What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

and how did they make a fence out of solid and welded steel? sounds great- and I saw the pic of the solar panels... but that seems like an impossible lot of work, materials and power to circle a town like that.

If there was one part last night where I thought the Writers missed a great opportunity was when Rick went to hide the gun..

Would have been great to have each person who had an extra weapon take a walk( aka I need to piss) and hide a weapon somewhere..

It was great opportunity for the writers to show how the group as a whole wanted to find a safe place, yet at the same time had become unsure about any strangers/offers of Utopia..

Missed opportunity there by the writers IMO.. :mellow:
I think that was the point. Rick was still in survival mode, but as Daryl said "we ain't them" and I think the rest of the crew was willing to take the risk. Rick was the only one not willing to take that risk.
:shrug: after all they had been through you'd think Carol, Daryl, and Michonne at the least would think "I want to trust them, and I hope I can, but just in case" ..
yeah. we'll see how they actually enter the town... doubt they'd be willing to give up their weapons or be divided up until they feel safe.

the flare... I took that as LL Bean guy thinking his boyfriend was in trouble and so decided to jet to try to help him. don't think it makes a lot of sense given the swarming zombie herd, but that's how I understood his actions.

any other takes on that?
I agree completely. After the episode was over, it was pretty clear that the flares were in case the two of them were in trouble, not a trap for Rick's crew. That is why he took off.

If there was one part last night where I thought the Writers missed a great opportunity was when Rick went to hide the gun..

Would have been great to have each person who had an extra weapon take a walk( aka I need to piss) and hide a weapon somewhere..

It was great opportunity for the writers to show how the group as a whole wanted to find a safe place, yet at the same time had become unsure about any strangers/offers of Utopia..

Missed opportunity there by the writers IMO.. :mellow:
I think that was the point. Rick was still in survival mode, but as Daryl said "we ain't them" and I think the rest of the crew was willing to take the risk. Rick was the only one not willing to take that risk.
:shrug: after all they had been through you'd think Carol, Daryl, and Michonne at the least would think "I want to trust them, and I hope I can, but just in case" ..
I think as El Floppo thinks, that there is no way they will give up their weapons as they go inside. The chance of that went away with what happened at Terminus.

the flare... I took that as LL Bean guy thinking his boyfriend was in trouble and so decided to jet to try to help him. don't think it makes a lot of sense given the swarming zombie herd, but that's how I understood his actions.

any other takes on that?
I agree completely. After the episode was over, it was pretty clear that the flares were in case the two of them were in trouble, not a trap for Rick's crew. That is why he took off.
It was a little confusing at first, almost felt like there was an immanent attack, so Aaron took off. But it was a signal that the other guy was in trouble.

and how did they make a fence out of solid and welded steel? sounds great- and I saw the pic of the solar panels... but that seems like an impossible lot of work, materials and power to circle a town like that.
That is why, while I think they are low in numbers now, they may have been higher in numbers before and/or they found a place that other people had secured but for some reason those people got overrun. I hope they give us a little on that.

any other takes on that?
It was a little confusing at first, almost felt like there was an immanent attack, so Aaron took off. But it was a signal that the other guy was in trouble.
Yeah, that was intentionally confusing so we would think there was an attack coming, i.e. the "32" people he brought found out Rick went off the path he was supposed to go and were coming for them. It made sense afterwards.

If this is the Gay Woodbury who do they target as the next Andrea?

Daryl

or Tara

or Rosita and drive a wedge between her and Abraham just when it looks like they're getting back together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd expect an explanation next week. A pretty good one at that.

Maybe I was drunk last night but was there anything to the "why arent there any people in the photos" comment? Or was that just bad dialogue. Thanks

another thing that was weird is that the gay dude said he was following them but he managed to put the water ahead of them.
I took that as he had his boy drop it off ahead of them...

I hope so- but I doubt it'll be that good. unless "solid steel plates" means something else.
they will probably say it was one of the last military built safe zones.. eventually got overrun.. now it is Gayberry..

Not a spoiler about a character, just an observation on the direction of the show for the rest of the season as a comic reader.

I think there will be a lot of complaints about the rest of the season since there isn't a lot of action during their time at Alexandria until "you know who" shows up.
We're nearing the point of when I stopped reading the comics but from what I recall there was plenty of action there. The expanding fo the town, the beginning of Rick's group taking it over, and wasnt there a part where the people who live there tried to kill Glenn? Carl loses an eye as well and the love triangles etc.

I hope so- but I doubt it'll be that good. unless "solid steel plates" means something else.
they will probably say it was one of the last military built safe zones.. eventually got overrun.. now it is Gayberry..
Woodfairy

I buy that.

if you guys were actually gay, I have a feeling the gay puns would be much better.

Yeah, I don't get how there were zombie body parts under the hood.
They ran over dozens of zombies, the grill broke and Michonne started to pull one arm out of the belts. Seems pretty simple, it didn't get under the hood, the parts went in through the grill. I'll take a look again later, but seemed simple to me.
another thing that bugged the #### out of me was when Glen just used his hand to wipe off the windshield and then wiped the blood on his clothes.

and how did they make a fence out of solid and welded steel? sounds great- and I saw the pic of the solar panels... but that seems like an

impossible lot of work, materials and power to circle a town like that.
That is why, while I think they are low in numbers now, they may have been higher in numbers before and/or they found a place that other people had secured but for some reason those people got overrun. I hope they give us a little on that.
I would think this has to be the case. Otherwise why take the extreme risk of tracking a dangerous group in an uncleared territory, sharing your goods, and outright approaching them knowing you'd likely be taken as captive. It made sense with the hospital/cops b/c they needed slaves... This group must need something pretty sadistic to take the risk.

and how did they make a fence out of solid and welded steel? sounds great- and I saw the pic of

the solar panels... but that seems like an impossible lot of work, materials and power to circle a town like that.
Woodfairy
Sperminus

and how did they make a fence out of solid and welded steel? sounds great- and I saw the pic of the solar panels... but that seems like an

impossible lot of work, materials and power to circle a town like that.
That is why, while I think they are low in numbers now, they may have been higher innumbers before and/or they found a place that other people had secured but for some reason those people got overrun. I hope they give us a little on that.
I would think this has to be the case. Otherwise why take the extreme risk of tracking a dangerous group in an uncleared territory, sharing your goods, and outright approaching them knowing you'd likely be taken as captive. It made sense with the hospital/cops b/c they needed slaves... This group must need something pretty sadistic to take the risk.
I think it is probably similar to Terminus for the people who built the walls in that they were run over by bad people and either these are the guys left or they found this place. Either way, based on the end of the episode, I think they are secure from walkers, have supplies, but have no security against rogue groups of humans. I don't think there is anything nefarious about them, I think they are looking for hired guns so to speak to protect their little slice of heaven. I wasn't sure, but at the end I am pretty sure that is the case. That said, I have no idea how they built the community and if they even were the folks that built it.

I don't know if anyone noticed this or posted this yet, but in one of the beginning scenes, they group is walking down a road and there's a sign that says:

JTC

It's to signify that the road they are on junctions with highway 16 ahead. Only problem is that those signs normally say:

JCT

Because the word is JunCTion.

Seemed odd they got that wrong.

I don't get why people have a problem with the welded-steel-walls thing. Why is it illogical to think that a group may have prioritized wall-building, especially if they happened to have providential access to the right materials?

They ran over dozens of zombies, the grill broke and Michonne started to pull one arm out of the belts. Seems pretty simple, it didn't get under the hood, the parts went in through the grill. I'll take a look again later, but seemed simple to me.
another thing that bugged the #### out of me was when Glen just used his hand to wipe off the windshield and then wiped the blood on his clothes.
I know!Unless he gets cold water on that, that stain is not coming out

Can anyone verify? The walls looked to be built to keep people in, not to keep people from getting in. The supporting iron bars were angled up towards the wall from the outside.

Aaron probably has some club soda in his backpack

I don't get why people have a problem with the welded-steel-walls thing. Why is it illogical to think that a group may have prioritized wall-building, especially if they happened to have providential access to the right materials?
Definitely don't have an issue, I think we just want an explanation because it seems like this could be a really small crew, hence his mention of "people" being the biggest resource. You either need a lot of people or construction equipment, which is pretty noisy/draws walkers. I think it is completely plausible, Woodbury did it, but they also had a good amount of people and trucks/equipment. Based on these guys desire to bring Rick's group in, they have a limited amount of people, so it would be good, even in a throwaway line to know what happened.

Aaron probably has some club soda in his backpack
Agreed, this show is getting ridiculous. I can believe the term zombie was never used, but not knowing how to get out a blood stain? C'mon man.

Can anyone verify? The walls looked to be built to keep people in, not to keep people from getting in. The supporting iron bars were angled up towards the wall from the outside.
I think that that was a picture from inside. It wouldn't make any sense to have the walls supported from the outside.

He threw the blood onto the road, but should have wiped it on himself. Might not have got snuck up on.

I agree completely. Rick is in charge of everyone's safety and he has two kids. With the crap they went through, he was going to be like that and Michonne had to reel him back him. I thought it was a good episode. As you said, this show is about survival, simple as that, people want safe places, other people want those safe places. This thread is really falling apart. No discussion about anything but complaints. Oh well.
The story arc is fine. I thought Rick's character in this one made sense, and I like the way the group is becoming increasingly ruthless and the sort of folks who you don't want to bump into.

The problem is that you constantly have to put up with a bunch of silly stuff like the zombienado, the car the magically won't start when zombies are bearing down, LL Bean Guy, etc. if you want to enjoy the rest of it.
:lmao:

Mrs SB. on first seeing him: He looks like he came out of an LL Bean catalog.

My mommy maid me eat applesauce all the time and I really don't like it!! :cry:
That was so stupid. You got a guy who's looking for a reason to kill you and you can't swallow the applesauce? You just saw their group go to town on a bunch of dogs, but the applesauce is a sticking point?
It's just showing how good Aaron has it back home, that he would even refuse eating something like applesauce while Rick's group is eating dogs and worms and the baby eating ground up acorns. Just like collecting license plates as if anyone has time for such trivial things.

The characters driving don't seem to look at the road very often. I get that this is a zombie show, but at least try to make it somewhat believable. :thumbdown:

I think I'm the only one with a problem.

Don't see how they're getting welded steel plates going anywhere. I see chain-link and fence posts... or any kind of hodge-podge of materials like at Governor-ville... but steel seems both difficult to procure and heavy to transport and install for the size needed without serious machinery.

I do buy the military having set this up initially.

I think I'm the only one with a problem.

Don't see how they're getting welded steel plates going anywhere. I see chain-link and fence posts... or any kind of hodge-podge of materials like at Governor-ville... but steel seems both difficult to procure and heavy to transport and install for the size needed without serious machinery.

I do buy the military having set this up initially.
I believe it's military as well. I mean, Alexandria isn't too far from DC, so it's certainly possible it was set up as some defense for DC.

That was so stupid. You got a guy who's looking for a reason to kill you and you can't swallow the applesauce? You just saw their group go to town on a bunch of dogs, but the applesauce is a sticking point?
It's just showing how good Aaron has it back home, that he would even refuse eating something like applesauce while Rick's group is eating dogs and worms and the baby eating ground up acorns. Just like collecting license plates as if anyone has time for such trivial things.
:goodposting:

If someone had me tied up threatening to put a knife in my neck I can't think of very many things I wouldn't be willing to eat. Razor blades and thumbtacks maybe, you know something that causes a more painful death than the knife blow. Certainly not any real food.

If someone had me tied up threatening to put a knife in my neck I can't think of very many things I wouldn't be willing to eat. Razor blades and thumbtacks maybe, you know something that causes a more painful death than the knife blow. Certainly not any real food.
agree. for a guy that seems to "understand" their situation, that kind of behavior is insane and silly plot-device for the writers to create tension when none is needed. I'd rather have a knife shoved into my skull than eat something I don't like because mommy didn't love me.

Users who are viewing this thread