What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

need good idea for division names (1 Viewer)

In the leagues I commish we name ours after hall of fame coaches in one league and HOF players in another, like Vince Lombardi division, Bill Walsh division, Walter Payton division, and Jim Brown division.

In the leagues I commish we name ours after hall of fame coaches in one league and HOF players in another, like Vince Lombardi division, Bill Walsh division, Walter Payton division, and Jim Brown division.
Likewise...we have the Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, and Reggie White divisions.

How many teams and how many make the playoffs? I'm in one league where 1/2 the teams make the playoffs, and we realign the divisions each year into pims and hos. The same thing could be done with 12 teams, three divisions, if four teams make the playoffs.

Go the Three Stooges route:

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal, Vegetable, Mineral

Div 1, Div 2, Div 4

Fee, Fi, Fo

Left Ball, Penis, Right Ball

We let the winner of our toilet bowl choose the theme, then the top three seeds choose the actual division names based on that theme. (Each year we seed the divisions based on prior year finish)

This year's theme is "Rocky" so we have Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago

Star Wars the divisions conferences we use.

Empire Conference

- Imperial Division

- Republic Division

Rebel Conference

- Alliance Division

- Resistance Division

My league last year was the "Jotos Locos" with three divisions:

Bung Hole

Pie Hole

Glory Hole

This year we went with Tecmo Super Bowl Studs: Christian Okoye Division, Bo Jackson Division, Thurman Thomas Division.

Last year we went with famous celebrations: Ickey Shuffle Division, Lambeau Leap Division, and Dirty Bird Division.

Year before was RB Studs of Fantasy Past: Priest Holmes, Terrell Davis, and Marshall Faulk.

Some examples of divisions we've done in the past:

Snatch: Boris The Blade, Bullet-Tooth Tony, Franky Four Fingers

Family Guy: Cleveland Brown, Glen Quagmire, Joe Swanson

Anchorman: Brian Fantana, Champ Kind, Brick Tamland

Pulp Fiction: Jules Winfield, Vincent Vega, Winston Wolf

Caddyshack: Al Czervik, Carl Spackler, Judge Smails

Miami Vice: Sonny Crockett, Ricardo Tubbs, Martin Castillo

When I was in a redraft league, the divisons were renamed for the owner of the division winner the previous year.

Hell, Pergatory, Heaven

Deaf, Dumb, Blind

Ebony, Ivory, Everything else (coworker's idea)

Usually we just go east, west and central or something minimal.

Salt

Pepa

Spinderalla

Team Jacob

Team Edward

Team Twilight Is For Girls

Soaring Eagle said:
any thoughts?any good ones that relate to current events?
Freedom DivisionIndependence DivisionLiberty DivisionWalter Payton DivisionBarry Sanders DivisionRoger Craig DivisionVince Lombardi DivisionBill Walsh DivisionDon Coryell DivisionXFL DivisionUSFL DivisionUFL DivisionSilmarillion DivisionHobbit DivisionLord of the Rings Division (All teams have to pick a different Tolkien character to incorporate into team names)Gulf of Mexico DivisionBritish Petroleum DivisionIncompetent Government Response DivisionSons of Anarchy DivisionMayans DivisionLeague of American Nationalists Division

Name them after the best teams in the league:

Crazy8s

Crazy8s

Crazy8s

I think we should make this fun and have the division winners from last year name a division

Hamstring

ACL Tear

Turf Toe

Holdouts

No Shows

Has Beens

Army

Navy

Air Force

Blondes

Brunettes

Redheads