they didn't think it was worth a 50 mile run to get them if they knew they were there.
Yes, risk lives by driving 50+ miles for something you may need that may be there.
Agreed, that is probably close a 2 hour trip in zombie land. That is a huge risk for your main protectors. Obviously, there are a lot of zombies there, so I would think if they started to get closer to that area, it was already pretty dense with zombies to the point that they probably avoided going there for random scavenging. The main point of scavenging is to stay alive and not take unnecessary risks. I would think at 40 miles, you would already start seeing signs of more zombies where it becomes too risky.
How far out did Shane and Rick drive to get that kid away from Herschel's farm? They had no problem doing that in season 2.
First, I doubt it was 50 miles, but don't you think the circumstances were a bit different? The point of driving him out enough away from the farm was to make sure he and his crew (may have been Woodbury, can't recall if that was confirmed) didn't know about the farm. There was a reason to go far away that was actually all about safety. If his crew finds the farm, Rick and his people are in grave danger. That isn't the same as scavenging for stuff that before now they didn't actually "need" yet. Those medicines were nice to haves, versus clean water and food.

Second and most importantly, they have been scavenging and we don't know how far they have gone, but there are lots of zombies near the veterinary school. So, if you are scavenging and you start to see more and more zombies, which seems like it would happen when there almost 10 thousand walkers in one area, you are going to say that going that way is too risky, let's go the other ways. It is almost like people are trying to say that they specifically avoided going there when it could have easily just been that a) it was too far for scavenging safely or b) that road had already been deemed zombie land and it was unsafe for scavenging.

I guess I am not going to worry too much because if they had to back story every decision, we would still be in episode 1 and because I can see reasonable reasons why they haven't scavenged there.

"18 Miles Out." That's the actual name of the episode, and Shane did have an issue that they were risking their necks driving that kid out there. That was also more than a year ago as we've skipped forward in time a good 6-8 months twice now. Traveling on the road would be even more dangerous now as supplies have been picked over, spoiled or broken down.

Raider Nation said:
cstu said:
Raider Nation said:
How cool would it be to drive around in a military tank, rolling over packs of zombies?
Speaking of which, how did that tank in the pilot get stopped?
Ran out of gas?
Well the driver was dead inside the tank. So chances are he either had a heart attack, or was bitten before he got in the tank. There didn't seem to be a bullet wound anywhere so i don't think he was shot.

I think Season 2 has been the best season so far and they spent that entire season on the farm which I know irked some folks. I don't think staying in one location is an issue. It's all about the storytelling. But it does appear they'll be forced out of the prison at some point. With more and more walkers heading toward the prison it doesn't seem possible they can stay there permanently.
I think Season 2 has been the best season so far and they spent that entire season on the farm which I know irked some folks. I don't think staying in one location is an issue. It's all about the storytelling. But it does appear they'll be forced out of the prison at some point. With more and more walkers heading toward the prison it doesn't seem possible they can stay there permanently.
Agreed on Season 2. And the Olivia reveal was the best moment in the series.

I think my favorite parts were the middle of season 3 when Daryl and Merle were put in the pit together, and the "Clear" episode from season 3. Maybe the final episode of season 2 as well when the barn burned down and the horde hit the farm

This is slightly off topic (in that it is a question not about the TV show). Has anyone read the Kirkman Walking Dead books? Not the graphic novels, but the actual books "Rise of the Governor" and "Road to Woodbury"? Are they any good?

They were very stupid for taking that car. As if 0 to 60 is more important than 4 wheel drive in the zombiepocalypse.
Also for the fact that they were only going about 50mph down the road. Most suvs can handle that easy while givng you the superior ground clearence to allow them to roll ovrr some zombies.

I wish they had a Jeep... a Wrangler could have tore through that enormo-herd with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
No gunshots heard from the other two? Shouldn't they have heard them shooting at the zombies?
They didn't get attacked by zombies.

Not sure why Rick and Carol thought they'd died either.

Clearly, the couple took the guns and the watch. They are now going to the prison to go on a murdering spree. Just like they killed the one dude and took his apples.

No gunshots heard from the other two? Shouldn't they have heard them shooting at the zombies?

Clearly, the couple took the guns and the watch. They are now going to the prison to go on a murdering spree. Just like they killed the one dude and took his apples.
Who's fresh leg was that on the ground?

This show has turned into a soap opera. The writers should be embarrassed.

"Why were you looking for the governor?"

:beat:

" I don't know "

uhh...they found the girls severed leg on the ground and she was being eaten off the distance

Users who are viewing this thread