What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Forsett an Ascendant Talent? (1 Viewer)

Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter said Justin Forsett is "doing a good job picking things up."
Just signed on Tuesday, Forsett could be forced to start with Theo Riddick (ankle) out and Dwayne Washington (foot, ankle) questionable. Even if Washington is able to play, ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein expects Forsett to see "10 to 12 carries" in a timeshare with the rookie. Even against a banged-up defensive front, Forsett is difficult to trust in an uncertain situation.

Source: ESPN 
Oct 15 - 9:57 AM

So Forsett's opportunity is ascendant, if not his talent.

Interesting. 

9/50/0 and 2/15/0 for 7.5 FFP in PPR sounds like a reasonable day for those in desperate need of RB help because of injury and bye.

Like me. 

Say what you will, but the Ravens offense is more of an issue than Forsett's talent. And now that Morningwheg is the OC, it will turn into even more of a ####show over there. But if the Bucs can dust off Jacquizz for 18pts in PPR, then Forsett is going to be just fine with the Lions.

So Forsett's opportunity is ascendant, if not his talent.

Interesting. 

9/50/0 and 2/15/0 for 7.5 FFP in PPR sounds like a reasonable day for those in desperate need of RB help because of injury and bye.

Like me. 
I'm one of those desperate people. Probably going to start him over Ware. The pickings are slim in a lot of leagues and I'm not sure Washington's a bell cow.

I'm one of those desperate people. Probably going to start him over Ware. The pickings are slim in a lot of leagues and I'm not sure Washington's a bell cow.
There is no way I'd start him over Ware. Only if D. Wash is ruled out and Forsett is the only man standing.

Well, D. Washington is out leaving Forsett and Zenner to split carries.

Could Forsett be this week's J. Rodgers? 

Tempted to start him over D. Washington (OAK).

Although he was able to return to a limited practice on Friday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Dwayne Washington (foot, ankle) will not play today against the Rams.
After participating in one limited practice this week, Washington will miss today’s game against Los Angeles. Zach Zenner and recently-signed Justin Forsett are expected to share work against the Rams’ banged-up defensive line. Neither back is a recommended fantasy play outside of deeper leagues. Oct 16 - 3:51 AM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

With a bare cupboard of running back options, and injuries galore. Forsette may get the pickup and the start from my squad and many squads.

He will seemingly get more opportunity than many available RBs, which at times is all you can ask for on a Sunday pickup and plugin.

Well, D. Washington is out leaving Forsett and Zenner to split carries.

Could Forsett be this week's J. Rodgers? 

Tempted to start him over D. Washington (OAK).
That seems unlikely. Due to game flow and matchup issues on the interior I think the Lions will rely heavily on short passing. But Kyle Meinke (beat writer) has a different take:

Q: How many carries should we reasonably expect from Justin Forsett? -- @DeyFunDoe

A: Reading the tea leaves, I think quite a bit. With Ameer Abdullah (foot) and Theo Riddick (ankle) already ruled out, plus Dwayne Washington (ankle) banged up, Zach Zenner is the No. 1 healthy back right now. And I don't think the Lions believe in him as a rusher.

Jim Caldwell says otherwise, of course, as he should. He can't throw a player under the bus. But the Lions usage of Zenner speaks volumes. They opened the season by deactivating him the first two weeks. And even when Abdullah went down, and Zenner was activated for Week 3, he didn't play a single offensive snap.

Detroit, which loves to rotate running backs, pared its rotation to two rather than play Zenner on offense.

So, I really do believe Forsett plays quite a bit if he's abreast with the playbook and game plan. And everything I gather is he's picked it up quickly. He's been in the league 10 years, and played for six teams, including for the Colts when Caldwell was there. That kind of experience usually helps a player pick up a new scheme quickly. 

Detroit could get creative with its rotation back there, including using some more of Golden Tate in the backfield. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Forsett lead the running backs in carries against Los Angeles. 

bibbs on IR.  knows the O...  anyone desperate enough (like me in a 14 team league)??  understanding the DEN rush game isnt good

This guy is getting passed around almost as much as CMike this year.

And I would expect similar results. If Detroit determined that he couldn't help their non-existent run game, he's cooked. Stick a fork in him.

Sure. Do you post this every time a player retires? Just seems like an odd comment.
I can't believe this is my second reply to defend the comment.  The thought of after retirement popped into my head and I hope he saved his money.  Not a big deal.

Looking back, all the warning signs were there to recognize that there was nothing ascendant about Justin Forsett except his touches that one season. 

Finished with a career 4.7ypc. That's solid. He filled in a strong RB2 role for my dyno back then. Glad he got his shot to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread