What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I enjoyed it. Very tense. Why is every show compelled to have gay characters in it? 6% of he population is gay yet 100% of tv shows have gay characters? It just seems strange. Anyway, i liked the fake Topher Grace character. I guess next week they audition.
Nice stats EM.

I was confused on why the guy said it was over, only to help right after. I realize Glenn helped him but did he change his mind back that quick? Kinda lame.

I was confused on why the guy said it was over, only to help right after. I realize Glenn helped him but did he change his mind back that quick? Kinda lame.
Yeah, that was kinda queer.

:badumbumching:
he panicked in the car...realized he needed the others to get thru the zombies that were everywhere after he was pinned against a tree by the zombie...he even said that to glen...not sure why ur confused

tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
This was the episode that broke your back?Strange.
The whole stranger danger thing stupid. The zombie car, stupid. The guy say, this is over, then jetting then miraculously reunited w glen, then the zombie brain flare/Halloween pumpkin, then the gratuitous gay lover then the oh, we're safe now in this peaceful fortress. We've been down this road like 3times
Agree with all except the 'gratuitous gay lover' - some of you have problems. Just pretend it's a dude kissing a really ugly chick.

tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
The whole stranger danger thing stupid. The zombie car, stupid. The guy say, this is over, then jetting then miraculously reunited w glen, then the zombie brain flare/Halloween pumpkin, then the gratuitous gay lover then the oh, we're safe now in this peaceful fortress. We've been down this road like 3times
and it wil continue down that road.. It is about surival and finding some you can trust and realizing most you can't.. Seems this show isn't for you so time to move on. :shrug:

I could do without the gay stuff shoved in my face
Same. No reason for dudes to start making out. We get it. They're gay.
Said this to my son: Here comes the gay. I mean it was okay when it was 2 women but now they've gone too far. :mellow: Followed up with: the internet is gonna explode because of the 5 second gay scene.
I haven't read the comics.. But it has been known for quite some time that a gay character has a prominent role in the comic books.. So it isn't like the producers thought "I know what we need to change things.. A GAY CHARACTER!!" ..

They deviate a bit from time to time from the comic books, but the overall story is followed and thus this was known to be coming to most. :shrug:

Between Michonne caring for Carl, the Baby and bringing Rick back out of the darkness.. it's just a matter of when, not if, Michonne and Rick hookup.. right? :oldunsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
and it wil continue down that road.. It is about surival and finding some you can trust and realizing most you can't.. Seems this show isn't for you so time to move on. :shrug:
I get that but ricks character was just way too over the top last night.

tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
:shrug: After The Govenor and Terminus :welcome: with open arms, and what happened after trusting them, I think most of us would go to the dark side..

Michonne understood that as she had already been there and returned.. thus her doing all she could do, and succeeding at the end, to bring him back.

Between Michonne caring for Carl, the Baby and bringing Rick back out of the darkness.. it's just a matter of when, not if, Michonne and Rick hookup.. right? :oldunsure:
In the comics, he eventually hooks up with Andrea. She's dead on the show, so its entirely possible.

Aaron is gay in the comics. The gay chick isn't in the comics, so, she was an add on that they decided to make gay. Funny how no one complained when she showed up though.

Still one more prominent gay character yet to come... but at least in the comics you don't realize he's gay for a long while. One of my favorite characters... super badass character

I could do without the gay stuff shoved in my face
Same. No reason for dudes to start making out. We get it. They're gay.
Said this to my son: Here comes the gay. I mean it was okay when it was 2 women but now they've gone too far. :mellow: Followed up with: the internet is gonna explode because of the 5 second gay scene.
I haven't read the comics.. But it has been known for quite some time that a gay character has a prominent role in the comic books.. So it isn't like the producers thought "I know what we need to change things.. A GAY CHARACTER!!" ..

They deviate a bit from time to time from the comic books, but the overall story is followed and thus this was known to be coming to most. :shrug:
Exactly what he said regarding the comics.

In the comics, he eventually hooks up with Andrea. She's dead on the show, so its entirely possible.

Aaron is gay in the comics. The gay chick isn't in the comics, so, she was an add on that they decided to make gay. Funny how no one complained when she showed up though.

Still one more prominent gay character yet to come... but at least in the comics you don't realize he's gay for a long while. One of my favorite characters... super badass character
We all know Daryl is gay. Time for him to come on out. :mellow:

ya that would be an obvious choice...if he was in the comics

ya that would be an obvious choice...if he was in the comics
that and Kirkman saying he was straight

Still one more ...
spoilers?

Not a spoiler about a character, just an observation on the direction of the show for the rest of the season as a comic reader.

I think there will be a lot of complaints about the rest of the season since there isn't a lot of action during their time at Alexandria until "you know who" shows up.

Maybe I was drunk last night but was there anything to the "why arent there any people in the photos" comment? Or was that just bad dialogue. Thanks

another thing that was weird is that the gay dude said he was following them but he managed to put the water ahead of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I was drunk last night but was there anything to the "why arent there any people in the photos" comment? Or was that just bad dialogue. Thanks
I know it's hard to believe, but it was just bad dialogue. IIRC, they coincidentally happened to plow into the herd of walkers just when Rick (or whoever) notices the lack of people.

another thing that was weird is that the gay dude said he was following them but he managed to put the water ahead of them.
guy must have been using his gaydar (they know Daryl, come on out) because they seemed to be quite a far way away from the camp. that's some good hunting skills.

tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
:shrug: After The Govenor and Terminus :welcome: with open arms, and what happened after trusting them, I think most of us would go to the dark side..

Michonne understood that as she had already been there and returned.. thus her doing all she could do, and succeeding at the end, to bring him back.
I agree completely. Rick is in charge of everyone's safety and he has two kids. With the crap they went through, he was going to be like that and Michonne had to reel him back him. I thought it was a good episode. As you said, this show is about survival, simple as that, people want safe places, other people want those safe places. This thread is really falling apart. No discussion about anything but complaints. Oh well.

Yeah, I don't get how there were zombie body parts under the hood.
They ran over dozens of zombies, the grill broke and Michonne started to pull one arm out of the belts. Seems pretty simple, it didn't get under the hood, the parts went in through the grill. I'll take a look again later, but seemed simple to me.

I agree completely. Rick is in charge of everyone's safety and he has two kids. With the crap they went through, he was going to be like that and Michonne had to reel him back him. I thought it was a good episode. As you said, this show is about survival, simple as that, people want safe places, other people want those safe places. This thread is really falling apart. No discussion about anything but complaints. Oh well.
The story arc is fine. I thought Rick's character in this one made sense, and I like the way the group is becoming increasingly ruthless and the sort of folks who you don't want to bump into.

The problem is that you constantly have to put up with a bunch of silly stuff like the zombienado, the car the magically won't start when zombies are bearing down, LL Bean Guy, etc. if you want to enjoy the rest of it.

tommyboy said:
El Floppo said:
tommyboy said:
Shark jumped
:shrug: After The Govenor and Terminus :welcome: with open arms, and what happened after trusting them, I think most of us would go to the dark side..Michonne understood that as she had already been there and returned.. thus her doing all she could do, and succeeding at the end, to bring him back.
Rick looks like he's losing it. Maybe paranoia taking over a little, not surprising given his past month or so.

If there was one part last night where I thought the Writers missed a great opportunity was when Rick went to hide the gun..

Would have been great to have each person who had an extra weapon take a walk( aka I need to piss) and hide a weapon somewhere..

It was great opportunity for the writers to show how the group as a whole wanted to find a safe place, yet at the same time had become unsure about any strangers/offers of Utopia..

Missed opportunity there by the writers IMO.. :mellow:

I thought I heard kids playing but I wonder if Aaron and Eric are the only people at this utopia, thus the "no pictures of other people" line and why they wanted so badly a bad ### group like Rick's to come and protect them.

Good bounceback episode after a so-so one last week. Really enjoyed the Rick-Michonne stuff a lot. I thought Rick handled everything well given what they've all been through. I was surprised he didn't force Aaron to drink the water to prove he was telling the truth but they came back to that with the applesauce. I like the idea of Rick burying another gun because after everything he's been through he just can't completely trust any potential hope that there's a utopia of sorts out there. This is a 180-degree turn from earlier seasons Rick who really was clinging to the belief that there had to be a better life and more normalcy somewhere out in the world. The guy really has gone to hell.

Since this is The Walking Dead there has to be something weird/awful/vile going on in Alexandria. Or maybe it's the group themselves that bring terror and destruction of some kind with them. The show's been trending that way for awhile in terms of posing the question of just how good these people really are and are they "the good guys" only because we've been watching the story from their point of view the whole time.

Looking forward to walking inside the gates next week and finding out what's going on.

The story arc is fine. I thought Rick's character in this one made sense, and I like the way the group is becoming increasingly ruthless and the sort of folks who you don't want to bump into.

The problem is that you constantly have to put up with a bunch of silly stuff like the zombienado, the car the magically won't start when zombies are bearing down, LL Bean Guy, etc. if you want to enjoy the rest of it.
Outside of the zombienado, what is silly about a 1980s Caddy stalling out after running over dozens of zombies and LL Bean guy? The former makes perfect sense to me, zombies aren't like hitting people that would "stay" together more when hit, they are going to literally gum up the works. As for LL Bean guy, we haven't seen their living conditions, so I can't comment on that. Lots of malls in DC area when I lived there, so probably still a decent amount of clean clothes if you want them. Even the zombienado didn't bother me, especially when Sasha makes the same statement we were thinking that they were lucky to be alive, good enough for me.

If there was one part last night where I thought the Writers missed a great opportunity was when Rick went to hide the gun..

Would have been great to have each person who had an extra weapon take a walk( aka I need to piss) and hide a weapon somewhere..

It was great opportunity for the writers to show how the group as a whole wanted to find a safe place, yet at the same time had become unsure about any strangers/offers of Utopia..

I think that was the point. Rick was still in survival mode, but as Daryl said "we ain't them" and I think the rest of the crew was willing to take the risk. Rick was the only one not willing to take that risk.

I thought I heard kids playing but I wonder if Aaron and Eric are the only people at this utopia, thus the "no pictures of other people" line and why they wanted so badly a bad ### group like Rick's to come and protect them.
That is what I thought. No idea what the case is, but that was definitely what I was thinking. They may not be the only people since he mentioned the surgeon, but I wonder if they are a very small group. I think they have been looking for well armed fighters that were actually good people rather than the bad groups I am sure they have seen as well.

That said, you would have to think that they have a decent amount of people with those walls, but they may have been raided before and lost a lot of people.

the flare... I took that as LL Bean guy thinking his boyfriend was in trouble and so decided to jet to try to help him. don't think it makes a lot of sense given the swarming zombie herd, but that's how I understood his actions.

any other takes on that?

I think that was the point. Rick was still in survival mode, but as Daryl said "we ain't them" and I think the rest of the crew was willing to take the risk. Rick was the only one not willing to take that risk.
:shrug: after all they had been through you'd think Carol, Daryl, and Michonne at the least would think "I want to trust them, and I hope I can, but just in case" ..

Users who are viewing this thread