What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Completed FBG Player Championship Drafts - How Was It? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I know we don't want to post results from the drafts until everyone has drafted. But for you guys that have drafted, can you give us some feedback on the experience?

Things we can do better to make the experience smoother / more fun / etc?

Questions from you guys with an upcoming draft or guys thinking about giving it a shot?

Thanks a ton to you guys that have already signed up. We're stoked to be offering this but this thing is all about you guys.

Let us know what you think.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done one draft and have 2 more coming up later in the month. I can tell you that the draft software worked perfectly and is very easy to use. Having a commish on-line in the draft is helpful and made it run very smooth with no worries about missing a pick. He also gives you his number in case you have an internet problem. We had one guy that twice didn't make his pick in the 2 minute time limit. The commish immediately paused the draft, got the guys pick in, and draft was restarted within 30 seconds. Honestly, I don't have any advice because I can't see how a draft could be run any better :lmao:

I had my draft on August 1st and I think it went great. The commish did a good job of keeping things running smoothly and the RTSports site did just about everything you wanted it to. It would be nice if there was a way to get a draft grid (either during or after the draft), but maybe that's something that can be added next season. I also didn't see a way to import the team into your rate my team app and that would be cool to have too. The other thing is that posts about the league seem to be disjointed. There are three different places to post: on the league page, here, or at FFPC. The Footballguys members seem to be mostly posting on the Footballguys boards and the FFPC regulars are posting on the FFPC boards and so far we have 1 or 2 posts on the league page. I guess everyone is posting where they feel most comfortable? It would be nice to have all that in one spot so I only have to write one post about how sick my team is.

Anyway, it was a great overall experience and I'll definitely be back again next year.

Team Legacy and I drafted (combo name of Hook's Legacy) Friday night in the draft that was broadcast on RedvsBlue on blogtalk radio. Likely many of you listened because there was a huge crowd and lots of comments in the chat room.

Dodds stopped by to comment and that really helped the show so if you didn't listen, find the home page and download the show - lots of entertainment plus good drafting information and comments.

The RTS draft room is pretty user friendly and worked fine - the only problems were due to one team not showing up for the draft and some cell/computer problems from another drafter, but they were solved and after a delay starting we still finished in under three hours :(

The draft was notable for one thing - a wide variety of approaches and draft plans, so for those of you considering something off key you can see how it worked and whether you still want to do it. BUT remember no two drafts are the same - in an earlier FBG PC draft the quarterbacks went pretty early, while in this one there was great value by waiting. AND while this was the best ADP you could get without being in a draft, just don't count on your draft being the same.

RTS was very good, Commish was Excellent. Draft board pretty easy to use

That said, they should add a draft grid for next season

Have to completely agree with Hook. I was skeptical when I first tried a mock or two on the site, but last night went off without a hitch. I didn't have any problems, but it was good to see the commish ready and able to step in to help out the team that was having connection issues.

There could be a few improvements such as needing a draft grid to see all the picks. Also, I'm not a fan of not being able to look ahead to see when your next pick is.

Other than that, though, pretty good for how quickly everything had to come together.

Have to completely agree with Hook. I was skeptical when I first tried a mock or two on the site, but last night went off without a hitch. I didn't have any problems, but it was good to see the commish ready and able to step in to help out the team that was having connection issues.There could be a few improvements such as needing a draft grid to see all the picks. Also, I'm not a fan of not being able to look ahead to see when your next pick is.Other than that, though, pretty good for how quickly everything had to come together.
You can go to the main site and pull up the rosters in grid format before the draft is over and keep refreshing it....

Have to completely agree with Hook. I was skeptical when I first tried a mock or two on the site, but last night went off without a hitch. I didn't have any problems, but it was good to see the commish ready and able to step in to help out the team that was having connection issues.There could be a few improvements such as needing a draft grid to see all the picks. Also, I'm not a fan of not being able to look ahead to see when your next pick is.Other than that, though, pretty good for how quickly everything had to come together.
You can go to the main site and pull up the rosters in grid format before the draft is over and keep refreshing it....
Good to know. Still would be nice to be able to see it in the draft room.

Joe thanks for asking. The only thing I would like is a slide bar in the Auto Draft Queue field. If you want to load up more than 12 or 13 players in order based on my own VBD they go off the bottom of the screen out of sight. The Players field and the draft board field both have the slide bar to look up or down. Thanks, Steve

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.

We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.

In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid'

:thumbup:

Thanks Guys. I agree that having a commish there for each draft is huge. You hope you never need it but it's nice to know he's there if something does go wrong.Thanks for the feedback. Please keep it going.J

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid' :goodposting:
Alex - that is all well and good, but unless you have a second computer handy and are NOT using it for help with the draft (which some do) it is almost impossible to keep the second window open and be able to refer to it while drafting, crossing players off a list, adding players to your draft queue etc.It IS already available on other sites in the draft room, so RTS should be able to implement for next year - and if they use a little extra energy to have it automatically color-coded they will be ahead of the competition and draw even more thanks from the drafters.

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid' :mellow:
Alex - that is all well and good, but unless you have a second computer handy and are NOT using it for help with the draft (which some do) it is almost impossible to keep the second window open and be able to refer to it while drafting, crossing players off a list, adding players to your draft queue etc.It IS already available on other sites in the draft room, so RTS should be able to implement for next year - and if they use a little extra energy to have it automatically color-coded they will be ahead of the competition and draw even more thanks from the drafters.
I can only speak with 100% certainly about FFPC & FPC matters but we have relayed the message about the draft grid to the guys at RTSports and I'm sure they will take it into consideration for 2011.

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid' :thumbup:
I can only speak with 100% certainly about FFPC & FPC matters but we have relayed the message about the draft grid to the guys at RTSports and I'm sure they will take it into consideration for 2011.
Alex, With all due respect #### "taking it into consideration for 2011" with 13 months this need to happen and the FFPC needs to demand it happens.

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid' :rolleyes:
As much as I'd love to see this feature as well, as a software enginner, you have to understand these things take time even if they agree it's a good feature. You don't want them rushing it, it ended up half-assed and breaking the rest of the draft room. I doubt it would be ready before all the drafts are completed anyway.I can only speak with 100% certainly about FFPC & FPC matters but we have relayed the message about the draft grid to the guys at RTSports and I'm sure they will take it into consideration for 2011.
Alex, With all due respect #### "taking it into consideration for 2011" with 13 months this need to happen and the FFPC needs to demand it happens.
As much as I'd like to see this feature as well, as a software engineer, I know stuff like that takes time. You don't want them to rush it and it end up half-assed, or worse breaking the rest of the draft room. Given how long these things take, i doubt it would be ready before the drafts are done anyway.

damn you guys are a little demanding, it is a good idea but you can manage for this year by tracking the rosters on a piece of paper. Your fellow leaguemates are using the same software

had my 2nd one last night, again it went pretty smooth. The on-line commish is what makes all the difference. My drafts have averaged about 3 hours so far. Players have all been friendly and the live chat during the draft is always entertaining :thumbup:

FLAWLESS night with the RTS software. Very impressed with the draft room.

I used the Dominator on one screen to keep track of my picks and for the color coded draft grid. I don't want the RTS ADP causing me to miss guys I shouldn't.

It was a blast and I'll definitely be back next year!

Guys, thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more so keep it coming.We are making note of the suggestions for improvements of the RTSports Live Draft room and will present it to them at some point. The draft room is set for the 2010 season and is functioning flawlessly but I'm sure the guys at RTSports take your suggestions under consideration for the 2011 season.In reference to having a roster grid, while it is not available in the draft room, one can be opened through the league page. It needs to be refreshed manually but will function very well. It can be found by going to 'Reports' --> 'Rosters' --> 'Grid' :lmao:
As much as I'd love to see this feature as well, as a software enginner, you have to understand these things take time even if they agree it's a good feature. You don't want them rushing it, it ended up half-assed and breaking the rest of the draft room. I doubt it would be ready before all the drafts are completed anyway.I can only speak with 100% certainly about FFPC & FPC matters but we have relayed the message about the draft grid to the guys at RTSports and I'm sure they will take it into consideration for 2011.
As much as I'd like to see this feature as well, as a software engineer, I know stuff like that takes time. You don't want them to rush it and it end up half-assed, or worse breaking the rest of the draft room. Given how long these things take, i doubt it would be ready before the drafts are done anyway.
Maybe people are misunderstanding me. I'm talking about 2011 May

I had a draft Tuesday night (8.17.10) and Thursday night (8.19.7). The Tuesday night was a really good experience, no hiccups at all with the site and everybody drafted in good time. However, Thursday night we had an owner drop off and it took 20 minutes to get him back online and get things situated, the site froze on me twice and had to restart, and the draft dragged for 3.5 hours. However, the online Commish did a good job keeping everyone informed and keeping things going. Overall, I have been very happy with the leagues so far. One more draft to go!

The one thing I don't like about the RTSports draft room is it is clunky to organize your rankings of players. Ideally when you drag someone from the main ADP lists to the draft order, they would show up as having been moved somehow. It would also be nice to organize each individual category (ie...QB, RB, WR, etc) individually, as well as on a large overall list.

We added the draft grid about a week ago (I know, a little late for you guys....) If you go into your draft and select the draft board tab you will see a black icon with a grid on it. Click on the icon and the draft grid will pop up in a different window. Check it out and let us know what you think!

I'm sure this isn't posted in the right spot, but I have a league management suggestion that I I think would be very helpful. When you go into Reports>Top Players it would be great if you could add the league's teams to the drop-down menu which now only includes "All Players" and "Free Agents." When I'm looking over my roster at players to drop, I like to see their weekly production compared to my other players and using the team capsule doesn't give you a great view of this particularly if you’ve recently added players to your roster. I know you can sort the Top Players list by "Current FFL" to group the teams together, but I've found that the view doesn't include all players from your team and most importantly, doesn't include the players who are performing poorly that I want to drop.

Thanks,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread