What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Boardwalk Empire thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks, you spoiling bastards!

:rant:
Why are you in this thread?
No clue why you're so interested but I was catching up on the stuff between last weeks episode and this weeks before I watch (like I do every week)...all of a sudden there's a huge spoiler without a warning or spoiler tag. Feel better now that you know?
If an episode has aired, it's fair game to discuss it in this thread. That's the assumption I've always operated under.

I stay out between whenever it airs on the East Coast and when I see it. :shrug:
Bingo.

I was also spoiled. I blame myself for coming in here, but I can't help reading what was going to happen. I'm too weak.

I know BE kind of became a fringe show (for good reason) around here, but can you imagine going into the Breaking Bad thread and starting to yell at everyone for blogging the last episode? There were more posts in that thread during the ending then the game thread of the super bowl in the shark pool.

I know BE kind of became a fringe show (for good reason) around here, but can you imagine going into the Breaking Bad thread and starting to yell at everyone for blogging the last episode? There were more posts in that thread during the ending then the game thread of the super bowl in the shark pool.
Yeah yeah, read my last few posts...I was pretty much just busting balls...I know better than to expect people to keep things under wraps around here, and when a few got their panties in a bunch I chummed the water a bit and caught my limit pretty quickly.

(may have been mentioned in this thread...)

check out the 1/2 hour HBO special "The Final Shot: A Farewell to Boardwalk Empire".

A puff piece but nice to see and hear the real actors out of character (Anatol Yusef, who plays Meyer Lansky, has a London boy accent! NEVER would've guess that).

check out the 1/2 hour HBO special "The Final Shot: A Farewell to Boardwalk Empire".

A puff piece but nice to see and hear the real actors out of character (Anatol Yusef, who plays Meyer Lansky, has a London boy accent! NEVER would've guess that).
:goodposting:

This was really interesting....thanks for posting.

There's also an eight minute short called an anatomy of a mob hit that's also worth watching (avail on hbo on demand)

Did you guys catch "The Final Shot: A Farewell to Boardwalk Empire"? It's a half-hour piece which airs after the final episode, every time they show it. Really well done behind-the-scenes stuff. Interesting to see and hear the actors behind the characters.

apparently I never even clicked on this thread once. just watched the final episode this morning after power watching the last season. should make reading this thread interesting. will say I loved how they did the last season. not the greatest show ever but really good imo.

This was really interesting....thanks for posting.

There's also an eight minute short called an anatomy of a mob hit that's also worth watching (avail on hbo on demand)
is that on HBOGO? can't find either

Just got HBO for free for a few months and running through the last 2 seasons that I missed (4 & 5). Love this show, but to reference a discussion in another thread about darkly lit scenes.

Geebus - most of scenes are in the dark and I can only make out like half of someone's head. Really frustrating.

Just finished this series after bowing out the past two years. Couple of things:

Can't believe they didn't want to speculate on Rothstein's death and instead pushed it to off screen.

Nice job of conveying the sense about how crime is/was a young mans game.

The real life characters were all pretty much darned near perfect. Rothstein, Caone, Luciano, Lanksy, Siegel, Kennedy.....the actors nailed all of them.

Margaret redemmed herself in the past two seasons.

On one hand you feel bad for the Johnsons (Nucky and Eli)...particularly as children.......but then the last episode really brought home that the foundation of their empire was built solely on the incident of Nucky pimping out an underage Gillian. The last episode really showed how despicable Nucky was.

Geebus - most of scenes are in the dark and I can only make out like half of someone's head. Really frustrating.
I found that an annoying trait about the show as well. It's like you have to have the lighting just right in your TV room to see what the hell is going on in way too many scenes.

Started watching this on Prime finally. I like it.

BTW, the first page of this thread is unreadable with all the wrong smilies and broken spoilers.

Did you guys catch "The Final Shot: A Farewell to Boardwalk Empire"? It's a half-hour piece which airs after the final episode, every time they show it. Really well done behind-the-scenes stuff. Interesting to see and hear the actors behind the characters.

Insein said:
Started watching this on Prime finally. I like it.

BTW, the first page of this thread is unreadable with all the wrong smilies and broken spoilers.
I feel bad for what you're about to witness
Bad as in its a Dexter level waste of time or bad that its depressing?
I never watched Dexter but after 2 season of Boardwalk you will think the show is on its way to being phenomenal--IMHO you will be VERY disappointed. At least I was.

I just realized i watched every season, watched about 3 episodes of the last season and just stopped watching. I had zero interest and just now realized I never finished it. Lol

I just realized i watched every season, watched about 3 episodes of the last season and just stopped watching. I had zero interest and just now realized I never finished it. Lol
I went from late 2013 until last week before finishing season 4. Slow crawl. Not sure about jumping into the last one yet.

shadyridr said:
It took me 6 months to watch the last 2 shows. I personally have never been more disappointed in a show. So much wasted time after season 2.

I found that an annoying trait about the show as well. It's like you have to have the lighting just right in your TV room to see what the hell is going on in way too many scenes.
Perhaps they were just trying to represent what the actual lighting was like back in that time period?

I watched the whole series again over a span of about a month. Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome. I was brutal regarding season 3 in this thread, but after Re watching, I liked it. Season 4 just had horrible story lines. Dr. Narcisse, the whole Florida angle. Pointless. Acting was still top notch though, and I liked the Chicago storyline for season 4. Season 5 was solid, loved the flashbacks.

It was a very good series with great acting. It just could have been so much more.

Perhaps they were just trying to represent what the actual lighting was like back in that time period?
I get that, but it's a trend that has appeared in way too many shows over the last 10-15 years. There are ways of showing scenes in the dark or at night without it being pitch black and making viewers wonder what the hell is going on.

Watched all of this show over the last month on Amazon Prime.  (Warning for others, last season cost 9.95 or must be found 'other ways'.)

I enjoyed it.  Seasons 1&2 were great.  3&4 were a little weird, 5 was pretty good.  

Been watching the series with my wife, and while I enjoyed the first 3 seasons, season 4 is making me want to stop. Have 2 episodes to go in it, but I really have no desire to watch. Did the show get good again in Season 5?

Been watching the series with my wife, and while I enjoyed the first 3 seasons, season 4 is making me want to stop. Have 2 episodes to go in it, but I really have no desire to watch. Did the show get good again in Season 5?
Season 5 was solid for closure’s sake. A lot of flashbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread