What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN League Manager question RE: Free Agent Auction (1 Viewer)

jbz

Footballguy
I have a question for anyone who has used EPSN League Manager since my league has moved to ESPN this year. We want to set up a free agent auction style add/drop system. It gives the option to run this on every day of the week. Ideally we would like to run it twice a week on Tues and Wed, then after that have add/drops be done as a open free agent style. Is this possible? If I set it to run the auction on Tues and Wed, what happens on Thurs, Fri and Sat? There could also be a scenario where someone uses all their free agent auction dollars as well. How would these owners add players?

I have a question for anyone who has used EPSN League Manager since my league has moved to ESPN this year. We want to set up a free agent auction style add/drop system. It gives the option to run this on every day of the week. Ideally we would like to run it twice a week on Tues and Wed, then after that have add/drops be done as a open free agent style. Is this possible? If I set it to run the auction on Tues and Wed, what happens on Thurs, Fri and Sat? There could also be a scenario where someone uses all their free agent auction dollars as well. How would these owners add players?
Experimenting with the league I manage for the first time myself (it is a new feature to ESPN for 2010). Unfortunately what you are describing, which I would also love for it to be the case, doesn't happen. Essentially the way it will work is the period between the Weds bids processing and the following Tues bids processing becomes one big long period for bids. So if you use their default of Mon, Weds, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun at 12pm EST, if you have a player scratch last minute of a Sunday 4PM EST game and you need to pluck a FA from the pool to plug in (say IDP or you have no depth), you can't because technically you are in the "bid period" which will next process on Monday at 12PM EST.If someone uses all their FA dollars and you have the minimum bid amount set to anything but $0, then they can't do anything (The commish can adjust their free agent balance and give them more $ if that can be justified). If minimum bid is set to $0 then they can bid on players and just hope no one else puts in an amount.That's the way I understand this system so far, hopefully they overhaul it and give it some more robust features for 2011.

ah, that kinda sucks. I was afraid of that. Sportsline has the same limitation, but it allowed the commish to switch add/drop methods from FAAB to open add/drops and it wouldn't forget each user's auction dollar balance when we switched back and forth. This would allow for the last second add before games and for guys with $0, they could still add players, but would have to wait until everyone else got to go through the bid process. I wonder if ESPN would do that. I guess I could manually keep track of everyone's bid dollars, but will ESPN let me adjust it after the fact....one way to find out I guess.

Thanks for the reply, was very helpful. I might call ESPNs fantasy hotline to get confirmation. I'll update if I do.

ah, that kinda sucks. I was afraid of that. Sportsline has the same limitation, but it allowed the commish to switch add/drop methods from FAAB to open add/drops and it wouldn't forget each user's auction dollar balance when we switched back and forth. This would allow for the last second add before games and for guys with $0, they could still add players, but would have to wait until everyone else got to go through the bid process. I wonder if ESPN would do that. I guess I could manually keep track of everyone's bid dollars, but will ESPN let me adjust it after the fact....one way to find out I guess. Thanks for the reply, was very helpful. I might call ESPNs fantasy hotline to get confirmation. I'll update if I do.
Please do update if you find anything out from them. I will be adding the items discussed here to my end of season list of stuff I give to ESPN in their survey hoping they implement (still no INT or FR return yards for IDPs....)

Incidentally, MFL can do this. We have blind bidding waivers on Wednesday and Saturday noon, then after noon, first come first serve regular waivers through MNF, with players being locked once their NFL game starts. Then bidding reopens after the start of MNF for the next Wednesday bidding waiver. And we can also make it so any dropped players have to go through a bidding session before they can be picked up in FCFS.

Users who are viewing this thread