What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Anarchy League 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
League site: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/11556

Draft start date set for Monday, August 2nd at 9:00 AM.

benbadman - 951

Brewzers - 778

JohnDoe - 580

Norseman - 516

CommuterMan 515

Dreamers - 509

SmackDaddies - 433

BroadwayG - 404

Reaper - 319

Kruppe - 272

Torn Tendons - 240

Fiddles - 238

hug dog - 237

Itchy Amos - 146

Yellow Snow - 131

ffgiant - 101

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun draft but I wish more people would set up their pre-draft lists as their picks get near. Too many time-outs = 2 weeks of drafting. Also, it would be nice if i could get Shiancoe, Celek and Winslow again :tfp:

Fun draft but I wish more people would set up their pre-draft lists as their picks get near. Too many time-outs = 2 weeks of drafting. Also, it would be nice if i could get Shiancoe, Celek and Winslow again :)
The annual Time-Out Guy is gone :loco:Me and you back-to-back Predraft all day :lmao:

anxious to draft with a buncha peeps i havent drafted with beforegood luck all
Wait a minute. Arent you supposed to be annointed the odds on favorite by David before you're allowed to speak in here?In any event, it should be fun - especially if the time outs are kept to a reasonable minimum.Once again, many thanks to David for setting this up. :popcorn: This is a great way to get the season started.

hi guys, looking forward to playing with League 3 this year.

if i'm replacing "Time-Out Guy", dont worry I'll have my picks in early and often, especially with them back to back after 1.01

hi guys, looking forward to playing with League 3 this year.if i'm replacing "Time-Out Guy", dont worry I'll have my picks in early and often, especially with them back to back after 1.01
ben. i'm pretty sure you can draft now. :bag:

if the draft lasts till sat I might become time out guy - my son's getting married and pretty sure my wife will kill me if she catches me on the crackberry....

hi guys, looking forward to playing with League 3 this year.if i'm replacing "Time-Out Guy", dont worry I'll have my picks in early and often, especially with them back to back after 1.01
ben. i'm pretty sure you can draft now. :lmao:
negative, the pick is in, but it will not process until the draft clock starts Monday 9 am
I don't think it will. You may have to actually make the pick tomorrow morning. Good luck in the draft.

ben. i'm pretty sure you can draft now. :shrug:
negative, the pick is in, but it will not process until the draft clock starts Monday 9 am
I don't think it will. You may have to actually make the pick tomorrow morning. Good luck in the draft.
Thanks. In the 16 team format, I would prefer a middle pick to 1.01. With 30 players off the board between picks, most of the value on the board is gobbled up in between. Larry Fitzgerald or Dallas Clark might fall to the end of rd1 or even rd2, but they will definitely not be on the board at 2.16That said, looking at the historical scoring, the VBD on the top QBs,RBs,WR,TE is ~200 VBD to the worst starter. Whoever is picked in the first few picks has no chance to really outperform the draft position, you just have to dodge a land mine. For me, i'm dodging Peterson, even though i'm a card-carrying jersey-wearing Sunday Ticket-watching AP fan. Brees was my first instinct at QB, but his WRs are banged up and he has no rushing output like Rodgers. Then you have the Super Bowl losing team curse, with like 9 of last 22 losers not making the playoffs. Rodgers has been QB1/Qb2 in the regular season in most formats, and QB1 and QB5 in Anarchy format.I do like Antonio Gates or Witten as TE1, especially in a playoff league, and if I get drunk watching UFC tonight my pick might change to Gates/Witten.

The timer should not be on until after everyone picks so I know that every is aware of the draft starting, website address, password to get in, etc. I am giving Torn Tendons a chance to make his own pick. If he doesn't show up by tomorrow we can replace him . . .

The timer should not be on until after everyone picks so I know that every is aware of the draft starting, website address, password to get in, etc. I am giving Torn Tendons a chance to make his own pick. If he doesn't show up by tomorrow we can replace him . . .
I sent him a pm earlier, but I noticed that Yellow Snow and hug dog have not logged into the site either.

replacement #1 COME ON DOWN!

It's always League 3 . . .

All right, I have a couple folks interested in taking a team, so I will work on that this morning.

I sent him a pm earlier, but I noticed that Yellow Snow and hug dog have not logged into the site either.
How can you tell they haven't logged in? Where do you see that listed on the web site?

if you are in a bind and need someone, I'd jump in.......usually around quite a bit....I'm in anarchy 4 but can do both.....

Torn Tendons out, Toads in.

If we can confirm that some of the others haven't even logged in, I have a couple others interested, so someone please research that for me . . .

How can you tell they haven't logged in? Where do you see that listed on the web site?
Right on the main page, there is a box that shows franchise owner activity. It lists the last time that the owners have logged onto the site. So far, 15 people (including the commissioner) have logged into the site. Also, if you were to click on each name individually, it lists various information about the team owner. Once of those fields is "Last Visit". If someone has never logged on, this field is absent.

Torn Tendons out, Toads in.If we can confirm that some of the others haven't even logged in, I have a couple others interested, so someone please research that for me . . .
As of now, Hug Dog has not logged into the site. Everyone else is accounted for....

pretty interesting draft so far. I was hoping a 1st round talent would fall to my second pick, but based on what's happened so far, I think not.

pretty interesting draft so far. I was hoping a 1st round talent would fall to my second pick, but based on what's happened so far, I think not.
I was really hoping to see one of Clark, Witten or Gates available at my pick at 14, but it was not to be. People seem to be doing a good job of accounting for the scoring system.

interesting choice by ffgiant at the turn - going 2 TE back to back on the turn – very interesting. I like both picks (they were my TE in league 4 last season), but that puts a lot of time before the next pick. I was hoping one of them would slide to me! Some may argue JFin went to soon, but I think he will be a top 3 TE this year, so I have no issues with him going at #5 TE

interesting choice by ffgiant at the turn - going 2 TE back to back on the turn – very interesting. I like both picks (they were my TE in league 4 last season), but that puts a lot of time before the next pick. I was hoping one of them would slide to me! Some may argue JFin went to soon, but I think he will be a top 3 TE this year, so I have no issues with him going at #5 TE
Agreed. I think two stud TE is a great foundation in this league. Both SF & GB are in position to be playoff teams thanks to QB issues within their division, SF thanks to no Warner in AZ & GB with a Favre-less Vikings team.edit -- looks like my pre-drafted rankings gave me double TE at the 2/3 turn-- Winslow & Zach Miller. Neither is on a playoff team, but both can be 250 point TEs in this format. Were it a live draft, I'd probably take one of those TE and then a solid WR or RB from a more likely playoff team

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I think two stud TE is a great foundation in this league. Both SF & GB are in position to be playoff teams thanks to QB issues within their division, SF thanks to no Warner in AZ & GB with a Favre-less Vikings team.
im sittin pretty with witten and gonzohoping favre doesnt return as both teams have a better shot at going farther with him at home

Users who are viewing this thread