What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I don't know. I didn't mind the Governor-centric episode as much as many of you did; but I was waiting for him to ice that family and steal the girl for nearly the whole episode.

If you think last week's episode was boring, stay for away from the comic book series. It is just self-regurgitating, garbage these days. Honestly, I think that kind of underscores the problem with The Walking Dead as a whole. The premise just doesn't allow for it to keep itself going and interesting for the long haul. The pandemic stuff was fresh and interesting, but you see that once we got away from that the complaints of being bored start sprouting up. Hell one of the series new characters summed it up quite nicely when she said, "Nobody ever mentioned just how boring the end of the world was gonna be".
There should be nothing boring about an end of the world scenario. The book and movie The Road took place with only a man and his son and almost no other characters and was interesting the entire time.

What's really holding the show back is AMC which is a miser. It's not a coincidence that since Darabont was fired that half the episodes have been shot inside.

On The Talking Dead they discussed whether Rick and The Governor could form an alliance and that may be the reason he's back at the prison. That would be a very interesting turn of events and it definitely would provide a good reason not to have killed him off at the end of last season.
I'm guessing that wouldn't go over very well with the remaining members of the prison who came over from the Gov's little paradise. You have to consider that at least some of those people had husbands/brothers/wives/sisters who were ruthlessly gunned down by the Gov. Pretty stupid statement IMO.
Most of those Woodbury people are dead by now.

My prediction: the Rick-Gov alliance is going swimmingly until the little girl is brutally raped and murdered. By Carl.

What's really holding the show back is AMC which is a miser. It's not a coincidence that since Darabont was fired that half the episodes have been shot inside.
I don't disagree about AMC, but what's holding the comic book back? There's no budget to speak of and all its current story arc is is a retread of the Governor story arc. So maybe there is lack of creative vision at the top?

flapgreen said:
Let me get this straight.. You don't like episodes involving the Prison, or those in it.. You don't like episodes about the Guv, or building character depth..So, just why do you watch this show again :confused:
Wrong. Last week's episode was great. I'm nowhere near to quitting watching the show. There were quite a few episodes last year that were great, maybe the best of the series.The Governor's line at the end of this week's episode was so cheesy, , and I thought the character development was way too long and boring. I think they could've compacted it into the first half hour and then onto something else. It really dragged. They have now spent a season and a half at the prison. . It's becoming a little stale IMO. It's still a good show but they put out some real stinkers now on a frequent basis. For the most part, there's never any real tension anymore. :shrug:

Ditch the "Quit watching the show" statements. It's not that bad. I praised the last episode.
On the first bold part My bad.. :hifive: Gets a little confusing as one week we have "Who cares, a bunch of red shirts died that we didn't know because they didn't take time to build any character depth"..

The next week we get .. "Character depth building episode.. I'm bored"

As for the 2nd bold..

Had they crammed all of the governor's "rebirth" into a half hour and all of sudden there he is sleeping with a girl and the little girl looks to him as the savior.. There would be so much "this shows sucks, why in the hell would they trust him and why the hell would the little girl run to him of all people" going on we'd need a whole different thread just to discuss why.

As for the complaint of " another whole week of the Governor?? "..

Again, they are building up the story of the Governor and Ricks "final" meet...

If they switched to next week being about the prison and BOOM there is the Governor either attacking or trying to save those in the prison ( which way it goes right now is anyone's guess) people would fill this thread with "Why the F would he do that" if he helps..

or "where the F did he get that many people together so soon" if he attacks.

Kind of goes back to Season 2 and the Farm..

There were many episodes of story building( ala zzzzzz complaints from many) to get to the final Payoff.. Ala, Shane's demise, Sophia in the barn, the ultimate escape from the farm.

At this point every season has had it's pay off and each episode had it's reason when the end came..

Thus I think the post above mentioning some should just wait for the Netflix release so they can "zoom" thorough the story line and get to the payoff without waiting weeks is a valid point.

Re-watching Season 2 when there was no Week long break makes the season "flow" better for some..
You may be right. All my buddies liked it. Things need to pick up a little the next episode for me, though.

The pace of the first half of Season 2 was met with criticism in some circles. If this season provides half the payoffs that season did that will be amazing. I still maintain the big ticket moments that happened in Season 2 would not have had near the powerful impact they did if the first half of the season hadn't carefully built its way toward them.

flapgreen said:
Let me get this straight.. You don't like episodes involving the Prison, or those in it.. You don't like episodes about the Guv, or building character depth..

So, just why do you watch this show again :confused:
They're reviewers for the Farm Film report. They only like episodes where things blow up real good.

I only watched the first 5 minutes of Sunday's episode (I almost peed myself laughing at the Gov standing in front of the burning building). Is the ENTIRE thing about him?

On The Talking Dead they discussed whether Rick and The Governor could form an alliance and that may be the reason he's back at the prison. That would be a very interesting turn of events and it definitely would provide a good reason not to have killed him off at the end of last season.
I'm guessing that wouldn't go over very well with the remaining members of the prison who came over from the Gov's little paradise. You have to consider that at least some of those people had husbands/brothers/wives/sisters who were ruthlessly gunned down by the Gov. Pretty stupid statement IMO.

My prediction: the Rick-Gov alliance is going swimmingly until the little girl is brutally raped and murdered. By Carl.
He's growing up.

spoiler!!!M

Rove! said:
best episode in a long time....kind of surprised by the reaction of some

Rick's group is getting kind of dull
Dull?

Sad Gov'ner is sad because his friends ditch him in the middle of the night. Decides, oddly, to burn down Woodbury and become a hobo. Hobo Gov'ner walks. And walks. And walks. Then walks some more. Hobo Gov'ner sees a girl in a window, decides to be creepy. Creepy Hobo Gov'ner goes on Level One Fetch missions like we just started playing this video game. After a nice shave, Horny Gov'ner decides to lazily and quietly bang one of two sisters while the other is sleeping right beside. Nothing exciting happened for damn near forty minutes with the very, very brief exception of the nursing home Fetch Mission, which honestly, wasn't that exciting.

The last few minutes were fine, the ditch zombies were a nice touch.

The whole episode could have been compressed down to 15 minutes and not lost any of the character development.

Rove! said:

Dull?

Sad Gov'ner is sad because his friends ditch him in the middle of the night. Decides, oddly, to burn down Woodbury and become a hobo. Hobo Gov'ner walks. And walks. And walks. Then walks some more. Hobo Gov'ner sees a girl in a window, decides to be creepy. Creepy Hobo Gov'ner goes on Level One Fetch missions like we just started playing this video game. After a nice shave, Horny Gov'ner decides to lazily and quietly bang one of two sisters while the other is sleeping right beside. Nothing exciting happened for damn near forty minutes with the very, very brief exception of the nursing home Fetch Mission, which honestly, wasn't that exciting.

The whole episode could have been compressed down to 15 minutes and not lost any of the character development.
Not everyone's version of excitement is watching people fight zombies. In fact, it's the least interesting part of the show to me.

Rove! said:

Dull?

Not everyone's version of excitement is watching people fight zombies. In fact, it's the least interesting part of the show to me.
No, you're right - and honestly, I was mostly just having fun coming up with stupid names for the Governor. But the word I should have used was "interesting". I don't think anything interesting happened during most of the show. It's not that I disagree with the characterization they tried to get across, it's that they could have done it far more efficiently and freed up time for more interesting things.

this thread is depressing to read...way worse than the show itself
:shrug: I still like the show. I am usually nice and buzzed after a day of football and this show is the nice bow on top of the package to end the day.

It just sucks that Denver is playing the Sunday Night Games because I have to wait until Monday to catch up.

Is there a complete comic book version one could buy to catch up?

packersfan said:
Holy christ that was boring
You guys wouldn't know good drama if it spent the night in a box truck and banged your sister.
Yeah we had some actual character development. They actually made the Governor sympathetic. Sure he was a monster last season. But who is a good now? Rick went off the deep end for a while. Carol was exiled. I'm actually rooting for the Governor now.
They did a very good job of making him a more sympathetic character in this episode. I think one of the things this show does extremely well is it creates layered characters who aren't just black and white. There's a lot of gray in there as well. So now we have the Governor working to protect people. Does that mean the monster we saw last season is gone or just temporarily being buried? Is there a trigger which could flip that switch back on (Morrissey talked about that several times on The Talking Dead)? This was a nice job of setting up a potential big payoff of some kind down the road. I just hope it isn't squandered like the Rick-Governor payoff was last season.
I agree, nothing like washing dishes and a free backgammon board to make one forget about the mass murder and the beheadings. It reminds me of the time I watched the video of Hitler playing with his dogs and thinking shades of grey people, shades of grey.

Rove! said:

Dull?

That's probably more plot movement and character development fo Guv'ner in one ep than most of the characters have had in the last 12 episodes

Thought the "character development" was laughable. Governor is unredeemable. He still just needs to be shot.
Get ready for more of the same.
Have you watched the previews for next week??

Based on those there will be plenty of "action" for you short attention span viewers :pokey: ;)

Scouting areas, attacking another camp and finding a beheaded soldier which shall lead to other questions... Not to mention The Guv will not be "outed" to the new group as the previews show him being called "one Eye" and "Billy" and pushing him around. meaning that other than the two guys who survived with the Guv, no one will know who he really is.. Adding more intrigue.

Disco Stu said:

Still alot of the Woodybury people floating around after the miracle cure hit home. I agree with you on Carl though. Could always see that side in him when he give us that squinty eye look.

E Street Brat said:
What did I miss about the choking?
Yeah I missed it also
when they were snuggling in the back of the truck, she took his hand and put it around her own throat and subtly nodded to him
I think he put his hand on her throat then stopped himself, then she put her hand over his and subtly nodded to him.

But I wasn't paying that much attention.

E Street Brat said:
Yeah I missed it also
when they were snuggling in the back of the truck, she took his hand and put it around her own throat and subtly nodded to him
I think he put his hand on her throat then stopped himself, then she put her hand over his and subtly nodded to him.

I never got that impression at all. Thought it was more like him trying to say "no, bad idea" and her nodding indicating to him that it was, in fact, a very good idea. Not the choking, but the :pickle:

I'll have to watch again.

E Street Brat said:
Yeah I missed it also

But exactly right.

I may be imagining this, but was a character saying something about walking away from his responsibilities a couple of seasons ago? When the guvners choke slut said something about her baby daddy walking out one day I was thinking at the time that it could have been another character on the show that they would run into.

I may be imagining this, but was a character saying something about walking away from his responsibilities a couple of seasons ago? When the guvners choke slut said something about her baby daddy walking out one day I was thinking at the time that it could have been another character on the show that they would run into.
:lmao:

Oh and what is the deal with all the people in Georgia apparently having never heard the word zombie before. Is the biter, walker, eater thing just a southern thing just like them calling all sodas cokes?

Users who are viewing this thread