What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL 2 (2 Viewers)

3.4 QB Matt Schaub HOU

may be a little high for him to go here but if I try to wait until it comes back to me in another 25ish picks for a QB, I'm going to wind up with a bum.

3.4 QB Matt Schaub HOUmay be a little high for him to go here but if I try to wait until it comes back to me in another 25ish picks for a QB, I'm going to wind up with a bum.
I almost drafted him right before you, I had to talk myself down, I've taken Qb's earlier than normal this year in drafts due to the fact that I just think people are letting them go a little longer, at least in the ones I've been in. So here, I wasn't taking a QB even though I had to say to myself the entire time " I'm not going to do it, I'm not going to do it" but there wasn't a ton on the board as far as value that I could see so I took the shot with Rice, someone who could certainly crack the top 10 at WR t his year if all the news surrounding him and Farve is just preseason hype.

3.3 Sydney Rice, WR Vikings

Have to believe his WR ADP now that Farve is most likely back will creep back inside the top 10 as long as we don't hear more negative info about his health.
"What happened in one preseason game to move him 20+ spots?" :goodposting:
LOL nothing, I just rubbed my crystal ball. That sprinkled in with a little common sense that Farve is now back and news of him starting to feel better, I can see him creeping back in to my top 10 anyway. There were already 10 or 11 WRs taken, so what the hell, why not. I wasn't in love with any of the guys at WR that were left on the board at this stage so S. Rice (how's that Hook) to the pro bowl!

So Bass why Brady over Schaub??? Id rather have Schaub. discuss
Two reasons, one not particularily good.1) I drafted Schaub in ultimate survivor and I'm superstitious. If I had taken him in both leagues he would have laid an egg in week 2 and eliminated my in both. I also think I got Schuab on my SSL team.2) Basically I see them as a push. Brady has an earlier bye which I like in this format. Most believe that Brady will have more passing TDs while Schuab will rack up the yardage. I think Brady will have more variation in his weekly point totals and Schaub will be more consistant. Given that I'll likely have a back up QB I wanted the selection that had higher weekly upside. Moss/Welker/Edelman/Tate seem more explosive than AJ/Walter/Jones/Daniels. Speaking of Daniels, he's a potential consideration at the 4/5 turn so I didn't want Schuab's bye at this pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Bass why Brady over Schaub??? Id rather have Schaub. discuss
Two reasons, one not particularily good.1) I drafted Schaub in ultimate survivor and I'm superstitious. If I had taken him in both leagues he would have laid an egg in week 2 and eliminated my in both. I also think I got Schuab on my SSL team.2) Basically I see them as a push. Brady has an earlier bye which I like in this format. Most believe that Brady will have more passing TDs while Schuab will rack up the yardage. I think Brady will have more variation in his weekly point totals and Schaub will be more consistant. Given that I'll likely have a back up QB I wanted the selection that had higher weekly upside. Moss/Welker/Edelman/Tate seem more explosive than AJ/Walter/Jones/Daniels. Speaking of Daniels, he's a potential consideration at the 4/5 turn so I didn't want Schuab's bye at this pick.
hedging bets is a valid reason. But can bite you in the ###, I passed on CJohnson because of that very reason in a league. You rank players higher for a reason. In my own personal rankings Ive got Schaub higher.

sorry some serious puter issues

3.09 Chris Wells, NFC West Defending Champion ARIZONA CARDINALS

pming SFax

3.3 Sydney Rice, WR Vikings

Have to believe his WR ADP now that Farve is most likely back will creep back inside the top 10 as long as we don't hear more negative info about his health.
"What happened in one preseason game to move him 20+ spots?" :thumbup:
Well I can answer your question but still haven't got an answer to mine.
There's a pretty good chance that the majority of this group is using the updated FBG's rankings as evidenced by the latest Draft Dom release.It's a classic example of herd mentality based on the common shared perception.

Example: Correll Buckhalter is ranked as the #39 RB with an ADP 0f 10.01. The information I've got on Buckhalter shows him as the #294 ADP with a HIGH Draft of #133.

Now, we've got an obvious point of departure here with a chance for a serious error: his high rank from my source coincides with ADP from the FBG's rankings. Somehow, someway, the FBG's rankings ("the consensus from the 20 top writers") appears to have an obvious error....or, Buckhalter is a serious value at the 250+ ADP range.

Does that explain your answer? You are a victim of narrow vision, of "common shared perception" if you blindly follow those DD rankings.

Common shared perception is what led to the mortgage crises: USA housing never goes down in value, remember?

:tumbleweed:

PLEASE

New thread for comments/questions/discussion - feel free to move those here to that thread

Let's keep this thread for just draft picks (yeah that means go back and Delete them)

For Rad

4.02: Jay Cutler, QB, CHI

For ME, probably nuts, but...

4.03: Johnathan Stewart, RB, CAR

locking up the entire CAR running game.

I just want to give a big :finger: to the end of this draft and your RB whoring philosophies this past round(s).

4.07 Joseph Addai, RB IND

pm sent to BSS

so one whole pick? and I did a friggin twelve inning game? que paso amigos? GET THE LEAD OUT!

4.08 Hakeem Nicks, WR, NYG

pming BSS who is obviously not around since I sent him that pick almost five hours ago

Being of sound mind:

At the 4:16: Terrell Owens, WR-CIN , and

At the 5.01: Jonny KnoX, WR-CHI.

:X okay I guess we all go watch one of the pre-season games and try again later :rolleyes:

at some point WE (that is all of us, not a directed comment) are going to have to address getting this thing caught up - we are going to have to do more than a round per day (including weekends) to finish before the end of the month

Users who are viewing this thread