What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Isn't that something that Lori constantly worried about and mentioned out loud a few times when she was pregnant?  Would be a heck of a way for Maggie to go.
Not sure a baby that young can bite.

Side question.  If a Walker bite is killing people, why doesn't it kill people when they are bitten by the living people? 

I thought this was one of the best episodes in awhile. Nothing too crazy to complain (other than the random places those people were hiding in the house). 

You can tell the meh episodes by the lack of commentary in this thread.
I thought this was a very good episode. I think the last three have been terrific. I think they've done a real good job of setting the stage for whatever's to come with Negan. Hopefully that won't disappoint. 

I thought this was a very good episode. I think the last three have been terrific. I think they've done a real good job of setting the stage for whatever's to come with Negan. Hopefully that won't disappoint. 
It was an ok setup episode but not really one I'd watch again. As a fan of the comics, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes the rest of the way.

Apparently the actor playing Darryl has a new show coming out. Looks more and more likely it's gonna be Darryl.

Apparently the actor playing Darryl has a new show coming out. Looks more and more likely it's gonna be Darryl.
Not saying it won't be Daryl but the plan for Reedus' new show is for it to be filmed during The Walking Dead's hiatus. 
I'm part of AMC's "Pre-watch" list and have already watched his "Road Show".. It's basically him on a motorcycle visiting other motorcycle enthusiasts/collectors around the country.. 

For those that are big into Motorcycle's I think the show will catch on with them. Not my "cup of tea" as I don't have a lot of interest in motorcycles.. but I still thought it was decent viewing. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Side question.  If a Walker bite is killing people, why doesn't it kill people when they are bitten by the living people? 
Because zombies carry a different, supposedly incurable, infection virus that kills living humans rather quickly once infected.  Although we've seen on the show that can happen in a matter of minutes or a matter of days depending on the individual.  There are two theories of how this happens in relation to the zombie virus that every human is already carrying with the results being the same:

A- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "secondary" virus that is simply a deadly virus that kills a human and once the human dies the zombie virus everyone is carrying reanimates the dead.  Sometimes this is blamed on parasitic infection of the decaying zombie's mouth, but, since it kills some humans in a matter of minutes it's most certainly a "secondary" virus and not just bacterial.

B- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "reaction" virus that triggers the zombie virus that everyone is carrying and the zombie virus both kills the living and reanimates the dead.  Without a bite the zombie virus is simply triggered by death.

There is no chicken or the egg question with zombies.  The first ever zombie was most certainly an infected human, whether by scientific or natural means, whose death triggered the zombie virus.  The biting and introduction of the secondary/reaction virus isn't what started the outbreak, it's what accelerated living human death triggering the zombie virus.

Those are usually the good ones. Less complaints
I thought the show was average.  I'm trying to complain less because I enjoy watching the show and don't watch just to complain.  There are plenty to go around if that's what you're waiting for:

Jesus who can steal trucks, escape bonds and leap tall trucks in a single bound is left outside alone with the pregnant woman while everyone one else goes into a sketchy building because he says his friends are in there?  Why are they hiding in a building, a building with zombies in it, separated in different rooms like that after a car crash?  Everyone hit their head I guess.

Sudden starvation.  We've seen everything from Rick take to hoe at the prison to Carl stuffing his face with pudding and now we're supposed to think there is a lack of canned food in the metro DC area?  Have they even tried downtown, china town...  Why are they still in the woods driving on dirt roads?

Hilltop is Alexandria 2.0, except with pointy sticks.

Jesus said Gregory was a good leader and everyone liked him.....what?

Jesus is the only one that takes a bath when offered.   Jesus Christ Daryl wash that hair already, can't you see how good Jesus looks.

Why does Negan want to kill Gregory exactly?  The bonehead has already agreed to be Negan's Costco for food and medicine.  Why would he want to ruin that even if the recent delivery was a little light?

Rick pokes a guy in the jugular getting a bloodbath down his white t-####s.  After that he's got the same sweat stained, slightly bloody shirt he had on before.

Richonne, Wreck'em Ralph love triangle and ultrasounds.  Barf.

Rick and Co. offering to take out an Negan's entire colony without any intelligence info?  I guess they are a little high coming of the zombie war a few weeks ago.

Getting caught up from jump street. Up to the part in Season 5 when the group from Terminus has Bob tied up in the woods and are cooking over a campfire and pigging out. Lordy mama was that disgusting.

I thought the show was average.  I'm trying to complain less because I enjoy watching the show and don't watch just to complain.  There are plenty to go around if that's what you're waiting for:

Jesus who can steal trucks, escape bonds and leap tall trucks in a single bound is left outside alone with the pregnant woman while everyone one else goes into a sketchy building because he says his friends are in there?  Why are they hiding in a building, a building with zombies in it, separated in different rooms like that after a car crash?  Everyone hit their head I guess.

Sudden starvation.  We've seen everything from Rick take to hoe at the prison to Carl stuffing his face with pudding and now we're supposed to think there is a lack of canned food in the metro DC area?  Have they even tried downtown, china town...  Why are they still in the woods driving on dirt roads?

Hilltop is Alexandria 2.0, except with pointy sticks.

Jesus said Gregory was a good leader and everyone liked him.....what?

Jesus is the only one that takes a bath when offered.   Jesus Christ Daryl wash that hair already, can't you see how good Jesus looks.

Why does Negan want to kill Gregory exactly?  The bonehead has already agreed to be Negan's Costco for food and medicine.  Why would he want to ruin that even if the recent delivery was a little light?

Rick pokes a guy in the jugular getting a bloodbath down his white t-####s.  After that he's got the same sweat stained, slightly bloody shirt he had on before.

Richonne, Wreck'em Ralph love triangle and ultrasounds.  Barf.

Rick and Co. offering to take out an Negan's entire colony without any intelligence info?  I guess they are a little high coming of the zombie war a few weeks ago.
Not a complainer at all - I've went along for the ride on everything, but this seemed really forced and out of place. 

You all have a hard time believing Rick & Company would tell people they will kill the next villain without first meeting him :confused:
They met and killed the Gov.. They met and killed off the Terminus group.. They have yet to meet a "villain" they couldn't dispense..
At this point they feel they are better then all other survivors and, in their mind,  Negan is just going to be another Notch on their rifle..

Also, they took the guy from HillTop that has been to Negan's "camp" so they can get intelligence on what they are up against..

At this point all they wanted was food for the community and probably would have offered up Judith if it meant food ;)

Considering that the only reason they survived the previous encounter with Negan's men is because they had a freakin' rocket launcher, you would think that Darryl, Sasha and Abraham would realize what kind of people they are up against. This ain't no Alexandria or Hilltop crowd.

I mentioned this before, but it's not even possible for the Negan arrival to NOT disappoint.  Far too much buildup in articles and message boards, not to mention there is just no way AMC can give that character justice on network TV. 

I have a feeling JDM will nail it, but even if he nails it the hype is just too out of control for it to not be some sort of letdown for most people. 

I know some certain things could happen that would shock the #### out of people, but I just can't see that happening on AMC

In the new movie that just came out also, "Triple 9".  Looks like an ok popcorn flick. 

Daryl isn't going to die.  That would be a huge gut punch to the fans, but there are other characters that could die that would cause a far grater gut punch to the survivors than a Daryl death. 

Because zombies carry a different, supposedly incurable, infection virus that kills living humans rather quickly once infected.  Although we've seen on the show that can happen in a matter of minutes or a matter of days depending on the individual.  There are two theories of how this happens in relation to the zombie virus that every human is already carrying with the results being the same:

A- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "secondary" virus that is simply a deadly virus that kills a human and once the human dies the zombie virus everyone is carrying reanimates the dead.  Sometimes this is blamed on parasitic infection of the decaying zombie's mouth, but, since it kills some humans in a matter of minutes it's most certainly a "secondary" virus and not just bacterial.

B- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "reaction" virus that triggers the zombie virus that everyone is carrying and the zombie virus both kills the living and reanimates the dead.  Without a bite the zombie virus is simply triggered by death.

There is no chicken or the egg question with zombies.  The first ever zombie was most certainly an infected human, whether by scientific or natural means, whose death triggered the zombie virus.  The biting and introduction of the secondary/reaction virus isn't what started the outbreak, it's what accelerated living human death triggering the zombie virus.
:goodposting:

I hope they never explain it in the show.  Some things are better off just being left alone and unexplained. 

You all have a hard time believing Rick & Company would tell people they will kill the next villain without first meeting him :confused:
They met and killed the Gov.. They met and killed off the Terminus group.. They have yet to meet a "villain" they couldn't dispense..
At this point they feel they are better then all other survivors and, in their mind,  Negan is just going to be another Notch on their rifle..

Also, they took the guy from HillTop that has been to Negan's "camp" so they can get intelligence on what they are up against..

At this point all they wanted was food for the community and probably would have offered up Judith if it meant food ;)
How many people died in the battle with the Gov?

Considering that the only reason they survived the previous encounter with Negan's men is because they had a freakin' rocket launcher, you would think that Darryl, Sasha and Abraham would realize what kind of people they are up against. This ain't no Alexandria or Hilltop crowd.
You mean the one where like 12 guys with assault rifles had their guns trained on 3 unarmed guys and managed to screw it up?  Not exactly the best endorsement of their abilities there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned this before, but it's not even possible for the Negan arrival to NOT disappoint.  Far too much buildup in articles and message boards, not to mention there is just no way AMC can give that character justice on network TV. 

I have a feeling JDM will nail it, but even if he nails it the hype is just too out of control for it to not be some sort of letdown for most people. 

I know some certain things could happen that would shock the #### out of people, but I just can't see that happening on AMC
Throw in that they've done a pretty bad job with just about every fan favorite character from the comics so far on top of that.

You mean the one where like 12 guys with assault rifles had their guns trained on 3 unarmed guys and managed to screw it up?  Not exactly the best endorsement of their abilities there.
Before:

negan-social_7.jpg

After:

savior-1-christopher-berry-responds-to-the-negan-car-sighting-in-the-walking-dead-no-w-845875.jpg

Realistic?

Regarding Negan being made at Gregory, I think the guy who wound up stabbing Gregory mentioned that Negan has been complaining that the packages were short/light.  So sounds like Gregory is ripping off Negan. 

Zow said:
Regarding Negan being made at Gregory, I think the guy who wound up stabbing Gregory mentioned that Negan has been complaining that the packages were short/light.  So sounds like Gregory is ripping off Negan. 
Just the last package as I recall. Why cut the head off the cow when you've already squeezed the ### by killing one of his men and holding another hostage?

Just the last package as I recall. Why cut the head off the cow when you've already squeezed the ### by killing one of his men and holding another hostage?
Why should he care about Gregory? Now the next person in charge will know not to come up light on the delivery.

I guess it's in the Zombie Apocalypse Handbook somewhere that extortion is ok but slavery isn't?
In political terms Hilltop is a protectorate, meaning they are autonomous but pay taxes. This works for the state in control because they have to use very few resources to maintain control.

I guess it's in the Zombie Apocalypse Handbook somewhere that extortion is ok but slavery isn't?
*fixed.. pretty much universal agreed upon that in any Apocalypse the current way of things getting done will be out the window..

Extortion/intimidation will be the rule of the land. :scared:

When you're a slave master you've got to keep your eye on the slaves.  This is a better use of manpower.  

In addition, people will generally produce more when they're not slaves and they have skin in the game.

When you're a slave master you've got to keep your eye on the slaves.  This is a better use of manpower.  

In addition, people will generally produce more when they're not slaves and they have skin in the game.
Exactly this. Add to it the fact that Negan only has 20 guys in his crew, not exactly an army to watch the hilltop group.

Users who are viewing this thread