What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I just don't see 2 babies in this series, so I think something happens to Maggie.  She either loses the baby somehow, or she dies. I see Abraham going out a hero if he goes.  But my bet is still on Daryl getting killed by the hands of Negan.

i like how rick talks about killing people like no biggie, its what we do best.    Abraham is like "we greased a bunch of his dudes already, no problemo"

they are getting cocky and will be  reality check time

I think Glenn dies by Negan. Twice this episode Maggie was pushed into a leadership role. Glenn's death will be the catalyst for her to become a leader.

Negan is being billed as the most dangerous villain the show has ever seen. He has to kill someone important in order to drive that point home. In last night's episode the two strongest choices in my opinion were Abraham and Daryl. Abraham was all about the future and could he settle down and with whom and all the baby stuff. That would seem to make him a strong candidate to get killed. Daryl's the other. He was the first one to jump in and make a plan to kill Negan so he might be underestimating how lethal the guy is.

If the producers are still mindful of the "If Daryl dies we riot" segment in the fan base than Abraham could be the one to go. 

Glenn's a possibility too. Not only has he come close to dying several times already but the scene of Maggie watching a Hilltopper woman mourning her husband/boyfriend/Bootie Call Guy could be a foreshadowing of her eventually doing the same with Glenn.
If Abe settles down and gets mushy/soft, he'll be quick to die.  

Glenn is a likely candidate to bite the bullet.  When Maggie brokered the deal with Gregory, Rick said "we don't have anything other than us and what we can do."  Maggie then said something long the lines of "oh it's going to cost us something."  Probably the life of one of the core members of their group.  Glenn?

Negan is being billed as the most dangerous villain the show has ever seen. He has to kill someone important in order to drive that point home. In last night's episode the two strongest choices in my opinion were Abraham and Daryl. Abraham was all about the future and could he settle down and with whom and all the baby stuff. That would seem to make him a strong candidate to get killed. Daryl's the other. He was the first one to jump in and make a plan to kill Negan so he might be underestimating how lethal the guy is.

If the producers are still mindful of the "If Daryl dies we riot" segment in the fan base than Abraham could be the one to go. 

Glenn's a possibility too. Not only has he come close to dying several times already but the scene of Maggie watching a Hilltopper woman mourning her husband/boyfriend/Bootie Call Guy could be a foreshadowing of her eventually doing the same with Glenn.
Going into last nights episode my list was, in no particular order:

• Daryl
  • Glenn
  • Maggie
But with last nights episode you have to throw Abraham into the mix.

Not sure they have the "guts" to go the Maggie with baby route :oldunsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Going into last nights episode my list was, in no particular order:

• Daryl
  • Glenn
  • Maggie
But with last nights episode you have to throw Abraham into the mix.

Not sure they have the "guts" to go the Maggie with baby route :oldunsure:
That and I think the group needs someone in a leadership role who isn't gonna go all Rick in a crisis. Maggie would be a nice counterpoint to how Rick is operating these days.

But I'll keep going back to how Negan is being billed as the show's most dangerous villain ever. If he's far worse than the Governor, for example, then his body count will need to be higher or at least at a higher level of viciousness . The Gov took out two core members.

That and I think the group needs someone in a leadership role who isn't gonna go all Rick in a crisis. Maggie would be a nice counterpoint to how Rick is operating these days.

But I'll keep going back to how Negan is being billed as the show's most dangerous villain ever. If he's far worse than the Governor, for example, then his body count will need to be higher or at least at a higher level of viciousness . The Gov took out two core members.
Stay tuned.  They are vastly underrating Negan, IMO. 

Hilltop Community - Alexandria 2.0 - A bunch of helpless people that can't defend themselves only this time they don't even have any ammo.  Rick and crew come in and when Rick saves the day by killing one of the community members the people in turn think Rick might be the problem.  Deja-vu anyone?

Soap Opera - Rick and Michonne sitting in a tree, Abe and Sasha, oh and an ultrasound.  Barf.

Hope - Let's hope these love fests are brought crashing down by Negan.  I think the obvious choice for Lucille is Glenn, but, Glenn apparently has 9 lives.  I think the best choice would be Maggie with baby.  I just don't see it being Daryl, killing Daryl would be like killing Rick as for how much they mean to the series.  The more I think about it they won't have the guts to kill Maggie so it will probably be Abe this time, too much foreshadowing with Abe coming to terms with his whole settling down pancake making.  Yep, flashing back to Abe's lost family as he dies, Abe is a dead man walking.  At least Negan represents a different and more significant threat than the helpless community folks or a pack of zombies that the show hasn't seen since Terminus. 

Somewhere in Alexandria, there is a spiral notebook filled with "Michonne Grimes" written over and over again, with little hearts where the dots should be over the i's.  

Negan (from what I've read) isn't like the Governor in that he isn't just killing everyone all the time.   He's more targeted/calculating.   

good episode with mix of quiet and loud. "what" was :lol:  . tiny gripe- leader of hilltop was such a ####... why would anybody listen or deal with him when there are other people like jesus and the doc who are reasonable?

my predictions:

Negan is going to #### #### up.

Alexandria- :bye:

Hilltop- :bye:

Maggie and at least one other... :bye: .. it's time for Glenn to get dark.

not sure if Negan and his group die or not- that would leave us for next season to resolve... not the end of the world, I suppose. but my money is on all of these safe communities getting nuked in the aftermath... typical Rick/Gang style.

I'm hoping Jesus makes it- great character and a great addition to the gang. I'm also hoping the inevitable baby-batter triangle doesn't lead to stupidity where one of them smashes down a wall or something, leading Negan to invade.

and wtf is Carol?

I'm going with the long shot here.  They end up losing Michonne.  We've all seen what happens when Rick gets a love interest.  Doesn't end well.

Can't imagine them offing Glenn after going to the trouble of saving him so ludicrously (in the dumpster episode). 

also- why is a pregnant woman going on a commando raid?
You just try and stop her.  That woman is driven.  

She's only into her second trimester (if that) and she's going to be with her man.  Plus they could use someone who never misses head shots.

From what I understand about Negan, and correct me if I'm wrong you comic readers, is that Negan, while a complete bad###, actually has morals and would be against killing a woman, especially one that is pregnant. So I don't think he kills Maggie.  I still say Daryl, with Glenn, Abe, and Michonne in the mix, in that order.  Who knows, with this series, it might be Eugene or Gabriel or Spencer....

From what I understand about Negan, and correct me if I'm wrong you comic readers, is that Negan, while a complete bad###, actually has morals and would be against killing a woman, especially one that is pregnant. So I don't think he kills Maggie.  I still say Daryl, with Glenn, Abe, and Michonne in the mix, in that order.  Who knows, with this series, it might be Eugene or Gabriel or Spencer....
morals that involve beating a 16yo kid to death in order to scare Hilltop into "trading" with them?

I'm going with the long shot here.  They end up losing Michonne.  We've all seen what happens when Rick gets a love interest.  Doesn't end well.

Can't imagine them offing Glenn after going to the trouble of saving him so ludicrously (in the dumpster episode). 
Told my son that last night. Rick's woman, whoever that may be, is not for long. Add in that Carl likes her it could be the fuel to have Carl go dark.

No.  He isn't against killing women.  Not remotely.

I'm assuming they will be bringing the supplies and Maggie back to Alexandria before setting out on the raid
Previews for next week showed Rick and the group back at Alexandria explaining the plan to those who weren't there.

I wonder if Morgan agrees to go on a murder mission. 

Losing either Abe or Daryl would BLOW.  They have finally given Daryl much more screen time and dialogue, and Abe is total gold even with 1-2 short lines per episode.  

I am still leaning maggie.  I know what the comics say and dont care.  They go away from tons of what is in the comics anyway.

Maggie is becoming much more important, also a little bundle of joy on the way.  At this point a maggie murder would blow the top off everything. 

Losing either Abe or Daryl would BLOW.  They have finally given Daryl much more screen time and dialogue, and Abe is total gold even with 1-2 short lines per episode.  

I am still leaning maggie.  I know what the comics say and dont care.  They go away from tons of what is in the comics anyway.

Maggie is becoming much more important, also a little bundle of joy on the way.  At this point a maggie murder would blow the top off everything. 

They do stray away from the source material... a ton.  But the last season or so has been VERY close to the books, with this season being pretty close to frame for frame (from the zombie ponchos before Carl gets capped and the look of the Hilltop and Jesus and most everything this season aside from the Lake of Fire and the RPG).  

I think the dumpster move might've been to give people a false sense of security about Glenn... and we'll get a John Snow like cliff hanger when he meets Lucille for everybody to speculate about all offseason.  

They seemed to be setting up Maggie to be more involved with Hilltop, my thought is they stick with the "kill glen " storyline to set her free.

They do stray away from the source material... a ton.  But the last season or so has been VERY close to the books, with this season being pretty close to frame for frame (from the zombie ponchos before Carl gets capped and the look of the Hilltop and Jesus and most everything this season aside from the Lake of Fire and the RPG).  
The only thing is the producers have said in a couple of interviews that the show takes a hard left turn from the comics.. could be just to throw a red herring out to those of you that read the comics.. :shrug:

Oh yea?   I didn't know that... well hmmmmm.  IDK, but really excited the way it's playing out after being kind of tired with the show last season.   They had the balls to take Carls eye so they earned back some trust. 

Good lord I would be overjoyed if Darryl met Lucille first.  :wub:

I know what the comics say, but I think it may be a bit different. Comic spoilers:

While the safe bet is Glenn, and the directors may think it's clever foreshadowing to have him almost die twice in recent memory, I think (based a lot on the "hard left turn" from the interview) that it might be Maggie. They didn't want to kill a mother/baby in the prison attack (Judith) like in the comics, but they are plenty secure now, and could echo the comics from the prison scene by having Maggie be the one that Negan beats to death (and obviously the baby would die also). I still think Daryl is almost as safe as Rick, it could be Abe but I think he sticks around a bit longer.

If she was like 6-7 months along and lost the baby would it turn into a zombie inside her?  That could be cool....
Isn't that something that Lori constantly worried about and mentioned out loud a few times when she was pregnant?  Would be a heck of a way for Maggie to go.

Users who are viewing this thread