What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prize Pool now shows through 120 leagues (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
http://footballguys.com/contest_prizes.php

After 100 leagues, we are adding between $7,400 to $7,500 in Championship bracket prizes with every 5 leagues sold. $2,500 of that goes to the Grand Prize and keeps the ticker heading north. The rest of the money is spread out with the goal of deepening the prize pool with more entries.

Additionally, we have completed our negotiations with Titlecraft and can now announce that the trophy will be worth $2,000+ (It was a $600 trophy before)

Thanks everyone for making year 1 of this contest so great. Best of luck to everyone's teams.

After 100 leagues, we are adding between $7,400 to $7,500 in Championship bracket prizes with every 5 leagues sold. $2,500 of that goes to the Grand Prize and keeps the ticker heading north. The rest of the money is spread out with the goal of deepening the prize pool with more entries.

Additionally, we have completed our negotiations with Titlecraft and can now announce that the trophy will be worth $2,000+ (It was a $600 trophy before)

Thanks everyone for making year 1 of this contest so great. Best of luck to everyone's teams.
is there anyway we could get a glimpse of this trophy

Was wondering now that we hit 1200+ teams if we can increase the overall top 10-20 finishers payouts to some amount a little more fitting to the accomplishment. I think most would agree with allocating more money there. It just appears like an all or nothing scenareo for the grand prize. It would make winning some significant money more attainable....Personally I think its a big incentive......

Last edited by a moderator:

Was wondering now that we hit 1200+ teams if we can increase the overall top 10-20 finishers payouts to some amount a little more fitting to the accomplishment. I think most would agree with allocating more money there. It just appears like an all or nothing scenareo for the grand prize. It would make winning some significant money more attainable....Personally I think its a big incentive......
I second this motion.

I second this motion.
Thanks Pure....its such a flaw in fantasy contests Im surprised most contests havent figured this one out yet. To me it would straight up increase the amount of players from the get go. When you factor in your time and the cost of buying into a high stakes league a $750 or 1k payoff doesnt seem worthy...especially if you are top 20 or something like that. Not slagging the contest here....just syaing you could build loyalty for life if you give more people more opportunity to really win something.....see what you can do...thats all. By the way pure we are in a league together....my team is the Cylon Raiders.......did you play the FFOC...for the million? Maybe its the WCOFF I remember you from.....

I second this motion.
Thanks Pure....its such a flaw in fantasy contests Im surprised most contests havent figured this one out yet. To me it would straight up increase the amount of players from the get go. When you factor in your time and the cost of buying into a high stakes league a $750 or 1k payoff doesnt seem worthy...especially if you are top 20 or something like that. Not slagging the contest here....just syaing you could build loyalty for life if you give more people more opportunity to really win something.....see what you can do...thats all. By the way pure we are in a league together....my team is the Cylon Raiders.......did you play the FFOC...for the million? Maybe its the WCOFF I remember you from.....
I remember the team name Cylon Raiders from drafting this summer, but I can't remember which league off the top of my head. It might be "all of the above" because I've played in just about all of them.

I second this motion.

I remember the team name Cylon Raiders from drafting this summer, but I can't remember which league off the top of my head. It might be "all of the above" because I've played in just about all of them.

It was Purestrength10 on Aug 8th. Dont know how this 1.5 TE stuff is gonna turn out but I had to go value....we'll see

Great comments everyone. We are not going to change what we announced as the prize pool for this year though. But we do hear the criticism. It's a giant balancing act between a deep pool, nice payouts for the top 20+ finishers, a top prize, better league payouts, etc. And we have heard people all ask for something different.

We had no idea what to expect with this tourney (we were hopeful that we could fill 50 leagues, but it was clearly an unknown) and now that we have seen it exceed everything we had hoped for, I think we are getting a lot smarter on what this thing needs to look like going forward. I will be in Vegas for the FFPC and Dave, Alex and I will talk about how we can make this even better in 2011.

In the offseason, we will also include all participants in a survey and use those results to guide us going forward. I like what we have built, but I also know we likely can create a better prize structure.

Users who are viewing this thread