What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

What's the big deal about the prison? I'd be looking for a military base. Other than for revenge, it seems like a waste to go to all that trouble to get into the prison 2 separate times.

Governor is so boring. And seriously, if you're Rick's crew and the Governor's people show up demanding admittance, don't you just allow everyone but him in? They do after all need to resupply redshirts. Also, the Governor wants the prison because it's easily defensible, but no one considers that the prison being easily defensible makes taking it hard as hell?

Governor is so boring. And seriously, if you're Rick's crew and the Governor's people show up demanding admittance, don't you just allow everyone but him in? They do after all need to resupply redshirts. Also, the Governor wants the prison because it's easily defensible, but no one considers that the prison being easily defensible makes taking it hard as hell?
Not tough to take the prison when you have a tank at your disposal.

So, should we assume the Gov dies in this ensuing battle? The rest of the season, when they come back, will be about finding a new home and such. Many people will die? Probably from the Gov side and not so much from the prison side.

Deaths:

Gov

Hershel

Carol

>10 nameless humans

But wouldn't using a tank wipe out some or all of the defenses you're there for?

Rustoleum said:
mr roboto said:
(HULK) said:
I don't wanna.

Kinda a weird thing to yell when feeding zombies.

I wonder what's going on back at the prison? Maybe they grew some rhubarb
That's what gov said. What did Martinez say?
Martinez offered to "share the crown" and the Governr respectfully declined, saying "I don't want it."

At least that's what I heard.
:goodposting: As he was dragging him and holding him over the pit he kept yelling "I don't want it.. I DON'T WANT IT!! "

Then, while out on the supply/hunting trip, he see's the wimpy brother vs. Angry bother about to go at it, sees things are about to get messy and still wants nothing to do with taking control. So he packs up the family and :drive: off.. Only to get blocked by a bunch of Zombies trapped in Mud/Quicksand..

He is willing to just make the current camp work, until his daughter is almost taken out by a wandering Zombie..

That is enough for the real Guv to return, kill the wimpy brother and threaten the strong one into either working with him or joining his brother in death.

Absolutely loved the last two episodes. Having the Guv go from .. I don't care if I live, to being part of a family and having us be somewhat sympathetic towards him, to him going back over the edge and becoming who he really is again was great writing. The part of him looking into the water and seeing the wimpy brother trapped below the surface was a great remembrance of just how crazy he is.. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
But wouldn't using a tank wipe out some or all of the defenses you're there for?
No one ever said the Guv is logical.. His real reason to attack is revenge.. he hates Rick and Michonne.. Using the new camp insecurity and the idea of safety at the prison is just icing on the cake.

:popcorn:

I wonder if the Gov was the one who shot the people in the other camp?
And all the supplies went where?

No, but that was a big reason he wanted to get his new family out of there. Their camp wasn't any more secure than that one, so they were in danger.

The problem with tanks?

they need a lot of gas.

I know most of the gas now would have gone bad anyway, but still, where would they get all the gas to run that thing?

Meanwhile, back at the prison, there is a carrot leaning up against a tree with its top cut off. A cardboard sign is nailed into it reads, "Tasted Off."

Don't know why the gov & his buddies were so surprised to find that other camp wiped out. Unless they were killed by a band of ninjas, wouldn't they have heard a big firefight going on?

Didn't realize the one guy was the other guys brother. Other guy didn't seem too upset Guv killed his bro once Guv made him smoke. I hope no one ever stands on Guvs docks and sees the water zombie bro. That would be awkward.

Lesbian girl got it :crackin: with the other girl really fast unless I missed something. Good for them.

Makes a lot of sense that the Guv who knows his way around pretty well would leave the camp with the fam using a road with a huge ### mud puddle in the middle of it. Those pop up all the time I guess.

This ####### show.

Didn't realize the one guy was the other guys brother. Other guy didn't seem too upset Guv killed his bro once Guv made him smoke. I hope no one ever stands on Guvs docks and sees the water zombie bro. That would be awkward.

Lesbian girl got it :crackin: with the other girl really fast unless I missed something. Good for them.

Makes a lot of sense that the Guv who knows his way around pretty well would leave the camp with the fam using a road with a huge ### mud puddle in the middle of it. Those pop up all the time I guess.

This ####### show.
That was one pretty weak scene. Guy is driving along on a pretty even pavement and all the sudden he stops because there a huge, zombie-filled mud bath taking place.

Good points on the tank (where do you get the gas?) That tank would be like a dog whistle for zombies. Makes so much noise every zombie for miles around would be after it. Although it would work as the pied piper for zombies to the prison.

Brun. Was wondering about that too. How in the world do you knock out a full camp of people and not make enough noise to draw the gov's group back and bring in every zombie in the neighborhood to the area.

Other than the above points, I thought it was a good episode.

So the tank is a pretty big deal in the comics, right? I stumbled across something by accident on Instagram of all places which said it was.

Solid episode but a little surprised Brian turned back so quickly to being the Governor. All it took was a chance to do Woodbury Redux and off he's going again and back on the "I Must Have The Prison And My Revenge" storyline.

That little girl sure is getting one helluva sex education. First Brian and Choke Slut Mom go at it 2 feet away from her. Now Aunt Lez and her new gal pal are shackin up.

So the tank is a pretty big deal in the comics, right? I stumbled across something by accident on Instagram of all places which said it was.

Solid episode but a little surprised Brian turned back so quickly to being the Governor. All it took was a chance to do Woodbury Redux and off he's going again and back on the "I Must Have The Prison And My Revenge" storyline.

That little girl sure is getting one helluva sex education. First Brian and Choke Slut Mom go at it 2 feet away from her. Now Aunt Lez and her new gal pal are shackin up.
Actually it was his new daughter getting attacked by a wandering Dead that made the "real" guv show back up..

Until then he was still trying to figure out how to make the current camp save for all..

Once she got attacked he realized the only place "safe" from the dead was the prison.. Being able to get revenge is an added bonus.

can't wait for Sunday. :popcorn:

Actually it was his new daughter getting attacked by a wandering Dead that made the "real" guv show back up..

Until then he was still trying to figure out how to make the current camp save for all..

Once she got attacked he realized the only place "safe" from the dead was the prison.. Being able to get revenge is an added bonus.

can't wait for Sunday. :popcorn:
Yeah but it still seemed like the switch got flipped back on pretty quickly. I realize he's a pretty bad guy and ultimately it was likely to re-surface anyway. Just thought maybe it would take a little longer given what transpired in the last episode.

I'm looking forward to next Sunday too. It's my hope this time the showdown at the prison has a lot more punch than last season's.

Typing this on the phone so hopefully the spoiler tag works.

On the preview the Gov mentions that the prison group will come looking for their people, which makes me think he either captured or killed Michonne or Herschel. I don't think they would kill off Michonne yet but I think Herschel is a goner.

Guess so. As soon as they showed it my son about jumped up out of his chair and let out a big YES!

How in the world do you knock out a full camp of people and not make enough noise to draw the gov's group back and bring in every zombie in the neighborhood to the area.
This was the hardest thing to believe in the episode. They don't run into anyone for a long time and went they do find people it's immediately attacked by another group? And they don't hear anything? C'mon...

if you're Rick's crew and the Governor's people show up demanding admittance, don't you just allow everyone but him in?
Rick might want to fill the Gov's new friends in on what happened the last time he attacked.

Is this storyline really going to come to a conclusion next week? Seems like going from "I know of this safe place..." to battle completion is a lot for one episode. Mid-battle (or earlier) cliffhanger sounds more likely.

if you're Rick's crew and the Governor's people show up demanding admittance, don't you just allow everyone but him in?
Rick might want to fill the Gov's new friends in on what happened the last time he attacked.

Is this storyline really going to come to a conclusion next week? Seems like going from "I know of this safe place..." to battle completion is a lot for one episode. Mid-battle (or earlier) cliffhanger sounds more likely.
Didn't seem as if there were all that many badasses in the Gov's camp. Difficult to imagine him convincing people to attack.

When the gov packed up the family and encountered the walkers on the road, he realized going out on his own wasn't safe. He also doesn't feel safe with anyone else running things. So he needs a camp and other people, but can't trust anyone else to lead. Since his moral compass is solely, only on protecting 'his own' the only option is to take over.

He can't just ask the other leaders to step down. That never works. The only sure fire way is to make them disappear. 'Everyone loves a hero' - this is how he can keep the old leader honored in the minds of the people while seizing control.

I also don't believe his attack on the prison is revenge based. If you believe my statement above that his sole concern is to protect his own, Rick's group is simply in a better secure location. It's an old-school battle of resources.

Come to think of it, the way the world works in TWD is very similar to an ancient tribal warfare mentality. There's no overriding govt, no law, no safety net. The only way to survive is to either establish some semblance of order by cooperation/democracy (Rick) or a totalitarian ruler (Gov). The relative strengths and weaknesses of these 2 approaches is what fascinates me.

Half a season just to get to a repeat of the season 3 finale.
Surely don't expect a "run and hide" by the guv.. This will be a battle to the end... I haven't read past this part of the book so pure speculation on my part but...

I see "the end" being Rick and the survivors take off running with whatever they have available to them and the Guv and whoever survives from his group to take over the prison.

Then again, the guv and many of the attackers could die, but do enough damage to the fences and the walls of the prison to make Rick realize the Prison is no longer a safe haven..

This will bring back what has basically been left in the wind... the radio transmission.... and the group deciding to head out and find where the transmission came from.

lots of ways this could end.. but a mid-season cliff hanger is all but a guarantee. :popcorn:

"New guy, you have a point...my brother was kind of a #####, thanks for taking him out and putting him in the bottom of a lake."
"There's certainly no reason for me to bide my time and stab you in the back when you least expect it, guvna."
"I will certainly agree with your takeover while you have a gun on me. And of course would never change my tune later."

The Gov takes the prison unaware of the virus. Mutiny in the ranks. Gov goes out on a search for Ricks group to find a cure. Rick kills the Gov, goes back to the prison with the cure, takes over both groups, creates a harem and repopulates the world.

Users who are viewing this thread