What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

again, i refuse to call Brown a rapist.

but what is this constant comparison of Kraft paying women for sex and AB being accused of raping/sexual misconduct?

it's like comparing a guy buying a dime bag to a an international trafficker.

AB and his accuser had CONFIDENTIAL negotiations for months to settle. The threat was they would go public and file a civil suit if Brown did not pay up. 
on 10pm of the Sunday. the day before he signed w the Pats.

WHy didnt the Pats know on signing day?

AB: "I'm going to have a rape case go public today, Mr Kraft...."

Kraft and Bill: "No problem, here's a 9m signing bonus for the one game you may play in"

.... this is what we think happened, do we?

again, i refuse to call Brown a rapist.

but what is this constant comparison of Kraft paying women for sex and AB being accused of raping/sexual misconduct?

it's like comparing a guy buying a dime bag to a an international trafficker.
Yeah this is ridiculous.

Those scoffing at Kraft taking a firm stance on AB would blast Kraft if he did nothing. It's a lose-lose. Sure, he doesn't have moral high ground, but paying someone to tickle your pickle is much different than forcing someone. And the wheels of justice would agree. 

You can call it a money grab. That's essentially what lawsuits are. It still doesn't change what happened (& the reason for the allegations).

Obviously, the Pats didn't know about this, but the smart play is to do what they're doing. Just stay the course until things change.

I'd say it looks rather bleak for AB to skate given her council (in this instance) would be very unlikely to accept this particular case unless it was a slam dunk, but what kind of punishment he receives & how the Pats react is still to be determined.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy the "New England wouldn't have signed him if they had known" story.  If that were true, they would have cut him the minute the story broke.  
This is correct.  The Pats only care about winning.  Until the NFL makes the Pats sit Brown, he is playing and getting targets.  

I don't buy the "New England wouldn't have signed him if they had known" story.  If that were true, they would have cut him the minute the story broke.  
doesnt that set a bad precedent?

It's not a legal charge, it's a civil charge. 

If that's the precedent they set, they will cut anyone with rape allegations in a civil lawsuit, then what's stopping someone from saying Tom Brady raped them?

FWIW, AB is a go for me with these guys on my bench:  Sutton, Hollywood, Corey Davis, Mike Williams & Pettis.
Pretty much the same here -- using AB as my flex over Terry McLaurin, Austin Hooper, and Alexander Mattison.

A giant FF-game-winning day by AB would surprise me (say, 8-12 grabs for 150+ yard and 2-3 TDs). Any other possible outcome would not -- including a mystery benching after participating in warm-ups.

I hope he doesn't get seriously injured today... a knee with ligament damage so bad that it threatens to end his career. I would hate to see that.

I hope he doesn't get seriously injured today... a knee with ligament damage so bad that it threatens to end his career. I would hate to see that.
Question for the house (esp @Dr. Dan😞

Having so little game-speed practice time ... is that a concern with AB just basically getting up from his couch (figuratively) and starting in an NFL game? Is it true or untrue that in his situation, there's an increased injury risk?

Having so little game-speed practice time ... is that a concern with AB just basically getting up from his couch (figuratively) and starting in an NFL game? Is it true or untrue that in his situation, there's an increased injury risk?
well, sure, theres a higher risk. Factor in he couldnt run on his feet for a time, which is why I think he was doing aquatic stuff. I would hope hes in good game shape but he hasnt played at all. I'd absolutely be concerned about an overuse injury 

I’d expect he’s been working out - you can say a lot about AB, but I’ve never heard anyone criticize his work ethic. 

Bigger concern for me would be learning the playbook / chemistry with Brady. 

That said there’s a difference between “in shape” and “game shape” - the first time he’s tackled will be THE first time he’s been tackled since he was a Steeler. 

Interesting.  I'm going with AB over Ross in 1/2 ppr.  I can see anywhere from 3 for 30 range to 5 for 100 and 2 TDs.  Tie breaker is that I would be more pissed at myself if AB goes off on my bench than if he puts up a dud in my starting lineup :lol:  
Yes, that’s what I keep going back and forth about...AB going off on my bench and how I’d feel about that. You might be swaying me... :)  

Have Cooks and Waller in over AB. Tempted to start him over Cooks. PPR but TEs get a bump at 1.5 pts per 10 yards compared to the standard 1pt per 10 yards for receivers.

Raporport just stating live that if Kraft knew of the allegations before signing him, Brown would not be a Patriot...

I may be an idiot of the highest order, but I got a feeling Brown doesn't see the field tonight. You make a team you who ALWAYS have trouble with on the road gameplan for him, and then pull the rug.

This situation is bad. No one in NE was aware and he didn't tell the club literally on the day he signed that he KNEW this was going public same day.

Major oof.
AB starting and “they will feed him” 

- schefty

In for me over Sutton and Ross in non-ppr. Feels gross, but this also might be the only chance to start him this season with the NFL sitting down with his accuser tomorrow.

AB starting and “they will feed him” 

- schefty
In pre-game interview BB didn’t quite sound that way. Wasn’t sure how much he knew the offense and how much he would play. That could be a total smokescreen, but that seems to make a lot of sense given a handful of practices and 110+ heat index. 

1st pass play

Last Play: (12:58) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep middle to A.Brown to MIA 39 for 18 yards (M.Fitzpatrick

3/3 for 36 yards  So many "experts" on Sirius XM saying they wouldn't trust Brown today and Jeff Mann's said Brown was a low end WR3/WR 4 today.  This is the guy I dislike the most on XM he is the most arrogant "expert" of all of them.  

3/3 for 36 yards  So many "experts" on Sirius XM saying they wouldn't trust Brown today and Jeff Mann's said Brown was a low end WR3/WR 4 today.  This is the guy I dislike the most on XM he is the most arrogant "expert" of all of them.  
Jeff Mann is a worthless blowhard. 

AB is making Gordon look completely not needed now in this offense. Gordon had a couple targets but he is more of an afterthought the way they are designing things for Brown. 

Anyone that owns him should feel solid until Goodell meets with the accuser

Needed that TD today badly had put Brown in all 15 of my lineups this week.  Faded a ton of "experts" saying to sit him down especially in some leagues sat guys like Diggs for him.

The best way to get everyone to shut up about their decision-making with AB was to feature him and make it clear he's a stud and worth the drama from game one...we should have seen this coming. Some did. But it's the best way to make it look like they made the best decision they could with the information they had at the time. 

Users who are viewing this thread