Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Mr. Snow Miser - Oakland Raiders

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Anyone seen him moved in a dynasty lately?

Own him in 3 leagues and have not received a single offer for him this entire off-season in any league nor have I seen him traded in the other leagues I don't own him.

I tried to acquire him in one league. He wanted Tyreek Hill and a 2020#1 and eventually just two 2020#1's instead of Hill, one of which is projected as non-playoff. I chose to pass.

I would not take not give AB away for that trade you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five Observations from Day One of the Oakland Raiders Mandatory Minicamp

Excerpt:

Quote

AB/DC

Headed into Minicamp, I think we all collectively wanted to see how the tandem of Antonio Brown and Derek Carr looked in the team’s final sessions before breaking for summer, and I think we can safely say that the dynamic duo looks pretty solid.

The Raiders starting quarterback found the All-Pro wide receiver numerous times throughout the two-hour session, and I must say, watching AB practice in person is truly a treat.

Not only does the man attack every rep with a rare type of vigor and intensity, but seeing what he can do to opposing to defensive backs is pretty wild.

I know we won’t get a full picture of what Carr and Brown are capable of being until the regular season, but man, the pair looks locked in through one day of Minicamp.

Let’s see if they can ride that momentum over the next two days.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB gets his wish as the Raiders are selected for Hard Knocks.

I'm glad I get to watch AB make an ### of himself and laugh at his stupidity, rather than bury my head in my hands out of embarrassment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buttonhook said:

AB gets his wish as the Raiders are selected for Hard Knocks.

I'm glad I get to watch AB make an ### of himself and laugh at his stupidity, rather than bury my head in my hands out of embarrassment.

:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buttonhook said:

AB gets his wish as the Raiders are selected for Hard Knocks.

I'm glad I get to watch AB make an ### of himself and laugh at his stupidity, rather than bury my head in my hands out of embarrassment.

We'll see. I think he's going to change people's mind for the better. His work ethic is second to none. That will shine through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

We'll see. I think he's going to change people's mind for the better. His work ethic is second to none. That will shine through.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed one way or the other. If his production falls off then the Raiders and their fans will be upset. If he maintains his work ethic and has abundant success, then the Pittsburgh fans are going to be disappointed, particularly if the Steeler's offense struggles to maintain their level of production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

A lot of people are going to be disappointed one way or the other. If his production falls off then the Raiders and their fans will be upset. If he maintains his work ethic and has abundant success, then the Pittsburgh fans are going to be disappointed, particularly if the Steeler's offense struggles to maintain their level of production.

You missed the most important person here: AB.  If his production falls off he's going to be the most disappointed person in his decision and his antics, much more so than any fan.  It's safe to say that after a bit of the initial shock factor, most PS fans have moved on from AB. 

Kind of like having your girlfriend break up with you out of the blue, after a few weeks you're excited to be on the prowl, realize how emotionally free you feel, walk with a little more pep in your step, Friday nights are exciting again... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought in, traded for him in my dynasty. Excited to be on board. Look forward to seeing what him and Carr can get done in their first season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buttonhook said:

You missed the most important person here: AB.  If his production falls off he's going to be the most disappointed person in his decision and his antics, much more so than any fan.  It's safe to say that after a bit of the initial shock factor, most PS fans have moved on from AB.  

Kind of like having your girlfriend break up with you out of the blue, after a few weeks you're excited to be on the prowl, realize how emotionally free you feel, walk with a little more pep in your step, Friday nights are exciting again... 

I'm not seeing this yet. They're still posting in here. When that stops I'll believe it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

I just bought in, traded for him in my dynasty. Excited to be on board. Look forward to seeing what him and Carr can get done in their first season.

what did you pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

16 team Dyno, 1ppr, 6/TD

Team A gets: Antonio Brown, 2.9 (#25), 4.1 (#49) picks

Team B gets: Tyrell Williams, Sammy Watkins, 3.10 (#42), and 2020 1st rounder (likely 13-16 overall pick)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dipandglide said:

That’s a great price for AB.

Yes it is. 

Now you just need to indicate whether you mean for the buyer or the seller ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Yes it is. 

Now you just need to indicate whether you mean for the buyer or the seller ...

The side getting AB wins by a large margin.

It wouldn't surprise me if AB does something similar to what Rice did and sticks around as a high-end WR2+ for another 5-8 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list

 

And here we go...

Edited by Young 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dipandglide said:

Andddddddddd here comes the overreatiion 😎

Just noting the comedy of last 2 posts prior to mine. Catching bricks to non football injury. Thought it was funny.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incarcerated Bob posted this today

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1154811069858230274

NFL Update: Former Pro Bowl WR is currently appealing his failed drug test with #NFL (league still reviewing) his teams depth at WR is basically nonexistent so if appeals don’t go his way this will be major issue. We wait for legal side of things to play out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld take:

Raiders placed WR Antonio Brown on the active/NFI list.

Field Yates of ESPN is hearing the injury (which the Raiders have not disclosed) is "very minor." AB, who arrived to training camp in a hot air balloon Friday, has had a turbulent offseason to say the least, joining up with Jon Gruden's Raiders (just in time for what should be an entertaining season of Hard Knocks) while burning just about every bridge on his way out of Pittsburgh. The likely Hall of Famer will experience a downgrade transitioning from Ben Roethlisberger to Derek Carr, though his huge volume should offset any concerns about his QB.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Jul 26, 2019, 4:43 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Young 8 said:

Incarcerated Bob posted this today

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1154811069858230274

NFL Update: Former Pro Bowl WR is currently appealing his failed drug test with #NFL (league still reviewing) his teams depth at WR is basically nonexistent so if appeals don’t go his way this will be major issue. We wait for legal side of things to play out

AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate all fit that description better than Brown imo. I don't think I would describe Brown as a "former" pro bowl WR, at least not yet. I think Brown probably continues his Pro-Bowl streak at least another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate all fit that description better than Brown imo. I don't think I would describe Brown as a "former" pro bowl WR, at least not yet. I think Brown probably continues his Pro-Bowl streak at least another year.

Pretty sure it's not Brown. Even assuming there's any legitimacy to it. People seem to think it's Tate in the Twitter feed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cloppbeast said:

Pretty sure it's not Brown. Even assuming there's any legitimacy to it. People seem to think it's Tate in the Twitter feed.

Good call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, BoltBacker said:

AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate all fit that description better than Brown imo. I don't think I would describe Brown as a "former" pro bowl WR, at least not yet. I think Brown probably continues his Pro-Bowl streak at least another year.

Tim Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

oh boy here we go... seeing a foot specialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. All those people talking about how the brick catching was so important didn’t stop to see he was wearing Gucci loafers. The man is a special kind of idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

Or not 

kind of is. my understanding is that he has a foot fungus or something or other and is seeing a specialist. still funny but not really a big deal. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m fine with it. I view him as a generational talent. I can see Gruden’s frustration.

How do you practice a Week 1 without your featured offensive talent? If you’re throwing the ball to Antonio 60% of the time.

Practice without falls flat. Hurts the whole team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Antonio Brown (foot) is considered day-to-day.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Brown received "positive" news after visiting a specialist on Saturday. Rapsheet added that the foot injury he suffered "shouldn't keep him off the practice field for long." There's no reason to push Brown this early in camp, though it would certainly benefit him to get some reps in with Derek Carr before the regular season opens. AB is still in play as a fantasy WR1, albeit with more risk than usual.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Aug 4, 2019, 11:03 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, battlestar said:

Wow. How on earth can a dude who makes money off his body let his feet get that bad?

If you follow his IG you will see they sand down his feet with a power sander thing all of the time. His feet are jacked up; toes gnarly and these huge calluses. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld take:

Quote

A source with knowledge of the situation tells NBC's Chris Simms that Antonio Brown is dealing with frostbitten feet after "entering a cryotherapy machine without the proper footwear."

Well that's a new one. Brown had previously been described as dealing with "blisters." Speaking Tuesday, coach Jon Gruden would only say the team was "gathering information." It's a ridiculous injury but hardly a laughing matter. Brown's status for the remainder of camp should be considered up in the air.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Aug 6, 2019, 2:58 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.