What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty start-up mock draft (1 Viewer)

I will add the other emails tomorrow, but I took welker and ronnie brown went next, so we are at the corner.
I loaded them in on the front page. After the last pick in the 6th round, i am going to stop posting on the front page, if thats OK with everyone?
GD, It might be good to keep posting the list here until all of us can get into the MFL site. I can't, at least yet, and I imagine that no one who hasn't given Jeter23 their email can. Without access there, we can't post anything, and so still have to use this board for the time being. It helps to have this site up to date for those of us stuck still using it.Thanks to both you (DG) and Jeter - for keeping this whole show on the road, and for the transition to MFL. Once that is complete, I would think we can drop this site completely? Will there be any reason to post here after we can all post at MFL?

I will add the other emails tomorrow, but I took welker and ronnie brown went next, so we are at the corner.
I loaded them in on the front page. After the last pick in the 6th round, i am going to stop posting on the front page, if thats OK with everyone?
GD, It might be good to keep posting the list here until all of us can get into the MFL site. I can't, at least yet, and I imagine that no one who hasn't given Jeter23 their email can. Without access there, we can't post anything, and so still have to use this board for the time being. It helps to have this site up to date for those of us stuck still using it.Thanks to both you (DG) and Jeter - for keeping this whole show on the road, and for the transition to MFL. Once that is complete, I would think we can drop this site completely? Will there be any reason to post here after we can all post at MFL?
Sounds good, i will keep the site going until everyone has logged into MFL.

I am blocked from the site here at work. I am up soon, I think I set up auto pick and will get one of those, maybe both.

Will picks still be posted here?

Actually, looks as if I am up now,

6.11 Malcolm Floyd, WR, SD. Tough time making pick here, no one jumps out at me, but will take a potential "breakout" player.

If someone wants to put this into the site for me so we can move on, thats cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be fixed, let me know if you see anything else.
I'm inDon't make picks for me cause I cantfigure out mfl
You have plenty of time left on your clock (3 hours I think).At the top of the site, highlight the For Owners tab. That will bring a drop down menu. Choose Draft. That will take you to the screen to choose your player. This can be done at anytime. If it is your turn, it will make your pick. If it is not, this is how you predraft your picks. Find the player you want, choose him and hit the draft button at the bottom.

I'm in, quite like how I can swtich between this and the league I'm commishing really easily. Thanks again for setting this up.

I'm in at the site now. Thanks!

Does Solditch have access and the ability to make picks? With Ookook getting in, are we closing this site down? I am just kind of assumming that there is no reason to come back here any more?

I had a pick input somehow before I got to the site. I didn't predraft to anyone, did my timer run out between midnight and noon?

I had a pick input somehow before I got to the site. I didn't predraft to anyone, did my timer run out between midnight and noon?
I made the pick for you and realized I gave you the wrong guy. It should be correct now. Let me know if not.

The pick was changed from Hester to Johnnie Knox...is that who you wanted?
That was my mistake. Knox was on the list I had, but when I originally made the pick, I confused the Bear WRs. Since Hester was not on his list, and it was my fault, I changed it.

Why don't we just revert the last 4 picks and let him take who he wants? I just picked, but I do not mind.

It is easy to fix this mistake before it snowballs. If he sent you a PM saying not to use that list anymore, then he should not be penalized.

Why don't we just revert the last 4 picks and let him take who he wants? I just picked, but I do not mind.It is easy to fix this mistake before it snowballs. If he sent you a PM saying not to use that list anymore, then he should not be penalized.
Fine with me

Why don't we just revert the last 4 picks and let him take who he wants? I just picked, but I do not mind.It is easy to fix this mistake before it snowballs. If he sent you a PM saying not to use that list anymore, then he should not be penalized.
Fine with me
Are you the commissioner on the website? If so, do you need help with reverting the picks? I think it is pretty self-explanatory, but if you want, I can look at my league's page and find out exactly how to do it.EDIT: yeah, just log in as commissioner, then on the "for Commissioners" menu, click on "Setup". Then under "Draft Setup", click on "Revert Draft" and tell it what pick to go back to.

Seriously, if we go back now then we open the can of worms of anyone going back if they expire the timer or a similar situation. I'll live with it, I think it's better for the league. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't run out the 8 hours.

Seriously, if we go back now then we open the can of worms of anyone going back if they expire the timer or a similar situation. I'll live with it, I think it's better for the league. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't run out the 8 hours.
Fair enough...I am more than willing to trade for Knox if you do not like him at all. He was on my draft board for somewhere in the next few rounds.

Also, Mr. Peterson - you are up in the draft, if you did not know. (I see you are reading this thread.. :goodposting: )

Went to draft Knox at 8.01, but had no idea there was an adjustment made until I couldn't find Knox in the player pool....the adjustment by the commissioner didn't come through as an email........I don't usually check my email for updates because I'm at the site often enough, but it didn't alert me to the change.

I would like the discussion of picks to continue in the other thread here in the Mock Draft Forum....at least if you aren't going to do it here in this one. There isn't much room for discussion in the MFL draft thread. There is only room for a comment by the drafter........no room for actual discussion.

I will continue to post my pick comments, anyway. Feel free to join me.

Rody

I just took Kolb, and I am sure that any team that does not have a QB yet is screaming at me... :wall:

Anyway, I think he can step right in and be a top-10 QB right away, and Brady is getting up there in age, and misses games every so often.

My WRs are somewhat short, only having 2, but I feel that having 2 of the top-8 players there balances out my lack of depth thus far. And there are still quite a few options still out there as well.

I just took Kolb, and I am sure that any team that does not have a QB yet is screaming at me... :lmao:Anyway, I think he can step right in and be a top-10 QB right away, and Brady is getting up there in age, and misses games every so often.My WRs are somewhat short, only having 2, but I feel that having 2 of the top-8 players there balances out my lack of depth thus far. And there are still quite a few options still out there as well.
Yeah, I purposely waited to get a QB because I knew there were going to be good QB's this late. I took Eli a couple picks before you and I think he is a solid top 10 guy with higher upside. I knew around this area I was going to be targetting guys like Ryan, Eli, Flacco and Kolb. I just happen to like ELi the most out of that group and I'm glad I got him.

Feeling a bit happier about my team now but last few picks were a bit risky. We could use the MFL messageboard to discuss draft picks if you want, or this thread, really don't mind. Who's up now?

This past round is why i would never take a QB in the first round. The guys who took QB's in the first round didnt end up with very good RB's. Yet, QB's like Ryan, EManning and Cutler just went while the QB in the first guys are reaching for RB's who will likely never be startable in FF.

It's not like Ryan has ever performed as a QB1 anyway...Manning I think is drastically undervalued and had him queued up. Especially from a dynasty perspective.

We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :hophead:

It's not like Ryan has ever performed as a QB1 anyway...Manning I think is drastically undervalued and had him queued up. Especially from a dynasty perspective.We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :goodposting:
I'd agree, I'm quite happy starting turner and benson as my 2rbs with addai as a flex next year.

It's not like Ryan has ever performed as a QB1 anyway...Manning I think is drastically undervalued and had him queued up. Especially from a dynasty perspective.

We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :thumbup:
Neither did Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, etc, in their first two seasons. However, how many RB's that end up being #1's dont establish it in their first two seasons? Sure, you get the occasional Ryan Grants, but even if one does come around, he is still not easy to get. You still have 11 other people trying for him as well.

Matt Ryan finished as the 16th best FF QB his rookie year, and 19th last year while missing two games. That may not be #1 numbers, but how many QB's peak in their first two years?

Lets put it this way, its alot more likely that Matt Ryan puts up Aaron Rodgers numbers than Arian Foster has of putting up Chris Johnson numbers.

Obviously we do not agree, and thats why we are here, to settle this once and for all. Good luck......(you will need it)

It's not like Ryan has ever performed as a QB1 anyway...Manning I think is drastically undervalued and had him queued up. Especially from a dynasty perspective.We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :)
I'd agree, I'm quite happy starting turner and benson as my 2rbs with addai as a flex next year.
Thats not a bad trio for 2010, but you are up a creek after that.

We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :)
Neither did Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, etc, in their first two seasons. However, how many RB's that end up being #1's dont establish it in their first two seasons? Sure, you get the occasional Ryan Grants, but even if one does come around, he is still not easy to get. You still have 11 other people trying for him as well.

Matt Ryan finished as the 16th best FF QB his rookie year, and 19th last year while missing two games. That may not be #1 numbers, but how many QB's peak in their first two years?

Lets put it this way, its alot more likely that Matt Ryan puts up Aaron Rodgers numbers than Arian Foster has of putting up Chris Johnson numbers.

Obviously we do not agree, and thats why we are here, to settle this once and for all. Good luck......(you will need it)
No QB who played two "full" seasons (14+ games) without a top-10 finish ever went on to finish in the top 10 at any point during the entire last decade. Remember- a top-10 finish isn't particularly impressive when you play a full 16 games. In any given season, you might only have 20 QBs play 14+ games (this year, only 23 QBs managed the feat), so a top 10 finish is merely "top 50%".I'm going to link you to a whole study about it also... http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=522475&hl=

We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :shrug:

No QB who played two "full" seasons (14+ games) without a top-10 finish ever went on to finish in the top 10 at any point during the entire last decade. Remember- a top-10 finish isn't particularly impressive when you play a full 16 games. In any given season, you might only have 20 QBs play 14+ games (this year, only 23 QBs managed the feat), so a top 10 finish is merely "top 50%".I'm going to link you to a whole study about it also... http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=522475&hl=
I dont need to click the link to know this is not true. Drew Brees and Big Ben both did it.

It's not like Ryan has ever performed as a QB1 anyway...Manning I think is drastically undervalued and had him queued up. Especially from a dynasty perspective.We only start 2 RBs, and you can get new ones every year with guys like Jerome Harrison and Ryan Grant. It's relatively easy to get a RB2...it's difficult to get a top 3 QB :)
Thats not a bad trio for 2010, but you are up a creek after that.
:rolleyes: :cry:

In Drew Brees second season starting 14+ games, he was top 10.

In Big Ben's 2nd season starting 14+ games, he also was top 10.

Neither had 2 seasons of at least 14 games as a starter before they were top 10. Go look it up.

In Drew Brees second season starting 14+ games, he was top 10.

In Big Ben's 2nd season starting 14+ games, he also was top 10.

Neither had 2 seasons of at least 14 games as a starter before they were top 10. Go look it up.
Roethlisberger didnt:http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/RoetBe00-2.php

Brees finished 9th in his 4th season, but it was his 2nd season with 14+ games. So i guess according to FBG scoring he does qualify.

Either way, that statistic means nothing. None of FBG's top 12 QB's posted a top 10 finish in either of their first two NFL seasons, other than guys with the last name Manning.

In other words, only two of FBG's top 12 dynasty QB's ever posted a top 10 season in either of the first two seasons. So we have basically established that Flacco and Ryan are not sons of a man name Archie.

Aaron Rodgers was top 10 his first season of 14+ games. Isn't he top 10? You can disagree with it, but it's a true statement. Not about "first two seasons" but rather first two seasons of 14+ games.

ETA: In neither of Roth's first two seasons did he start 14+ games. He started 13, and 12, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread