What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftstreet.com anyone play? Any reviews or thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Air raid dibs - These have weak and or uncovered AA which should be tried from air first before ground.

I want #1

Eventhough you have this in Air raid I see no reason why I can't take this guy down for 2 or 3 at the opening bell.

He has one wall to get through for the core.

I plan on doing some variation of a Gowiwi/Walking Dead - with one jump spell to get in, 2 freeze spells to hold all the high powered defenses and then 2 rage to tear through the core. I've looked at this base mutiple times - drunk last night and sober this morning - still confident I got this.

Give me a reason not to - I'm all ears.
That's fine. He actually has picked up some upgrades overnight. Gems I imagine.

This seems like a hell of a 2 star now.

General concept for separating ground/air.

We have more people that can run strong air raid for 2 on TH9s than we have people that can run strong ground on TH10 for 2. A weaker TH9 going -10 to air raid a TH9 for 2 stars helps the math. A strong TH9 going +5 to take out a mid range th9 for 2 with a max gowiwi is math neutral.

Every attack is going to count on this one.

Alright if I was attacking 35-40 this is how I would go about it. (Bases may change but I won't be around tomorrow so writing this up just in case somebody wants to take a look)

Jordan and I communicate strategy by using baseball references as the map is laid out like a baseball infield so that's how I'll write here.

35 - This could be a fun little hog loon attack. I think I attacked a base similar to this a couple weeks ago, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base had a tesla in the corner and the cannon by home plate had a big bomb on each side of it. Not sure if this will be the case here with the teslas but I like the odds of the big bombs to be by that cannon. I'm assuming the attacker has skulls here for this strategy.

Troops:

18 balloons (90)

15 hogs (75)

8 wizards (32)

3 archers (3)

CC hogs

If you have 220 troops I'd add two balloons, two wiz, and two archers. Wizards first if you don't have 220.

3 spells? 2 zaps and 1 heal.

4 spells? 4 zaps

Attack:

Go ahead and drop an archer at 2nd base just in case the teslas are in the corners. If so, drop two balloons at 2nd and two and 1st (drop two on each side even without teslas as they will help clear out defenses on the sides to keep your hogs on point). Drop 3 balloons on the mortar and 3 by the archer tower wizard tower cluster. If you're rolling with a heal I would use it to cover the balloons the wizard tower is firing at just to keep them at full health. Balloons will make their way towards middle of base and might even pop the CC. Double zap the mortar that has more CC troops surrounding it. You can double zap two mortars here if you're rolling with 4 zap.

If the balloons didn't pop the CC then drop 3 hogs where the second baseman would be between the mortar and gold mine. They will funnel to the AA and CC troops will pop out. Then zap the mortars like earlier stated. Pull any remaining CC with archer where balloons wiped out the defense. Use wiz to take care of them. Then drop remaining hogs between where mortar and gold mine. They will funnel toward the AA and will clear the way for your remaining balloons to wipe out the third base line defense. (might want to send some towards the cannon by home to prevent hogs from hitting double bomb).

Profit.

Of course this could be taken out more traditionally, especially if the teslas and big bombs end up being where I mentioned, but I wrote this up in case somebody wants to try something different.

36:

Simple drag raid here. Zap 2nd base AA and release dragons/balloons from home plate and use a rage. If you're a TH9 this will be a curb stomp. Hogs also very optional here as I have a strong hunch his teslas are in the obvious spots and his bombs are outside. No write up here.

37:

I don't have a strong feeling on this one but here goes.

TH9 offense: 9 dragons, remaining room you have for skulls, CC hogs.

Zap the shortstop AA and release dragons from third base line side. Be quick on the draw here with the balloons and put the rage directly centered on the AA. When the CC pops release the hogs by the second baseman, I would drop them to the right of the exilir collector. Hopefully they can get the AA after the archer tower. Good news is even if they don't, that AA doesn't cover too many defenses so maybe heroes can clean up here if the dragons fizzle out.

Somebody can probably come up with a better idea here than me.

38:

Good base here for a TH8 to use 2 rage 1 heal drag rush. I've never used that combo but this is how I'd do it.

Troops:

9 dragons, 2 giants, 5 archers, 1 balloon, CC skulls

Attack:

Drop the giants by third base line exilir storage. This will pop the CC, usually I don't worry about that with dragons but the way his AA and Castle is place I think the AA would destroy the dragons while they focus on the CC troops. Once CC is popped, drop archer by 2nd base camp. When the CC troops get over there drop remaining archers for distraction then dragon to finish them off. Drop 2 dragons over towards 1st base, 2 total by 2nd base and remaining 5 in between them. Drop the skulls behind the dragons and use rage, heal to get through the center AA.

If I was a TH9 I would actually zap an AA and rage to get to the other two. Would probably use the same strategy as above but pack more skulls with the extra camp space.

39:

I feel like this is a very hogable base but I'm not sure how well the lower level hogs do these days. Drop a couple tester hogs where his potential big bombs could be and then proceed.

If I was dragon raiding it, I would zap the 2nd base AA and release from the first base line. Dragons should fight the CC outside the range of the AA (maybe one will be in range)

40:

Not a max AA base I'm sure our lower level dragon guys can handle this one.

That's all I have and won't be around if tomorrow if these bases end up changing their layout. If anybody uses this, great, if not that's not a problem either. Good luck fellas.

I also haven't used a goxxx attack myself so can't give advice on that or how ideal these TH8s are to that.

The loonian pros can also probably throw in some advice if people want to go that route.

Edit to change cannon to mortar in attack on 35.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since some of us are already using or talking about switching to this base, I am posting a template for 2-starring it here rather than where it'll be found easily.

Max TH9 troops against the max defense TH9 above I got 64% 2-star. Same attack troops against the bottom end TH10 defenses I got 51% 2-star. In both cases, I had a golem go bad so there is a lot of room for improvement. The template below should help keep the golems out front.

Going to basically jam everything in through the opening either on the east or west side (3 or 9 o'clock). Choose the side nearest the AQ so she's drawn further away from defenses when you fight her. For both above bases in the above links, that's the east, 3 o'clock side.

Deploy the first golem at the south part of the eastern opening so he'll go after the defense in the opening and continue circling around the middle (though we'll jump spell so you might get him to go middle). Do not let him go after the outside compartment, if he does he'll waste time walking in and out of it and won't tank well. Deploy him as close to the exposed defense as possible to make sure he goes that way. Kill the compartment contents with a combo of wiz and minimal hogs. Make sure you get the 2 defenses closest to the opening, if you don't get the final one, not a big deal, don't need it for 2 stars.

Do the same with a golem at the north end of our eastern opening. This one will draw the AQ right away which is why we waited to do him second, minimizing time he's taking fire. Do the same, taking out the compartment with wiz and hogs so you don't have anything opening the walls there. Drop everything else between the 2 golems... since the wiz and hogs cleared the stuff north and south, most of it should ram right into the opening into the base.

Now your army should be funneling into the big opening with 2 golems out front. One will probably want to circle the middle to the north, the other to the south. The CC contents will spill out and fight you in the open entrance area, with limited support since you took out the side compartments. I used a heal here.

Before your troops are done in the gap and picking new targets, drop a jump sell to open up the middle and the TH. If your opponent is a TH10 with an inferno on multi, hopefully your 2 golems and maybe some pekka get in front and take the fire, if so you'll get the kill easily. I deployed my 3 pekka early for just this reason on the TH10. I used the 1 heal, plus the Jump, and then a rage in the opening with the CC troops and another rage in the middle for the TH kill.

In both my attacks, I had 1 golem deviate and go into a compartment because I didn't deploy him near enough to the defense in the opening. On the TH10 attack, not only did that stop 1 golem from being a very effective tank, but the 2nd golem even tried to walk to the compartment too. Luckily I used hogs in that attack to help clear the compartment, and the 2nd golem turned around and went back to the middle as the last defense inside was killed.

Quote this post with IN if you are IN for the draft.

State

Required

FBG Name

COC Name

Currently in Clan: Name

TH level you expect to be at the END of January

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date :

Masters Achievement Y/N

Golem Level :

Add your heroes together:

Will edit this post with

State

Required

FBG Name Culdeus

COC Name Culdeus

Currently in Clan: FBG1

TH level you expect to be at the END of January: TH9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 313

Masters Achievement Y

Golem Level : 4

Add your heroes together: 23

Will edit this post with

Required

FBG Name - SkyRattlers

COC Name - SkyRattlers

TH level you expect to be at the END of January - TH9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date :306

Masters Achievement - No

Golem Level : 2

Add your heroes together: 10

IN

Required

FBG Name igbomb

COC Name igbomb

Currently in Clan: fbgs LEADER

TH level you expect to be at the END of January: TH9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 190

Masters Achievement N, but I totally could if I wanted to

Golem Level : L3 in 6 days

Add your heroes together: 15

State

Required

FBG Name - Shoot_Me_Now

COC Name - Shoot_Me_Now

Currently in Clan: Name - FBGS1

TH level you expect to be at the END of January - TH9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 329

Masters Achievement Y

Add your heroes together: 17

Will edit this post with

State

Required

FBG Name

COC Name

Currently in Clan: Name

TH level you expect to be at the END of January

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date :

Masters Achievement Y/N

Golem Level :

Add your heroes together:

Will edit this post with
Warsteinner

Warsteinner

FBG1

TH9

Just got to TH9 so BK is 8 and AQ 1

IN

Required

FBG Name Bob Loblaw

COC Name .:Bob Loblaw:.

Currently in Clan: FBG4, formerly the boog

TH level you expect to be at the END of January: max 8

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 139

Masters Achievement Y/N: N

Golem Level : 1

Add your heroes together: 5

State Kentucky

Required

FBG Name Cyclones

COC Name jrk1975

Currently in Clan: fbgs

TH level you expect to be at the END of January 9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 316

Masters Achievement Y/N Yes

Golem Level : 4

Add your heroes together: 18

Will edit this post with
IN

IN

Required

FBG Name Pigskin Fanatic

COC Name uhm

TH level you expect to be at the END of January: 9

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 263

Masters Achievement Y/N: N

Add your heroes together: 11

IN

Required

FBG Name - Jayrod

COC Name - Jay 2 the Rod

TH level you expect to be at the END of January TH8

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date :191

Masters Achievement Y/N - N

Golem Level : Will have lvl 1 by end of Jan, maybe lvl 2

Add your heroes together: Lvl 5BK...may increase by end of January

State

Required

FBG Name - Road Warriors

COC Name - Beelz

Currently in Clan: FBG4

TH level you expect to be at the END of January - TH8

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 168

Masters Achievement Y/N - N

Golem Level : 1

Add your heroes together: 5

Will edit this post with
IN

State

Required

FBG Name - Arizona Ron

COC Name - AZ The Great

TH level you expect to be at the END of January - Max

Optional, but helpful.

War stars won to date : 152

Masters Achievement Y/N - Yes

Golem Level : - Max

Add your heroes together: 14

Will edit this post with