What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (3 Viewers)

Cancel and call the 870 number that next evening or the day after. Say you had a missed call about a winback offer. They should offer you a nice deal. Should be better than whatever they offer predisconnect.
Will the charge for termination of my contract matter if I do that? Or will they waive that to try and keep me?

called normal number said cancel.. He said let me know if anything could keep you.. I said what are yo offering.  He said $60 off 12 months and Sunday Ticket for free.. No Sunday Ticket Max tho.  I'll pay the $99 or so after the 1st week preview

Call was literally done after 7 minutes.. Talked to the guy for maybe 3 total.

Ill take it
Yeah, that's great.  My offer was $60 off for 12 months.  But they also honored an existing $50 off a month for 12 months that I had from last year negotiated for months 13-24.  $110 off a month for 12 months.  I'll pay for the ST, I don't care, it's still a good deal.

if you just want the $60 off deal, you don't even have to go with the cancel route.  Just call and say you want to lower your bill and are wondering what promotions are currently running.
Agreed.  I went the cancellation route last year.  It's not a big deal, really.  But I did have to make several calls because the reconnect didn't work, we were without tv for a short period, etc.  Didn't want to deal with the hassle this year.

Cancel and call the 870 number that next evening or the day after. Say you had a missed call about a winback offer. They should offer you a nice deal. Should be better than whatever they offer predisconnect.
I would agree with this.  Once you're no longer a customer, they want to do everything to get you back.  My deal last year was a little better than this year but that's ok.

The irony of the this whole charade is that I really don't have time to watch football anymore and when I tell the customer service rep that, it's the honest truth.  But I like having the Ticket, just don't want to pay for it.  It's a matter of principle at this point not to have to pay for it any year.

Has anyone else had their full DVR list not show up for all programs? On my main DVR I have to toggle to the type like tv shows.
That happened to us.  All we had was current listings and then nothing at all.  I called tech support and got a recording saying they wee working on updates.  Today, all seems to be updated, including the look of the guide.

Has anyone else had their full DVR list not show up for all programs? On my main DVR I have to toggle to the type like tv shows.

That happened to us.  All we had was current listings and then nothing at all.  I called tech support and got a recording saying they wee working on updates.  Today, all seems to be updated, including the look of the guide.
I asked specifically about this when getting my new deal, because I thought she would send me new equipment.  She did say it is a known problem and that they were working on an update which would be pushed to your receivers automatically.  Haven't watched tv today so haven't noticed if it worked, but it sounds like it has.  The strange thing was that the recorded shows were available on our other whole home receivers (not the one with the dvr), but on the main tv, they were all gone.

I clarified as well that I wasn't in a contract, so I can cancel anytime and really don't need to wait the full year if I so chose.

I'm going to guess that 90% of people just pay the Sunday ticket price.  Heck, I did for all those years before I knew the game.  I think that first year I honestly just called to tell them I wanted to cancel because I didn't like the price and then they ended up giving it to me for free.  What, I said?  LOL, look what they created...

I just called them. They offered me $60 off my bill. No free Sunday ticket or gift cards like you guys say your getting. My bill is $173 and the lady said it’s going to be $146 after the discount. I told her I did not get her math and I wanted to go ahead and cancel. I think she kept getting confused on the new amount I’d owe because I have mlb extra innings on there but I paid it all at one time instead of over a few months...

Anyway I just said go ahead with the shut off and I scheduled it for Tuesday. She said also I’d owe $240 because I’m under contract and have a year left. It’s for upgraded equipment. 

I need advice. I don’t really want it to shut off. Will they be calling me before then? I’m a customer since 2001 (not quite 20 years). If they call do I hold out for a real good offer and if not getting what you guys are really shut it off? Do I call the other 870 number in the thread if they don’t call before the shut off?

Feels like a game of chicken. Surely they would want to keep me. I’m not very good at this game though I don’t think. 
Did you talk to them today? I assume they never actually charged you the $240? Under contract this year too. 

Did you talk to them today? I assume they never actually charged you the $240? Under contract this year too. 
I actually did about an hour ago. First I called the 870 number. Got a woman who spoke good English thankfully. She seemed like she wanted to help me but said my bill was messed up with ST double charged and extra innings. She said I had to call customer service and nothing she could do. 

So I called them. Got a woman that was an ESL person for sure but not bad. She said I had to talk with a senior person and transferred me. Then I finally got someone really good, Jesse. First thing he said was thank you for being a long time customer and people like me pay his salary. I figured it was going to go well at that instant. 

Anyway he straightened my whole billing out. Gave me $55 off for a year. Free movie channels for 6 months. Bill went from $173 to 50 something (can’t remember exactly). Said I could call att and possibly get another $15 off per month since I’m a customer of both. I canceled ST totally. Idk how guys are getting that for free tbh. I’ll just have to watch what my local channels show if I even watch the nfl. It looks like my money fantasy league is finished anyway so I guess I’ll live. 

JaxBill said:
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to let the disconnect go thru and then renegotiate then use chat.
So i asked to be disconnected Tuesday. I got the email this morning but still have service.  Wondering if disconnect will happen tonight.

I switched to directv bundled with at&t internet a year ago. Bill went up to $160 the past 2 months.

I just put in for the disconnect on Monday, to happen on 8/30. They offered me $60 off and free Sunday ticket. I declined. The internet service is bunk and nobody in my house watches tv anymore.

I switched to directv bundled with at&t internet a year ago. Bill went up to $160 the past 2 months.

I just put in for the disconnect on Monday, to happen on 8/30. They offered me $60 off and free Sunday ticket. I declined. The internet service is bunk and nobody in my house watches tv anymore.
The $60 off per month and free ST is about what everybody seems to be getting.  Just curious what kind of offer you are expecting and what it would take you to stay.  Unless of course, you are really intending to cancel.

I keep AT&T and directv separate because I don't want issues when I play this yearly Directv game.  I know if you bundle, you get an extra $15/month, but I don't care.  As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone here getting any kind of discounts off the internet or phone portion of their bills.

The $60 off per month and free ST is about what everybody seems to be getting.  Just curious what kind of offer you are expecting and what it would take you to stay.  Unless of course, you are really intending to cancel.

I keep AT&T and directv separate because I don't want issues when I play this yearly Directv game.  I know if you bundle, you get an extra $15/month, but I don't care.  As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone here getting any kind of discounts off the internet or phone portion of their bills.
They'd have to offer me a metric crap ton to stay. I really want to cancel. Nobody watches tv in my house anymore; it's all streamed to tablets and laptops. And most of it's not cable or network. Plus, at&t internet is awful. Just truly, truly awful. And a horrible company to deal with.

i'm going with 500mbps speed and no data cap internet connection and kluge together a media server.

So Monday the tech came out to install my new upgraded genie and reconnect my service.  Problem was that the new genie was the same as the old model I had from four years ago, so it want an upgrade.  

He had to hook up my old box and had to call in that info to start the service.  The rep on the other end could not confirm the deal I got last week, so I had to walk her through the email confirmation I received and after that,  she still could not match it.  

So lame. Off by $4.

I'll call back the 210 number where I got my deal and get it straightened out in time.  I did get a new bill and I start out with a $144 credit and a $200 gift card on the way.  Not sure how they got the 144 number. 

I told the technician what we do every year and he thought it was awesome.  He was scheduled to come out from 8 am to noon and arrived at 2pm.  Luckily,  I had a lot of computer work to do that morning and no appointments.  He said att is a disaster.  He said when it was just dtv, the techs were paid by the job, so there was an incentive to do them quickly and they could get 3 to 5 done in a day.  He says att now has them all salary and they book 7 per day for him and he's always behind and doesn't give a ####.  

Year 16 as a sub to DirecTV, and this might finally be the year I cancel. Their customer service has gone downhill since AT&T bought them imo. Called 3 times yesterday, 1st rep offered nothing, next rep offered $5 off HBO for 3 months (wtf?). Last guy finally offered to cut the bill down to $78/mo, but no Sunday Ticket.

Last year, the reps were so bad at "customer retention" I had one guy cancel service without offering anything and he hung up on me, then when I called back a few days later, the next rep activated the service at full price without my permission (the call was just disconnected). Escalated issue to the "office of the president" in Idaho and had a nice lady get bill down and throw in Sunday Ticket Max and a gift card ($57/mo with 2 DVRs and HBO) for a year.

1 year later and here I am having to go through this BS again. I'm tired of this crap.

If I can't get this resolved (I am not paying $400+ to watch just the Red Zone channel once a week), I will sub to PSVue for the NFL season. Shame Hulu doesn't offer NFLN and Redzone since they seem to be the only ones that get you live NBC for Sunday night games. No live NBC for PSVue or Sling in my area. Bummer.

My call was quite a bit different.  Last year was the first time I ever made the call.  Two years ago, I got a deal of a flat rate on ST Max for 99.  I jumped on it.  Last year, I called and simply said I wanted to cancel ST.  After a couple transfers, I was offered 100 off ST plus credits of 30/mo for 12 months.  That was a good enough deal for me, as I was getting the ST for free (little bit of extra credits).

This year, got the same 100 off ST, but they bumped my credit to 60/month.  So, ST for 300 and credits of 720.  Total of 20 minutes on the phone, including 2 transfers.

Good enough for me.

Was set for cancellation tomorrow, called the number tonight. Was told they had no offers for ST, but told me if I paid normal price for it, he'd give me $22 x 6 most off and $80 x 12 most off with no new contract. Still resulted in a lower bill and ST so it worked for me.

I called up and it sounded like the email was premature. I went forward with negotiations and was satisfied with a B+.

12 month discount of $65

6 month discount to ioffset sportspack 13.99

6 month free cinemax

1 time 48.99 credit to offset 1 ST max payment.

$100 visa gift card

6 months free cinemax

So monthly payment for Xtra plus SportsPak, ST Max for 2 Tvs is 109 plus tax for 6 months then 43 for 6 months.

I might have done a little better by waiting a day but i was good with it.

So i thought everything was fine but... i can't sign into my directv account. My existing directv username password didn't work. So i tried to reset password and it told me invalid username. I folliwed the Forgot Username logic and they sent me some username that ATT created. I try to use that username and directv tells me that i can't use ATT username on directv. 

By now, totally frustrated, i call directv and they point me down the same paths i was already on.

So i called and canceled service again. We'll see if actually disconnecting gets their attention.

Grrrrrr.
So disconnect complete, here was my timeline for the day (all time Eastern)

1 PM Took a late lunch and called the 870 number. I ended up with an older white guy who had no idea what I was talking about. I told him about my problems with diretcv.com and he wanted to schedule a tech and refresh the signal. Repeatedly I told him that the satellite had been working well but my issues were online. Frustrated I gave up after 10 minutes and went back to work.

5PM Called the 870 and ended up with a younger guy who seemed to know whta was going on. Quick to give out discounts. After talking with him he told me, no free ST Max,  i could have my same package including ST Max, sports pack, DVR and HD fees for 55 a month. No contract as I'm already out of contract. I didn't catch his name but I'm wondering if it was Malik because....

6PM After giving them plenty of time to refresh signal and resetting my receivers I still have the 720 not authorized error everywhere. I call the regular 800- number. I eventually get patched thru to tech support who did a diagnostic and the reason my picture is out is because the 5PM rep "saved" me money by canceling my DVR service and HD. Tech support tells me that adding those back will be an extra 23 bucks a month. I tell them this is bait and switch and patch me through to customer loyalty.  I talk to the guy and he was very helpful. He sees the 55 dollar note on my account and goes looking for more discounts. Finally he says he can do 62  a month and he add in a 50 dollar credit to help offset the difference. He gets the picture back but then I notice channels are missing. Again, the 5 PM guy "saved" me money by switching me from Xtra to Choice, Now this guy is scrambling again. He's very apologetic and says the best he can do is 74 a month (including ST Max and fees) and increase the one time credit from 50 to 150. After ST is paid off, it will go down further. And he threw in free HBO for a year. FIne done deal.  By 640 PM I have the TV part done.

7PM I decide to tackle the online account. Thanks for the hint about chat because they were very helpful. But it did take 4 or 5 tries for them to reset my account and provide a temp password. In the end I had the online account squared away in roughly 15 minutes.

I ended up with a better deal but what a PITA. Not sure whether to blame customer service or the "system". Once NFL season is over I might get serious about ditching them and going with streaming solution. I think sports programming over legal streaming methods is starting to come together.

JaxBill said:
13 hours ago, JaxBill said:

6PM After giving them plenty of time to refresh signal and resetting my receivers I still have the 720 not authorized error everywhere. I call the regular 800- number. I eventually get patched thru to tech support who did a diagnostic and the reason my picture is out is because the 5PM rep "saved" me money by canceling my DVR service and HD. Tech support tells me that adding those back will be an extra 23 bucks a month. I tell them this is bait and switch and patch me through to customer loyalty.

This is what really bothers me - the rep did some cancellation (or in my case activation) without any permission from the customer. That is completely unacceptable, and it's what they did to me last year. I simply called and asked the rep what deals are available (last year) to keep me as a customer. He puts me on hold, then he hung up (or accidentally disconnected call) and next day I find out the rep turned all my service on for full price and 2 year agreement without my permission. Not cool. Fortunately the "office of the president" in Idaho this was escalated to fixed everything. But it appears AT&T are really messing up DTV's "top in customer service".

Last edited by a moderator:
Disconnected yesterday (effective at midnight). Called the 870 number this morning, said I missed a call (I didn’t).

First offer: Choice package (we just have the one TV), $300 gift card, $60 off for 12 months, $15 off for 12 months to offset advanced receiver fee, $5 off for 12 months for something I’m unclear on. They wanted me to pay for Sunday Ticket though, and only offered Cinemax, no HBO. Bill would be ~$85 for the first 6 months, then ~$35 for the next six months with no contract. 

Rep then accidentally hung up on me, so I’ll let that marinate a while and then see what they offer. 

Really want Sunday Ticket and HBO. 

They'd have to offer me a metric crap ton to stay. I really want to cancel. Nobody watches tv in my house anymore; it's all streamed to tablets and laptops. And most of it's not cable or network. Plus, at&t internet is awful. Just truly, truly awful. And a horrible company to deal with.

i'm going with 500mbps speed and no data cap internet connection and kluge together a media server.
Hi PRGK, welcome to the 21st Century!

Lots of options for a media server.  I have a HTPC that runs my entertainment center (and my security cameras) that is low voltage because it's runs all the time.  My server is just a headless Windows 10 machines using storage spaces that I wake up on LAN because it's a beast and you don't want it running unless you are using it.

Disconnected yesterday (effective at midnight). Called the 870 number this morning, said I missed a call (I didn’t).

First offer: Choice package (we just have the one TV), $300 gift card, $60 off for 12 months, $15 off for 12 months to offset advanced receiver fee, $5 off for 12 months for something I’m unclear on. They wanted me to pay for Sunday Ticket though, and only offered Cinemax, no HBO. Bill would be ~$85 for the first 6 months, then ~$35 for the next six months with no contract. 

Rep then accidentally hung up on me, so I’ll let that marinate a while and then see what they offer. 

Really want Sunday Ticket and HBO. 
Gave up the Sunday Ticket battle for now (wanted me to pay full price).  Rep told me to call her back after the week 1 free trial, and they could usually get half price and possibly other discounts. I live in TX as a Panthers fan, so I just want to watch those games. I don’t usually watch Redzone anyway. 

We have 1 TV with HD and the Genie DVR -Choice pkg, free HBO for a year, free sports package for a year, after all the credits: $37.64 + tax

And they’re mailing me a $300 gift card. 

Very close to free TV / them paying me. Will update if I get Sunday Ticket in a few weeks. 

Gave up the Sunday Ticket battle for now (wanted me to pay full price).  Rep told me to call her back after the week 1 free trial, and they could usually get half price and possibly other discounts. I live in TX as a Panthers fan, so I just want to watch those games. I don’t usually watch Redzone anyway. 

We have 1 TV with HD and the Genie DVR -Choice pkg, free HBO for a year, free sports package for a year, after all the credits: $37.64 + tax

And they’re mailing me a $300 gift card. 

Will update if I get Sunday Ticket in a few weeks. 
VPN your IP address to Brazil and you can get all of your team's games for $89 from nfl.com.

I might be in the minority here, but all I really want is Red Zone for the Sunday morning games. There are so few afternoon games that I can follow them all easily.

So that's $360 for basically the Red Zone channel for me. As a Dolphins fan, it's becoming more difficult to get excited about watching the entire game like I used to 15 years ago.

PSVue would charge me $60/mo for a package with Red Zone. But that's only 4 months if I cancel in December (so it's $240). Frustrating that DTV will only give Red Zone channel with the Max Ticket. It's a stand alone channel on cable tv for about $15/mo.

Is this intentional of DTV to force you into the Max Ticket if all you want is Red Zone? First year I have seen them so reluctant to just give Sunday Ticket Max to long term customers.

I might be in the minority here, but all I really want is Red Zone for the Sunday morning games. There are so few afternoon games that I can follow them all easily.

So that's $360 for basically the Red Zone channel for me. As a Dolphins fan, it's becoming more difficult to get excited about watching the entire game like I used to 15 years ago.

PSVue would charge me $60/mo for a package with Red Zone. But that's only 4 months if I cancel in December (so it's $240). Frustrating that DTV will only give Red Zone channel with the Max Ticket. It's a stand alone channel on cable tv for about $15/mo.

Is this intentional of DTV to force you into the Max Ticket if all you want is Red Zone? First year I have seen them so reluctant to just give Sunday Ticket Max to long term customers.
A friend of mine was able to negotiate the stand-alone RZC from DirecTv last week.  I know when I asked, they said they didn't offer it but he showed me his bill and it said RZC....

After some reps messed up my account last year while getting the win back deal post cancelation, my credits got pushed back and don't end until late October. My past experience leads me to believe I can't go for the deal again until these credits are gone or close to it. I'm literally paying $17 a month for Xrta and was actually paying less earlier in the year. 

The best I've done so far is getting the 100 off ST. 

Thoughts? 

Just called. I'm easy and the call literally took 5 minutes . $60 off a month for 12 months , $5 off hbo for 6 months, and free stand alone red zone . So it can be offered at direct tv . They said I had no offers for Sunday ticket, but that could change later this month. I'm happy with what I have at this point . 

Legitimately canceling after about 15 years of service, I’m done. I agreed to a 1 year contract last year, they said I agreed to a 2 year contract, which is complete bull####. I’m paying the fee, going to small claims court on principle, and switching my cell carrier to Verizon too. 

With a 5 & 2 year old in the house, I hardly have time for football anymore and my interest has been severely declining anyways. 

80-90% of the limited TV I watch is streamed, at this juncture with how the internet has reshaped media, I honestly have no need for them. 

fantasycurse42 said:
Legitimately canceling after about 15 years of service, I’m done. I agreed to a 1 year contract last year, they said I agreed to a 2 year contract, which is complete bull####. I’m paying the fee, going to small claims court on principle, and switching my cell carrier to Verizon too. 

With a 5 & 2 year old in the house, I hardly have time for football anymore and my interest has been severely declining anyways. 

80-90% of the limited TV I watch is streamed, at this juncture with how the internet has reshaped media, I honestly have no need for them. 
Wow - same thing here, they said I am in a 2 year agreement when I know full damn well I would never agree to 2 years and I have the notes I took when dealing with this "office of the president of AT&T" place. 1 year deal is all I have ever done after learning this the hard way about 14 years ago. I lost all negotiating leverage once when I agreed to 2 years and was stuck without discounts one year (they did throw in Sunday ticket though).

I did get a return call from the office of president again this year, and woman I talked to said she will get a better price and red zone when she calls me back again (her computer wasn't working).

I think I am just really sick and tired of this game of chicken with directv after 15+ years, I always dread calling in August.

It's a shame they don't value their long term customers, and are more concerned with the "profits now" and earnings for the stock. I think it's possibly that AT&T knows DTV/cable is a dying industry in the years to come, and at some point the customers can pick their channels and pay for only the ones they watch. I don't even flip through 95% of the channels in the dtv guide. 

I did the disconnect dance about 3 wks ago. Agreed to $95 in credits, various free movie channels & ST Max. Discounts & HBO showed up but not others. Called 2x to have fixed. Last was on Sunday & said they'd go through transcripts of call & resolve in 2-3 days. Nothing, so called again today to cust svc, they don't see promotions for other movie channels or ST Max. Said I agreed to other deal so send me to disconnect. There he added other movie channels but said nothing he could do about ST. I scheduled disconnect for Mon night to play again. Not sure I will go through. Discounts most important & I'm under $30 per month now. I like being able to record an afternoon game & cruise thru it Sun night. BUT, i mostly have to watch Raider games & after today I really don't care.

I made my annual call on Thurs and got a deal. I'm getting the Premier package including all premium channels and they threw in the sunday ticket but not the Max. I got it for $72.49 a month plus tax after $130 a month in credits for 12 months. All with no contract. They did try saying I was under contract for another 12 months when I know damn well it's up in Sept. I had a deal with them last year and they decided not to honor it. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they gave me a deal and I demanded this to be in writing and still have this saved email. I did the whole cancel routine and they said I was on the hook for 12 more months this time around. Told them I had written proof from the Office of the President and they backed off quickly. Here's last years email that came from the ATT office of the President. Bottom line is that you have to HOUND them for proof of your agreement in writing. If you don't get it file a complaint stating you've asked for a copy of your agreement and they are refusing to send it. This is an absolute must!!!!!

Hello Mr. *****,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

As we discussed, below are the reconnect offers applied to your account and the pricing you will see each month.  Your account will only be subject to a 12-month agreement.  Please note, the prices quoted are pretax and per the DIRECTV Customer Agreement programming and pricing is subject to change.

XTRA All Included -                                         $ 124.00
HD Extra Pack -                                               $ 4.99
Regional Sports Fee                                        $ 5.83
Months 1-12                                                    $-54.00
Months 1-12 (Auto Bill Pay Requirement)      $-5.00               
Months 13-24 (Auto Bill Pay Requirement)    $-50.00
Months 1-24                                                    $-10.00
2017 NFL Sunday Ticket Max                          $ 0.00
HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Sports         $ 0.00  60 days free automatically rolls off

Total Price Months 1-12 =      $65.82 pretax
Total Price Months 13-24 =    $74.82 Pretax 
Total Price Months 25 + =      $134.82 Pretax

Please let me know if you have any additional concerns or questions.

Thank you,

Shauna White
Manager
AT&T Office of the President
o 208-914-2549 | sw363p@att.com

I made my annual call on Thurs and got a deal. I'm getting the Premier package including all premium channels and they threw in the sunday ticket but not the Max. I got it for $72.49 a month plus tax after $130 a month in credits for 12 months. All with no contract. They did try saying I was under contract for another 12 months when I know damn well it's up in Sept. I had a deal with them last year and they decided not to honor it. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they gave me a deal and I demanded this to be in writing and still have this saved email. I did the whole cancel routine and they said I was on the hook for 12 more months this time around. Told them I had written proof from the Office of the President and they backed off quickly. Here's last years email that came from the ATT office of the President. Bottom line is that you have to HOUND them for proof of your agreement in writing. If you don't get it file a complaint stating you've asked for a copy of your agreement and they are refusing to send it. This is an absolute must!!!!!

Hello Mr. *****,

As we discussed, below are the reconnect offers applied to your account and the pricing you will see each month.  Your account will only be subject to a 12-month agreement.  Please note, the prices quoted are pretax and per the DIRECTV Customer Agreement programming and pricing is subject to change.

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Sports         $ 0.00  60 days free automatically rolls off

Thank you,

Shauna White
Manager
La Schmoove

Going to make my call this week - do I just ask directly for retention, see what they have to offer, and if its crap, set the cancellation date?

I feel like I've experienced more "choppiness" or "pixelation" (not the best words, but not sure how else to describe it) since the new menu rolled out.  Anyone else?
I got them to come out and replace my main receiver for free.  No issues since then, and it's been a lot quicker.

Just called as my offers expire at the end of this month so finally within the last 30 days.  Offered me some discounts when I called but bill would still be $20 more than it is now and no mention of Sunday Ticket.  I said to cancel.  She then offered to suspend my account so that I could keep the discounts she offered and come back when I wanted.  I said no thanks, just cancel.  Goes into effect tonight at midnight.  I'll call tomorrow morning and see what I can get offered. 

Hello Mr. *****,

Thank you,

Shauna White
Manager
Thank you, very helpful info here. That sure looks like a deal for 12 months. Will definitely get it writing when the office of the president lady calls back (assuming I agree). Terrible how it seems most people were thrown into a 2 year agreement, despite being told it's a 1 year agreement.

How come there are no DVR fees listed there? I think our bill has $10/mo for primary dvr, $7/mo for our bedroom dvr, and then mandatory $3/mo for "whole home genie" whatever they call it.

Wow - same thing here, they said I am in a 2 year agreement when I know full damn well I would never agree to 2 years and I have the notes I took when dealing with this "office of the president of AT&T" place. 1 year deal is all I have ever done after learning this the hard way about 14 years ago. I lost all negotiating leverage once when I agreed to 2 years and was stuck without discounts one year (they did throw in Sunday ticket though).

I did get a return call from the office of president again this year, and woman I talked to said she will get a better price and red zone when she calls me back again (her computer wasn't working).

I think I am just really sick and tired of this game of chicken with directv after 15+ years, I always dread calling in August.

It's a shame they don't value their long term customers, and are more concerned with the "profits now" and earnings for the stock. I think it's possibly that AT&T knows DTV/cable is a dying industry in the years to come, and at some point the customers can pick their channels and pay for only the ones they watch. I don't even flip through 95% of the channels in the dtv guide. 
Same here, no way I would ever give up the leverage with a 2 year agreement. The rep offered me a larger gift card for 2 years which I declined and said only one year, pretty deceptive tactics by saying I was in a 24 month agreement.

Anyways, I canceled with the intention of just walking away and being done with it. Just received a call 15 minutes ago from this win back department and I initially declined some $50 a month package and no ST. They came back and said this is the best they could do:

Ultimate package, Sunday Ticket Max, $33 a month for the next 12 months and I can leave at any time I want. Works out to $400 for the year, I took it. Honestly, that is about as good as I think I can do for any type of service. 

Anybody else have HBO with no working on demand? Tech support seems clueless. I guess I don't really need it as I can just use the HBO GO app but still. Annoying.

I'm sure it has been discussed already.. but DirecTV NOW is awesome.

Kind of annoyed it took me this long.

Users who are viewing this thread