Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bob Magaw

Is Forsett an Ascendant Talent?

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the Ravens much so far (that will change this week!). However I have been reading that the offensive line has been awful in opening up running lanes.

Any idea why? I had them in the top 3 this year, with an A for runblocking

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the Ravens much so far (that will change this week!). However I have been reading that the offensive line has been awful in opening up running lanes.

He's probably been busy on Sundays.

He's probably been busy on Sundays.

:P

They looked top notch tonight. So did JF.

FF makes ya crazier than a squirrel. Where was any of this in the first three weeks? Ohhh total suk show for the first three weeks and then on the road vs. a division rival on a Thursday night game this happens? Ohhh - we forgot that when we won last year it was with a consistent running game. Now that we are 0-3 lets start running the ball!!!!!! Aaaargggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Any lingering concerns with the ankle?

Just a sprain, not sure if it is high though. If it's high then he could be out multiple weeks.

Haven't heard any updates yet, but seems reasonable to be optimistic.

I watched Jordy Nelson walk off a field without the slightest trace of a limp with a torn ACL. Until Forsett is practicing again I'm not resting easy.

Taliaferro the handcuff here?

He's hurt too, and was inactive yesterday. May not know till later in the week whether he or Allen is the go-to guy...and by then we may well learn that Forsett will be fine.

More info needed on this one.

The Ravens have a late game next week so hopefully the practice reports tell us everything clearly this week and we don't have to wait till Sunday

Glad to hear it isn't a high ankle sprain but assuming he misses this week who is the handcuff to have-- Taliaferro (if he practices) or Allen?

Glad to hear it isn't a high ankle sprain but assuming he misses this week who is the handcuff to have-- Taliaferro (if he practices) or Allen?

I can see it going either way. Pick your poison. I'd probably lean Allen since he's healthy. Sucks being an afternoon game.

Harbaugh may have said this but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Edited by CentralPA
  • Like 1

Taliaferro the handcuff here?

He's hurt too, and was inactive yesterday. May not know till later in the week whether he or Allen is the go-to guy...and by then we may well learn that Forsett will be fine.

More info needed on this one.

Ravens placed RB Lorenzo Taliaferro on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season.

rotoworld

Edited by JoeSteeler

Harbaugh may have said this but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

What did Harbaugh say about Perriman during training camp?

• Like 1

They signed RB Raheem Mostert off waivers from Miami to replace Taliaferro.

A rookie UDFA out of Purdue, he flashed a bit this preseason with the Eagles.

A guy to watch if, like in my case, every other Baltimore RB was scooped up long ago.

Edited by Diamond

Went to pick up Allen last night but was already scooped up by 4:00. Should have grabbed him yesterday morning when I was considering it.

ETA -- scooped up by my opponent this week :wall:

Edited by Godsbrother

A guy to watch if, like in my case, every other Baltimore RB was scooped up long ago.

Yes he did. As a Birds fan I was pretty upset they weren't able to find a spot for him. I consider him a deep sleeper.

Yes he did. As a Birds fan I was pretty upset they weren't able to find a spot for him. I consider him a deep sleeper.

2 teams now have thought he is not active roster material. I'm skeptical about Mostert's ability to be a fantasy contributor.

2 teams now have thought he is not active roster material. I'm skeptical about Mostert's ability to be a fantasy contributor.

He's barely a blip on the fantasy radar right now but the guy does have some talent.

A snippet from the Baltimore Sun this afternoon:

Forsett practiced for the first time Friday, and said it’s been around-the-clock icing and stimulation treatment for the ankle that was injured at the end of Sunday’s game, in which Forsett paced the Ravens offense with 170 yards of total offense.

“It’s still a work in progress,” he said of his recovery. “Hopefully, we’re able to get some more progress in the ankle coming up before that day, but I’m feeling good.”
“Hopefully, some more healing takes place, and I think we’re going in the right direction,” Forsett said. “Hopefully, we’ll be ready to go.”

Having Allen out there basically by himself with no Forsett and Taliaferro gone would be a big and sudden responsibility for the rookie. Do you guys think Harbaugh might activate a somewhat hobbled Forset play just to periodically spell Allen or for emergency usage? It seems like he did something like that with Pierce last year, but I don't remember the exact situation.

A snippet from the Baltimore Sun this afternoon:

Forsett practiced for the first time Friday, and said it’s been around-the-clock icing and stimulation treatment for the ankle that was injured at the end of Sunday’s game, in which Forsett paced the Ravens offense with 170 yards of total offense.

“It’s still a work in progress,” he said of his recovery. “Hopefully, we’re able to get some more progress in the ankle coming up before that day, but I’m feeling good.”
“Hopefully, some more healing takes place, and I think we’re going in the right direction,” Forsett said. “Hopefully, we’ll be ready to go.”

That about as committally non committal as possible.

Hopefully, healing, think... right direction. Hopefully.

Are owners fully trusting Forsett if he goes Sunday? I'm afraid he might tweak his ankle but maybe that's irrational, it just seems like a rapid recovery after not practicing...

Are owners fully trusting Forsett if he goes Sunday? I'm afraid he might tweak his ankle but maybe that's irrational, it just seems like a rapid recovery after not practicing...

:shrug:

He got treatment two days, practiced one. Said he's feeling better. Just have to hear the Sunday reports.

I have AA & Duke so hoping he can take advantage of the good matchup.

Yup. Matchup is terrific and he's been playing great so I'm starting him even if there's a chance Allen gets a little more work (which I would expect).

Not good.

Ravens promoted RB Terrence Magee from the practice squad.

It's a sign Justin Forsett (questionable, ankle) will be held out Sunday.

Not good.

Yeah he's out. Sucks. Terrific matchup.

So with forsett probably out what do we expect from javoris Allen? Terrific matchup and majority of load!!

Can't wait to roll this week with Chardick West and Javorius Allen.

• Like 2

Not good.

I don't think this means that at all. You guys are forgetting that Taliaferro was on the active roster and now he is on IR. The Ravens only had 2 backs Forsett, Buck so he is just a 3rd insurance back or like a Taliaferro. I think Forsett will see how it feels on sunday a true game time. This doesn't mean anything imo and is not writing on the wall so called imo.

Not good.

I don't think this means that at all. You guys are forgetting that Taliaferro was on the active roster and now he is on IR. The Ravens only had 2 backs Forsett, Buck so he is just a 3rd insurance back or like a Taliaferro. I think Forsett will see how it feels on sunday a true game time. This doesn't mean anything imo and is not writing on the wall so called imo.

If the 3rd is insurance, what is the 4th? They added TWO backs this week - Mostert and Magee.

Edited by VandyMan
  • Like 1

Ughhh. Really wanted Forsett this week. Gonna b forced to pick between Duke or Decker in the flex.

Duke 4 sho

Even if he plays today I don't think he's a good FF start, it sounds like he's pushing through it when he should be healing. Good luck.

Then it's up to the coaching and medical staffs to make sure they're not putting an injured player on the field. At some point someone has to be held accountable. I think it would be really stupid for Harbaugh to let Forsett play if there was any chance that he could make the injury worse.