What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many points do you want? (1 Viewer)

notpacmanjones!

Footballguy
Just curious to know if anyone out there (who has drafted) has come up with a target, or average of points they are expecting to score each week with their team?

My starting lineup scored about 2250 points last year, which is just over 140/week, and that's the highest of any starting lineup in my league using last year's numbers. Of course, that doesn't count injuries or other lost games, weeks when you'd bench your top option for a better matchup, waiver wire pickups, or the obvious fluctuations in year to year scoring.

Seven of the first ten weeks will have some form of bye week replacements in people's lineups, so when you run your projections through sixteen weeks, your average score will look a little higher than it will after week 11.

My starting lineup scored about 2250 points last year, which is just over 140/week, and that's the highest of any starting lineup in my league using last year's numbers. Of course, that doesn't count injuries or other lost games, weeks when you'd bench your top option for a better matchup, waiver wire pickups, or the obvious fluctuations in year to year scoring. Seven of the first ten weeks will have some form of bye week replacements in people's lineups, so when you run your projections through sixteen weeks, your average score will look a little higher than it will after week 11.
Thanks for the info boston. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 140-150 and your team should be super competitive. Over 150 seems a little high as far as an average goes. These leagues are so competitive it's hard to gauge how you stack up in your league. Do you mind posting your lineup?

My starting lineup scored about 2250 points last year, which is just over 140/week, and that's the highest of any starting lineup in my league using last year's numbers. Of course, that doesn't count injuries or other lost games, weeks when you'd bench your top option for a better matchup, waiver wire pickups, or the obvious fluctuations in year to year scoring.

Seven of the first ten weeks will have some form of bye week replacements in people's lineups, so when you run your projections through sixteen weeks, your average score will look a little higher than it will after week 11.
Thanks for the info boston. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 140-150 and your team should be super competitive. Over 150 seems a little high as far as an average goes. These leagues are so competitive it's hard to gauge how you stack up in your league. Do you mind posting your lineup?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=12242005

Users who are viewing this thread