What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warrick Dunn going on IR most likely... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyWord

Footballguy
Sorry I can't provide a link and a more definitive diagnosis, but according to those on the AF.com Message Board who did listen to it, this is what he stated.FYI.

Falcons | Dunn Injury Update - from www.KFFL.comMon, 24 Nov 2003 08:02:34 -0800Updating previous reports, Matt Winkeljohn, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons RB Warrick Dunn (foot) suffered a sprained left foot in Sunday's, Nov. 23, game against the Tennessee Titans. X-rays were negative, but he is expected to undergo further testing on Monday, Nov. 24. "I don't know how serious that is," head coach Dan Reeves said. "It didn't look good because I think he had hurt it earlier in the game. He stayed out there and reinjured it."

Sorry I can't provide a link and a more definitive diagnosis, but according to those on the AF.com Message Board who did listen to it, this is what he stated.FYI.
Abercrombie and Fitch? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, it obviously a more serious injury than most thought, but who "officially" said anything about going on IR?

As a duckett owner this is VERY good news. Dunn was doing nothing but breathing my air as far as i was concerned. He was "foiling" my plans for victory!! Now he is being punished!! :lol:

Earlier this year I could barely find a RB worth starting... had to put Dunn AND Duckett out there one week - naturally it was the week they both got totally shut down. :wall: Traded Dunn before the deadline and voila'... out for the season. Bummer - I like him quite a bit so was glad to see him coming thru for the guy who got him from me. Still, not all is lost - Edge is back, Bennett is rounding into form, Dillon's breathing again and now this good news for Duckett! My RB situation looks pretty darn good. And just in time for the playoffs too. :thumbup: Just stopping by to gloat - carry on.

FYI Dunn is not being put on the IR yet, this is all speculation stemming from the press conference with Reeves. His exact words were:

Q: Do you have an update on Warrick’s injury?

Dan Reeves: All I know is it’s a mid-foot strain, whether it’s a ligament or capsule in your foot, with little bones there that could be a problem. I don’t know exactly, I just know it’s his left foot. But what exactly it is, I don’t know. And I don’t know if they’ll know exactly until they do the foot tests this afternoon.

Additional Quotes from Reeves' Press Conference:

Injury-wise, of course it looks bad for Warrick. He’ll have a foot exam this afternoon to know for sure, but there’s a chance that he could miss the rest of the season with that injury. We won’t know for sure until they look at the pictures; they’ll take of it. Another injury that came up, apparently after the touchdown by Frank Wycheck, Bryan Scott injured his knee. He’s listed as doubtful right now. There’s some swelling in his knee, so they’ll do an MRI to try and see what’s exactly there and of course McCadam, Dunbar and Vick are doubtful as well until we see what happens on Wednesday.

link below:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/gameday/003/993/

Sprained foot doesn't seem like IR material... but maybe Dunn is a McNair.
As a Dunn owner who is advancing to the playoffs with Edge but no other reliable #2 RB, I can truly say I'm now experiencing "the agony of da' feet." :wall:

you didn't see this coming? this dude is always getting hurt. i guess i was right when i said dunn is done. sorry duke 21. :)

you didn't see this coming? this dude is always getting hurt. i guess i was right when i said dunn is done. sorry duke 21. :)
Dunn may be many things, but he's far from "always getting hurt."He's played in 102 of 108 games in his career, matches up against just about any tailback in the league, and quite a bit better than some guys we tout as studs.Cheers

Dunn may be many things, but he's far from "always getting hurt."He's played in 102 of 108 games in his career, matches up against just about any tailback in the league, and quite a bit better than some guys we tout as studs.Cheers
Be careful. We wouldn't want to let a little thing like "the facts" to get in the way everyone's "I told you so" posts on this board. :rolleyes:

well he's hurt and will probably miss the rest of this season, he missed a game last season,and he missed three games the year before that. that is not a very good 3-year trend. and for whatever reason this great player has not started and played an entire season. i hope people traded him when he was hot. if not oh well. :)

I want to premise this with - I KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON WITH DUNN!I just wanted to throw out this idea - I think an injury described as a sprained left foot leave open the door for a lisfranc sprain (am I spelling/remembering that right).You know, the injury that kept Hearst out, Duce Staley out - has Bobby Taylor out. I would imagine, until they do some test and read some X-Rays/MRI's, this type of injury would be classified as a foot sprain.Just a thought.

well he's hurt and will probably miss the rest of this season, he missed a game last season,and he missed three games the year before that. that is not a very good 3-year trend. and for whatever reason this great player has not started and played an entire season. i hope people traded him when he was hot. if not oh well. :)
You mean he missed 1 whole game last year, three games the year before that, and has missed a total of approximately 6 games since 1997? And I didn't foresee a potential season ending injury happening in Week 12? What in the heck was I thinking??????????? :no: :rolleyes: :yucky:

'ghosttothe]You mean he missed 1 whole game last year said:
common sense guy. he's a little man so if he gets too much carries stuff like this happens and what happens the last two years. i just hope that you traded him. if not oh well. :)

common sense guy. he's a little man so if he gets too much carries stuff like this happens and what happens the last two years. i just hope that you traded him. if not oh well. :)
Like Vick. Correct?

what in the world are you talking about? :rotflmao: dunn hardly ever gets hurt

Just like Barry Sanders and his "injury-plagued" career? :rotflmao:

[QUOTE='ghosttothe]Just like Barry Sanders and his "injury-plagued" career? :rotflmao:
[/QUOTE] :confused: clarify please. dunn's missed time each of the last three seasons. when did this happen to barry sanders.

I gotta tell ya, I usually disagree with matrix, but on this one....oh wait, I disagree here too, carry on.

:confused: clarify please. dunn's missed time each of the last three seasons. when did this happen to barry sanders.
I'll do it for him,Sanders played in 101 of his first 108 games, whereas Dunn played in 102.Cheers

:confused: clarify please. dunn's missed time each of the last three seasons. when did this happen to barry sanders.
Umm, methinks the fact that Barry didn't miss time due to injury was the point.

"Paging Mr. Matrix""Mr. Matrix, clue on aisle 5. Repeat: Get a clue on aisle 5". :thumbdown:

he missed a whole bunch of games that one season but other than that he was healthy and he started like 85 straight games to end his career. can dunn say that? :)

he missed a whole bunch of games that one season but other than that he was healthy and he started like 85 straight games to end his career. can dunn say that? :)
We don't know, Dunn's career isn't over yet :wall:

"Paging Mr. Matrix""Mr. Matrix, clue on aisle 5. Repeat: Get a clue on aisle 5". :thumbdown:
what did i say that was wrong? so far nobody's giving me anything. isn't dunn injured now? hasn't he missed time each of the last 2 seasons? has he ever started a full season? please answer these questions before you criticize me.

Public service announcement to the uninitiated: matrix offers no value or insight, ignore him and he'll go away.

As for the Dunn situation, there is not any public knowledge on Warrick's status other than Reeves saying that he "could" miss the rest of the season, so plenty of specualtion is about all that can occur until we learn more. Assuming that Dunn is out the rest of the way he will be replaced by Duckett, who is averaging 4.2 a carry with 7 TD's, and he's also averaging 8.1 per reception. Here's his remaining schedule:

@Houston

Carolina

@Indy

@Tampa Bay

Jacksonville

If you have Duckett, or could get him AND Dunn does miss the rest of the year, the schedule isn't horrible considering that Duckett had a great game versus Carolina already this season and he is the kind of RB that has killed Tampa Bay this year- which coincides with most leagues Super Bowl in week16.

that's not what i meant. he hasn't put a streak like that together is what i meant. and he probably won't. :)

what did i say that was wrong? so far nobody's giving me anything. isn't dunn injured now? hasn't he missed time each of the last 2 seasons? has he ever started a full season? please answer these questions before you criticize me.
Just curious - what RB would you pimp that has not missed any time the last two seasons?Are those the only RB's you are willing to draft?You remind me of someone who had A.D.D. and forgot to take his ridilin or sold it for money instead.

Public service announcement to the uninitiated: matrix offers no value or insight, ignore him and he'll go away.
like talking about duckett in a thread about dunn right? guess done owners'll pick him up off the waiver wire right? :)

Dunn's career:1997 played all 16 games.1998 played all 16 games.1999 played 15 games (missed 1)2000 played all 16 games.2001 played 13 games (missed 3)2002 played 15 games (missed 1) 2003 so far, played all 11 games (will probably miss time).Not too bad. Very few backs have played more games over the last 7 years.

"Paging Mr. Matrix""Mr. Matrix, clue on aisle 5.  Repeat:  Get a clue on aisle 5". :thumbdown:
Just curious - what RB would you pimp that has not missed any time the last two seasons?Are those the only RB's you are willing to draft?You remind me of someone who had A.D.D. and forgot to take his ridilin or sold it for money instead.
answer this for me please. has warrick done ever started and played a full 16-game schedule? there is your answer my friend. :)

answer this for me please. has warrick done ever started and played a full 16-game schedule? there is your answer my friend. :)
the guys above you has matrix

Dunn's career:1997 played all 16 games.1998 played all 16 games.1999 played 15 games (missed 1)2000 played all 16 games.2001 played 13 games (missed 3)2002 played 15 games (missed 1) 2003 so far, played all 11 games (will probably miss time).Not too bad. Very few backs have played more games over the last 7 years.
so he isn't the youngest back either. also if he's such a model of health why hasn't done started more than 15 games in a season. surely it wasn't because alstott was lighting it up.

Jason, please consider my request to add an additional smiley involving a brick wall. Except in this one, the smiley would be talking to the brick wall instead of bashing his head against it. Just seems like it would be invaluable to use in discussions like this one.

Examples (Dunn has missed 5 games):Curtis Martin has missed 4 games in 7 years.Eddie George has never missed a game!Marshall has missed 11 games in the same span.Emmitt had missed 3 games during this span (until this year), now he is up to 9 games.

Matrix - feel free to draft only running backs next year that have played all 16 games every season during their careers. Good luck.Dunn clearly is NOT injury prone with the numbers listed by superbowlchampion.

so he isn't the youngest back either. also if he's such a model of health why hasn't done started more than 15 games in a season. surely it wasn't because alstott was lighting it up.
Matrix-It's D-U-N-N and not "done". lolAnd he has finished all 16 games. lay off whatever it is you're doing.

Examples (Dunn has missed 5 games):
Curtis Martin has missed 4 games in 7 years.
including none in the last 5 seasons .he's started 85 straight.
Eddie George has never missed a game!
he's a warrior no question about that. the carries seem to have taken their toll however.
Marshall has missed 11 games in the same span.
don't ever remember saying that he wasn't injury prone. the carries seem to have gotten to him also even though he's playing well.
Emmitt had missed 3 games during this span (until this year), now he is up to 9 games.
he's at the sunset of his career so he's not the best example to use.the bottom line is all of you can criticize and resort to name-calling and that's fine but you still haven't proved me wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread