What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

drafting 1st early August? (1 Viewer)

I am new to FF 2nd year. (Don’t you guys take advantage of me to bad this year) I am curious as to why anybody would draft this early in the season in a high stakes league where you have to buy FAs. You could lose half your team or more before the season starts.

Also for the moderator is there a plan to go to a 3rd RR draft in the future or is there a reason not to? Its gonna make it a little harder on me to win this thing drafting from the 12 hole.

Thanks

Team 032 Wrecking Crew

I hope we can get some active smack going on the MB.

Good luck everybody.

I am new to FF 2nd year. (Don’t you guys take advantage of me to bad this year) I am curious as to why anybody would draft this early in the season in a high stakes league where you have to buy FAs. You could lose half your team or more before the season starts. Also for the moderator is there a plan to go to a 3rd RR draft in the future or is there a reason not to? Its gonna make it a little harder on me to win this thing drafting from the 12 hole.ThanksTeam 032 Wrecking Crew I hope we can get some active smack going on the MB.Good luck everybody.
For some it's simple math. There are only so many days to be able to get 20 - 25 teams drafted, so they have to start early. For others it's a chance to get players a little later than you might closer to the start of the season, once training camp battles have played out, starters are set, etc. As for 3RR, although I'm not the moderator, I can safely say NO, not gonna happen. You will be surprised at the variety of ways you can go from 12 due to the dual flex and 1.5 ppr for tes.

032s wrecking crew said:
I am new to FF 2nd year. (Don’t you guys take advantage of me to bad this year) I am curious as to why anybody would draft this early in the season in a high stakes league where you have to buy FAs. You could lose half your team or more before the season starts. Also for the moderator is there a plan to go to a 3rd RR draft in the future or is there a reason not to? Its gonna make it a little harder on me to win this thing drafting from the 12 hole.
1) Scheduling has different aspects for different players. Also don't forget many of these early drafters have one or two more teams they are drafting in this competition, so they may well be spacing them out.2) As fourd suggested some like to draft early when they feel they have a better handle where later people will catch up - for them this offsets the injury risk (which is there at ANY time you draft)3) If you want 3RR go over to Fanball and join the NFFC4) I would rather have #12 if I don't have a pick in the first six.

Users who are viewing this thread