What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things you thought you invented (1 Viewer)

SuperJohn96

RPS World Champion
Ive been playing since 99 when i used the nfl.com/cbs game most of that time. I consider myself a veteran but I hear chatter every so often about people who played a lot longer. Are these people lying just to sound old and wise? It seems to me that no one played ff until the internet became widespread. Did you keep track by pen and pad? Looking at the newspaper for the stats? I never heard of it till around when I started playing.
FF has been recent for me (~1999-2000), but I did hockey pools LONG before that, and yes, we did by using the newspaper for stats.

Why is it so hard to believe that FF was played before it was popularized by the Internet?
Because I have a strange habit of thinking that if im not doing it then nobody is doing it, and when I do something, its the first time its ever been done. Even as a small child I did this. Smushing up ice cream to make it creamy and soft? I was the first. Putting granola in yogurt? I was the first. Taking two pieces of pizza and putting them toppings to toppings? I was the first. LOL!!
When I was younger I thought for sure I invented putting a layer of French Fries in my hamburger.

I'd never seen anyone do it before, and as I introduced it to others, I hadn't seen/heard anyone else do this that wasn't shown it by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're giving me the “It's not you, it's me”? I invented “It's not you, it's me”! If it's anyone it's me!

[/costanza]

Spaghetti sandwich, until I heard my Uncle telling stories about he and my Grandfather used to make spaghetti sandwiches all the time when he was a kid.

Also, self-pleasuring myself. Though technically, I am the first person to self pleasure myself.

I thought I invented a pair of rakes joined in the middle like a pair of giant salad tongs for picking up leaf piles. Turns out someone else already had. I still use mine, though :patentviolation:

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Time travel.

Honest to God, when I was like eight or nine, I asked my science teacher what would happen if you could loop a laser beam into a perfect circle. Would it spin around infinitely? He didn't know, so I dropped the subject. Couple of decades later, some college professor is building a time machine out of that idea.

Also, when I was a kid, my breakfast used to be oreo cookies in a cereal bowl, covered in milk. I'd eat them with a spoon. My parents thought it was disgusting. Now Post makes millions of dollars a year off that idea. :goodposting:

When I was younger I thought for sure I invented putting a layer of French Fries in my hamburger.
Whoa. This was going to be my answer when I saw the thread title. I started doing this in '79.Also, tucking my undershirt into my boxers. I invented this about 2006.

I invented the mp3 player in 1993... wrote a paper about it and everything. My professor thought it was a great idea, but told me that it just was not practical.

Also, tucking my undershirt into my boxers. I invented this about 2006.
:goodposting: Thanks for sharing that one with the masses!

I invented a crude Sybian around '91 using a hairbrush handle and record player. The chick would always say 33 was fine but the thing would get cranked to 78 within a minute or so.

Dipping peanut butter sandwiches into chili.

Putting feta cheese on a BLT <-- adult invention that I'm pretty sure I should patent some how.

I have an ice cream flavor that I invented as a kid but have never actually tried. It actually sounds disgusting but it's got a killer name that I think would make it popular as hell for kids. I figure if that crappy "superman" ice cream could have a run when I was a kid that I can make a quick buck off of mine if I ever find a way to manufacture and sell mine.

It's tough to keep this PG, but I'll try.

When I was a freshman in high school I thought I invented putting my unit between the wonderful mounds of a girl's upper body and sliding to and fro.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal.

We would buy the chocolate crunch or whatever it was called, and the peanut butter captain crunch and I would mix them together.

lo and behold a couple years later they come out with the same thing mixed in one box.

:lmao:

When I was young, I hypothesized that by having both axles turn in opposite directions on a car:

//

\\

The result would be a tighter turning radius. VW (I think) later had a model that incorporated this.

ETA: Apparently it's called 4-wheel steering.

Ive been playing since 99 when i used the nfl.com/cbs game most of that time. I consider myself a veteran but I hear chatter every so often about people who played a lot longer. Are these people lying just to sound old and wise? It seems to me that no one played ff until the internet became widespread. Did you keep track by pen and pad? Looking at the newspaper for the stats? I never heard of it till around when I started playing.
FF has been recent for me (~1999-2000), but I did hockey pools LONG before that, and yes, we did by using the newspaper for stats.

Why is it so hard to believe that FF was played before it was popularized by the Internet?
Because I have a strange habit of thinking that if im not doing it then nobody is doing it, and when I do something, its the first time its ever been done. Even as a small child I did this. Smushing up ice cream to make it creamy and soft? I was the first. Putting granola in yogurt? I was the first. Taking two pieces of pizza and putting them toppings to toppings? I was the first. LOL!!

I'd never seen anyone do it before, and as I introduced it to others, I hadn't seen/heard anyone else do this that wasn't shown it by me.
Mine is similar, but a layer of Chee-tos instead of fries.

Mine is similar, but a layer of Chee-tos instead of fries.
A Cheet-os-burger if you will.I have a variation that includes potato chips as well.

I actually used to mix equal parts ketchup and mayo with a dash of hot sauce and/or BBQ sauce from the Fixins Bar at Roy Rogers and dip my fries in it. People used to look at me like I was an alien. Then, I moved to Utah and the exact same concoction was on the menu of every burger place in the state, known as "fry sauce."

I used potato chips. Charles' Chips, IIRC.

Various vodka cocktails

Hmm just thought of one....never named it, though. Take a raw hot dog and a slice of cheese and roll it up in a piece of bread.

The McMFM (pronounced "McMuffum"). It was basically a Filet o' Fish sandwich but with two beef patties added on either side of the fish filet. Also a layer of special sauce on both sides of the fish. (Bun/Beef/Sauce/Fish/Sauce/Beef/Bun)

The McMFM (pronounced "McMuffum"). It was basically a Filet o' Fish sandwich but with two beef patties added on either side of the fish filet. Also a layer of special sauce on both sides of the fish. (Bun/Beef/Sauce/Fish/Sauce/Beef/Bun)
Gross.

Users who are viewing this thread