What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football Guys Players Championship (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
They started a thread like this over at the FFPC board.So I thought I would start one over here so we could get some input from some Footballguys over here.

I've had two drafts first one from 12 spot 2nd one from the 1st.

Here is my first one from the 12th.

QB Tom Brady,QB Eli Manning

RB M.Turner,RB Ronnie Brown,RB Felix Jones,RB Knowshon Moreno,RB Tony Gerhart

WR Randy Moss,WR Braylon Edwards,WR Roy Willams,WR Lance Moore,WR Austin Collie,WR Sammie Stroughter,WR M.Willams TB

TE Todd Heap,TE Kevin Boss,TE Zach Miller Jax

K.S.Graham

D. Giants

2nd Team

QB Eli Manning,QB Mcnabb

RB A.Peterson,RB Ryan Grant,RB Jerome Harrison,RB Thomas Jones,RB Correll Buckhalter,RB Tony Gerhart

WR DeSean Jackson,WR A.Boldin,WR Ochocinco,WR A.Collie,WR Davon Bess

TE G.OLsen,TE A.Hernandez

K. R.Longwell,K Ghostkowski

D. Chargers,D Patriots

With the first team I'm thinkin I should have just thrown the 350 out in the street for all the good that team is goin to do me,but I kind of like the 2nd one.What do you guys think.

Hopefully some other guys will post their teams and we can get a nice discussion going.

Last edited by a moderator:
moss and turner with your first two picks were great value, especially moss. Obviously I dont know who was available in the 3rd to 4th round turn for you but i imagine there was better wrs still available then the rbs I'm assuming you took with those picks.

Well I just got done drafting from the 11 hole. Here is how it shook out

Rivers

A. Smith

S Jax

Beanie

Barber

Moreno

Portis

Fitz

Colston

Britt

Braylon

Robinson

Murphy

Nelson

Gresham

Sheffler

Gronkowski

49ers, Cowboys

Dan Carpenter

Think I may have waited to long on TE. I hope one of those guys turns into a fantasy starter. Also, I have some very high risk players this year (S. Jax, Fitz, Portis) If somehow they pan out then I could be competitive.

rustycolts said:
They started a thread like this over at the FFPC board.So I thought I would start one over here so we could get some input from some Footballguys over here.I've had two drafts first one from 12 spot 2nd one from the 1st.Here is my first one from the 12th.QB BradyQB Eli ManningRB M.TurnerRB Ronnie BrownRB F.JonesRB K.MorenoRB T.GerhartWR R.MossWR B.EdwardsWR Roy WillamsWR Lance MooreWR A.CollieWR Sammie StroughterWR Mike Willams TBTE K.BossTE Z.MillerTE T.HeapK S.GrahamD ChargersD Giants2nd teamQB Eli ManningQB McnabbQB Jason CambellRB A.PetersonRB R.GrantRB Jerome HarrisonRB T. JonesRB Correll BuckhalterRB Tony GerhartWR DeSean JacksonWR A.BoldinWR OchocincoWR A.CollieWR Davon BessTE G.OlsenTE A HernandezK Ryan LongwellK.S.GhostkowskiD ChargersD Patriots.With the first team I'm thinkin I should have just thrown the 350 out in the street for all the good that team is goin to do me,but I kind of like the 2nd one.What do you guys think.Hopefully some other guys will post their teams and we can get a nice discussion going.
I like your 2nd team better, it is actually hard to draft these from the 1 spot. Here is my team from the 1 spot. We went with different strategies and I think I like your team betterQB: Joe Flacco, Matt CasselRB: Chris Johnson, Chris Wells, LaDainian Tomlinson, Fred Jackson, Brandon Jackson, Javon Ringer, Kareem HugginsWR: Michael Crabtree, Bernard Berrian, Malcom Floyd, Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Lance Moore, Brandon GibsonTE: Dallas Clark, Jason WittenPK: Lawrence TynesTD: Pittsburgh Steelers

rustycolts said:
They started a thread like this over at the FFPC board.So I thought I would start one over here so we could get some input from some Footballguys over here.I've had two drafts first one from 12 spot 2nd one from the 1st.Here is my first one from the 12th.QB BradyQB Eli ManningRB M.TurnerRB Ronnie BrownRB F.JonesRB K.MorenoRB T.GerhartWR R.MossWR B.EdwardsWR Roy WillamsWR Lance MooreWR A.CollieWR Sammie StroughterWR Mike Willams TBTE K.BossTE Z.MillerTE T.HeapK S.GrahamD ChargersD Giants2nd teamQB Eli ManningQB McnabbQB Jason CambellRB A.PetersonRB R.GrantRB Jerome HarrisonRB T. JonesRB Correll BuckhalterRB Tony GerhartWR DeSean JacksonWR A.BoldinWR OchocincoWR A.CollieWR Davon BessTE G.OlsenTE A HernandezK Ryan LongwellK.S.GhostkowskiD ChargersD Patriots.With the first team I'm thinkin I should have just thrown the 350 out in the street for all the good that team is goin to do me,but I kind of like the 2nd one.What do you guys think.Hopefully some other guys will post their teams and we can get a nice discussion going.
I like your 2nd team better, it is actually hard to draft these from the 1 spot. Here is my team from the 1 spot. We went with different strategies and I think I like your team betterQB: Joe Flacco, Matt CasselRB: Chris Johnson, Chris Wells, LaDainian Tomlinson, Fred Jackson, Brandon Jackson, Javon Ringer, Kareem HugginsWR: Michael Crabtree, Bernard Berrian, Malcom Floyd, Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Lance Moore, Brandon GibsonTE: Dallas Clark, Jason WittenPK: Lawrence TynesTD: Pittsburgh Steelers
Daggone it. You people getting Dallas Clark at 2.12 are making me very jealous. In some of these drafts I've already done, I've taken him in the late first and I've seen him in taken in the late first or early second by others.Congrats to you. I have a feeling you could be in for a league championship if one of your QBs pans out.

rustycolts said:
Daggone it. You people getting Dallas Clark at 2.12 are making me very jealous. In some of these drafts I've already done, I've taken him in the late first and I've seen him in taken in the late first or early second by others.Congrats to you. I have a feeling you could be in for a league championship if one of your QBs pans out.
QB scoring difference is minor compared to the other skill positions. Taking Clark and Witten is a sound strategy.

Well I just got done drafting from the 11 hole. Here is how it shook outRiversA. SmithS JaxBeanieBarberMorenoPortisFitzColstonBrittBraylonRobinsonMurphyNelsonGreshamShefflerGronkowski49ers, CowboysDan CarpenterThink I may have waited to long on TE. I hope one of those guys turns into a fantasy starter. Also, I have some very high risk players this year (S. Jax, Fitz, Portis) If somehow they pan out then I could be competitive.
I like your team think it will be competitive.I had same problem with TEs waited to long with both teams .I like yours better than mine.

moss and turner with your first two picks were great value, especially moss. Obviously I dont know who was available in the 3rd to 4th round turn for you but i imagine there was better wrs still available then the rbs I'm assuming you took with those picks.
Took Moreno and Brady at 3 and 4.Colston,Nicks and Bolden were available.Should have waited on Brady he has been available in the 5th in a lot of the drafts and Morino with the 3rd was probably not a real smart move.These drafts are really all over the place and a lot of fun.Thinking about doing one more of course I would probably end up divorced if I do or at least sleeping with the dog instead of my wife.

rustycolts said:
I actually was going to go with your strategy but both Clark and Witten were gone before it got back to me.

Part of the problem taking Clark & Witten (2nd and 3rd picks I assume) is that you're left with Wells as a # 2 RB and Crabtree as a # 1 WR. Was Crabtree your 4th pick? What RBs were still available when you picked Wells up, and what WRs were still available when you got Crabtree?

Part of the problem taking Clark & Witten (2nd and 3rd picks I assume) is that you're left with Wells as a # 2 RB and Crabtree as a # 1 WR. Was Crabtree your 4th pick? What RBs were still available when you picked Wells up, and what WRs were still available when you got Crabtree?
I don't disagree after taking 2 TE's at 2.12 and3.1 I was chasing at rb and wr all day. Addai, Foster, Moreno, Brown, Bradhaw, JStew were avail when I took Wells and Bowe, TO, Maclin, Ward, Knox were there at wr when I too crabtree

Thanks. It looks like you've got 3 studs (CJ and the TEs), and a decent QB, PK, and Def. Wells would be better as a flex, but perhaps if LT gets 250 - 275 carries (which he could in a 600 carry offense) you might be OK with both of them. (Huggins could also be valuable towards the end of the year - good pick.) Crabtree would be a good # 2 or 3 WR, but that looks like your biggest challenge. Obviously one of the other guys will have to overperform. You've got enough possibilities there so hopefully at least one of them will. Good luck.

Guess there isn't a whole lot of interest in this type of thread here. If you would like to see how you might stack up against some other teams they are posting quite a few rosters over at the FFPC boards in the same type thread.By the looks of things I really don't think my teams are too shabby.I think I might have a shot at a couple of league titles,maybe not much shot at the whole thing but league prizes are nothing to sneeze at either.This is going to be a lot of fun.

I have 3 teams. Love the third team but am not sure on the first two as I was experimenting somewhat with the drafts.

Team 1:

QB- Schaub, Henne

RB- Reggie Bush, Charles, Moreno, taylor, hilliard, hardesty

WR- Andre Johnson, Smith South, Gaffney, James Jones, Doucet, Naanee, Bess

TE- Gates, Boss

PK- Crosby

D- Vikings

Team 2:

QB- Romo, Moore

RB- Steven Jackson, Best, Ricky Williams, Larry Johnson, Ringer, Kevin Smith

WR- Miles Austin, Sims-Walker, Gaffney, Floyd, Nelson, Mike Williams- TB

TE- Zach Miller- OAK, Scaife, keller

PK- Bironas

D- Cowboys, Giants

Team 3:

QB- Rodgers, Young

RB- Adrian Peterson, Charles, Jacobs, Jackson, Jennings

WR- Jennings, Harvin, Wallace, Mike williams- tb & sea, vincent jackson, naanee, moore

TE- Zach Miller- OAK, Scheffler, Branson

PK- Prater

D- 49ers

Id love to hear others thoughts on my teams.

Team 1 - You need a healthy Bush and Moreno and a productive Gaffney. There's no room for error with that team since it looks like Moreno and Gaffney need to be your flex starters. Unless Hardesty really takes off (currently he may be part of a 3 way RBBC, for Clevelad no less). You don't seem to have any other viable options. Team 2 - an improvement. Better RBs. You've got very good backup WRs. At least one of them should shine for you (Gaffney/Floyd/Williams) so I'd imagine one of them will be a flex along with R Williams. (R Williams appears to be your only real weak spot.) Smith and LJ will be useless. Team 3 - I agree with you - the best, by far. The only concern is the WRs. They're talented, but mostly home run hitters who may be inconsistent at times in a PPR league. (Jennings/ M Williams/Wallace). They could explode one week and give you little the next. Still weak flex starters. I'm assuming it's Jacobs and one of the WRs. You can't count on Scheffler.

I got the 1st pick in 2 drafts and the 12th in the last one.

Early August

Tom Brady, Josh Freeman

Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Ricky Williams, Leon Washington

Santana Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mike Williams, Joshua Cribbs, Devin Aromashodu, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal, Harry Douglas, Mario Manningham, Arrelious Benn

Vernon Davis, Owen Daniels

Jay Feely

Philadelphia Eagles

Mid-August

Romo, Leinart

Chris Johnson, C.J. Spiller, Thomas Jones, Mewelde Moore

Colston, Sims-Walker, T.O., Dez, Aromashodu, Harry Douglas, Sammie Stroughter

Tony G, Marcedes Lewis, Fred Davis, Tony Moeaki

Shayne Graham

Philly D

Late August

Schaub, Alex Smith

C.J. Spiller, Jahvid Best, Leon Washington, Caddy, Earnest Graham, Kareem Huggins

Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Mike Williams TB, Aromoshodu, Harry Douglas, Mario Manningham, DHB, Stroughter

Kellen Winslow, Hoomanawanui

Janikowski

49ers

I have 3 teams. Love the third team but am not sure on the first two as I was experimenting somewhat with the drafts.Team 1: QB- Schaub, HenneRB- Reggie Bush, Charles, Moreno, taylor, hilliard, hardestyWR- Andre Johnson, Smith South, Gaffney, James Jones, Doucet, Naanee, BessTE- Gates, BossPK- CrosbyD- VikingsTeam 2: QB- Romo, MooreRB- Steven Jackson, Best, Ricky Williams, Larry Johnson, Ringer, Kevin SmithWR- Miles Austin, Sims-Walker, Gaffney, Floyd, Nelson, Mike Williams- TBTE- Zach Miller- OAK, Scaife, kellerPK- BironasD- Cowboys, GiantsTeam 3: QB- Rodgers, YoungRB- Adrian Peterson, Charles, Jacobs, Jackson, JenningsWR- Jennings, Harvin, Wallace, Mike williams- tb & sea, vincent jackson, naanee, mooreTE- Zach Miller- OAK, Scheffler, BransonPK- PraterD- 49ersId love to hear others thoughts on my teams.
I like 3, 2, 1 in that order. No matter where you got Mike Williams it's a steal. :homer:

I got the 1st pick in 2 drafts and the 12th in the last one.

Early August

Tom Brady, Josh Freeman

Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Ricky Williams, Leon Washington

Santana Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mike Williams, Joshua Cribbs, Devin Aromashodu, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal, Harry Douglas, Mario Manningham, Arrelious Benn

Vernon Davis, Owen Daniels

Jay Feely

Philadelphia Eagles

Mid-August

Romo, Leinart

Chris Johnson, C.J. Spiller, Thomas Jones, Mewelde Moore

Colston, Sims-Walker, T.O., Dez, Aromashodu, Harry Douglas, Sammie Stroughter

Tony G, Marcedes Lewis, Fred Davis, Tony Moeaki

Shayne Graham

Philly D

Late August

Schaub, Alex Smith

C.J. Spiller, Jahvid Best, Leon Washington, Caddy, Earnest Graham, Kareem Huggins

Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Mike Williams TB, Aromoshodu, Harry Douglas, Mario Manningham, DHB, Stroughter

Kellen Winslow, Hoomanawanui

Janikowski

49ers
I think picking 1st in this really is an advantage.I like your two teams from the 1st.I also had the 12th spot and the 1st spot in my two drafts and really like the one from the 1st spot much better that I selected.Looking at some of the teams posted here and at FFPC seems like the 1 spot yields the better teams.

I had the 5th spot in mid August. I am fairly pleased with this team, TE's did not seem to go as fast in our league and WR is my obvious weakness.

QB Cutler & Leinart

RB Gore, Mendenhall, Best, Jacobs, McGahee, Gerhart

WR D. Jackson, Ward, Meachem, Britt, Louis Murphy, Laurent Robinson, Devone Bess

TE Gonzalez, Zach Miller

K Akers

D Cowboys, Texans

It also seems to me that if you do wait on drafting TEs to around the 6th or 7th you have a better overall team.Of course I'm no expert and don't pretend to be.I don't think I would wait as long as I did however cuz my TEs leave a lot to be desired.

Drafted from the 5th spot in early August. Wanted to go WR/TE first two rounds, but it didn't work out (went WR/WR). Ended up taking Cooly in round 6. I like my team overall. Concerned about my RB depth. Would like any feedback.

QB - J. Flacco, C. Palmer

RB - S. Greene, J. Best, D. Brown, L. Johnson, T.Choice, M. Lynch, K. Huggins

WR - A. Johnson, R. White, M. Crabtree, D. Mason, A. Gonzalez, D. McCluster, B. Robiskie

TE - C. Cooly, T. Sheffler

K - R. Gould

Minn D

I had the 5th spot in mid August. I am fairly pleased with this team, TE's did not seem to go as fast in our league and WR is my obvious weakness.QB Cutler & LeinartRB Gore, Mendenhall, Best, Jacobs, McGahee, GerhartWR D. Jackson, Ward, Meachem, Britt, Louis Murphy, Laurent Robinson, Devone BessTE Gonzalez, Zach MillerK AkersD Cowboys, Texans
I too had the 5th overall pick in early August. I went WR/WR, but I'm weak at RB. Wondering when you picked Gonzo and Miller. TE's were flying off the board in my draft. I took White over J. Charles in round 2?? Wondering about that now. Overall, I like your team. DJax and Ward will be fine at WR. Best and Z. Miller seem like great flex options to me. Best is my RB2. I'm planning on a Crabtree/Mason flex. Also, when did Best go in your draft? I picked him in round 5. Not sure you can get him there now...

#3 spot tonight

Flacco/McNabb/Sanchez/D.Anderson

R.Rice/D.Williams/L.Washington/Faulk/Ringer/McClain

Ocho/Crabtree/S.Moss/Floyd/Holmes/L.Moore/Cotchery

V.Davis

M.Crosby

NYJ

Good, well rounded team. Obviously you'll struggle with your QBs. Both of them can be maddeningly incocsistent so you'll often be starting the wrong guy. It looks like S Moss and Floyd will need to be your flex starters. Maybe one of them will step up and be an adequate flex but you'll need to hope both of them can be productive. That may be asking too much. I'd guess you'll be on the waiver wire within a couple weeks looking for an additional flex starter - either RB or WR. Why 4 QBs and only 1 TE?

notpacmanjones! said:
doorman said:
I had the 5th spot in mid August. I am fairly pleased with this team, TE's did not seem to go as fast in our league and WR is my obvious weakness.QB Cutler & LeinartRB Gore, Mendenhall, Best, Jacobs, McGahee, GerhartWR D. Jackson, Ward, Meachem, Britt, Louis Murphy, Laurent Robinson, Devone BessTE Gonzalez, Zach MillerK AkersD Cowboys, Texans
I too had the 5th overall pick in early August. I went WR/WR, but I'm weak at RB. Wondering when you picked Gonzo and Miller. TE's were flying off the board in my draft. I took White over J. Charles in round 2?? Wondering about that now. Overall, I like your team. DJax and Ward will be fine at WR. Best and Z. Miller seem like great flex options to me. Best is my RB2. I'm planning on a Crabtree/Mason flex. Also, when did Best go in your draft? I picked him in round 5. Not sure you can get him there now...
I got Gonzalez in round 5 and Miller in round 7, like I said TE's seemed to go later in my draft with Finley not coming off the board until right before my 4th round pick. I took Best in round 4 as I was high on him sooner then a lot of other people and I was not crazy about the WR options that were left.I think your team will be fine with a Crabtree/Mason flex although I am a bit concerned that Mason's targets will drop considerably with Boldin there.

Thought I'd get your inputs on the team I drafted a couple weeks ago.

Matt Ryan

Matt Leinart (obviously going to drop him and pick up a QB like Anderson, Delhomme, or someone dropped)

Ray Rice

Matt Forte

Donald Brown

Leon Washington

Sammy Morris

Calvin Johnson

Dwayne Bowe

Percy Harvin

Donald Driver

James Jones

Jordy Nelson

Legedu Naanee

Devin Thomas

Vernon Davis

Owen Daniels

Tony Scheffler

Ryan Longwell

Eagles Defense

Starting lineup prediction:

Ryan

Rice

Forte

Calvin

Harvin

Bowe

Vernon Davis

Either Owen Daniels/Donald Driver/Sheffler

Longwell

Eagles

Thought I'd get your inputs on the team I drafted a couple weeks ago.Matt RyanMatt Leinart (obviously going to drop him and pick up a QB like Anderson, Delhomme, or someone dropped)
You may want to roster 3 QBs with Ryan being your main guy. There should be some ww potential out there.

Just drafted tonight from the 9 spot.

QB - Kolb, Henne

RB - Wells, Stewart, M Bush, Washington, McGahee, Lynch

WR - Calvin, Crabtree, Garcon, Britt, McCluster, Edelman

TE - Finley, Keller, Gronkowski

K - Janikowski

DST - Patriots

Just drafted tonight from the 9 spot.QB - Kolb, HenneRB - Wells, Stewart, M Bush, Washington, McGahee, LynchWR - Calvin, Crabtree, Garcon, Britt, McCluster, EdelmanTE - Finley, Keller, GronkowskiK - JanikowskiDST - Patriots
CJ or Finley first?

Good, well rounded team. Obviously you'll struggle with your QBs. Both of them can be maddeningly incocsistent so you'll often be starting the wrong guy. It looks like S Moss and Floyd will need to be your flex starters. Maybe one of them will step up and be an adequate flex but you'll need to hope both of them can be productive. That may be asking too much. I'd guess you'll be on the waiver wire within a couple weeks looking for an additional flex starter - either RB or WR. Why 4 QBs and only 1 TE?
1.5 TE had all the TE's going ridiculously high. Like 25 were drafted. I'll find one when i need it.Anderson was my last pick. Flacco vs NYJ week 1. McNabb iffy Week 1. Sanchez vs Balt Week 1.Ari vs STL Week 1. Leinart is toast in AZ. Anderson could turn out to be a great pick.I like S.Moss a ton when McNabb is back. He could catch 100 balls easy there.

Appreciate feedback on my draft last night, from the 8-hole as follows:

QB: Rivers (5), Kolb

RB: Turner (1), D. Williams (2), Portis, Buckhalter, Fred Taylor, Brandon Jackson, Marshawn Lynch

WR: Colston (3), Steve Smith (CAR) (4), Sims-Walker (6), D. Mason, James Jones, C. Chambers

TE: Heath Miller, Shockey

K: Bryant

D: SF, MIA

Interesting tidbit: One of the owners was going for a TE-heavy strategy, drafting Clark, Celek and Gonzalez in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, respectively, out of the 12-hole.

Thanks

Strong, well rounded team. A couple things - H Miller may have a strong year but not until the 2nd half of the season. A weak #2 TE could be a problem, at least in the beginning until Miller gets going and week 5 when Pitt is on bye. Am assuming Sims-Walker will be one of your flex starters. Will Portis or Mason be the other? That could be the other problem area.

Heres mine out of the 6th spot.........I am not too thrilled about the team...any insight would be great.

QB: flacco/palmer

RB: mendenhall/moreno/jacobs/mcgahee/norwood

WR: a.johnson/nicks/ward/m. floyd/L.moore/amendola/stroughter/d. thomas

TE: gates/keller/watson

DST: Philly

K: graham

Champ, it may be serviceable if Moreno stays healthy and is very productive. Very good WRs - a steady and a stud (AJ & Ward) along with a couple high upside guys (Nicks.Floyd,Moore). Good job. Don't think Jacobs will be much help as a flex - a #2 RB who doesn't catch balls in a PPR, leaving you with having to use 2 of the WRs as flexes. It can hang together with a healthy Moreno. If he struggles so will the team.

Well I didn't do so well pickin a kicker on my first team only chose one thinkin I could pick up another one on the waiver later.Well Graham gets cut man that sucks.Now no kicker for first game nothin like spotting the other team 9 to 12 points.Oh well if I win that game I will know I have luck on my side.

Second and last team just drafted, from the 4 hole, appreciate feedback:

QB: Brady (5), Campbell

RB: Rice (1), Forte (4), Wells (6), Sproles, Fred Taylor, Choice

WR: Fitzgerald (2), Jennings (3), Gaffney, Louis Murphy, Massaquoi, Doucet

TE: Cooley, Gresham, Heap

K: Longwell

D: PHI, CHI

Thanks

Seven, I also picked from the 4 hole last night. Let's compare:

QB E Manning, Palmer

RB Jones-Drew, Mendenhall, LT, McFadden, Ringer, M Lynch, Norwood

WR Ocho, Sims-Walker, Jacoby Jones, McCluster, D Henderson, A Gonzalez, Harry Douglas

TE V Davis, Z Miller

PK Tynes

Def NO

You got me at QB. I'll take my RBs. You got WRs. I got TEs. PK and Def equal. I'll use Z Miller and LT as flexes. I guess you could use Gaffney, Wells or Gresham.

Picked from the 12 hole.......

Not real happy here.....

A. Rodgers

A. Smith

C. Taylor

Reggie Bush

C, Wells

J. Best

L. Johnson

D. Mason

J. Jones

M. Crabtree

L. Robinson

H. Douglas

M. Manningham

Dez Bryant

B. Hartline

J. Finley

A. Fasano

D. Fells

D. Buehler

Packers

Seven, I also picked from the 4 hole last night. Let's compare:QB E Manning, PalmerRB Jones-Drew, Mendenhall, LT, McFadden, Ringer, M Lynch, NorwoodWR Ocho, Sims-Walker, Jacoby Jones, McCluster, D Henderson, A Gonzalez, Harry DouglasTE V Davis, Z MillerPK TynesDef NOYou got me at QB. I'll take my RBs. You got WRs. I got TEs. PK and Def equal. I'll use Z Miller and LT as flexes. I guess you could use Gaffney, Wells or Gresham.
Hey Jammer, agree with your assessment, I think the clubs are pretty evenly matched. MJD went at 3, so Rice was the choice at 4. Happy to get Fitz and Jennings 2 and 3, choice at 4 was between Forte, Addai and R. Brown (top 7 TE's gone by then), and we felt Forte had the most upside and pretty much in line with ADP. Stole Brady at 5, and while I'm not a "Wells guy" we felt he had dropped to us at 6.09 so took him. Overall I think we were able to get some value. Flex will be Wells / Sproles / Gaffney / Gresham depending on who steps up and matchups.Your club: QB's are solid if unspectacular, I think Palmer has the opportunity to have a resurgence this year with TO/Ocho/Gresham and a good running game. RB's are your strength. WR's pretty solid, one of your backups needs to step up. You definitely have us at TE. Cheers

Heres mine out of the 6th spot.........I am not too thrilled about the team...any insight would be great.QB: flacco/palmerRB: mendenhall/moreno/jacobs/mcgahee/norwoodWR: a.johnson/nicks/ward/m. floyd/L.moore/amendola/stroughter/d. thomasTE: gates/keller/watsonDST: PhillyK: graham
Here is my team out of the 4th...I am more pleased with this oneQB Flacco/FavreRB MJD/D.Wiliiama/Barber/Hightower/Snelling/NorwoodWR Fitz/Welker/Berrian/Housh/Britt/Murphy/WashingtonTE Winslow/Olsen/WatsonK FolkDST Chicago

Flash, I would have recommended passing on Rodgers and using the pick for strength at RB/WR or TE. This scoring doesn't reward being agressive at the QB position. But anyway, Rodgers is the best, Best and Bush wlll be fine as long as healthy, excellent TE, and PK and def fine. If you add Crabtree, and Wells as a flex, that's 8 out of 10 solid starters. That's the challenge. Most good teams seem to have 9 solid starters, with the 10th being pretty decent. So for you to be competitive you'll need to get good production from 2 out of these 4 - Mason, J Jones, Bryant and Manningham. Possible, but will be a challenge. I'd think you'll be in the waiver wire early looking for a WR.

Champ, looking at your 4 hole team, I agree it's more well rounded. Who will be your flexes? To me it looks like it will have to be both Barber and Hightower. I don't see any alternatives. Barber and Hightower are decent flexes, but I don't see depth after your other starters, which could cause problems if one of your 4 RBs gets banged up or during bye weeks. Am also a little suprised to see Chi as your defense. Even waiting to the 19th or 20th round to pick one, I would have preferred Tenn, Cin, etc...

Champ, looking at your 4 hole team, I agree it's more well rounded. Who will be your flexes? To me it looks like it will have to be both Barber and Hightower. I don't see any alternatives. Barber and Hightower are decent flexes, but I don't see depth after your other starters, which could cause problems if one of your 4 RBs gets banged up or during bye weeks. Am also a little suprised to see Chi as your defense. Even waiting to the 19th or 20th round to pick one, I would have preferred Tenn, Cin, etc...
thanx for the insightful comments........about chicago D.......it's no doubt, not in their favor to do well based on the teams in their division alone......but I am a homer, and prior to last year we got many turnovers, so I will find out in the first couple weeks if we still suck.

drafted a couple of days ago

QB - Flacco, Ryan

RB - Adrian Peterson, Jahvid Best, Leon Washington, Larry Johnson

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Smith CAR, Johnny Knox, S.Moss, Burleson, Manningham, Douglas, Tate

TE - Brent Celek, Todd Heap

K - David Akers

DEF - Dolphins, Titans.

Malabar, very nice team. Ryan will be more productive than Flacco, even though he's your #2. I can see S Moss being one of your flexes. Not sure who the other one would be - you've got a variety to choose from, but they'll all be hit or miss. Perhaps the most reliable would be L Wash. I drafted AP also. Am suprised to see you didn't get Gerhart later. He'd be much more valuable to you than LJ or Tate. Having a mediocre #3 RB and useless #4 could cause problems on bye weeks.

My draft from the #12 spot. Not sure what I think right now.

QB: M. Stafford, B. Roethlisberger

RB: S. Jackson, R. Bush, B. Jacobs, L. Washington, T. Choice

WR: A. Boldin, S. Moss, E. Royal, J. Cotchery, L. Moore, J. Cribbs, B. Hartline

TE: A. Gates, Z. Miller (OAK), T. Heap

K: R. Bironas

DST: San Diego, Kansas City

I actually like the way this draft turned out, except that somehow I became 3 TE guy from the 11 spot.

Carson Palmer

Vince Young

Matt Hasselbeck

Ryan Grant

Ahmad Bradshaw

Clinton Portis

Peyton Hillis

Lawrence Maroney

Randy Moss

Hines Ward

Lee Evans

Mario Manningham

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Eric Decker

Antonio Gates

Tony Gonzalez

Heath Miller

Matt Prater

San Diego Chargers

Carolina Panthers

I would have passed on Gates in the second if I'd known that Gonzo would be there in the fourth. It's not very sexy starting Heath Miller at flex #2 each week, but the guy scored 228.9 points last year, and the #1 WR left town. I'm not sold on Bradshaw/Portis/Hillis/Maroney as my RB2BC, but all of my backups are in the mix for starting carries and should be able to produce if needed - and while many teams' RB1 will outscore my RB2 by a substantial amount, Grant matches up well with their RB2 spots, and my TE1 and flex spots should outscore most of theirs. Which is my way of avoiding saying how a lot of my RB targets got sniped, or complaining that some people got ridiculous deals in this draft, including DeAngelo going at 3.8, while I got stuck at the 11 spot with a tough drafter at 12.

There are definitely some strong teams in my league, but there are a lot of very flawed teams. One guy has Felix, Ricky and LaDainian as his only RBs. That's a good strategy if the league gives bonus points for players you can recognize by their first name, I guess, but otherwise it's not quite as strong. You'd think that this meant his receivers would be strong, but you'd think wrong. Another guy took Brady and Rivers in the first six rounds, another is starting Josh Cribbs week 1, and another if flying solo with Sheffler at TE, and one of the stronger teams is rolling with a QBBC of Favre, Garrard, Campbell and Bradford.

My week 1 starting lineup scored a combined 2250 points last year. There are only a couple others whose starting lineups put up over 2000 total points last year, even if you plug in reasonable numbers for their rookies or injured players. The other side of that, of course, is that some of my top players had good years last year, or have very little room to improve. I don't know that Gonzo's numbers have much chance of going up, for example, and Ward is probably near the peak of what he's going to do. But Palmer, Bradshaw and Moss are all expected to exceed last year's numbers, and my DSTBC has a whole lot of matchups against bad teams.

One thing that sucks is that I don't face anyone on their worst bye week, so I will probably have one of the higher points-allowed totals in the league, which always sucks. But I don't have a lot of bye week issues outside of my worst bye week, when I play the worst team in the league. I think this team has a legit chance to take one of the top two spots in the league and the $1500 that goes with it, and if I can make it there, I have a high enough variance with the TE scoring that, when added to my average score from the first three weeks, I have as good a shot as anyone. In the meantime, I'll be hitting the waiver wire looking for RB and WR help.

Users who are viewing this thread