What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting WR-WR-WR in PPR (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team PPR league with the #8 pick in the first round. In my league, you only have to start 1 RB any given week. After doing several mocks I keep finding it "easy" to go WR-WR-WR in the first three rounds.

For example:

RD 1: #8: A. Johnson/R. Moss -- Solid picks in PPR. Don't want any part of S. Jackson or M. Turner.

RD 2: #17: Miles Austin/Calvin Johnson/R. White -- Still talking elite WRs at this point. Don't like Mendenhall here. Don't like D. Williams either who could split carries.

RD 3: #32: C. Johnson/G. Jennings/L. Fitz/Steve Smith (Car) -- Lot of elite WRs are slipping here. Especially Fitz who could start getting undervalued. In between picks 17 and 32, A LOT of people are reaching for RBs who are in iffy situations:

* S. Greene -- doesn't catch the ball; history of injury; LT there

* R. Mathews -- Rookie; all touches but does he catch

* R. Grant -- Solid but unspectacular; doesn't catch ball

* J. Charles -- T. Jones looms

* B. Wells -- Offense questionable; Hightower still there

* P. Thomas -- Maybe 200 carries; Bush there; Payton will find another goal line back to replace Hamilton

So, I'm just finding it hard as hell to draft a RB when there are elite WRs with serious upside staring me in the face. I can't find one reason why I should draft any of these RBs over the WRs that are available.

Why "reach" for a RB early here when there are plenty of them later (i.e. M. Bush, M. Barber, F. Jackson, J. Forsett, A. Foster, etc.) with equal risk / upside? Especially when it's pretty clear that the NFL is turning pass happy while at the same time RBBC dominates.

And this is coming from a guy that used to be a RB-RB guy for years.

Feel like a major change is taking place this year. And why fight it.

Somebody give me a reason why one of these RBs should be drafted and this strategy should be avoided.

Thanks.

KY

1) This post is in the WRONG Forum - go to Assisant Coach section and post it there and you will get more answers, and

2) Post your leagues' scoring and lineup requirements

If you're in a ppr league where Fitz is falling to the 3rd round, draft a kicker in the 1st round to give the pre-schoolers a fighting chance.

Users who are viewing this thread