What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL 1 Cumulative Survivor Offial Draft Thread.... (1 Viewer)

Of course I'll go on the clock right at the time of my only meeting of the day. Jumping in a few minutes early.

18.11 QB Dennis Dixon, Pittsburgh Steelers

please pm next at appropriate time.

18.01 - Twilight - Crayton

18.02 - BroadwayG - Clev D

18.03 - Nugget - Timed out at 9:30 - Benn

18.04 - Aaron Rudnicki - Timed out at 10:00

18.05 - Sinrman - Timed out at 10:30

18.06 - valance - Timed out at 11:00

18.07 - bostonfred - Timed out at 11:30

18.08 - BassNBrew - Matt Bryant

18.09 - Reaper - Hanson

18.10 - Go DC Yourself - Timed out at 12:03

18.11 - Duckboy - Dennis Dixon

18.12 - renesauz - Timed out at 12:33

18.13 - Unlucky - on the clock

18.14 - Norseman -

18.15 - Stinkin Ref -

18.16 - Shadowfax

pm sent to Unlucky

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched for Denver and for Broncos and it looks like they're still there, so I'm done. Thanks everyone for a great draft, and particularly thanks Bass as always for getting this going and Twilight as always for running this.

I don't have the slightest idea who is up now or who, if anyone, to PM. I got a PM when I was on deck, but didn't know the clock was at :30, and didn't get a PM when I was up. I assume everyone has been PMed who needs to be?

wow....i realize we went to a 30 minute clock, but it should be obvious that's just too short. I was ten+ picks away before i left for class this AM (just 4 hours ago). 4 picks away only an hour and a half before i was timed out?

pick in a few, as soon as I can figure out this mess.

18.07 - bostonfred - Timed out at 11:30

18.09 - Reaper - Hanson

18.10 - Go DC Yourself - Timed out at 12:03

Sorry....this is in no way fair. Fred times out at 11:30...and the guy three picks later times out THIRTY THREE MINUTES LATER????? The guy five picks later times out in just sixty three minutes???!!!!

:lmao: at :cry: in the 18th round of a 16 team draft
Not the point. This last round has turned into a free for all clustr%@#^$...and it wasn't necessary. For future referance, a 30 minute clock is impractical...too short regardless of the need to finish quickly.

:hophead: at :cry: in the 18th round of a 16 team draft
Not the point. This last round has turned into a free for all clustr%@#^$...and it wasn't necessary. For future referance, a 30 minute clock is impractical...too short regardless of the need to finish quickly.
Everyone was notified last night so the PM a list option was available. Needed to finish today as tonite's games could impact a late round flyer so getting done was necessary. Plus Twilight still has to get these entered in his spare time. If wanyone that critical was hanging out there, they should have been drafted in the 17th.eta - Completion today was made clear last week.

:unsure: at :cry: in the 18th round of a 16 team draft
Everyone was notified last night so the PM a list option was available. Needed to finish today as tonite's games could impact a late round flyer so getting done was necessary. Plus Twilight still has to get these entered in his spare time. If wanyone that critical was hanging out there, they should have been drafted in the 17th.eta - Completion today was made clear last week.
Bass gets my full support here. Yes, a 30 minute clock is ridiculous, but there isn't much choice to get it done today. PM lists would still work. to finish it off.And as a note, there won't be the 8 hr clock post draft for any makeup picks. The official close for picks will be kickoff of tonight's game.

I don't really get the complaints rene. its the last round of a draft that needs to get done today. did you really get sniped because of the 30 min clock?

I'll go with the Seattle Seahawks DEF for my missed pick.

And I remember seeing BnB mention a 30 minute clock. Very difficult to work with, but I see the necessity of it, seeing as to how the first game is TONIGHT. You HAVE to have the

picks all in by then for reasons given by several others in this thread. So I don't mind.. it's the 18th round anyway, so I don't see it making a big difference in the grand scheme of

things.

18.01 - Twilight - Crayton

18.02 - BroadwayG - Clev D

18.03 - Nugget - Timed out at 9:30 - Benn

18.04 - Aaron Rudnicki - Timed out at 10:00 - Lindell

18.05 - Sinrman - Timed out at 10:30 LAST PICK NEEDED

18.06 - valance - Timed out at 11:00 - Jared Cook

18.07 - bostonfred - Timed out at 11:30 - Denver D

18.09 - Reaper - Hanson

18.10 - Go DC Yourself - Timed out at 12:03 - Max Hall

18.11 - Duckboy - Dennis Dixon

18.12 - renesauz - Timed out at 12:33 - KC Def

18.13 - Unlucky - Roscoe Parrish

18.14 - Norseman - Graham Gano

18.15 - Stinkin Ref - Seattle D

18.16 - Shadowfax - Robiske

I think everyone is good except to Sinrman. If for some reason he doesn't make a pick by 6, give him STL Def who should still be available.

:goodposting: at :lmao: in the 18th round of a 16 team draft
Bass gets my full support here. Yes, a 30 minute clock is ridiculous, but there isn't much choice to get it done today. PM lists would still work. to finish it off.And as a note, there won't be the 8 hr clock post draft for any makeup picks. The official close for picks will be kickoff of tonight's game.
It's really not worth a big argument...I understand WHY we were pushing. I take a lot of pride in being punctual and responsible in these things, and I'm not happy to have "timed out".Looking at the way things unfolded (this is in hindsight grant you), NOBODY should ever "time out" only 63 minutes after the guy who timed out five picks earlier. The same logic which dictated that a couple timeouts was no big deal in the 18th also dictates that the only significant advantage anyone would have gained by picking after kickoff was if a significant player suffered a season ending injury.

We had 12 hours to make about 14 picks. A one hour clock would have accomplished the purpose. I know I was ranting yesterday....I was a bit stressed getting ready for an organic chemistry test last night, and I apologize for that. I'm simply suggesting that we never use a clock so restrictive again....it's not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread