What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nate Davis (1 Viewer)

rowdywalker

Footballguy
I know Waldman is high on this kid's potential yet all I hear from reports are he will only ever be a backup.

We all know the learning problems so I am concerned if he has to change teams and at the time it will take him to learn the system. He also seems to be a poor practice guy yet turns it on during a game. I didn't watch the preseason game but his numbers were OK. It was said that he looked impressive last preseason. I suppose what I am asking, as I have him as a developmental QB in a number of leagues, what are the chances of him making it and are others waiting and hoping or are they moving on to someone else?

I know Waldman is high on this kid's potential yet all I hear from reports are he will only ever be a backup.We all know the learning problems so I am concerned if he has to change teams and at the time it will take him to learn the system. He also seems to be a poor practice guy yet turns it on during a game. I didn't watch the preseason game but his numbers were OK. It was said that he looked impressive last preseason. I suppose what I am asking, as I have him as a developmental QB in a number of leagues, what are the chances of him making it and are others waiting and hoping or are they moving on to someone else?
I've heard comparisons to JaMarcus Russell... just not as strong... but a little bit smarter.(this is not a compliment)

per Michael Lombardi of NFLN (via twitter):

'Hearing in the next hour 49ers will formally release QB Nate Davis formerly of Ball State...'

The guy must be a real pain in the ### to deal with because definitely showed he has some potential on the field.

I remember Nate Davis playing in a game against Rutgers a few years ago and he shred them apart. I also vaguely remember him throwing a 65 yard bomb in this year's preseason. I'm not sure if he'll ever be an NFL starter, but he definitely has potential.

The guy must be a real pain in the ### to deal with because definitely showed he has some potential on the field.
Apparently the work ethic just wasn't there, which is shocking for a guy who should have had a chip on his shoulder coming into the league.

Apparently the work ethic just wasn't there, which is shocking for a guy who should have had a chip on his shoulder coming into the league.
I don't think it is attitude or work ethic; it is well documented that he has a moderate to severe learning disability. That obviously does not help with the speed/decision making at the NFL level. I think you have to give him credit for making it as far as he did. A lot of the larger colleges in the Midwest didn't even give him a chance to be a college QB, which is how he ended up at Ball State.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is attitude or work ethic; it is well documented that he has a moderate to severe learning disability. That obviously does not help with the speed/decision making at the NFL level. I think you have to give him credit for making it as far as he did. A lot of the larger colleges in the Midwest didn't even give him a chance to be a college QB, which is how he ended up at Ball State.
Singletary ripped him for his work ethic (or, more precisely, the lack thereof) a couple of weeks ago and Davis more or less agreed with the assessment. I wasn't speculating. The lack of work ethic given the factors you mentioned is what surprised me; he knows he needs to work harder to make it and he didn't.

:football: this is factual.
Singletary ripped him for his work ethic (or, more precisely, the lack thereof) a couple of weeks ago and Davis more or less agreed with the assessment. I wasn't speculating. The lack of work ethic given the factors you mentioned is what surprised me; he knows he needs to work harder to make it and he didn't.

:goodposting: Yep. He needed to work harder. He didn't.

I know Waldman is high on this kid's potential yet all I hear from reports are he will only ever be a backup.We all know the learning problems so I am concerned if he has to change teams and at the time it will take him to learn the system. He also seems to be a poor practice guy yet turns it on during a game. I didn't watch the preseason game but his numbers were OK. It was said that he looked impressive last preseason. I suppose what I am asking, as I have him as a developmental QB in a number of leagues, what are the chances of him making it and are others waiting and hoping or are they moving on to someone else?
I've heard comparisons to JaMarcus Russell... just not as strong... but a little bit smarter.(this is not a compliment)
The year he came out I watched a QB challenge, and he threw the ball 66 yds, Ben Roethlisbeger threw the ball 62 yds and Carson Palmer 65 yds in a similar challenge Id say he has a very strong arm.

That's a hard call. However his arm is amazing. He actually grew up his entire life about 5 minutes away from me. His high school team is our biggest rival.

This was simply jaw dropping.

The year he came out I watched a QB challenge, and he threw the ball 66 yds, Ben Roethlisbeger threw the ball 62 yds and Carson Palmer 65 yds in a similar challenge Id say he has a very strong arm.
was this the challenge where JaMarcus Russell threw the ball 80 yards from his knees?

There were a few feel good stories when he signed with the Colts but with his release I think this is the end of the line. Athletically very talented but other issues seemed to be his nemesis.

I saw him play in a preseason game with the 49ers and he did well with a rocket of an arm. I wish someone would give the kid a shot in the NFL season. I really want to see what he can do. As bad as the 49ers are and have been at QB, I didn't see why he didn't get a shot. I have only seen him a little, but like what I saw. Not sure if he is even #2 on the depth chart in Indy.

Users who are viewing this thread