What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FPC Friday, August, 6th, 2010 10 pm Draft; "Live On Air Broadcast (1 Viewer)

Alex - FFPC

Footballguy
1. Ed Nolan - Gridiron Irishman

2. Darren Armani – FantasyMojo.com

3. Ormond Rose – Kotrax

4. Henry Muto - Chimeras

5. Vince Barkman - Greenwood Invincibles

6. John Duckworth – War Kittens

7. Lou Tranquilli – BFDFantasy.com

8. Mark Manzo - Olympic Drinking Team 3

9. Wayne Ellis – Coltsfan

10. Lenny Pappano – Draftsharks.com

11. Scott Atkins and Perry Van Hook – Hook’s Legacy

12. Ollie Radakovitz - Army of Darkness

:excited:

This FPC draft will be broadcasted "LIVE On Air" by Scott Atkins on the Red vs Blue Blog Talk Radio program.

Very good group of experienced drafters here.

The broadcast should be good for not only laughs as Scott and his radio partner add their commentary, BUT for anyone doing drafts later you will want to copy out the draft to see what Lenny or Lou or others did when faced with choices you might see in your drafts. THIS is what I call useful ADP as opposed to the crap you normally see published.

Well, I guess that makes me the wildcard seeing as how this is my first high stakes league, haha. Nothing like jumping right into the fire.

Alex looks like most of the people in this league don't know about this Forum - please email the league and see if we can get some contributions.....

Greenie - study hard, enjoy the draft and hopefully you bought a three-pack because this draft will be laughs but not fun

Captain Hook said:
Alex looks like most of the people in this league don't know about this Forum - please email the league and see if we can get some contributions.....Greenie - study hard, enjoy the draft and hopefully you bought a three-pack because this draft will be laughs but not fun
Will do!

Very good group of experienced drafters here.The broadcast should be good for not only laughs as Scott and his radio partner add their commentary, BUT for anyone doing drafts later you will want to copy out the draft to see what Lenny or Lou or others did when faced with choices you might see in your drafts. THIS is what I call useful ADP as opposed to the crap you normally see published.
I'm looking forward to this one. John

Very good group of experienced drafters here.The broadcast should be good for not only laughs as Scott and his radio partner add their commentary, BUT for anyone doing drafts later you will want to copy out the draft to see what Lenny or Lou or others did when faced with choices you might see in your drafts. THIS is what I call useful ADP as opposed to the crap you normally see published.
Ditto

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Hook said:
Alex looks like most of the people in this league don't know about this Forum - please email the league and see if we can get some contributions.....Greenie - study hard, enjoy the draft and hopefully you bought a three-pack because this draft will be laughs but not fun
Nah, didn't buy a three pack, but hey if nothing else, it's a learning experience. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Captain Hook said:
Nah, didn't buy a three pack, but hey if nothing else, it's a learning experience. We'll see how it all shakes out.
The good news is A)you can always add two more teams for $650 and B)since this draft is early, there are still about 30 days left to draft additional FPC teams. :(

Captain Hook said:
The good news is A)you can always add two more teams for $650 and B)since this draft is early, there are still about 30 days left to draft additional FPC teams. :lmao:
LOL! Thanks for the pep talk, Alex. Might be exactly what I do if I end up sucking in this draft. haha

The Green Machine said:
Captain Hook said:
OTOH perhaps all the "experts" will trip on themselves and leave you a lot of great picks you were hoping to draft.....(okay probably not, back to plan B)

The Green Machine said:
Captain Hook said:
OTOH perhaps all the "experts" will trip on themselves and leave you a lot of great picks you were hoping to draft.....(okay probably not, back to plan B)
Nah, not expecting any gimmes. All I can control is my own draft, so plan A is to just take the best possible players and sleepers that are available. I might get beat, but don't plan on going down without a fight! :thumbdown:

Nah, not expecting any gimmes. All I can control is my own draft, so plan A is to just take the best possible players and sleepers that are available. I might get beat, but don't plan on going down without a fight! :rolleyes:
Vince, so we count on you to draft Nicks in the 3rd?

Nah, not expecting any gimmes. All I can control is my own draft, so plan A is to just take the best possible players and sleepers that are available. I might get beat, but don't plan on going down without a fight! :lmao:
Vince, so we count on you to draft Nicks in the 3rd?
My draft will look something like this...1st round - Eli Manning2nd round - Steve Smith3rd round - Hakeem Nicks4th round - Brandon Jacobs5th round - Ahmad BradshawEtc...I should win hands down! haha

Ditto
Herny,If you thoght the FFPC dynasty was tuff, wait until this crew gets ahold of you. Just be very glad you didn't end up in the bottom half of this draft with Lou, Olie, Scott & Perry, Wayne and Lenny.

OK now that we have a month to look see how things have gone since then I am feeling better about my draft despite how much crap I had to take from everyone over my Rogers pick. If I had to do all over again I would have taken someone else but I don't get a redo and despite the team I took I feel pretty good about it when I compare to Hook's team who said I basically have no chance to win this league.

Let me look at Hook's team and how his players are being drafted today in some of the drafts I have done the last few nights in this same format.

1st R-White usually never goes in round 1 but that pick is fine if your that high on him (he did fall to round 3 somehow in 1 of my drafts)

2nd-Jennings usually never goes in the top 14 picks but still a solid pick (he went late round 2 and early to mid round 3 in all my drafts in the last 3 days)

3rd-Greene - I remember hearing them celebrate like they won the superbowl when they got Greene in the 3rd round but things have changed since that draft he almost always lands in the mid to late 4th round (I took him at pick 46 one draft and he went pick 48 in another)

4th-Wells - Again things change fast as I got Wells in the 7th round in 1 draft and now he usually goes in the late 5th to 6th somewhere.

5th-Winslow - TE's are different animals in these drafts I have seen Winslow go anywhere from the 5th to the 8th round depending on how fast TE's go. (I got him in the late 6th round of 1 of my drafts)

6th-Garcon (he usually goes in the 6th-7th)

7th-Cutler (again another person that caused a big celebration on the radio when he was taken) Many have cooled on Cutler after he has been getting drilled in the preason taking sack after sack. (He went in the 9th round of my last draft)

8th-M-Bush (injury has taken him down to round 10)

9th-Arom (about where he goes)

10th-Meachem (good value here he goes between the 8th-10 usually)

11th-20th does not appear to be any exceptional value picks in there compared to where people are going now

Now let me check my team and how they are going now just to be fair

1st-Drew (Still going in the top 6 but knee concerns have kept people from taking him in the top 4)

What kills me about this pick is I let the radio show influence my pick I was hoping for Ray Rice at 4 then when AJ was picked 3rd I kept hearing about how Drew scores all the TD's while Rice has a vulture taking his and made a mistake taking Drew over Rice.

2nd-Rodgers (I would not take him here at this spot again 21 but let us compare where he has gone my last few drafts 14, 6, 10, 12, 18)

So did I really make as terrible a pick as everyone says ? I got him later then any other draft I did in the last week.

3rd-D-Williams (another player I would not pick now in a redo) 3rd round is right for him but I don't like 2 RB's in the 1st 3 rounds.

4th-Crabtree (I got him at 46 and looks like a slight reach here as he has gone 47, 49, 47, 56, 52 in my other drafts)

5th-Stewart (5th-6th is where he is going now)

6th-Harvin (probably got a value on him now that Rice is hurt he goes around the 6th still though)

7th-H-Miller (he goes from 6th-8th depending on TE craze each draft)

8th-Spiller (This is the 1 pick I hit the jackpot on with Fred Jackson getting hurt he now goes in the 5th round)

9th-Mason (Looks like a bad pick with Housh now on board)

10th-S-Holmes (about where he goes but I am not thrilled with the pick)

11th-20th does not appear to be any exceptional value picks in there compared to where people are going now

For fun let me run down War Kittens

1st-Rice (6th pick overall - fantastic steal not sure how he got past team 5 and I still kick myself for not taking him at 4)

2nd-Turner (he goes in the 1st sometimes great value though I don't love him in PPR I have yet to take him)

3rd-V-Davis (right where he usually goes round 3)

4th-Des-Jackson (A flat out steal he goes in the 3rd usually)

5th-Schaub (he goes between the 5th-6th I actually took him in the 5th in 1 draft and I passed on him in the late 6th in another depends on if u want a stud QB or not)

6th-Knox (he was flying up the draft board but has since cooled off and this is about right for him though he did fall to the 7th tonight)

7th-M-Barber (7th round is right where he goes)

8th-Portis (7th-8th is where he goes)

9th-Gaffney (about where he goes)

10th-McNabb (a little early for McNabb)

Well that was fun to do the breakdown on these 3 teams.

Time to see what happens starting in a few days.

Let me look at Hook's team and how his players are being drafted today in some of the drafts I have done the last few nights in this same format.1st R-White usually never goes in round 1 but that pick is fine if your that high on him (he did fall to round 3 somehow in 1 of my drafts)2nd-Jennings usually never goes in the top 14 picks but still a solid pick (he went late round 2 and early to mid round 3 in all my drafts in the last 3 days)3rd-Greene - I remember hearing them celebrate like they won the superbowl when they got Greene in the 3rd round but things have changed since that draft he almost always lands in the mid to late 4th round (I took him at pick 46 one draft and he went pick 48 in another)4th-Wells - Again things change fast as I got Wells in the 7th round in 1 draft and now he usually goes in the late 5th to 6th somewhere.5th-Winslow - TE's are different animals in these drafts I have seen Winslow go anywhere from the 5th to the 8th round depending on how fast TE's go. (I got him in the late 6th round of 1 of my drafts)6th-Garcon (he usually goes in the 6th-7th)7th-Cutler (again another person that caused a big celebration on the radio when he was taken) Many have cooled on Cutler after he has been getting drilled in the preason taking sack after sack. (He went in the 9th round of my last draft)8th-M-Bush (injury has taken him down to round 10)9th-Arom (about where he goes)10th-Meachem (good value here he goes between the 8th-10 usually)11th-20th does not appear to be any exceptional value picks in there compared to where people are going now
Seeing this makes me feel a lot better about my FPC team.

To be fair my team sucked horribly this week and Hooks did pretty well. (131 pts)

I scored an amazing 66 pts going into the final Monday night game.

It is only 1 week but Harvin, Crabtree, Spiller, Stewart and D-Williams all sucked this week.

Stewart looks like a terrible 5th round pick as he will only have value if D-Will gets hurt or they play a weak DF.

We will see what week 2 brings.

To be fair my team sucked horribly this week and Hooks did pretty well. (131 pts)I scored an amazing 66 pts going into the final Monday night game.It is only 1 week but Harvin, Crabtree, Spiller, Stewart and D-Williams all sucked this week.Stewart looks like a terrible 5th round pick as he will only have value if D-Will gets hurt or they play a weak DF.We will see what week 2 brings.
Well, I didn't like my score, but I guess I'll take the win. Still, probably going to need to make up ground all year to make up for this week.

After 2 weeks it is clear my team blows. Hey I have no problem admitting it. This draft was done way before I did any prep work. I always take a week of vacation to prepare for my 25 leagues I join and do some serious prep work on my rankings, tiers, strategies, ect.

I did 7 FFPC teams for this contest and 4 of my other 6 teams are doing great. Looks like I will be 4-0 in 4 of the other 6 leagues after this week.

A lot of people debated the QB in the 2nd round as my downfall but I don't think it was.

I took 3 RB's in the top 5 rounds and that is the let down. Drew has sucked. He was supposed to be a stud RB and he has been terrible. Strike 1.

D-Williams in round 3 was supposed to be a steal. He has sucked as well. Strike 2.

Me picking Stewart in round 5 was supposed to be a steal. He never gets any touches. Horrible pick by me. Strike 3 and I am out.

So as much as I would love to blame it on taking a QB early (something I did not do in any of my other 6 drafts as the 5th round was the highest I went) I will blame it on my inability to take good RB's.

Also my WR's have sucked so far Harvin and Crabtree. If you go with youth sometimes you get the lion and sometimes the lion gets you.

If you took Foster or Best then you get the Lion but in my case the Lion is having me for dinner.

After 2 weeks it is clear my team blows. Hey I have no problem admitting it. This draft was done way before I did any prep work. I always take a week of vacation to prepare for my 25 leagues I join and do some serious prep work on my rankings, tiers, strategies, ect.

I did 7 FFPC teams for this contest and 4 of my other 6 teams are doing great. Looks like I will be 4-0 in 4 of the other 6 leagues after this week.

A lot of people debated the QB in the 2nd round as my downfall but I don't think it was.

I took 3 RB's in the top 5 rounds and that is the let down. Drew has sucked. He was supposed to be a stud RB and he has been terrible. Strike 1.

D-Williams in round 3 was supposed to be a steal. He has sucked as well. Strike 2.

Me picking Stewart in round 5 was supposed to be a steal. He never gets any touches. Horrible pick by me. Strike 3 and I am out.

So as much as I would love to blame it on taking a QB early (something I did not do in any of my other 6 drafts as the 5th round was the highest I went) I will blame it on my inability to take good RB's.

Also my WR's have sucked so far Harvin and Crabtree. If you go with youth sometimes you get the lion and sometimes the lion gets you.

If you took Foster or Best then you get the Lion but in my case the Lion is having me for dinner.
Now that's some funny $h!t.

This thread has been pretty quite and seeing as how I'm about to lock up the #1 seed in this league, I feel the need to talk some ####. :stalker:

In all seriousness, though, a VERY tough league and I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Hoping I can score well enough next week to take the points title as well.

Hopefully Azurri, DraftSharks and Money Inc get nothing tonight to improve my chances!

This thread has been pretty quiet and seeing as how I'm about to lock up the #1 seed in this league, I feel the need to talk some ####. :stalker:In all seriousness, though, a VERY tough league and I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Hoping I can score well enough next week to take the points title as well.Hopefully Azurri, DraftSharks and Money Inc get nothing tonight to improve my chances!

This thread has been pretty quiet and seeing as how I'm about to lock up the #1 seed in this league, I feel the need to talk some ####. :DIn all seriousness, though, a VERY tough league and I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Hoping I can score well enough next week to take the points title as well.Hopefully Azurri, DraftSharks and Money Inc get nothing tonight to improve my chances!
Vince, GREAT job man. To lead the league in wins and doing as well as you are in points, against this group is a tremendous accomplishment. I'd love to get you on the show next week and we'll chat about this team. Again, job well done. Bowe, Gore, Charles, Eli, Best and the phenom that is.. Steve Johnson. Kudos!

This thread has been pretty quiet and seeing as how I'm about to lock up the #1 seed in this league, I feel the need to talk some ####. :thumbup:In all seriousness, though, a VERY tough league and I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Hoping I can score well enough next week to take the points title as well.Hopefully Azurri, DraftSharks and Money Inc get nothing tonight to improve my chances!
Vince, GREAT job man. To lead the league in wins and doing as well as you are in points, against this group is a tremendous accomplishment. I'd love to get you on the show next week and we'll chat about this team. Again, job well done. Bowe, Gore, Charles, Eli, Best and the phenom that is.. Steve Johnson. Kudos!
Sounds good, Scott! Would love to.

This thread has been pretty quiet and seeing as how I'm about to lock up the #1 seed in this league, I feel the need to talk some ####. :lmao:

In all seriousness, though, a VERY tough league and I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Hoping I can score well enough next week to take the points title as well.

Hopefully Azurri, DraftSharks and Money Inc get nothing tonight to improve my chances!
Sounds good, Scott! Would love to.
Vince will be on the show tonight. He's having a great year, let's see if he can finish it off!http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue/201...-w-scott-atkins

Users who are viewing this thread