What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (8 Viewers)

The sexual misconduct per rotoworld was him talking to a woman who was painting a mural in his house while naked except for a hand towel covering his genitals.  So he was more covered than if he was wearing a thong in his home and that's sexual misconduct now.
It's bad. A speedo or a thong does not have the same implication as a washcloth or hand towel covering one's genitals. A banana hammock or underwear is bad taste. A towel is different.

We know this intuitively. 

This weekend Antonio Brown made the list of players Tom Brady has thrown a TD to.  Crazy how many ways that could look like in the future.

It's bad. A speedo or a thong does not have the same implication as a washcloth or hand towel covering one's genitals. A banana hammock or underwear is bad taste. A towel is different.

We know this intuitively. 
We do.  Just like we know farting in a doctors face on purpose or smoking around kids is different than doing it accidentally or in general.  All it says though is that AB is a morally reprehensible person (and possibly open to more civil suits, maybe losing his children f for child endangerment ).  Under the law he's not a criminal.  Even if he went and talked to the woman naked he wouldn't be a criminal.  He didn't go near her or touch her.

That's why I said the rape accusation is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do.  Just like we know farting in a doctors face on purpose or smoking around kids is different than doing it accidentally or in general.  All it says though is that AB is a morally reprehensible person (and possibly open to more civil suits, maybe losing his children f for child endangerment ).  Under the law he's not a criminal.  Even if he went and talked to the woman naked he wouldn't be a criminal.  He didn't go near her or touch her.

Serious question: Walking up naked to someone under your employment and then firing them isn't illegal? Is there a distinction between illegal and criminal?

I guess this might be state dependent, but yeah he would - that's been found to fall under indecent exposure by at least some courts.

Edit: also, smoking marijuana in front of kids who can get affected by the smoke is child endangerment.

My story on Antonio Brown, his spiraling self-sabotage, a new account of misconduct, and his bizarre string of debts. https://t.co/oN8JZI2pM5

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 16, 2019

Exclusive: Accusations range from a previously untold account of sexual misconduct, a charity auction theft, multiple domestic incidents, and a long list of unpaid debts. Numerous conversations with people who have dealt with Brown, as well as reviews of court and police documents from three states, paint a disturbing picture…
SI.com is so freaking irritating. So Klemko writes this great article and it's story #1 on their home page. Fine - no big deal.

Since then, other SI writers have written separate articles on si.com on the separate allegations in that story and linked back to Klemko's story. Then they add a separate "headline" right under that story to link back to the story that was already written.

I understand the need to create content, but this is really, really irritating.

I guess this might be state dependent, but yeah he would - that's been found to fall under indecent exposure by at least some courts.

Edit: also, smoking marijuana in front of kids who can get affected by the smoke is child endangerment.
In his house?  Cause I gotta check on that.  Won't anyone think of the poor innocent nudists?

In his house?  Cause I gotta check on that.  Won't anyone think of the poor innocent nudists?
They have.  They think "you just have to warn people."

Edit: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/md-court-of-appeals/1181985.html

Petitioner, Eugene Wisneski, while a guest in a private home, suddenly exposed his genitalia to three other people in the room, who were not family members and who were deeply offended by that conduct.   There was no evidence whether anyone outside the home did see or could have seen what he had done.   For the behavior, Wisneski was convicted in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County of the common law crime of indecent exposure.   In this appeal, he contends that, because the offense requires that the exposure be in a “public place,” his exposure to casual observers in a private home does not suffice to constitute the offense.  We disagree.

Building on McGee, the same court in Greene, 381 S.E.2d at 310, affirmed another conviction for public indecent exposure when the defendant indecently exposed himself to his children's babysitter and the babysitter's two younger siblings and a friend in his own home.   In holding that Greene's home satisfied the “public place” element of the statutory offense, the court explained that:

Greene by his own behavior removed the barrier and converted his bedroom and bath from a private zone to a public place, where his nudity might reasonably be expected to be viewed by people other than members of his family or household.   It is not necessary that the place be visible to members of the public who are outside of it.

Regret not buying low, he's going to be a monster(poor choice of words lol) in this offense. Brady is looking for him first every time he's out there

Regret not buying low, he's going to be a monster(poor choice of words lol) in this offense. Brady is looking for him first every time he's out there
You realize that was by design to try to illustrate different things to different people. To AB, it was a don't-you-worry-you'll-get-your-targets statement. To the rest of the league it was a you-better-be-even-more-afraid-of-us-now statement. To the media and the public it was a he's-here-to-play-football-and-he's-serious-about-his-career statement.

NE will stick with it's week-to-week, opponent-by-opponent game plan. Some weeks they may feed Brown over and over. Some weeks if they don't like the match up he will be just another guy. NE didn't need to worry about what they did against the Dolphins, so they could explore and experiment against MIA. Down stream when the schedule gets tougher I doubt they will have drives where all they do is look to target Brown. The Brady looking at him first was just to get Brown to feel integrated in the offense.

You realize that was by design to try to illustrate different things to different people. To AB, it was a don't-you-worry-you'll-get-your-targets statement. To the rest of the league it was a you-better-be-even-more-afraid-of-us-now statement. To the media and the public it was a he's-here-to-play-football-and-he's-serious-about-his-career statement.

NE will stick with it's week-to-week, opponent-by-opponent game plan. Some weeks they may feed Brown over and over. Some weeks if they don't like the match up he will be just another guy. NE didn't need to worry about what they did against the Dolphins, so they could explore and experiment against MIA. Down stream when the schedule gets tougher I doubt they will have drives where all they do is look to target Brown. The Brady looking at him first was just to get Brown to feel integrated in the offense.
Good points, that makes a lot of sense, especially in a cakewalk matchup like that.  Still, even when Brady was forcing it to AB in tight spots, they clearly had some magic. I'm expecting Brown to be a top 10 WR in PPR from here on out. 

Good points, that makes a lot of sense, especially in a cakewalk matchup like that.  Still, even when Brady was forcing it to AB in tight spots, they clearly had some magic. I'm expecting Brown to be a top 10 WR in PPR from here on out. 
Caution is advised.  When BB has an excess of resources, he constantly changes it up.  The fantasy community recognizes this as "don't draft a Belichick running back".  With Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Dorsett, Meyers and eventually Watson and Henry added back in, the concept may extend to receivers as well.

Sexual assault allegations are very serious except when they aren't

I didn't want brown, i don't want brown on the team and if he's guilty of sexual misconduct i hope he gets cut.  
From what we know so far, Brown has not be charged with a crime so by definition I am not sure how he can be "guilty." I don't like the guy and didn't want him signed by NE either. He seems like a Grade A dbag, who has acted very inappropriately. But I am not sure he's risen to the level of felony level criminal activity. I wouldn't want one of my daughters anywhere near him, but being a jerk isn't a crime.

Brady will throw to open guys like he always does, and AB tends to get open a lot. Easy math.

This is absolutely reasonable. I've got him in the 8th spot if he manages to play out the season.

Traded for AB a few days ago ... dynasty league.

i feel really dirty about it. Embarrassed actually.

i still think he skates - and will play the full season. But it feels really gross.

i know it’s the least of the allegations, but him standing there - farting while the doc is checking his body fat? 

F*#ck you man. He’s a horrible person. 

Traded for AB a few days ago ... dynasty league.

i feel really dirty about it. Embarrassed actually.

i still think he skates - and will play the full season. But it feels really gross.

i know it’s the least of the allegations, but him standing there - farting while the doc is checking his body fat? 

F*#ck you man. He’s a horrible person. 
what did you give up?

what did you give up?
Curtis Samuel / 2020 1st (it’s gonna be late)

for 

AB / 2020 3rd (it’s gonna be early)

good deal, IMO.

but it feels really gross to have him on my roster right now. Once, or IF the noise goes away? I’ll be happy with the production. But right now? Yea it feels really embarrassing to have him on my team.

what did you give up?
I saw AB and a 2020 3rd for Chris Conley and a 2020 2nd early/mid last week I think so some are definitely thinking with their souls while others are thinking with their wallets.

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.
Easily 25% of the league and I am being nice.

I play fantasy football for enjoyment. There are guys in the league that I simply can not enjoy rooting for, so I won't draft them. That may put me at a slight disadvantage as far as winning goes, but I'm ok with that.

Some people play in high stakes leagues or only get enjoyment from winning. I can see why those folks would take every advantage they can get. To each their own.

I play fantasy football for enjoyment. There are guys in the league that I simply can not enjoy rooting for, so I won't draft them. That may put me at a slight disadvantage as far as winning goes, but I'm ok with that.

Some people play in high stakes leagues or only get enjoyment from winning. I can see why those folks would take every advantage they can get. To each their own.
Fair enough!

I admit I'm entirely too worried about winning my fake football championship.

The accuser apparently met with NFL officials for 10 hours yesterday.

LINK

And apparently some of the folks owed money are considering filing criminal charges against Brown.

LINK

The accuser apparently met with NFL officials for 10 hours yesterday.

LINK

And apparently some of the folks owed money are considering filing criminal charges against Brown.

LINK
This blurb caught my attention from your second link:

Believe what you want to believe," Klemko said. "Antonio Brown knows this person. I’ve seen Instagram messages, text messages between him and her and over the course of the relationship the way he ghosted her after their initial encounter.”

He added: “I think there’s much more going on behind the scenes than has been revealed and frankly surprised it hasn’t come out yet considering all the people he’s associated with in his life and moved on from. The galaxy of his entourage is large. We had three or four people reach out to us after the story was published saying they had more information. I don’t know if he’s an evil person, I just know there’s a lot more to it.”

Since this fell off the first page...

From PFT:

The NFL met with Britney Taylor on Monday about the allegations of rape and sexual assault that she levied against Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown in a lawsuit last week.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the meeting with Taylor lasted 10 hours, but it did not end with a decision about placing Brown on the Commissioner-Exempt list. Maske reports there’s no timeline for the league to make their decision because the investigation into Brown’s behavior remains open.

Brown was the subject of another accusation of improper conduct with a woman this week. There’s been no word of an attempt to interview that woman or plans to interview anyone else at this point.

If Brown is placed on the list, he’ll be paid but will be unable to take part in practices or games. The placement would be indefinite and Brown would be able to appeal the league’s decision.

The Patriots return to the field against the Jets on Sunday. If no decision is made to place Brown on the exempt list, he should make his second appearance since signing with the team earlier this month.

10hrs?

sounds like the league wants an iron clad case so he doesn't win an appeal since exempt list is unheard of for civil matters.

They are discussing this on Boston talk radio. They mentioned that it is being reported that the league has not made any attempt to schedule a meeting with Brown so far and it could be WEEKS  until the league has an update on the status of their investigation.

They are discussing this on Boston talk radio. They mentioned that it is being reported that the league has not made any attempt to schedule a meeting with Brown so far and it could be WEEKS  until the league has an update on the status of their investigation.
they already met with brown last week, did they not?

AB simply isn't going to skate on this, but what kind of timeline we're looking at & what kind of punishment the NFL doles out are unknown.

The real question is what will the Pats do once things shake out?

Users who are viewing this thread