Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
goonsquad

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

The food truck storyline was like watching some degenerate, broke gambler hit the jackpot for a few hundred thousand at the Wynne, cash out, but then decide to hit parump on his way out of town where he proceeds to lose a bunch playing dollar slots and drinking cheap beer, then gets ripped off by his new gambling buddy, then chases a hooker around, then walks away with nothing. 

That may be the modus operandi for a degenerate gambler, but that's not supposed to work for some of the best post apocalyptic zombie survivors. 

1 hour ago, Franknbeans said:

I think they are foregoing a wall this time.  It's the kinder, gentler Alexandria in Deanna's memory.

Speaking of which, she looked better as a zombie.

Why is Rick wearing a watch?

set up for a Hans Gruber type send off when he finally kicks the bucket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zow said:

The food truck storyline was like watching some degenerate, broke gambler hit the jackpot for a few hundred thousand at the Wynne, cash out, but then decide to hit parump on his way out of town where he proceeds to lose a bunch playing dollar slots and drinking cheap beer, then gets ripped off by his new gambling buddy, then chases a hooker around, then walks away with nothing. 

That may be the modus operandi for a degenerate gambler, but that's not supposed to work for some of the best post apocalyptic zombie survivors. 

Whoever said this group was the best :confused: .......Think about it..

They visit the CDC.... BOOM.. Then Herschel's farm goes up in flames.. The Prison stands while Woodbury falls, then the Prison falls.. Then they visit Terminus :bye:
Alexandria Almost goes to hell, and most of the original inhabitants are dead.. 

Rick and Company, bringing death and destruction wherever they go since 2010 :thumbup:

Edited by snogger

yeah, Rick and company are the schleprocks of the post apocalyptic world.  The Alexandrians should stone Aaron for bringing them in.  

2 hours ago, 3C's said:

According to the TWD wiki page they're in a development called Alexandria which is near Alexandria VA.

"Alexandria was a planned neighborhood outside of Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.."

And a kind of interesting story on the actual "Alexandria" where they're filming. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-you-can-live-alexandria

The paragraph just prior to the one you quoted says Alexandria is a walled-off community located in Alexandria, Virginia.  The comic version puts it 6 miles from DC.  That would make it just north of downtown Alexandria.  In the comics they often sent scavengers into DC for supplies, which makes sense.  Apparently the TV show doesn't have the budget for that.  Regardless, there aren't any woodlands anywhere near where the TV show claims them to be.  So I guess we just pretend.

17 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The paragraph just prior to the one you quoted says Alexandria is a walled-off community located in Alexandria, Virginia.  The comic version puts it 6 miles from DC.  That would make it just north of downtown Alexandria.  In the comics they often sent scavengers into DC for supplies, which makes sense.  Apparently the TV show doesn't have the budget for that.  Regardless, there aren't any woodlands anywhere near where the TV show claims them to be.  So I guess we just pretend.

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Execs gotta get paid:

2014 Executive Compensation Compensation vs. Performance (1-Year % Change)

Total Compensation 1-Year % Change   CEO Compensation Stock Return Revenue Return on Equity Net Income
$53,106,256
163.97 %
  323.00% 17.11% 36.67% 0% -10.30%

2 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

exploring the White House and all of the underground tunnels in DC would have been awesome

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

This is par on AMC's course.  They constantly do this.

Remember the episode of Breaking Bad where they hunt a fly in the meth lab.  Thanks AMC.

24 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

exploring the White House and all of the underground tunnels in DC would have been awesome

TWD DC

The Pentagon could be interesting too.

12 hours ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

I was under the impression that Alexandria was the name of the housing development, not the town. Like Woodbury?

This would make even more sense.

19 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I think Daryl has a crush on Jesus

Jesus is just alright with me.

4 hours ago, 3C's said:

According to the TWD wiki page they're in a development called Alexandria which is near Alexandria VA.

"Alexandria was a planned neighborhood outside of Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.."

And a kind of interesting story on the actual "Alexandria" where they're filming. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-you-can-live-alexandria

thanks for ruining it.  I just assumed this was Alexandria, Alabama

2 hours ago, MattFancy said:

they had no problem shooting in Atlanta..  

14 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

they had no problem shooting in Atlanta..  

nor does anyone else.

• Like 6

Canadian Newspaper Compliments ‘The Walking Dead’ On Its ‘Profound Idiocy’

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

43 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

:yawn:

1 hour ago, MattFancy said:

Pretty much.. The show has been basically the same for 6 seasons now..For those that keep watching hoping it will change well..

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M7bddf14867f3cb9ae622b5d5d8cc72c8o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

;)

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 8:11 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Tonight's episode must have been a good one.  Not many posts about it. 

Hilariousness

54 minutes ago, The General said:

Fan speculation that is pretty crazy. Big ### giant spoilers: don't click if you don't like people talking about spoilers

That is a real stretch. A really big stretch. I still think it happens as in the comics. No reason not to.

For those complaining that this is the same show over and over again, assuming that it is (as it has been) mostly following the comics, then there are new things coming. I'm really excited about the next season or two.

30 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

That is a real stretch. A really big stretch. I still think it happens as in the comics. No reason not to.

For those complaining that this is the same show over and over again, assuming that it is (as it has been) mostly following the comics, then there are new things coming. I'm really excited about the next season or two.

The producers/writers said in an interview a few weeks back that they were going to take a hard left turn from the comics.. :oldunsure:

8 hours ago, MattFancy said:

no ####

1 hour ago, snogger said:

Nothing new.. in fact I brought it up last week.. albeit in the walking dead comic book thread ;)

That could be disastrous if they leave out the best Negan stuff. 

Negan Negan Negan Negan.

Negan?  Negan Negan!  Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan.

"Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan, Negan Negan.  Negan Negan", Negan Negan .  

Negan, Negan Negan Negan? Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan, Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan.

• Like 2

I'd be highly surprised if that vehicle in the background was on purpose...with the level of production this show has shown, I think it's more likely just an error.

Last episode had Carul's eye bandage changing over and over again while they were in the woods...I noticed it because I was trying to notice if they covered the cheekbone since that was supposed to be what blew out his eye...not a direct hit from the bullet.

Except there's this image that shows it pretty much as a direct hit:

Image result for carl eye walking dead

I guess we should just be happy they got the right eye with the bandage with each different camera angle of that scene in the woods.

Missed it on Sunday and watched an on-demand replay last night. Normally my wife does something else Sunday when I watch it, last night she hung around a watched it with me. All night I was getting the eye ball look of "Really, you watch this #### every Sunday night? Is it always this bad?" 

looks like I'm not making her a fan anytime soon. Horrible episode 

Proud of Rick taking down Michonne.  Nothing wrong with a little apocalypse and chill.  

9 hours ago, flapgreen said:

That could be disastrous if they leave out the best Negan stuff. 

No one said they are leaving any of it out.. just the *who he introduces himself to..
Could all be a red herring and the writers/producers are just playing games in the media to keep us wondering.. :shrug:

Decent enough episode. The son looking for the mom was probably the best part with Rick knocking that ### coming in second.

They need to man Coral up a bit.  The "daddy's cowboy hat on the son" looks cute for a 8 year old....for a 6 foot tall teenager, it looks douchey. 

Looks like they're making this cat Jesus out to be the new "redneck ninja".  That can't bode well for our resident redneck. 

Show feels real uneven. Sometimes it's very much one of the best things on television....and sometimes it's so comical and trite it's painful.  The real talent of the writers on the show is that they can accomplish this on the same episode. 

19 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Decent enough episode. The son looking for the mom was probably the best part with Rick knocking that ### coming in second.

They need to man Coral up a bit.  The "daddy's cowboy hat on the son" looks cute for a 8 year old....for a 6 foot tall teenager, it looks douchey. 

Looks like they're making this cat Jesus out to be the new "redneck ninja".  That can't bode well for our resident redneck. 

Show feels real uneven. Sometimes it's very much one of the best things on television....and sometimes it's so comical and trite it's painful.  The real talent of the writers on the show is that they can accomplish this on the same episode. 

As I mentioned above .. The Rick/Daryl/Jesus moments were a combination of Luke & Bo + Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid + Rick & Daryl .. If you look at it that way I think worked.. Just turn off your brain and  :lol: along with them..

They have done this from time to time throughout the 6 years.. Follow-up an intense episode with mostly humorous moments. 

I think they were a combination of Laurel and Hardy + Dumb and Dumber.. If you just pretend and turn your brain off that kind of works. 

you'd have thought Jesus could have just sprinted right across the pond to escape

31 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

What if Jesus really IS Christ our Lord? Some of you tiresome critics will have egg on your faces then, eh? EH?

reminds me of a M*A*S*H episode

Edited by JoeSteeler

35 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

What if Jesus really IS Christ our Lord? Some of you tiresome critics will have egg on your faces then, eh? EH?

right???

and what it Coral is an EYEtalian?

On 2/23/2016 at 10:53 AM, MattFancy said:

They can't even afford to give Jesus a realistic beard. Did they borrow that from MacGruber?

5 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Now I really wish I had read the comix so I could be a dyckbag in two mediums. 

Are you the first to 10,000 likes?  That makes you a dickbag in my book.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Now I really wish I had read the comix so I could be a dyckbag in two mediums. 

It's early, still gots time