Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
goonsquad

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

6 hours ago, higgins said:

This is stating what I think is obvious but Jesus has to be Negan's plant. In re-watching last night's episode I noticed something I never caught the first time around. Immediately after Daryl and Rick start dragging Jesus away (after he got knocked out by the truck sliding into the river) there was a still shot of a spider in the middle of its web. Jesus knowing which house was Rick's? There would have been a lot of recon work (by many people not one) for Jesus to have known that.

Again, Captain Obvious here but the still shot with the spider/web was a give away...

He's not 

4 minutes ago, Loan Sharks said:

When I go on a foraging run in the apocalypse I always take a mid sized sedan. Then when I find the mother load I go on a sight seeing tour in a vehicle of questionable mechanical soundness. 

Except they weren't on a "Sight Seeing tour" ..
After they got the Truck Rick said they would take a different route back home..

The idea being that if they found more supplies they had room in the truck for them. :shrug:

18 minutes ago, snogger said:

:goodposting: My first thought was "why :confused: "

But then I figured it was due to one drives, other watches for trouble..
Not only that, but as a "plot device" it wouldn't as been as much fun having a car to chase down Jesus. ;)

One drives, one #####es about the music. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

One drives, one #####es about the music. 

:goodposting:

and unwraps the candy

1 hour ago, snogger said:

As far as we know done.. The entire "Wolves" attacked Alexandria.. Leader was the one captured, rest were killed..

At least that was what I took from his conversation with the Doc about how in hindsight he should have watched the town a little longer before attacking :shrug:

I didn't take away that that was definitively the entire Wolf pack, or that W-guy was their leader. still very well could be wolves roaming around out there with an as of yet unseen leader.

1 hour ago, snogger said:

Except they weren't on a "Sight Seeing tour" ..
After they got the Truck Rick said they would take a different route back home..

The idea being that if they found more supplies they had room in the truck for them. :shrug:

Hey Rick...we've found a truckload of goods...want to take it back the way we came...the safe route...or wanna just wing it and risk it to the unknown?

• Like 1

How come Jesus and his people were never found by all the scouting runs by the Alexandrains and LLBean Aaron?  How do you go out for weeks at a time and not find other communities?

8 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

How come Jesus and his people were never found by all the scouting runs by the Alexandrains and LLBean Aaron?  How do you go out for weeks at a time and not find other communities?

this doesn't bother me too much. you take a left when the other people are to the right... I can see it happening. it's a big area. I'm more surprised at the coincidence of them running into each other as much as they do.

that said- if I'm organizing scouting/supply runs- I'm going with a map, going door-to-door through each house and building to clear them out and marking them on the map to show where I've been already.

13 minutes ago, tdoss said:

Hey Rick...we've found a truckload of goods...want to take it back the way we came...the safe route...or wanna just wing it and risk it to the unknown?

yeah- again- that was weird to me. it wasn't like they found a few beef jerkey sticks- that truck was loaded up with all kinds of stuff. get it home and then go back out.

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

this doesn't bother me too much. you take a left when the other people are to the right... I can see it happening. it's a big area. I'm more surprised at the coincidence of them running into each other as much as they do.

that said- if I'm organizing scouting/supply runs- I'm going with a map, going door-to-door through each house and building to clear them out and marking them on the map to show where I've been already.

Thats what I was referring to earlier.  There has to be enough homes, stores etc in that area to have supplies last forever.  They are just winging it now.  I picture doing like Will Smith in Legend with a map and crossing out where you been.  Not a hard thing to do and seems more productive then stopping at random garages.

7 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Thats what I was referring to earlier.  There has to be enough homes, stores etc in that area to have supplies last forever.  They are just winging it now.  I picture doing like Will Smith in Legend with a map and crossing out where you been.  Not a hard thing to do and seems more productive then stopping at random garages.

area is way too rural to be Alexandria..  no mention of I-95 or Outer Loop, or Potomac River, bridges, etc..  there has to be a ton of COSTCOs around!

Edited by Parrothead

I keep forgetting they still have electricity for porch lights.

oh- and I agree with a previous poster about Michonne/Rick- they showed her coming out of a shower at the beginning of the episode in a very familiar way... gave me the impression they were already up to no good.

49 minutes ago, tdoss said:

Rick:  Are you stupid?  Of course we play it safe.  We just hit the jackpot.  Let's go back the way we came, get this stuff back to Alexandria, and then go out again tomorrow.

TWD WRITERS:  LIKE HELL YOU ARE.   YOU TAKE THAT TRUCK OFF-ROAD TO CHECK OUT A BARN.  THEN DARYL CHASES JESUS AROUND A MEADOW LIKE HYPERACTIVE 6 YEAR OLD UNTIL HILARITY ENSUES.  DON'T ASK WHY.  JUST DO IT.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

42 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

area is way too rural to be Alexandria..  no mention of I-95 or Outer Loop, or Potomac River, bridges, etc..  there has to be a ton of COSTCOs around!

My Link.  That's why it's impossible to take this scavenging in the woods business seriously.

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

yeah- again- that was weird to me. it wasn't like they found a few beef jerkey sticks- that truck was loaded up with all kinds of stuff. get it home and then go back out.

And to leave the car behind?  More insanity...like Darryl can't scout with the car as Rick drives the van?

And how does leaving it make any sense any way?  You're going to take a different route home...and leave the car out there?  Then have to take another vehicle out to retrieve it later?

It's all dumb.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tdoss said:

And to leave the car behind?  More insanity...like Darryl can't scout with the car as Rick drives the van?

And how does leaving it make any sense any way?  You're going to take a different route home...and leave the car out there?  Then have to take another vehicle out to retrieve it later?

It's all dumb.

Who is going to feed Rick fun-size Milky Ways if they take separate cars?

• Like 3

Leaving the car behind when they found the truck with stuff in it was maybe the dumbest thing in the history of the show.

Edited by Fariq
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I think Daryl has a crush on Jesus

well, they are both gay

:mellow:

They followed up one of the best episodes of the show with undeniably one of the worst. I know I am likely forgetting some truly terrible moments but JFC that was beyond stupid.

5 hours ago, cstu said:

Hope someone edits the chasing Jesus scene with Yakety Sax.

Apparently great minds think alike:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, modogg said:

Sheesh, Jessie dead for only a day or so, and bam!

and wait until everyone finds out Jesus is Negan?????

A day?

These boards are so stupid. can't even make a new post due to a post I made this morning.

49 minutes ago, Fariq said:

Leaving the car behind when they found the truck with stuff in it was maybe the dumbest thing in the history of the show.

How about mullet opening the gate and THEN talking to Daryl for five minutes with a few walkers stuck right outside the gate?

Just now, shadyridr said:

How about mullet opening the gate and THEN talking to Daryl for five minutes with a few walkers stuck right outside the gate?

The fresh supply of walkers haven't arrived yet since they burned all the local ones. In due time.

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I get that a couple of impaled, immobile walkers aren't a threat... but doesn't their noise attract more walkers? isn't that how it works (except when it doesn't)? I don't get the upside of not killing them.

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I get that a couple of impaled, immobile walkers aren't a threat... but doesn't their noise attract more walkers? isn't that how it works (except when it doesn't)? I don't get the upside of not killing them.

Looks cool.

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Well, it wasn't five minutes. That didn't bother me because it was daytime and the zombies were stuck to something. 

I almost never nitpick shows I like so when I commented on that car thing above it means it was really bad.

I think the stupid factor/lazy writing thing has been in the show since day one. Rick walked out of a hospital full of zombies no problem

Just watched this weeks episode. They have what would amount to thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of food and they stop for soda? AND, they get the food back and it goes to the bottom of a lake. Those two are dumb. AND, Rick is gonna have another dumb baby (although Judith may not be his).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Just watched this weeks episode. They have what would amount to thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of food and they stop for soda? AND, they get the food back and it goes to the bottom of a lake. Those two are dumb. AND, Rick is gonna have another dumb baby (although Judith may not be his).

I don't have a problem with them stopping to take the time and try to fulfill a request from the medic.  They are basically alone in the world now, so they shouldn't have to feel like they have to rush anything.  Not returning victoriously with a loaded truck full of supplies and continuing onwards with their run is extremely dumb, but again, this is a show and Rick has proven to be dumb many times over.

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Exactly.  Really dumb

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

They followed up one of the best episodes of the show with undeniably one of the worst. I know I am likely forgetting some truly terrible moments but JFC that was beyond stupid.

Yep. Horrible 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

A domesticated Michone is a dead Michone.  Time to find a new love interest for the Rickster.

Well.. that might be a bigger kick in the sack then Daryl meeting Lucille :eek:

6 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Meh....obvious error in planning by the writers there. Should have used another name for the town.

But in the end, it's moot. Just pretend it's some random rural town in Georgia or the Carolinas somewhere...because that's what it is in the show...just some random rural town

41 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

"just pretend" wtf

Well, tere is more than one Alexandria. Apparently there's one in Louisiana, and one in New Hampshire. The town name is meaningless.

47 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Well, tere is more than one Alexandria. Apparently there's one in Louisiana, and one in New Hampshire. The town name is meaningless.

I was under the impression that Alexandria was the name of the housing development, not the town. Like Woodbury?

• Like 2

Wat?  They were 5 minutes from DC because Eugene promised they were working on the cure there. Even showed DC from a distance when they met the first Alexandrian. It's like you guys don't even watch the show!!  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Big Guy said:

They are basically alone in the world now, 

Wat?

Thats like the exact opposite of what this show has been about ever since season 3. 

7 hours ago, tonydead said:

Wat?

Thats like the exact opposite of what this show has been about ever since season 3. 

By that I mean that there are so few humans around them at any generic moment that it is easy to forget that you can just randomly stumble into one while you are looting some random place.  They just basically went 2 months without encountering other people, expanding their town, and setting up their farms.  They do not exactly live in the mecca of humanity. So that is why I can easily see them taking their time in any given place scavenging and if you find a untouched honey hole, take the time to explore it totally and get every last bit of juice from it.

8 hours ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

I was under the impression that Alexandria was the name of the housing development, not the town. Like Woodbury?

According to the TWD wiki page they're in a development called Alexandria which is near Alexandria VA.

"Alexandria was a planned neighborhood outside of Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.."

And a kind of interesting story on the actual "Alexandria" where they're filming. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-you-can-live-alexandria

18 hours ago, tonydead said:

I suppose all their resources are going back into rebuilding the wall, but, at some point why not make an armored vehicle?  I mean they obviously have sheet metal and welders, and yeah, how many supplies they figure are going to fit in that trunk?

I think they are foregoing a wall this time.  It's the kinder, gentler Alexandria in Deanna's memory.

Speaking of which, she looked better as a zombie.

Why is Rick wearing a watch?