What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (5 Viewers)

For those of you that had a deal and they it got completely hosed up I urge you to file a complaint with the BBB. I had to do it a couple of years.I received a phone call from the ATT Office of the President was able to get my deal back and then some. 

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started 
We have been turned off since Friday or Saturday morning. After numerous hours of BS followed advice from this thread and filed complaints with AT&T and BBB. Just missed a call from my case manager with AT&T Office of the President regarding this matter. What kind of deal did you end up getting as I'm going to be calling her back to see what they offer and wanted to compare....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dump their pathetic a ss. I dumped them back in August and I've still managed to get all the NFL games Red Zone included.
Yeah...Ive managed without the ticket this year (and still on DTV).

NFL Gamepass for $100   Yes it sucks sometimes not checking scores from 12-3...but often we have been busy around that time anyway.  About 10 after 3 I pull up the app on my apple TV and watch the game I want.  If Im busy longer and wait til around 4:30-5...I watch the condensed game in 45 minutes.

Yeah...Ive managed without the ticket this year (and still on DTV).

NFL Gamepass for $100   Yes it sucks sometimes not checking scores from 12-3...but often we have been busy around that time anyway.  About 10 after 3 I pull up the app on my apple TV and watch the game I want.  If Im busy longer and wait til around 4:30-5...I watch the condensed game in 45 minutes.
No need to wait if you don't want to. I've been able to stream any game and red zone channel in real time in excellent quality.

Called the AT&T Rewards line on Monday to check on this. Waited over an hour on hold. Got halfway through the tracking process and was asked for my 4-digit PIN. I told him I'd never been asked for a PIN before on any of my contacts with DTV and didn't think I had one. He says "Well, this is AT&T now and you need to give me your PIN or I can't help you." I tried the 3 PINS I normally use for such things (thinking maybe I forgot doing it) and none worked, resulting in my account being locked. He told me I'd have to go through customer service to reset the PIN because he couldn't do that. Called customer service--another 20 minutes on hold and 20 minutes to reset. Customer service woman says she'll check on my card and reports that although she can see it listed in my incentive list, she can't see it actually being rewarded, so I need to go back to AT&T Rewards. I tell her that the DTV rep told me on 9/6 that it had been mailed on 9/3 and she says "I can't see that it was mailed.  Call AT&T Rewards."   Call ATT&T Rewards again yesterday. Another hour + on hold. This time I have the PIN which I got on Monday. Rewards woman says "I don't see a rewards card in your account. How much was it supposed to be?" I tell her $200 and again explain what I was told on 9/6.  She says, "well, it wasn't sent. I'll get it moving now and you should receive it in 3-4 weeks." 

Amazing customer service.
FINALLY got my gc in the mail today.

As a Directv subscriber, can I use Chromecast to stream games from a tablet to my TV when out of town or does it recognize my ISP isn't from my home? Thinking MSG and SNY for Rangers and Mets.

Have my cancellation set up for next weekend.   I missed a call from DTV yesterday which I am sure included deals to stay.

Is there a number I should call back or do I just wait for them to call again hopefully?

As a Directv subscriber, can I use Chromecast to stream games from a tablet to my TV when out of town or does it recognize my ISP isn't from my home? Thinking MSG and SNY for Rangers and Mets.
I think they will have location services turned on.  Not 100% sure, but thats how sunday ticket was.

We have been turned off since Friday or Saturday morning. After numerous hours of BS followed advice from this thread and filed complaints with AT&T and BBB. Just missed a call from my case manager with AT&T Office of the President regarding this matter. What kind of deal did you end up getting as I'm going to be calling her back to see what they offer and wanted to compare....
What address do you use for the BBB complaint?  El Segundo?

I submitted mine to Illinois based on their mailing address and BBB transferred it to Atlanta.
Mine was transferred to Atlanta as well.

My main complaint is the promised made in their Winback program.  The Rewards Card mailing never arrived, called them to confirm and they said they would mail it directly to me and to check the rewards status website for updates.  I go to the website and get the  "Sorry" message.  Honestly, it's not about the money at this point, it';s about the principle of the deal being broken.  Pisses me off.  Once the  NFL season is done, I will use the Rewards Card to pay my ETF and never go back to them.  Just not worth it....

Mine was transferred to Atlanta as well.

My main complaint is the promised made in their Winback program.  The Rewards Card mailing never arrived, called them to confirm and they said they would mail it directly to me and to check the rewards status website for updates.  I go to the website and get the  "Sorry" message.  Honestly, it's not about the money at this point, it';s about the principle of the deal being broken.  Pisses me off.  Once the  NFL season is done, I will use the Rewards Card to pay my ETF and never go back to them.  Just not worth it....
The "Office of the President" attempted to call me but I let it go to voicemail as I really wasn't in the mood to deal with their ####. I could barely understand the woman who left a voicemail. Since I also got an email, I replied to that stating I'd prefer that all contact be in writing to avoid any further misunderstandings. This morning I received a reply stating that she had taken care of my billing issues/missing credits. I checked my account and see that she actually did as she said. So the BBB route works but you're right, it definitely isn't worth the time and effort.

Found out my DirecTV/ATT internet bill was $145 a month.  Two boxes.  I have the basic sports package is all, no NFL ticket, just cancelled HBO which I never watch to drop the price to $120.  I think I'm done with them.

This forum has been a godsend!  I couldnt find anything on the internet regarding DirecTV and stumbled on yall finally.  Was at 145 a month w 4 tvs and internet, 10+ yr customer.  Couldnt get "regular" customer service to go down any further.  Scheduled a cancelation date 2 weeks out.  Called the winback number 24 hrs after, got my bill down to $90 a month, free movie channels and a $200 gift card.  Had to commit for 12 months but I have no issues doing that with this price.  Just wanted to thank the board and pass on my knowledge.

Could have predicted this when att took over.   

If they behave like att you actually need to cancel and get your wife or dog to sign up for the next go round.  

Or just be happy with OTA and streaming.   

Cancelling today after 20 years of playing the game. I know it doesn't seem possible, but their customer service is decidedly worse since ATT took over.

All my yearly discounts end today. So I call thinking I'm tired of the game and probably just going to cancel. But I can't cancel. They say my phone number that I'm giving them is wrong. And my password is wrong. I've used both for 20 years. So I get a supervisor on the phone and he says nothing they can do. Can't cancel my service. In order to cancel, I now have to go into an ATT retail store.

So I'm done. If I don't get arrested later this morning, it will be a miracle.

I don’t want to get into all the details of the calls and time on hold but it was much worse than prior years. Suffice to say once you’ve gotten disconnected and use the WINBACK word, only the Winback Dept. 888-333-0804 can help you, which is great because they answer faster. Other depts say they can help, and you’ve reached the right VIP Dept. but it turns out they can’t.

Ultimate Pkg with 2 TVs 

ST Max Free

HBO Showtime Starz Cinemax 3 months free

$300 Visa gift card. Had to ask to up it from $200. Said he’s never given $300 before.

$50 off per month. They would not go to $60 off. First year I didn’t get at least $60 off.

Bill now $94.12. 

*Need to call to cancel movie channels and ST Max.
Thanks for this post and the winback number.

Disconnected yesterday.

Mine was close to this.  You did better, but Ill take it being I had to only call in two times and it was painless so far. Half hour on the phone, mosty me just sitting there waiting.

Ultimate Pkg with 3 TVs 

ST Max Free

Sports package for a year (no clue why she was so insistent I get this, I didn't even want it)

HBO Showtime Starz Cinemax 3 months free

$200 Visa gift card

$50 off per month.

$105.11/Month

What address do you use for the BBB complaint?  El Segundo?
Yes, that's the one I used and then the complaint got transferred to the Atlanta office as happened with some others here. It was a bit of a pain but worked out in the end. I did end up speaking with someone from AT&T Office of the President who responded to the BBB complaint. Got the $300 gift card, ST Max, movie channels and about a $30/mo off discount for 12 months.  Monthly bill for Choice with 3 receivers approx. $91/month before tax which still wasnt as low as I wanted to be so she eventually caved and gave me an instant $300 credit to help with that.

BeTheMatch said:
Cancelling today after 20 years of playing the game. I know it doesn't seem possible, but their customer service is decidedly worse since ATT took over.

All my yearly discounts end today. So I call thinking I'm tired of the game and probably just going to cancel. But I can't cancel. They say my phone number that I'm giving them is wrong. And my password is wrong. I've used both for 20 years. So I get a supervisor on the phone and he says nothing they can do. Can't cancel my service. In order to cancel, I now have to go into an ATT retail store.

So I'm done. If I don't get arrested later this morning, it will be a miracle.
Updating... retail ATT stores cannot cancel a customer's account for them. Of course not.

Got my Winback deal on 9/6.  $200 Gift Card did not show up.  Fortunately got a couple of good CSRs that were willing to help me out instead of brushing me off and after checking online today the gift card has been processed with a scheduled delivery date of 10/27.

Was anyone able to get Redzone added as a stand alone channel? I had it 2 years ago, but they couldn’t figure out how to offer it this year. 

I KNEW IT! 🤬

Finally got my reward email and the gift card is only $100 instead of $300. 

Also my bill is $10 higher than promised. Why can’t the CSR just enter into the system what was promised? So pissed that I need to call again. Again. 

Sounds like cancelling AOL back in the day. I'm not shocked they would make it impossible.
One last update: I called on the last day of my billing cycle to cancel. They said it was immediate, and that I'd get the box to ship back receiver in a few days.

So, of course, receiver doesn't get deactivated and no box arrives in the mail within a few days. So I call them back. Oh, well, you were already into your next billing cycle, so you don't actually get cancelled for another 30 days. And, meanwhile, you owe us (full price) for another month.

Lots of screaming and yelling there before finally getting them to turn it off and credit back my account so that my balance was zero.

Never been so happy to be done with a company in my life.

Going with You Tube TV for now (along with Netflix and Prime, which we already had).

I'm not racist but damn it would be nice to speak with someone where I don't have to say "WHAT" ever 18 seconds.   I always thought communication was the key.   apparently not.

So I decided to check on the status of my gift card and it says reward disqualified on 10/18.

Seriously?

Called the number and have been holding for about 40 minutes already without even speaking to anyone.

*Sigh*

How are they still in business?

Only took an hour for someone to answer. Very pleasant person. Didn't know why the status changed. Sometimes it happens because people don't claim but i did. Removed disqualified status and said it may take a couple days to show on tracker. I looked and it showed immediately, back to a claimed status. Said will take a couple of weeks to arrive but probably sooner. We shall see.

So I decided to check on the status of my gift card and it says reward disqualified on 10/18.

Seriously?

Called the number and have been holding for about 40 minutes already without even speaking to anyone.

*Sigh*

Because people continue to send them their money each month even though the company and their customer service are horrendous?  :shrug:

Of course, I don't care about the Sunday Ticket, so it was a no-brainer for me.  Loving life with PS Vue and NHLtv over here. 

Seriously?

*Sigh*

Only took an hour for someone to answer. Very pleasant person. Didn't know why the status changed. Sometimes it happens because people don't claim but i did. Removed disqualified status and said it may take a couple days to show on tracker. I looked and it showed immediately, back to a claimed status. Said will take a couple of weeks to arrive but probably sooner. We shall see.

Yeah, I had to call about my gift card too.  Apparently they sent me something in via snail mail stating I had to go to the AT&T "Rewards Center" to enter my account number and zip code before they'd send me the card.  Took a few seconds, done, and now my card is on its way... supposedly.  

Why I had to go through this I'm not sure.  Probably how they get out of actually sending the cards out.  People forget, don't know there's this extra step, and they've saved themselves $200 or whatever.

Lame-o.

Yeah, I had to call about my gift card too.  Apparently they sent me something in via snail mail stating I had to go to the AT&T "Rewards Center" to enter my account number and zip code before they'd send me the card.  Took a few seconds, done, and now my card is on its way... supposedly.  

Why I had to go through this I'm not sure.  Probably how they get out of actually sending the cards out.  People forget, don't know there's this extra step, and they've saved themselves $200 or whatever.

Lame-o.
They emailed me to go to the rewards center. No snail mail.

Lame-o.

What is the website for this? Going through something similar.

Yeah they said they emailed me too.  Didn't get that either.  I have a feeling they try and skirt their way out of stuff.  I didn't have to do this last time.  Then again, AT&T didn't have its grubby hands all up into DirecTV as much 2 years ago.  

No call day after canceling. Cutoff is Saturday. 
Call their retention department.  The number is probably somewhere in this thread.  Tell them you got a voicemail from them.  Whoever answers will have no clue one way or the other.  They will give you an offer.  At least that's been my experience. 

They called my bluff (or I called theirs?).  Cancellation date came without any offers from them so I followed through with my cancellation and returned all my equipment.

Loving YoutubeTv.  Only negs are no Comedy Central and HBO but there's other ways to get that.  Same with NFL games.  And for the money I'm saving compared to their "retail" rates?  No brainer.  Good riddance, DirecTV.  

By the way, YoutubeTV ACTUALLY works on mobile and I can see my DVR away from home, so that's a nice bonus.

nirad3 said:
Call their retention department.  The number is probably somewhere in this thread.  Tell them you got a voicemail from them.  Whoever answers will have no clue one way or the other.  They will give you an offer.  At least that's been my experience. 
Scheduled to be cut off today sometime. I'll call the number tomorrow to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread