What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

She may have meant being separated from Glenn.  Not knowing if he is safe and finding herself away from him in danger with the baby.. I can't do this anymore.  Let's stay together. ?
"Let's both stay safe and sound at Alexandria while others go out and do the dirty work".

"Let's both stay safe and sound at Alexandria while others go out and do the dirty work".
Or "you stay with me out there.  I got stuck with Carol, who had a weak moment, and almost got killed along with our baby.  Don't leave me again you ole' *******."

Felt like I was watching a bad 1980's WiP movie except nobody got naked.

Why kill Primo there at the end?  Oh wait, I guess you'd have to have FBI/Military training to know he might have some useful information.

It doesn't make much sense to have Carol's character arc back into a wimp like that.  Wonder if she's the one they are setting up for the big kill.

Guy had lost a lot of blood and was dead not too much later. Could easily have been unstable. :shrug:

Daryl is an expert tracker. He tracked down the truck Jesus stole from them. He's like a bloodhound on steroids.
Agreed, was thinking the same thing.

That was an odd episode.  For the first 35 minutes or so, I assumed Carol was putting on an act of being scared and meek, like when she turned into the cookie-baking-and-sweater-wearing-mom when the group arrived in Alexandria.  That would have been completely in character, as they've pretty much established her as the most cold-blooded character in the show besides Rick.  But instead she's really having some crisis of conscience when it comes to killing people who are holding her and Maggie at gunpoint?  Come on.  It's one thing to have a character change and develop over time, but they shouldn't veer all over the road like that.

But whatever.  It was a filler episode, and things are going to get a lot more interesting really quickly.  
the whole carol thing was an act to buy time. 

So it appears Rick's group has tied up any loose ends around the compound slayings. Neegan is going to find out a big chunk of his gang is dead and he won't know who or why.   They killed 7 on the road.  6 at the slaughterhouse.  And at least that many total at the observatory.  A good 20-25 people dead from Negan's group in the span of a month.

I'm glad they spent that episode developing the character of the captors so they could kill them at the end.
Are you guys (people liked your post) complaining now that they killed people off too quickly after developing them? Isn't GOTs (which I love to watch as well) heralded for just whacking people whenever they want? I thought that was one of the best part of this episode that we actually got to know folks from Negan's crew and didn't just treat them as redshirts for once. I liked that we found one lady who was very similar to Carol to point out that Rick's team isn't just a bunch of saviors of the innocent and downtrodden. Now, I think Red was a bit more psychotic, i.e. she killed her boss just to get away from him for asking her to make lots of coffee, not quite the same level as Carol's husband beating her. Negan's crew seems to be Rick's crew but took it to the next level where they have no compassion for people outside of their crew. Rick's team isn't on that level yet, but as seen in this episode with Rick capping Primo, they might not be that far and some of them might not be quite on the same page as Rick now.

So it appears Rick's group has tied up any loose ends around the compound slayings. Neegan is going to find out a big chunk of his gang is dead and he won't know who or why.   They killed 7 on the road.  6 at the slaughterhouse.  And at least that many total at the observatory.  A good 20-25 people dead from Negan's group in the span of a month.
Never read the comics, so my opinion, not a spoiler. I would think that Negan not finding the Hilltopper in the mess and maybe finding the fake Gregory head (could figure that one out) would bring some swift justice to the Hilltoppers. That will either be a slaughter and they will have to have another encounter to find Rick's team or they will find out about them from Gregory, which wouldn't surprise me.

Helluva job by Rick Grimes.

We don't know what else Negan has going on but he might still be waiting on an answer to find out if Gregory was killed. When no answer comes and all of his people end up dying he could connect the dots and make an educated guess that the latter could be somehow connected to the former. 

Does Neegan even know about the Gregory thing?  I get the impression he isn't micromanaging and this all happened so quickly, he may not have even known.

Spoiler
 Seems like I change my mind every week, but, Carol is my favorite to get her head bashed in now.  Look at what her character arc has become, right down to grabbing the rosary beads.  I think they make it look like Glenn or Maggie is going to get the bat and Carroll somehow sacrifices herself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Neegan even know about the Gregory thing?  I get the impression he isn't micromanaging and this all happened so quickly, he may not have even known.
The guy who stabbed Gregory said he was told to give Gregory a message from Negan. Possible Negan himself didn't send it but I think it's probably safe to assume it did. 

It'll be pretty obvious Hilltop is tied to it when they stop dropping off their 50% though

Why kill Primo there at the end?  Oh wait, I guess you'd have to have FBI/Military training to know he might have some useful information.
He told Rick he was Negan.  The goal was to find and kill Negan for the Hilltoppers.  Rick didn't know everyone was claiming to be Negan.  Maybe he planned to take the body back to the Hilltop group or something.  

That was an odd episode.  For the first 35 minutes or so, I assumed Carol was putting on an act of being scared and meek, like when she turned into the cookie-baking-and-sweater-wearing-mom when the group arrived in Alexandria.  That would have been completely in character, as they've pretty much established her as the most cold-blooded character in the show besides Rick.  But instead she's really having some crisis of conscience when it comes to killing people who are holding her and Maggie at gunpoint?  Come on.  It's one thing to have a character change and develop over time, but they shouldn't veer all over the road like that.

But whatever.  It was a filler episode, and things are going to get a lot more interesting really quickly.  
Why can't it be both?

Hard to know. I think they were still going to kill one of them. Our red head has killed 10+ people herself and they intimidate other groups (not all of the Hilltop folks are dead), so if they have ladies (not the bikers who do runs/have a lot of conflicts) with 10+ kills they are bad people. Lunger seemed to have the exact same philosophy as Red, so to her a big show might be the speeches and that killing people is just part of the show, no big deal.

I think they are trying to sow some seeds of doubt that our crew may be the bad guys, but I have a feeling they will dispel that when we see Negan.

ETA: I don't think our group is necessarily "all good" because all good people get killed in this world, but I do think they would live and let live to people that just wanted to trade with them. IMHO, Carol <> Red. They've both killed a lot of people, but I think for different reasons. They'd rather not kill people whereas I think Negan's crew could care less about killing people to get stuff they want to take.
I don't understand this 'all good' thing when we celebrate our veterans who kill on command without thinking twice. It doesn't make you bad if you are killing for the right reasons.

He told Rick he was Negan.  The goal was to find and kill Negan for the Hilltoppers.  Rick didn't know everyone was claiming to be Negan.  Maybe he planned to take the body back to the Hilltop group or something.  
yeah- this one didn't bother me either. not sure why Carol or Maggie didn't interject about the whole "we're all Negan" thing before Rick shot him- but he didn't leave them much time.

but yeah- Rick's group trakcing down the safehouse... ok. maybe they triangulated their satellites to get a bead on the walkie-signal.

Never read the comics, so my opinion, not a spoiler. I would think that Negan not finding the Hilltopper in the mess and maybe finding the fake Gregory head (could figure that one out) would bring some swift justice to the Hilltoppers. That will either be a slaughter and they will have to have another encounter to find Rick's team or they will find out about them from Gregory, which wouldn't surprise me.
Rick should realize this and evacuate everyone from Hilltop to Alexandria. Serves several purposes:

- would build trust between the groups

- Negan still doesn't know where Alexandria is but would torture everyone in Hilltop until someone cracks (probably Gregory within 30 seconds)

- Alexandria would have a stronger defense against Negan's force.

Rick should realize this and evacuate everyone from Hilltop to Alexandria. Serves several purposes:

- would build trust between the groups

- Negan still doesn't know where Alexandria is but would torture everyone in Hilltop until someone cracks (probably Gregory within 30 seconds)

- Alexandria would have a stronger defense against Negan's force.
Possibly but I'm not sure the Hilltoppers are any more skilled at fighting than the Alexandrians were. 

yeah- this one didn't bother me either. not sure why Carol or Maggie didn't interject about the whole "we're all Negan" thing before Rick shot him- but he didn't leave them much time.

Still doesn't make sense.  He's captive.  "Where are your other hideouts and how many people are there?", while slowly peeling his skin off.   And again, what you are saying is Rick taking him for his word.  Why does everyone get a pass on this show when they assume the bad guys are telling the truth?

Still doesn't make sense.  He's captive.  "Where are your other hideouts and how many people are there?", while slowly peeling his skin off.   And again, what you are saying is Rick taking him for his word.  Why does everyone get a pass on this show when they assume the bad guys are telling the truth?
:shrug:

I'm not saying it's a smart move- but I get a guy who's all Ricked out and looking to kill Negan, killing the first guy who says he's Negan. 

I could be reading into it, but they made a point of showing Carol's reaction- and it was one of disbelief and "that's a mistake". If that, they wrote it as a mistake on Rick's part which will be dealt with next week when Carol tells him the "we're all Negan" angle in the opening segment.

:shrug:

I'm not saying it's a smart move- but I get a guy who's all Ricked out and looking to kill Negan, killing the first guy who says he's Negan. 

I could be reading into it, but they made a point of showing Carol's reaction- and it was one of disbelief and "that's a mistake". If that, they wrote it as a mistake on Rick's part which will be dealt with next week when Carol tells him the "we're all Negan" angle in the opening segment.
One of the biggest problems with the writing on this show is that they wouldn't do that. Wouldn't it have more sense for her to say it right afterwards?  Instead, they'll drum up some extraneous conflict by having her stew about the "we're all Negan" comment while weighing the options of telling Rick about it.  

It was the same #### when Rick and Co. got to Alexandria.  A 30 second conversation with the dumb leader of Alexandria  where Rick is like "yeah...it sucks out there. We lived on a farm, that got overrun. We moved to a prison and were doing well until a guy attacked us and killed a bunch of us.  We thought we were  going to make it at a rail terminal....but that was inhabited by cannibals...so we're glad we're here. We might be a bit weird and nervous for awhile...but we'll get used to it" would have eliminated a half dozen episodes of faux conflict. But they need to pad the total number of episodes for more money.

I predict Carol and Maggie go back to Alexandria and start farming full time; a-la Farmer Rick and Carl in the prison when Carl started going all "Crazy Carl" and enjoying killing too much.  You heard it here first.

Damned if the show does, damned if the show doesn't. Some of you just can't be patient and want things spelled out every time. 

Who are the good people? The dilemma is the main story arc now. Are the people we know the good guys or not? It's kind of like LOST except with zombies and no island. Enjoy the ride. 

Carol was awesome this episode. She played those ladies to save her life and Maggie's. 

Damned if the show does, damned if the show doesn't. Some of you just can't be patient and want things spelled out every time. 

Who are the good people? The dilemma is the main story arc now. Are the people we know the good guys or not? It's kind of like LOST except with zombies and no island. Enjoy the ride. 

Carol was awesome this episode. She played those ladies to save her life and Maggie's. 
Yeah good take. The group has been morphing into "the bad guys" for awhile. That's been a central theme and I think it's been done very well. Should be fun to see what happens when they meet up with Negan. 

Good episode.  Carol having a break down.. but she snapped out of it quick when the girl slashed at Maggie's belly.  Rico shouldn't have opened his mouth.

I thought Carol was faking meekness too to get Paula to come in closer. 
that's what I thought.

As for Rick killing the dude, and many other items for discussion, I'm just going with the PTSD / "being surrounded by zombies for years takes a toll on people" answer.

I thought it was a very good episode.  Clears out Negan's outlier camp and makes Negan realize that Rick's group is pretty bad ###.  The fact that the support group sent out to ambush Rick was only 3-4 people suggests a few things.  Either:

1. Negan didn't realize at the time he sent them out that this was the same group that blew up the Zombie Hell's Angels group.

2. The 3-4 people who got burned were the only remaining ones in the locale.

3. Overconfidence on Negan's part.  Maybe they never came up against a group that was any kind of competition.

I'm also surprised that no one has brought up the killing of a walker via a knife thrust to the neck.  It looked a little low while watching the show and then when they did the kills of the episode on Talking Dead they showed a clear neck shot.  Wasn't anywhere near the walker's brain.  I'm sure it was intentional on the Director's/Producer's part.  

I thought it was a very good episode.  Clears out Negan's outlier camp and makes Negan realize that Rick's group is pretty bad ###.  The fact that the support group sent out to ambush Rick was only 3-4 people suggests a few things.  Either:

1. Negan didn't realize at the time he sent them out that this was the same group that blew up the Zombie Hell's Angels group.

3. Overconfidence on Negan's part.  Maybe they never came up against a group that was any kind of competition.

I'm also surprised that no one has brought up the killing of a walker via a knife thrust to the neck.  It looked a little low while watching the show and then when they did the kills of the episode on Talking Dead they showed a clear neck shot.  Wasn't anywhere near the walker's brain.  I'm sure it was intentional on the Director's/Producer's part.  
I don't think they were "sent out".. Paula mentioned they were another Scout team in the area.. They called them in as support..
Seems, at least up to now, Negan is sending out scout teams of 4 -8, but they are close enough to stay in contact..

Which would explain the "We've seen groups of up to 20" comment from Hilltop an episode ago.. :)

Hitting the brain stem or severing the spinal column between the second and third thoracic vertebrae produces an instant kill.  A shot to the neck is the best place to hit.  Theoretically a shot to the frontal lobe doesn't instantly kill a zombie, it just incapacitates them because primary motor cortex exists on both sides of the brain there.  For the three lobes in-between it's arguable, but, likely damages the stem or frontal lobe too especially with higher caliber guns. 

Damage to the parietal and occipital lobes would take away the zombies senses to attraction making them harmless. The temporal lobe seems to be the biggest area of the brain disabled by the zombie virus and may already be dead in zombies.

In Abe's version of the story he stirs the coffee with his #### then Sasha orders a 16oz Americano with room for cream

What's the motor cycle angle? It was Daryl's but when/how was it lost? I can't remember.

I like how Rick's group think of themselves now as some sort of super special ops team.  "We've been through a lot."  "We've survived worse."

Didn't the wolves get the complete jump on them and wouldn't they all be Terminus food were it not for Carol?  Hell the Govenor brought down their prison stronghold.  This little adventure seems like the first armed conflict that they actually won straight out.  And that's only because they caught the Saviors completely unaware.  I'm getting a little sick of cocky, cold-blooded Rick.

The people he met in the woods right before he found the tanker truck.  That group with the dumb ##### who laid down next to 2 dead bodies and got bit.
ahhh right, thanks  :thumbup:
So, I couldn't help myself from "reading ahead" in the comic book .. No idea if this will happen in the show or not but spoiler warning in case they do follow it..

In the comic book the guy that stole the bike has half his face burned "off" as punishment for previous wrong doings. As we know he ran away from Negan's place and was being hunted.. With Daryl's bike showing back up it is possible he will show back up, but this time with half his faced burned

:mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread