What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

So where are these other communities??  Go make sure you get half their ####, too.  While you are at it go recruit as many fighters as possible.  Ya got like 100 guns.

Cocky.  Cocky bunch we got here

Give everyone guns and mow down Negans guys whenever they show up for payment.  Then pull the "I dunno" if they come back ask where their guys are.  And if they do come back and ask, mow them down again.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing that sort of plan.

Because zombies carry a different, supposedly incurable, infection virus that kills living humans rather quickly once infected.  Although we've seen on the show that can happen in a matter of minutes or a matter of days depending on the individual.  There are two theories of how this happens in relation to the zombie virus that every human is already carrying with the results being the same:

A- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "secondary" virus that is simply a deadly virus that kills a human and once the human dies the zombie virus everyone is carrying reanimates the dead.  Sometimes this is blamed on parasitic infection of the decaying zombie's mouth, but, since it kills some humans in a matter of minutes it's most certainly a "secondary" virus and not just bacterial.

B- The virus transmitted by a zombie bite is a "reaction" virus that triggers the zombie virus that everyone is carrying and the zombie virus both kills the living and reanimates the dead.  Without a bite the zombie virus is simply triggered by death.

There is no chicken or the egg question with zombies.  The first ever zombie was most certainly an infected human, whether by scientific or natural means, whose death triggered the zombie virus.  The biting and introduction of the secondary/reaction virus isn't what started the outbreak, it's what accelerated living human death triggering the zombie virus.
Not really the case. At least, according to Kirkman. He basically says the bite causes infection or blood loss that kills you:

"The rule is WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."" —Robert Kirkman

Last edited by a moderator:
That still doesnt explain any sort of difference between a living person biting you and a walker biting you.  Then again, the explanation is probably going to be "nobody knows why".  Which is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That still doesnt explain any sort of difference between a living person biting you and a walker biting you.  Then again, the explanation is probably going to be "nobody knows why".  Which is fine.
Wat?  Yeah it does. Zombies are really dirty thus their bites cause infection. They are also more likely to keep biting/eating leading to blood loss. 

Wat?  Yeah it does. Zombies are really dirty thus their bites cause infection. They are also more likely to keep biting/eating leading to blood loss. 
:lmao:  I can't believe this is what they're going with.  An infection from a dirty bite doesn't kill you in a few hours.

You know what would work?  Remote detonated bomb on a pig.  Let a pig loose in the quary.  The dead will go nuts trying to catch it.  Eventually they will.  Then they do the zombie dogpile and you trigger your bomb and boom, all gone.  Do that 10 or so times and you're done.
Lazerium

You guys are forgetting about the zombies new diamond hardened chompers that rip through living flesh and sinew like shuke downing pickle juice.

ghostguy123 said:
Give everyone guns and mow down Negans guys whenever they show up for payment.  Then pull the "I dunno" if they come back ask where their guys are.  And if they do come back and ask, mow them down again.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing that sort of plan.
makes sense

mr roboto said:
So when someone dies and they turn 10 minutes later, they are significantly more "dirty" then they were 10 minutes ago?

Again, I am sure there is no answer, nor do I ever really want it to be explained (just fun to discuss for ####s and giggles), but the question is:

What changes from the time someone is alive, dies, and turns into a walker 15 minutes later that makes a bite go from nothing more than a bite to a completely incurable disease?  Remember this all started when people who were bitten were getting the best medical treatment possible. 

mr roboto said:

A zombie bite is guaranteed death, getting bit by a really dirty mouth doesnt.

I think Glenn dies by Negan. Twice this episode Maggie was pushed into a leadership role. Glenn's death will be the catalyst for her to become a leader.
Maybe the writers grow balls and off Rick...so prepping her to lead.

I laughed my @zz off over the hilltop defense.

Dude had a stick...a freaking pointy stick!

So awesome.

Go find some ammo or a reloader for god's sake.

Pretty sure He has a lot more than 20.. Hilltop has only seen groups of up to 20.. No idea how someone took that comment to mean that was it for his group size :confused:
When they asked how many people Negan had, Hilltop person answered 20.  I don't know what I was thinking when I took that to mean that Negan has 20 people.  What was I thinking?

I laughed my @zz off over the hilltop defense.

Dude had a stick...a freaking pointy stick!

So awesome.

Go find some ammo or a reloader for god's sake.
Better yet, they have a blacksmith who can forge things.  Forge arrowheads and go with longbows from the wall top.  At least it would match the period of their technology at this point.

When they asked how many people Negan had, Hilltop person answered 20.  I don't know what I was thinking when I took that to mean that Negan has 20 people.  What was I thinking?
They said they seen groups as large as 20 people. It wasn't implied that was the total number.

Padre be cold blooded. 
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread