What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (1 Viewer)

I haven't been paying much attention the last few weeks. Surprised to hear they'll be throwing out 3 true freshmen starters this year including MLB and CB. 2 pretty ####### important positions.  :football:

I took my daughter to the campus a couple of weeks ago for a campus tour.  I graduated in 96 and was back around 98, but hadn't been there since.  The change was amazing - the cafeterias, student union, dorms, rec center, bookstore, landscaping... everything was dramatically better.  A slideshow said that there were ~100 endowed professors (hehe) when Boren took over 24 years ago while I was there, and now there are almost 600.  It was neat to go on the tour, and my daughter is really excited about the possibility of going there.  I haven't spent enough time on other campuses to realize that it's somewhat unique that everything is contiguous at OU - no bus trips to buildings a mile off campus.  My daughter has spent some times on the Michigan and Michigan St. campuses and picked up on that right away.

Can't tell a lot from a game ike that. But Kyler Murray--lookin' good. Glad to see he got the second half. There's one big difference at HC. Under Stoops he wouldn't have seen the field until midway through the 4th.

Awesome game and continuing to love Baker.  Might try for another boy just to name him Baker - the dude is exciting to watch every play.

The thing that caught my eye was the smart play.  Little things like receivers catching the ball and hitting the ground rather than trying to do too much.  Stoops not calling plays so aggressively that we get burned.  Those are big deals IMO, shows intelligence and maturityrather than trying nothing but brute force.  Don't know if that's because of Lincoln's leadership, but those little things are often the differences between good and great teams.

Man that was pretty scary at times.    ugh     I don't understand the onside kick?    
I'm assuming that was more for future teams than Baylor. They were in control and wanted to show they'd do anything to drive the last nail in the coffin. But it was probably the catalyst for the Baylor resurgence. Both inflamed them and told our guys the game's in the bag.

I was hoping that the Baylor game was a fluke.  I know, I know the OU team is who they are, and have been with Mike Stoops running the D.  But, losing at home to a 2-2 team, using their 3rd string QB, and at times their LB/QB really blows.    Sad that putting up 31 points is not enough to win at home against ISU.     Anywho....BIG12, BIG12, BIG12  

Just think, if OSU had recruited Baylor or ISU's backup QBs, OU would be 3-2 right now.

It's also a little disconcerting that ISU has better WRs and DBs than OU.

It took me a few days to check in here... ugh.  I still think that winning out gets OU to the playoffs, though.

It took me a few days to check in here... ugh.  I still think that winning out gets OU to the playoffs, though.
Well, playoffs would be nice.       I just don't understand year in and year out this defense laying an egg to teams that they should destroy.    It has happened over the course of many years, and the only thing that is a common denominator during this is the coaching staff.   

Fundamentally the defense really needs help with tackling.  Houghton tried to tackle the Texas QB with his head.    No one wraps up anymore and everyone is looking to make the big hit with the shoulder only.  

I am typically the "voice of reason" during OU games with respect to officiating and telling everyone that they're just looking at it from OU's perspective. But when the announcer made a comment in the 4th quarter about Texas playing a clean game with only 1 penalty, I had to be physically restrained from punching the screen. Their ####### linemen were grabbing and tackling every other play.

I'm going to say one thing about the reffing then leave it alone because OU should be good enough to overcome that--which they ended up doing.

Two plays sum up the unevenness. UT D-lineman pile driving Baker when he was already on the ground gets nothing. But OU D-lineman grabbing Ehlinger** by the arm and spinning him around gets a roughing the passer. Even the commentators laughed at how ridiculous that one was.

But what is it with the team getting up by double digits early then acting like the game is over? Perhaps the new secret game plan for Lincoln should be to tell the offense to not score in the first quarter (a la OSU) and maybe the defense will play an entire 60 minutes.

**Boy, are we going to hate that guy over the next 3 years.

I'm going to say one thing about the reffing then leave it alone because OU should be good enough to overcome that--which they ended up doing.

Two plays sum up the unevenness. UT D-lineman pile driving Baker when he was already on the ground gets nothing. But OU D-lineman grabbing Ehlinger** by the arm and spinning him around gets a roughing the passer. Even the commentators laughed at how ridiculous that one was.

But what is it with the team getting up by double digits early then acting like the game is over? Perhaps the new secret game plan for Lincoln should be to tell the offense to not score in the first quarter (a la OSU) and maybe the defense will play an entire 60 minutes.

**Boy, are we going to hate that guy over the next 3 years.
I was looking all over the internet today to see if anyone in the BIG12 commented on the "roughing the QB" play.    You know it is bad when the announcers are laughing about the call.  

The "why do they play good  early and then let down" I think is due to not being very disciplined.   The team has a ton of talent and very little maturity.  

Pathetic.    This is just crazy man.   No one is ever going to fire Mike Stoops I guess.     So sad to watch this defense look like re re's running around the field totally lost. 

I dunno man.  I just dunno.  At the end of the day, you would think the defensive players would be mad and embarrassed. 

I dunno man.  I just dunno.  At the end of the day, you would think the defensive players would be mad and embarrassed. 
What kills me is the way they can play for short periods of time--like the 3rd quarter against KSU. But then other times they get gashed play after play, drive after drive.

Users who are viewing this thread