What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty start-up mock draft (2 Viewers)

Go deep

Footballguy
12 team, 22 man rosters. Starting requirements 1QB/2RB/3WR/1RBWR/1TE Flex/1K/1D. NON-PPR

Serpentine drafting

22 Rounds

No limits on draft by position, i.e. you can draft 4 defenses if so inclined

8 hour pick clock - clock is turned off 2am - 6am EST

Pre-drafting via PM to another member is highly encouraged.

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts

1 pt per 25 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

Ints/Fumbles lost -2 pts.

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 0.1 pt for every yard

FG missed = -2 pts for 18-35 yards, -1 pt for 36-45 yards, 0 pts for 46+

EP = 1 pt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

1 pt for every 2 pts under 20 points allowed

0 pt for 20-27 points allowed

-1 pt for every 2 pts over 27 points allowed

Sack = 1 point

INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

14 week regular season

4 teams make playoffs

Time limits explained above. No additional time for the people on the tail end of the snake.

If you miss your selection, you can make it up at any time, first come, first serve.

Draft

1. Sholditch - Johnson, Chris RB1

2. Steelmancity - Jones-Drew, Maurice RB2(Debated b/w him and ADP. Went against the traditional rankings)

3. Jeter23 - Peterson, Adrian RB3(Pretty easy pick at this point. Had this been PPR, it would have been a tougher decision between he and Rice, or even a WR. I would have taken Peterson as high as #2 and possibly at #1 in non PPR.)

4. Instinctive - Rodgers, Aaron QB1(commish comment*, I knew you guys like QB's, but even ahead of Ray Rice?)

5. J-Dawg - Rice, Ray RB4(BPA. I would have taken Rodgers if available at this spot but with him off the board I couldn't ignore Rice to reach for another QB.)

6. Gandalas - Johnson, Andre WR1(With the top-4 RBs all gone, had to jump at the WR1. Andre is only 28 (29 next month), so he should have 4-5 good years at least left, which you cannot say about Gore, who was the next RB off the board. I was rather stuck as far as QB at this pick - Rodgers was already gone, and I just feel that the end of the round is more appropriate for the rest of the top tier.)

7. Catbird - Johnson, Calvin WR2(With the 4 RBs gone along with the top QB and WR (the reason I didn't want to pick here) I am the first who has to pick a player with blemishes. Better embracing as yet unrealized potential than creeping age, time shares or resting my hopes on Matt Lienart's future ...)

8. MFL ADP - Gore, Frank RB5(we will use MFL ADP until someone takes the 8 spot)

9. ookook - Williams, Deangelo RB6(via draft list)

10. Go deep - Stewart, Jonathan RB7( i was between 3 players here, but had to go with my heart instead of my brain on this one. JStew is one of the 3-4 most talented RB in the league, and would be an easy top 5 dynasty pick with Williams out of the picture.)

11. Donsmith753 - Brees, Drew QB2(via draft list)

12. Ruffody05 - Manning, Peyton QB3(I grabbed Manning in the 1st just to help test whatever theories might be in play here. It wouldn't have mattered to me which player went first though. Manning has quite a few more years of high end production left in the tank and I have absolutely no worries about taking him in a start-up dynasty.)

2.1. Ruffody05 - Jackson, Steven RB8(Jackson was a no-brainer for me. He's only 27 years old and St. Louis is going to continue to use him. I'll get fine production out of him. If he gets the opportunity to land somewhere else at some point down the line, he could rejuvenate and lengthen his career

2.2. Donsmith753 - Turner, Michael RB9(Was tempted to go Fitz here but the huge dropoff at RB between now and my next pick and the fact that this league is non-ppr swayed me. IMO Turner is clearly the best RB left at this point and I expect him to have a huge season. I'm not worried about curses and all the rest, the guy can play.)

2.3. Go deep - Wells, Chris RB10(One of the three guys I wanted at the 1.10. Talent and youth is what I want at the RB position, and I think I got a good combination of both.)

2.4. ookook - Fitzgerald, Larry WR3(commish comment*, cant believe he slid this far. I was already set on a RB, or i would have taken him)

2.5. Mr. Peterson - Mathews, Ryan RB11(Ryan Mathews is stepping into a great fantasy situation. The Chargers traded up a good amount to make sure they got the guy they really wanted. They are sure to give him 250-300 touches this year and with that offense I can see him getting a good amount of TD's as well. I think Ryan Mathews will be considered an easy top 10 pick by next year.)

2.6. catbird - Mendenhall, Rashard RB12(commish comment*, good value here. I am not a fan, but mid 2nd round is good value for a RB not in a time share.)

2.7. Gandalas - Charles, Jamal RB13(I just feel that if he can even do 75% of what he finished last season at, he could easily be a top-10 back.)

2.8. J-Dawg - Crabtree, Michael WR4(Some may question him as the 4th WR off the board, but I think he's going to be special and I wasn't confident he would be available at my next pick. He may not produce like a 2nd rounder this season, but 2011 and beyond he will be elite.)

2.9. Instinctive - White, Roddy WR5(I love consistency in my players, and this guy is the epitome.)

2.10. Jeter23 - Romo, Tony QB4(with 6 points per pass TD, I am glad to pair a stud QB with ADP. I was worried Romo would not make it back to me after 3 going in the 1st round.)

2.11. Steelmancity - Moreno, Knowshon RB14(Young, unquestioned starter, average rookie year but should get better and better and will be on a running team for a long time.)

2.12. Sholditch - Rivers, Phillip QB5(I actually consider him the second best QB on the board in terms of long-term potential. Rivers should be a top-five QB for the next ten years.)

3.1. Sholditch - Jackson, Desean WR6(Great up and coming receiver on a pass-happy system. Thought about a couple other names here but I love DeSean's game and think he is the next Steve Smith (CAR), just on a better offense with a better QB.)

3.2. Steelmancity - Marshall, Brandon WR7(Having Jackson pulled out from under me, I took the next WR on my list. Mashall is a player. Might have even have a better attitude now, and I think Henne can be an above average QB)

3.3. Jeter23 - Greene, Shonn RB15(I am not a big fan of his, but I think he is one of the few remaining bell cow RBs. The Jets offense produced one of the top RBs in football the past couple of years with T Jones and behind that O line, Greene should step in and take over with similar production.)

3.4. Instinctive - Rice, Sidney WR8(Absolutely love this guy. Big, long arms, sticky fingers, agressive, and extremely young still.)

3.5. J-Dawg - Grant, Ryan RB16(Not very happy with this pick. Grant is a consolation prize because I had really wanted Shonn Greene here instead and also had my sights set on Brandon Marshall with this pick. LeSean McCoy was also a player I was looking at but deemed as too pricey in the 3rd round and decided to wait, in hindsight I shouldn't have let him escape me. While not flashy, Grant is at least somewhat consistent and given the huge RB run thus far in the draft I will need somebody reliable as my second starter.)

3.6 Gandalas - Austin, Miles WR9(via MFL ADP)

3.7. Catbird - Best, Jahvid RB17

3.8. Mr. Peterson - Jennings, Greg WR10(Was actually hoping Austin was gonna fall a little bit more but Jennings is not too much of a drop off for me. I was between three guys here but I believe fantasy football is going a little bit away from workhorse RB's to stud WR's. WR's typically last a while longer and make more sense in a dynasty format. Jennings has perhaps the #1 dynasty QB throwing him the ball for possibly a long time and that doesn't hurt. Jennings is still very young and hopefully the packers resign him to be Rodgers #1 target for the next 7+ years.(I'm fairly drunk so I hope this makes sense...)

3.9. ookook - Mccoy, Lesean RB18

3.10. Go deep - Jackson, Vincent WR11(He is my 6th ranked WR, and his holdout allowed my to get him at the end of the 3rd round.)

3.11. Donsmith753 - Nicks, Hakeem WR12

3.12. Roffoddy05 - Finley, Jermichael TE1

4.1. Roffody05 - Wayne, Reggie WR13

4.2. Donsmith - Benson, Cedric RB19

4.3. Go deep - Colston, Marques WR14(Suprised he made it this far, gives me a solid #1 in case Jackson sits a while. Gives me a great pair when Jackson comes back. Colston may not have top 5 upside, but he has one of the lowest floors of any WR not named Andre)

4.4. ookook - Sims-Walker, Mike WR15

4.5. Mr. Peterson - Bryant, Dez WR16(Man, this was a tough decision. I was between Dez and a couple other guys and I just could not decide. But the fact that we have to start three WR's made the decision for me. Dez is a little bit of an unknown right now. Everyone knows he has the talent but how will he be used? Will he possibly take over Austin as Romo's #1? Even if he doesn't I still think there will be plenty of targets for Bryant to be successful. This is a dynasty and you can not ignore how talented he is and how much potential he might have.

4.6. Catbird - Jones, Felix RB20(since Dez got stolen out from under me, I'll take the other extremely talented but extremely questionable young star on the Cowboys.)

4.7. Gandalas - Thomas, Pierre RB21(#1 rb on the best offense last season)

4.8. J-Dawg - Schaub, Matt QB6(The last true stud QB on my list, I had to insure I got one of them on my team with this scoring format. Three of the four guys after me had QBs already except for Steelcity, and with him having two picks before my next selection, I wasn't confidant Schaub would be there with my 5th rounder and needed to grab him now.)

4.9. Instinctive - Davis, Vernon TE2(I feel like he's young and he finally put it together, and his coach is the type of coach I want for TE production.)

4.10. Jeter23 - Spiller, CJ RB22(I feel like he's young and he finally put it together, and his coach is the type of coach I want for TE production.)

4.11. Steelmancity - Clark, Dallas TE3(I feel like he's young and he finally put it together, and his coach is the type of coach I want for TE production.)

4.12. Scholditch - Smith, Steve(Car) WR17(Aside from being 31 I really can't see why he fell this far other than the huge run at RB. Smith is tough as nails and I expect him to recover from the broken arm just fine and be there for week 2 if not week 1. Getting rid of Delhomme is a huge plus for the rest of his career, and either Moore or Clausen (when he's ready) will represent huge upside for him. Really excited to pair him with DeSean Jackson.)

5.1. Scholditch - Moss, Randy WR18(have no problem with winning this year. I know I will catch hell for not taking a second back here since we can start three, but honestly there's just nothing at that position that excites me, and I'd rather go for two home run picks at WR, at least one of which will be productive for at least another 3-4 years. If I get two good years out of Moss including one more season in the top five, I am happy)

5.2 Steelmancity - Boldin, Anquan WR19(Solid WR, could have as strong numbers with Flacco.)

5.3 Jeter23 - Smith, Steve(NYG) WR20

5.4. Instinctive - Forsett, Justin RB23(I had a few guys here, and needed a back...but I wanted to go receiver. I just didnt think that any of the receivers fit into my plans like I wanted (I liked Harvin but not with Rice, and I don't see what others see in Maclin) so I went with a young guy who, IMO, will surprise over the next few years.)

5.5. J-Dawg - Maclin, Jeremy WR21(Maclin is one of my favorite dynasty sleepers heading into this season. He has the talent and upside to post similar numbers as DeSean Jackson at a fraction of the price. Jackson went 3.01 and I was hoping I could wait at least another round before grabbing Maclin, but, the way this draft has played out so far has been proof that if you want a guy, you can't sleep on your sleeper. Plenty of people I thought would be available later have gone higher than I anticipated, Felix Jones, LeSean McCoy, Jahvid Best, and Justin Forsett who was going to be my pick in Round 6. Absolutely gutted he came off the board before me, my options for my RB3 are looking less desirable by the minute.)

5.6. Gandalas - Brady, Tom QB7(getting a top-5 qb in the 5th round is always nice-he was the first of 3 qbs I had queued at this pick. He may struggle without welker to begin the year, but Tom has always managed to get his numbers.)

5.7. Catbird - Harvin, Percy WR22

5.8. Mr. Peterson - Gates, Antonio TE4(I'm not sure I would've went TE normally here, but with a small run of TE's going and my #1 guy still there then I thought it was an easy pick. Last year he had one of his best years ever. Add in the fact that the Chargers lost one of the best recieving RB's in the game, will lose thier #1 WR for at least 4 games (if he ever signs with them again) and has a rookie RB behind Rivers. I think Gates numbers could actually see an increase.)

5.9. ookook - Brown, Donald RB24

5.10. Go deep - Tate, Ben RB25(The Texans didnt take him in the 2nd round to sit on the bench. At least thats what im hoping)

5.11. Donsmith753 - Addai, Joseph RB26(via draft list)

5.12. Ruffody05 - Bush, Michael RB27

6.01 Ruffody05 - Wallace, Mike WR23

6.02 Donsmith753 - Bowe, Dwayne WR24(via draft list)

6.03 Go deep - Montario Hardesty RB28(Another RB selected in the 2nd round of the NFL draft, and should get a shot to start. The reports out if camp have been glowing, but then again, its only July, so i wont get too excited)

6.04 ookook - Britt, Kenny WR25

6.05 Mr. Peterson - Forte, Matt RB29(I passed on a 3rd RB when I selected D.Bryant over Felix Jones but I feel that I didn't lose too much by waiting to get Forte. I know he had a down year last year but hes only 24 and I believe he will bounce back. I think Martz will fall in love with Forte's skill set and it will help his fantasy stats.)

6.06 Catbird - Bradshaw, Amhad RB30(With three fragile RBs (Mendenhall, Best and Felix) to staff my 2 slots and flex, I thought I'd grab a bye week and injury fill in 4th (injury-prone) RB. Pulling as many RBs out of the pool as possible makes them more valuable on the market, no? Tough strategy leaving my 3rd WR slot, not to mention starting QB, until round 7 - but isn't that half the point of this exercise? I think you can find more unexpected breakout WRs in the later rounds than RBs - or so I am betting.)

6.07 Gandalas - Witten, Jason TE5(I was totally going to go RB this pick, but the run at the position has simply made other positions more valuable. A top 2 TE 2 and 3 years ago would have been fighting for the top spot last season as well if a few more of those 94 receptions would have gone for TDs. As it is, I figure he will regain his top-3 status this season, and presents amazing value in the 6th round.)

6.08 J-Dawg - Ochocinco, Chad WR26(The run on RBs has reached ridiculous levels that taking one here would be counter-productive. With two young receivers in the mix already, I wanted a solid vet to compliment them in my starting trio and think I got great value in the process.

6.09 Instinctive - Barber, Marion RB31(Only guy I've got left! Actually, I really like Barber, and the rumblings here in Dallas are that he was injured all of last year and will be going to his 4th quarter pounding role plus goalline, and then some receiving. I see 1000/10 as quite possible in the Dallas offense, and then he could move on to a better place next year)

6.10 Jeter23 - Welker, Wes WR27

6.11 Steelmancity - Brown, Ronnie RB32

6.12 Sholditch -

We are offically underway!! PLEASE send lists if you are not going to be around for more than a few hours, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN - I'll take the 4 slot - if permitted.

I noticed in the SP thread that you guys were discussing whether or not to include rookies with this draft. I suggest you take a look at the latest Spring Survivor Mocks done right here in this forum to get an idea where the rookies were drafted when included in the overall player pool:

SSL1

SSL2

SSL3

SSL4

Granted, these are not dynasty leagues, but it would give you an indication of rookie values as compared to veterans. These were 18 round drafts, with 16 teams each.

I'm game either way, but it would be good to confirm here in this thread which way you are heading......include rookies, or not? My opinion is that if this is a start-up dynasty, then rookies should be included in the mix.....it's got to be tougher for some folks to gauge when to draft a rookie in dynasty vs. drafting a veteran. Splitting the pool and then having a rookie draft just seems to take the skill level down a notch. Again, just my opinion and I'm game no matter which way you guys lean.

One other thing I should probably mention: I would consider a QB in the first round of a dynasty start-up depending on my draft slot. I will not take one at #4, if I am permitted to have that slot.

Rody

eta: No TE's in this league....or is that an oversight? Team D scoring for sacks, fumbles, interceptions, safeties & points allowed?

not sure whats going on in here, but if you need a drafter I'm all over it............don't care what spot...

IN - I'll take the 4 slot - if permitted.

I noticed in the SP thread that you guys were discussing whether or not to include rookies with this draft. I suggest you take a look at the latest Spring Survivor Mocks done right here in this forum to get an idea where the rookies were drafted when included in the overall player pool:

SSL1

SSL2

SSL3

SSL4

Granted, these are not dynasty leagues, but it would give you an indication of rookie values as compared to veterans. These were 18 round drafts, with 16 teams each.

I'm game either way, but it would be good to confirm here in this thread which way you are heading......include rookies, or not? My opinion is that if this is a start-up dynasty, then rookies should be included in the mix.....it's got to be tougher for some folks to gauge when to draft a rookie in dynasty vs. drafting a veteran. Splitting the pool and then having a rookie draft just seems to take the skill level down a notch. Again, just my opinion and I'm game no matter which way you guys lean.

One other thing I should probably mention: I would consider a QB in the first round of a dynasty start-up depending on my draft slot. I will not take one at #4, if I am permitted to have that slot.

Rody

eta: No TE's in this league....or is that an oversight? Team D scoring for sacks, fumbles, interceptions, safeties & points allowed?
Yep, sorry, there are TE's, fixed.I agree that its more challenging to mix in the rookies. However, the leagues i have done usually drafted rookies seperately to offset the advantage of having a top pick. There always seems to be a handful of players that makes having a top pick an advantage. This year is no different, maybe even a bigger advantage than in the past. Getting a Ray Rice, CJ, AD, MJD etc., is baciscally like having an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Would anyone trade CJ for both of anyones first two picks? I wouldnt, so this is just a way to even that out, if only just a little.

I'll switch my draft slot to pick 12. Thanks for the option.

Disappointed you didn't include rookies in the main draft. But like I said previously, I'm game.

If you are going to post rosters on a league tracking website (such as ESPN or another) where we set lineups every week, you should at least give us some parameters for defensive and kicker scoring. Kickers seem easy - 3 pts for FG's and 1 pt for EP's. But defensive scoring should be noted.

Yep, sorry, there are TE's, fixed.

I agree that its more challenging to mix in the rookies. However, the leagues i have done usually drafted rookies seperately to offset the advantage of having a top pick. There always seems to be a handful of players that makes having a top pick an advantage. This year is no different, maybe even a bigger advantage than in the past. Getting a Ray Rice, CJ, AD, MJD etc., is baciscally like having an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Would anyone trade CJ for both of anyones first two picks? I wouldnt, so this is just a way to even that out, if only just a little.
Is this in dynasty leagues that have been around for a while, or start-ups?

Yep, sorry, there are TE's, fixed.

I agree that its more challenging to mix in the rookies. However, the leagues i have done usually drafted rookies seperately to offset the advantage of having a top pick. There always seems to be a handful of players that makes having a top pick an advantage. This year is no different, maybe even a bigger advantage than in the past. Getting a Ray Rice, CJ, AD, MJD etc., is baciscally like having an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Would anyone trade CJ for both of anyones first two picks? I wouldnt, so this is just a way to even that out, if only just a little.
Is this in dynasty leagues that have been around for a while, or start-ups?
Both, one as old as 8 years, and one as recent as 3.

I'll switch my draft slot to pick 12. Thanks for the option.Disappointed you didn't include rookies in the main draft. But like I said previously, I'm game.If you are going to post rosters on a league tracking website (such as ESPN or another) where we set lineups every week, you should at least give us some parameters for defensive and kicker scoring. Kickers seem easy - 3 pts for FG's and 1 pt for EP's. But defensive scoring should be noted.
Will do :wall:

Disappointed you didn't include rookies in the main draft. But like I said previously, I'm game.

If you are going to post rosters on a league tracking website (such as ESPN or another) where we set lineups every week, you should at least give us some parameters for defensive and kicker scoring. Kickers seem easy - 3 pts for FG's and 1 pt for EP's. But defensive scoring should be noted.
I actually prefer this too, im just trying to make it as even as possible.

Here is a sample of some basic rules we've used here in the Mock Draft forum for quite a few years. Time limits for picks is a good way to control the total length of the draft. You can make it whatever you want....8, 10 or 12 hours per pick, but 8 is surely enough time. Defensive scoring is listed also in this, but again, you could delete the Yards Against section or the Points Against section, or both, if you do not want them. I suggest you keep the other defensive scoring parameters though. I also deleted the PPR portion because I think I read in the SP thread that you were going non-PPR. Pre-drafting for those that know they will be away for extended periods of time is not only a fair way to keep the draft moving smoothly but it shows conscientiousness and respect for fellow drafters. I know you guys are looking for a slow draft, but you really don't want this extending into training camp. (You will have to decide how to set up the league....a single conference, 2 divisions, 3 divisions....my suggestion would be to do 3 divisions and have everyone play each division opponent twice and the others once for a 14 week schedule. 3 division winners and 1 wild-card make the playoffs. Or, you could just have it be a best-ball format, where the best scores form your entire roster are used positionally to give each team their highest score possible each week.)

Again, these are only suggestions, but we've been down this road here for a number of years and having some guidelines in place before this kicks off will be easier on everybody. I hope no one takes offense to me trying to lend a helping hand here and I hope this helps you guys out.

Ruffrody

eta: I've incorporated the additional rules (in blue) you've added into your OP.......it should be close to what you are looking for....no?

Serpentine drafting

20 Rounds

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 1 pt for every yard

FG missed = -1 pt for 35-45 yards, -2 for >45

EP = 1 pnt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Points added/subtracted from defense, for under 20 and over 27

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

14 week regular season

4 teams make playoffs

Time limits explained above. No additional time for the people on the tail end of the snake.

If you miss your selection, you can make it up at any time, first come, first serve on who's left.
I honestly don't understand your "Points added/subtracted from defense, for under 20 and over 27" scoring.....could you please explain? Does that mean for every point against under 20 points, the defense gets a point & for every point over 27 points against the defense loses a point?

Here is a sample of some basic rules we've used here in the Mock Draft forum for quite a few years. Time limits for picks is a good way to control the total length of the draft. You can make it whatever you want....8, 10 or 12 hours per pick, but 8 is surely enough time. Defensive scoring is listed also in this, but again, you could delete the Yards Against section or the Points Against section, or both, if you do not want them. I suggest you keep the other defensive scoring parameters though. I also deleted the PPR portion because I think I read in the SP thread that you were going non-PPR. Pre-drafting for those that know they will be away for extended periods of time is not only a fair way to keep the draft moving smoothly but it shows conscientiousness and respect for fellow drafters. I know you guys are looking for a slow draft, but you really don't want this extending into training camp. (You will have to decide how to set up the league....a single conference, 2 divisions, 3 divisions....my suggestion would be to do 3 divisions and have everyone play each division opponent twice and the others once for a 14 week schedule. 3 division winners and 1 wild-card make the playoffs. Or, you could just have it be a best-ball format, where the best scores form your entire roster are used positionally to give each team their highest score possible each week.)

Again, these are only suggestions, but we've been down this road here for a number of years and having some guidelines in place before this kicks off will be easier on everybody. I hope no one takes offense to me trying to lend a helping hand here and I hope this helps you guys out.

Ruffrody

eta: I've incorporated the additional rules (in blue) you've added into your OP.......it should be close to what you are looking for....no?

Serpentine drafting

20 Rounds

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 1 pt for every yard

FG missed = -1 pt for 35-45 yards, -2 for >45

EP = 1 pnt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Points added/subtracted from defense, for under 20 and over 27

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

14 week regular season

4 teams make playoffs

If you miss your selection, you can make it up at any time, first come, first serve on who's left.
I honestly don't understand your "Points added/subtracted from defense, for under 20 and over 27" scoring.....could you please explain? Does that mean for every point against under 20 points, the defense gets a point & for every point over 27 points against the defense loses a point?
I should have probably been more specific. I was thinking for every 2 points, the team gets a pt. So, if your defense allowed 14, they would get +3, if they allowed 35, they would be -4.

Edit, everything looks good, except the field goal missed, it should be -2 > 35 yards, not 45.

ok, I'm here and good with any spot, and I am a QB early guy. All I've said is that top QBs should be valued right along with top WRs and RBs, so I make no promises of who I taken when. My whole point has been BPA, with the longevity of QBs and to a lesser extent WRs making them of equal value to RBs in a startup dynasty.

When do we start?

rookies should be included. The original debate that spawned this had no mention of rookies being in a draft to themselves. The ability to key in on an undervalued rookie is key to the early QB strategy.

ok, I'm here and good with any spot, and I am a QB early guy. All I've said is that top QBs should be valued right along with top WRs and RBs, so I make no promises of who I taken when. My whole point has been BPA, with the longevity of QBs and to a lesser extent WRs making them of equal value to RBs in a startup dynasty.When do we start?
We will start as soon as we get our last 3 guys(and the current teams check in). We will use an 8 hour clock, anyone who wont be around to make their pick can PM me a short list. We should hopefully be ready to go by tomorrow afternoon.What spot do you want?

rookies should be included. The original debate that spawned this had no mention of rookies being in a draft to themselves. The ability to key in on an undervalued rookie is key to the early QB strategy.
Like i said, i prefer this, is thats what everyone else wants, im fine with it. I was just trying to even out the playing field for those not having a top 5 pick.

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 1 pt for every yard

FG missed = -1 pt for 25-35 yards, -2 for >35

EP = 1 pnt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points
I should have probably been more specific. I was thinking for every 2 points, the team gets a pt. So, if your defense allowed 14, they would get +3, if they allowed 35, they would be -4.

Edit, everything looks good, except the field goal missed, it should be -2 > 35 yards, not 45.
So, then it's -1 pt for every missed FG 25 to 35 yards? (I changed the -2 to >45 because you posted -1 for missed FG 35 to 45 in the OP.) If I am misinterpreting things here, just clarify when you get -1 pt for a missed FG.......anything less than 36 yards?

Hey Go Deep, go ahead and move me back to the 4 spot. I want to be the QB guy, but it isn't BPA until after AD/MJD/CJ4.24 go off, realistically

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 1 pt for every yard

FG missed = -1 pt for 25-35 yards, -2 for >35

EP = 1 pnt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

So, then it's -1 pt for every missed FG 25 to 35 yards? (I changed the -2 to >45 because you posted -1 for missed FG 35 to 45 in the OP.) If I am misinterpreting things here, just clarify when you get -1 pt for a missed FG.......anything less than 36 yards?
36-45 missed FG: -1 pt.18-35 missed FG: -2 pt.

Missed field goals over 45 yards: 0

So it's all in one post.....

Serpentine drafting

20 Rounds

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 0.1 pt for every yard

EP = 1 pt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

14 week regular season

4 teams make playoffs

That should do it, unless there are any other comments to deal with. Thanks for the clarification Go deep!!!

So it's all in one post.....

Serpentine drafting

20 Rounds

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Kicker Scoring:

FG = 1 pt for every yard

EP = 1 pnt

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 4 points

Blocked Kick = 4 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

14 week regular season

4 teams make playoffs

That should do it, unless there are any other comments to deal with. Thanks for the clarification Go deep!!!
No problem, thanks for all your help!!

I'm still on board but will be gone most of the day Thursday through Saturday, work and Canada Day stuff. I'll do my best to get lists sent out. Have we decided on including rookies or not? I personally want to see them made available. If they are not, I wouldn't mind moving down to the 8 spot.

so when does this start?
You are an impatient person aren't you? Either that or your reading comprehension is pretty low. Go deep answered your same exact question not a few posts earlier with the reply that we cannot start until there are enough people. If you want to get started sooner, go find some folks to join in. We still need 3 more. Go back to the original thread and recruit some folks.Rody

J-Dawg said:
I'm still on board but will be gone most of the day Thursday through Saturday, work and Canada Day stuff. I'll do my best to get lists sent out. Have we decided on including rookies or not? I personally want to see them made available. If they are not, I wouldn't mind moving down to the 8 spot.
It appears everyone wants them included, so thats what we will do. Hopefully we can get our last couple guys together and get this thing started soon.

I am glad to join in - assumming this is a mock, not another league to manage for the next decade? What draft spots are still open?

I am not clear on finding the draft from here - will it just amount to posting picks here and keeping track of time and order for ourselves?

I am glad to join in - assumming this is a mock, not another league to manage for the next decade? What draft spots are still open?I am not clear on finding the draft from here - will it just amount to posting picks here and keeping track of time and order for ourselves?
This is just a mock, although i will load the results into a free site so we can track the results, just for fun of course. We will be drafting here on the message board with an 8 hour time limit. comments for each pick encouraged. If you wont be around for a pick, you can email or PM me a short list of players, i can make the pick for you. I will keep the draft updated in the first post. This isnt something you will have to be glued to your computer for. Just please check in every once and a while so that you can make your pick in a timely manner. We are not in a big hurry, but i would like to keep some flow to the draft.The available spots are listed in the original post, you can pick anyone you like.

J-Dawg said:
Rookies will be available, so i will leave you at 5.

I'll go 6 ior 7 - just because I don't really want to be there. :)
I gave you 7, if thats OK.The best 3 spots are still available. I bet if this was a real draft, that wouldnt be the case. :thumbup: Actually, once we get the number one spot filled, we can start the draft.

Tempted if there is still room. I wont be around this weekend though, Phillies game Sat, cookouts Sunday, womens US Open monday(practice round).

If not much is expected over the weekend, I'll take whatever is left.

Tempted if there is still room. I wont be around this weekend though, Phillies game Sat, cookouts Sunday, womens US Open monday(practice round).If not much is expected over the weekend, I'll take whatever is left.
The last spot is yours. If you wont be around this weekend, we can either use a list, or have a substitue drafter if need be. Which spot would you like to draft from?

Sholditch started us off by selecting Chris Johnson. Which i guess is no suprise. We have all 12 guys, we just need to straighten out the order. Once we have the #2 guy we can continue drafting.

I would be willing to join this if there is still a spot available. If not, good luck to everyone!

Email me at gandalas@gmail.com if you have a spot and I can join - I check that quite often, so that is the quickest method to get me.

steelcity picked MJD via PM. I do prefer people make their selctions here on the board, with comments if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread