What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Skipdog77 said:
It mentions potential spinoffs, but specifically says there is no indication of a Negan or Maggie-centered show. 
You are correct, I misread that they were Maggie or Negan centric. Still the point remains, 4 confirmed spin off shows with Fear, the Young Adult show, the anthology series, and a Darryl and Carol show along with:

More TWD shows are in various stages of discussion too,

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't blame them.. It has been bringing in the ratings for years so they will ride until it don't ride no more..  :deadhorse:  

I'll watch the "new World"  at least the first season to see how it goes..

Gave Fear the same try.. and after one season had had enough of those characters and stopped watching.. Returned a couple season later, realized the writing was worse then Walking dead, and left for good.

I have no interest in a Daryl/Carol or any other Side Story spin-offs. 

You are correct, I misread that they were Maggie or Negan centric. Still the point remains, 4 confirmed spin off shows with Fear, the Young Adult show, the anthology series, and a Darryl and Carol show along with:
Agree it's too much.  The anthology series should have been the second show. 

Looking forward to the following spinoffs: 

CSI: Alexandria

How I Met Your Walker

Walker, Texas Zombie

Looking forward to them wrapping this story up.  Not interested in any of the spin-offs.  I'll watch Fear and finish up TWD.  

Not that I dont appreciate the scenery that Lauren Cohan brings to the table but a Maggie spin off? Meh.

I kinda think its hilarious that she came crawling back after her horrible show on ABC predictably failed.

Not that I dont appreciate the scenery that Lauren Cohan brings to the table but a Maggie spin off? Meh.

I kinda think its hilarious that she came crawling back after her horrible show on ABC predictably failed.
My guess is they threw some money at her  to come back after her new show failed to try and shore up the ratings free fall. It’s not like most tv shows don’t fail in their first season so her new show was hardly a guarantee to make it.

Most people only know her from TWD, but she was pretty up and coming at the time for genre tv. Did multiple episode stints on Supernatural, Chuck, Vampire Diaries...

My guess is they threw some money at her  to come back after her new show failed to try and shore up the ratings free fall. It’s not like most tv shows don’t fail in their first season so her new show was hardly a guarantee to make it.

Most people only know her from TWD, but she was pretty up and coming at the time for genre tv. Did multiple episode stints on Supernatural, Chuck, Vampire Diaries...
I’d bet as cheap as AMC is that they didn’t throw anything at her. She’s not exactly in demand right now and not being on TWD has pretty much taken her out of the public eye.

I bailed on the show 2 years ago I think? After Rick bailed. Saw yesterday it was finally wrapping up (aside from multiple spin offs it appears). Kudos to those that stuck with it, hope it wraps better than Lost  :D

Yeah, I can't imagine Cohan had much bargaining power. Is she one of the bigger stars of the show? I guess. But its an ensemble show with a huge cast and I dont think she's some beloved character. Reedus could probably hold their feet to the fire for a big raise if he wanted but pretty much anyone else is disposable.

Never understand why these actors leave a big show like this willingly.  I guess everyone thinks they're going to be the next Clooney or Anniston and just walk right into a huge movie career.

I bailed on the show 2 years ago I think? After Rick bailed. Saw yesterday it was finally wrapping up (aside from multiple spin offs it appears). Kudos to those that stuck with it, hope it wraps better than Lost  :D
The ending of Lost is so far above the last few years of TWD it’s not even close. Even comparing the two annoys me because they aren’t anywhere close.

Yeah, I can't imagine Cohan had much bargaining power. Is she one of the bigger stars of the show? I guess. But its an ensemble show with a huge cast and I dont think she's some beloved character. Reedus could probably hold their feet to the fire for a big raise if he wanted but pretty much anyone else is disposable.

Never understand why these actors leave a big show like this willingly.  I guess everyone thinks they're going to be the next Clooney or Anniston and just walk right into a huge movie career.
I think it’s pretty obvious, this isn’t Clooney leaving ER or Katherine Heigl leaving Grey’s Anatomy at the height of their popularity to spring to movies. IMO, this was actors realizing TWD is tanking and getting out before it goes totally down the drain and drags them down with it.

Cohen may not have any other options than to come back but I think it’s just as likely they wanted one of the popular characters back since the ratings continue to tank and there’s no way Rick is coming back (except in the supposed movies in development.) There are internet articles out there that Maggie coming back was planned all along, but that seems like spin to me. Edit: although how she just disappeared certainly left the door open to return.

:lmao:  I said with the sole intent of hoping you'd see it. Mission accomplished  :P
Lol. Lost is still up there in my favorites and I didn’t mind the ending at all. Maybe not the coolest fade to black but damn, it never once got to the level of where TWD is right now. A Carol and Daryl spin off? Yeesh. TWD incorrectly thought we cared more about these dolts than a real show. Daryl killing Merle was one of the greatest moments. It’s OK for stars to die like in GOTs where you are in a very unsafe environment. Lost was character driven but it also wasn’t a zombie/bad guy filled place where people died right and left. TWD was and they effed that all up. Carol should have gotten eaten by a band of rednecks in wife beaters not been Benny Hill leading the idiots on wild goose chases through caverns they never found in 10 years even though it was 100 yards away.

I will watch till the end now that we know it’s ending but there’s GOTs rush to the end and then there’s TWDs turn into legitimately one of the goofiest shows ever.

Episode 2 of the Finale was better then the 1st part and does leave a good lead up to the next group.

Even though it has been used before, I enjoyed the Piped Piper replay.. Beta going out the way he did ( Dam Daryl! :eek:  ) was a good way to end that battle.
as always some things were "Only these writers"..

Carol and her tag along have been wandering slowly through the herd for a few minutes and get attacked.
So how does Lydia, even in her mom's mask, find that exact spot in the herd and get there that quick?

Maggie and Mystery man somehow make it through the herd and came up the steps just in time to save Gabriel.

Not to mention, with all the lead up, to only have a bunch of Red Shirts go out was a little disappointing. 

Haven't had a chance to watch the new show yet so not sure if it is more of the same, worse then FTWD, or ......

I’m just glad the whisperer saga is over. It was pretty terrible.  Don’t really have any hopes for anything else being good but we’ll see 

Episode 2 of the Finale was better then the 1st part and does leave a good lead up to the next group.

Even though it has been used before, I enjoyed the Piped Piper replay.. Beta going out the way he did ( Dam Daryl! :eek:  ) was a good way to end that battle.
as always some things were "Only these writers"..

Carol and her tag along have been wandering slowly through the herd for a few minutes and get attacked.
So how does Lydia, even in her mom's mask, find that exact spot in the herd and get there that quick?

Maggie and Mystery man somehow make it through the herd and came up the steps just in time to save Gabriel.

Not to mention, with all the lead up, to only have a bunch of Red Shirts go out was a little disappointing. 

Haven't had a chance to watch the new show yet so not sure if it is more of the same, worse then FTWD, or ......
Yeah the walk through the herd was pretty dumb.  They used to have to cover completely with blood/guts... at least cover their face.  Now they just put on a jacket and walk through with the rest of their body (including the hands they used to smear on each other) were completely clean.  

Lydia catches up lickity-split.  

Another is how incredibly strong the walkers are when ripping flesh and limbs from a newly dead body (not rotted) but they can't managed to break a door glass.  They pulled the girl's leg off.   :lmao:

I like how they did Beta's fall.  He thought the walkers were embracing him, which in his mind they were and he was happy.  

Was good to see Maggie and the ninja and all, but they really needed to kill off one or two of the main cast.  Killing red shirts was pretty weak imo.

And the tease with Carol going to kill herself (yet again) would have been more shocking 6 years ago.  This time I actually wanted her to sacrifice herself with the herd.  I mean, I didn't really care anymore about her.  

I'll stay tuned to see what they're going to do next season. 

Also the preacher just simply pulls out a shot gun out of thin air.  Why not put it in the hole the whisperers are knocking through the door? 

The maggie stuff I just cant even..................

I am on board to finish this out but no way in hell I am watching Fear or the new one.  I am tapping out of this crapfest. 

pantherclub said:
Also the preacher just simply pulls out a shot gun out of thin air.  Why not put it in the hole the whisperers are knocking through the door? 

I am on board to finish this out but no way in hell I am watching Fear or the new one.  I am tapping out of this crapfest. 
Gave up on Fear..

The new one didn't have any cringe moments.. yet.. so will continue to watch. The ending of the first episode was a little :shock:

So that's the end of Season 10?  For some reason I thought it had more episodes starting up this fall

The new series is a teenage melodrama, yuck.

I think there is a Season 11.  Although the ratings are lower than ever so I'm not sure what is happening.  I doubt they have Maggie just show up at the end for 5 minutes.  There was no finality to S10E16 as far as the series ending.

Alongside announcing an additional six episodes to be added to the tenth season, AMC stated that season 11 would not premiere in October 2020 as originally planned
Season 10 didn't get extended?  Anyone?

Found it:

"The Walking Dead" season 10 is getting a bonus six episodes next year. 

Showrunner Angela Kang announced earlier this summer at San Diego Comic-Con that the series will get six "extra" episodes in season 10, which will air in early 2021.

"We will not be airing season 11 episodes this year as we normally would in October, but we're excited to announce an extended season 10 and there will be six extra episodes to follow the finale," said Kang. 

"There are things that are going on with our people and their communities and so there are things that start to tie those into what will become the major story in season 11,

Did I miss an episode or something?  Maggie just back with no explanation?  With some ninja?

I dont even remember why the heard was surrounding that building, but I did see the last episode like 4 or 5 months back.

Did I miss an episode or something?  Maggie just back with no explanation?  With some ninja?

I dont even remember why the heard was surrounding that building, but I did see the last episode like 4 or 5 months back.
End of "Finale" part 1 had Maggie digging up a box that had a note telling her about all that had happened, and presumably the plan to end it all at the hospital. No idea who Ninja guy is.. could be from the Group she disappeared with or :shrug:  

As mentioned above, with Covid delaying everything, they decided to add 6 episodes to Season 10 to be shown in the Spring, and then Season 11 will be the last season of TWD.

pantherclub said:

The episode was awful, but I’ll finish as well. Too much invested. Hey, let’s not shoot the whisperer with the grenade. Did they not watch Hardhomme? They peak a head through shoot it with the 4 bows pointed at the hole. Also, they had their own explosives. That would have been a good time to throw one on the other side or have some ready in the stairwell.

ghostguy123 said:

Its like the writers are not even trying.  Maggie shows up after being gone years(?) and saves them.  Two things here. The writers didnt even do a throwaway line of how she got into the hospital something like "Hey we came in through the sewer" and when the group saw maggie the preacher was like whats up instead of "where the eff have you been and how did you get here"?  Its so bizarre how bad the writing is.

They kept making a point to show the overhead shot of how many zombies were surrounding the hospital but the group had no problems finding each other or the Whisperers in the chaos.  How did the whisperers know where the group was in the hospital?  Its all so stupid.  I mean like I said at least drop some throwaway lines to try and address some of the insane plot holes

Its like the writers are not even trying.  Maggie shows up after being gone years(?) and saves them.  Two things here. The writers didnt even do a throwaway line of how she got into the hospital something like "Hey we came in through the sewer" and when the group saw maggie the preacher was like whats up instead of "where the eff have you been and how did you get here"?  Its so bizarre how bad the writing is.

They kept making a point to show the overhead shot of how many zombies were surrounding the hospital but the group had no problems finding each other or the Whisperers in the chaos.  How did the whisperers know where the group was in the hospital?  Its all so stupid.  I mean like I said at least drop some throwaway lines to try and address some of the insane plot holes
They knew where the group was because the killed them with some arrows and they spotted the priest. The people inside weren’t really hiding well. That I can understand. Also, Maggie showing up there at the exact right time was goofy, but I’m pretty sure at that point they had started the pied piper thing so the hospital was pretty clear of zombies, no need to go into a sewer. Actually, Maggie showing up there was very easy to explain. She and her ninja saved Aaron and the other guy, so Maggie and ninja knew exactly where to go. They just didn’t show Aaron at the end.

It was an awful episode, but some of your issues were easily explained.

Gave up on Fear..

The new one didn't have any cringe moments.. yet.. so will continue to watch. The ending of the first episode was a little :shock:
Didn't take long.   The bowling ball..... :lmao:   That takes the cake.

4 teens take off for a walk from Omaha to New York.  Despite their horrible day packs, one kid has an old suitcase strapped to his back, the skinny 100lb or so girl finds an old bowling ball and bag and decides that's something she wants to carry across the country.  lol  

This is a much kinder and gentler story, made for the kids is the only reason I can think of.  They don't kill any zombies, they can't bring themselves to do it, rather, they trick and trap the few the come across Scooby Do style.  When they finally have to move past a horde they do so by sneaking at night hidden by a bunch of smoke from burning tires.  Yes, a fire of burning tires have been burning for decades apparently,  but somehow all this smoke isn't toxic to any of the teens at all, they just walk right through it.   :lmao:

I used to  :rolleyes:  at the bad gas people on here and wonder why they would watch a show that they hated so much. Now I get it.

It's like a test of wills between the writers and myself.  I'm so "pot committed" at this point I just refuse to give up.

I liked the opening episode of FTWD.  Morgan turning a new leaf.  New twist with Morgan being half-dead, or at least smelling like it, and being able to walk right by walkers.  It'll all change when they feature some of the other members of the group in episodes, I'm sure.  They should have kept the bounty hunter around a few more episodes, though.  He had potential. 

The new one needs to get back to the New World order running things..
The end of episode 1 shows the town, and the people in it, destroyed.. Then nothing about why in episode 2.

That group is why I am giving this a chance.

Not Kids learning how to kill empties.... or some guy's torment of his past, due to coming out to his Dad. :rolleyes:

First off the Search function was bad enough before, but now is totally worthless.. Had to go through the "My Content" to find this thread.

Reapers, I guess, are a Military style group who believes in kill first, ask questions later.. 

Would have liked to get back to Eugene and the group that were captured the last episode as I think that group that captured them could be the "good Guys"..

The end battle with the Reaper guy had a few :doh:  moments.. Daryl shoots the guy with an arrow and then rushes him?? Why not shot him a few more times in the legs to bring him down for questioning. But no, bull rush which of course ends how you'd expect..

Then, for no reason other then to delay long enough for Daryl to recover and Maggie to untie herself, the guy takes his sweet old time to remove his camouflage.. Then pulls the pin to blow himself up..
Oh, and the guy gets blown to bits, but Maggie, ends up with no blood/body parts on her. 

Next weeks preview looks like a Daryl week who, at this point, is the best character left.

The thing that will always drive me insane is when they have characters make completely inexplicable decisions just to drive conflict or create "cool" set pieces.

Daryl, Maggie and the other 3 are walking through the woods. They realize they need someplace safe to settle in for the night. They're walking by some sort of fenced in junk yard with storage containers laying around. So yeah, that seems like a good enough place. They cut open the fence and begin clearing it out.

They kill like 20 zombies pretty easily and then Maggie spots a storage container with the door ajar and an unknown number of zombies in it? How many? We dont know. But its at least a handful, as Maggie and Daryl have a hard time closing it.

My question is....why did they feel they needed to try so hard to close the door?  Who cares if 8-10 zombies stumble out of there? You've got 5 seasoned zombie killers who have just easily wiped out twice that many and can easily dispatch them. So instead of just letting them come out and get skewered by Daryl's crossbow, Maggie feels the need to slam into the door, creating a completely unnecessary situation where her uncovered arm could be bitten by a zombie. Instead, it just gets scratched, creating a MASSIVE open gash that could easily become infected in a world with an ever decreasing supply of antibiotics. 

And the reward? Instead of sleeping in a quiet junkyard, you've now got an unknown amount of zombies in an adjacent storage container, growling and slamming on the walls...disrupting your sleep and making it harder for the person on watch to hear outside threats coming in.

But we got a cool 2 second shot of a zombie head getting crushed in the door, so I guess it was worth it.

I get that its a show about zombies, so realism is not what they're going for here.  But people who have survived a decade in the zombie apocalypse dont do these sorts of things.

I got about 1 minute in.  When Maggie threw the knife and bullseyed the Zombie in the head I literally said out loud "I'm out" and turned it off.  

I got about 1 minute in.  When Maggie threw the knife and bullseyed the Zombie in the head I literally said out loud "I'm out" and turned it off.  
If you didn’t do a remote flip, I’m a little disappointed.

Really thinking I need to watch this episode soon.

ETA: I’ll add that I honestly think a knife throw to the head isn’t outlandish compared to the rest of the schlock we’ve seen the last few seasons. One could actually imagine that with literally nothing to do most days that you should be an expert with a bow, gun or knife by now. If the rest of the stories weren’t so bad, it wouldn’t stand out.

I say this as someone who owned a compound bow and throwing knives as a kid. I even had a hay/canvas target out back to use since the trees dulled stuff too quick. If I had hours and hours, becoming an expert would have been easy.

That time of year again.  Folks complaining about a zombie show that has ran for, what, 12 years?  Yes, it's still the same stuff where unbelievable actions are taken by a smattering of actors with varying levels of talent.  

The episode was fairly weak for a premiere but guess we should be used to it by now.  The big guy taking arrows then slowly shedding his clothes for hand to hand combat with each of them(?).  Then decides to blow himself up.  Ok, fine.  

I'm looking forward to the last 5 episodes of this season and then seeing how they wrap up this whole thing in season 11.  I'm hoping the Negan back story episode, at least, is a good one.  

The thing that will always drive me insane is when they have characters make completely inexplicable decisions just to drive conflict or create "cool" set pieces. 
It was the central conceit of the show was that people would make poor decisions to drive the conflict in the early seasons. That made sense at the time in a world where the concept of zombies didn’t exist and people were just trying to survive and deal with the crazy nightmare of the dead coming back to life. By the middle seasons it got less and less believable but at least you could argue that the sheltered and protected citizens of Alexandria would make dumb mistakes alongside our OG characters or that trauma would cause people to not make rational decisions. But as you said, anyone who survived more than a few years would not be making these same dumb, idiotic mistakes so it just got more and more ridiculous.

They should have gone with an anthology show as a sequel as many have said for years if they wanted to keep the writing at this level of cheap and moronic. A new season starting over with the apocalypse each year (or even you could start a few weeks to months in if after a few seasons the “OMG the dead are alive” scenes got old) would have made a lot more sense to have new characters making dumb mistakes all the time to drive conflict and setup cool zombie death scenes. Heck, many of us were super pissed/felt cheated in Fear when they went from the first couple of days and skipped to a few weeks later by like episode 4.

If you didn’t do a remote flip, I’m a little disappointed.

Really thinking I need to watch this episode soon.

ETA: I’ll add that I honestly think a knife throw to the head isn’t outlandish compared to the rest of the schlock we’ve seen the last few seasons. One could actually imagine that with literally nothing to do most days that you should be an expert with a bow, gun or knife by now. If the rest of the stories weren’t so bad, it wouldn’t stand out.

I say this as someone who owned a compound bow and throwing knives as a kid. I even had a hay/canvas target out back to use since the trees dulled stuff too quick. If I had hours and hours, becoming an expert would have been easy.
yea, don't get the "Oh no way could she throw a knife that well".. it was what 20 feet away?  Not like she threw it a couple football lengths through the woods for a direct hit.  If that makes you "Tap out" then I'm surprised they even tuned in.. :shrug:  

I thought the character development they have done with Daryl over the past few episodes has been great..
His conversation with Judith last season, when she thought he was going to leave along with Michonne was very good, and this week's discussions with Maggie also showed a side of him we don't see that often. 

Didn't watch, probably won't, but another "villainous group" with a name? Ugh. There has to be other stories to tell. 

Whisperer, Saviors, Reapers, etc...if you were a rampaging group of murderers in the zombie apocalypse, at what point do you think.."we really need a name"? 

Didn't watch, probably won't, but another "villainous group" with a name? Ugh. There has to be other stories to tell. 

Whisperer, Saviors, Reapers, etc...if you were a rampaging group of murderers in the zombie apocalypse, at what point do you think.."we really need a name"? 
This is actually pretty close to what I was going to post. Saved me some typing! My reaction after watching the episode just now... here we go again. Repetitious doesn't begin to describe it.

This is actually pretty close to what I was going to post. Saved me some typing! My reaction after watching the episode just now... here we go again. Repetitious doesn't begin to describe it.
And that doesn't include the Vultures and the Pioneers from Fear The Walking Dead.  Hoping they bust out the Sharks and the Jets before the series ends. 

Vulture guy stops by Sportsmans Wearhouse to grab camo gear, sniper rifle and plenty of ammo. Meanwhile our merry band of idiots have been busy making their own clothes and whittling arrows.  

Vulture guy stops by Sportsmans Wearhouse to grab camo gear, sniper rifle and plenty of ammo. Meanwhile our merry band of idiots have been busy making their own clothes and whittling arrows.  
I would be willing to bet good money that our gang of fools left the vultures gun where it was.  I have asked ad nauseoum where all of the guns went after the war with neegan

:lol:

I saw a commercial for TWD recently and got all excited. Then I remembered...but still came in here just in case. Saved again by the internet.

Wasn't bad, but nearly as good as I was expecting. :mellow:  
Decent back story of what Daryl had been up to for a few years. Even though we know the outcome is different, it had the "Searching for Sophia" rerun feel to it.

Got lost with the timeline .. first 5 years ago.. then 1 year later, then 6 months later, then 18 months later, the 8 months later.. etc.. 

Seems maybe a year since last time Daryl saw her.. I know he went back, took dog and left a note..
But why hadn't he returned since? or had he and she still wasn't there?
Didn't seem like he planned on returning with Carol along, just happened Dog ran back and they followed.. Have to assume she is either with Rick or the Reapers..

That was quite cold of Daryl going after Carol again about Connie. Might send her off the deep end yet again.

What the hell was that?  There might have been a time when a Daryl/Carrol flashback episode might have sounded like a good idea.  This was not that.  

1 year later, 6 months later, 3 months later.  :lmao:   Lonely guy, lonely girl out in the woods, takes a few years before the hook up.  :lol:

One of the weaknesses of the show is it seems like they're incapable of doing character development AND plot development at the same time.

Its like they can't figure out how to flesh out the characters without an entire episode of flashbacks.

Part of that is due to the size of the cast and the nature of the world they built, but it still hurts the show. By next week, I'll have completely forgotten what happened in the last "normal" episode.

I know there had some speculation online that Daryl's character was gay (or asexual). This LIKELY puts an end to that theory, but they never REALLY showed them hooking up.

Users who are viewing this thread