Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

He had multiple targets in the RZ and was the first read 2 other times that Brady didn't throw him the ball.... I think he'll be fine as a fantasy WR if he stays on the field.

29 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

My story on Antonio Brown, his spiraling self-sabotage, a new account of misconduct, and his bizarre string of debts. https://t.co/oN8JZI2pM5

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 16, 2019

Exclusive: Accusations range from a previously untold account of sexual misconduct, a charity auction theft, multiple domestic incidents, and a long list of unpaid debts. Numerous conversations with people who have dealt with Brown, as well as reviews of court and police documents from three states, paint a disturbing picture…

The sexual misconduct per rotoworld was him talking to a woman who was painting a mural in his house while naked except for a hand towel covering his genitals.  So he was more covered than if he was wearing a thong in his home and that's sexual misconduct now.

Obviously the guys an #######, but that too me is a nothing burger.  The rape allegations on the other hand is a serious issue.

3 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

The sexual misconduct per rotoworld was him talking to a woman who was painting a mural in his house while naked except for a hand towel covering his genitals.  So he was more covered than if he was wearing a thong in his home and that's sexual misconduct now.

Obviously the guys an #######, but that too me is a nothing burger.  The rape allegations on the other hand is a serious issue.

I don’t know. If a woman was in my home working, I think I’d address her wearing a little more than either of those two items.

• Like 1

Wow. A second accuser has come forward? 

That’s not good. 

This is gonna get ugly in a hurry. 

5 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I don’t know. If a woman was in my home working, I think I’d address her wearing a little more than either of those two items.

Not if you were a predator.

Just now, kodycutter said:

Not if you were a predator.

I was going to say Harvey Weinstein, but potato potahto.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

You're not a narcissistic ###. Being in your underwear isn't illegal, just gross.

32 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

You're not a narcissistic ###. Being in your underwear isn't illegal, just gross.

Doesn't paint a positive picture.

1 hour ago, davearm said:

If Brown settles this civil litigation then that would be enough to convince the NFL that there was no violation of the league's personal conduct policy?

Strange logic there.

I think he meant because of the non disclosure agreement it would be done and over with, like it never happended. Dunno

47 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

It's bad. A speedo or a thong does not have the same implication as a washcloth or hand towel covering one's genitals. A banana hammock or underwear is bad taste. A towel is different.

We know this intuitively. 

• Like 1

This weekend Antonio Brown made the list of players Tom Brady has thrown a TD to.  Crazy how many ways that could look like in the future.

My favorite line from the SI article:  “It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk says now. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

What a wacko. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

It's bad. A speedo or a thong does not have the same implication as a washcloth or hand towel covering one's genitals. A banana hammock or underwear is bad taste. A towel is different.

We know this intuitively. 

We do.  Just like we know farting in a doctors face on purpose or smoking around kids is different than doing it accidentally or in general.  All it says though is that AB is a morally reprehensible person (and possibly open to more civil suits, maybe losing his children f for child endangerment ).  Under the law he's not a criminal.  Even if he went and talked to the woman naked he wouldn't be a criminal.  He didn't go near her or touch her.

That's why I said the rape accusation is different.

Edited by wgoldsph

3 minutes ago, wormburner said:

Do you think AB will get better after being turned into a newt?

He'll get better

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

We do.  Just like we know farting in a doctors face on purpose or smoking around kids is different than doing it accidentally or in general.  All it says though is that AB is a morally reprehensible person (and possibly open to more civil suits, maybe losing his children f for child endangerment ).  Under the law he's not a criminal.  Even if he went and talked to the woman naked he wouldn't be a criminal.  He didn't go near her or touch her.

Serious question: Walking up naked to someone under your employment and then firing them isn't illegal? Is there a distinction between illegal and criminal?

28 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I guess this might be state dependent, but yeah he would - that's been found to fall under indecent exposure by at least some courts.

Edit: also, smoking marijuana in front of kids who can get affected by the smoke is child endangerment.

Edited by Henry Ford

2 hours ago, zeeshan2 said:

My story on Antonio Brown, his spiraling self-sabotage, a new account of misconduct, and his bizarre string of debts. https://t.co/oN8JZI2pM5

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 16, 2019

Exclusive: Accusations range from a previously untold account of sexual misconduct, a charity auction theft, multiple domestic incidents, and a long list of unpaid debts. Numerous conversations with people who have dealt with Brown, as well as reviews of court and police documents from three states, paint a disturbing picture…

SI.com is so freaking irritating. So Klemko writes this great article and it's story #1 on their home page. Fine - no big deal.

Since then, other SI writers have written separate articles on si.com on the separate allegations in that story and linked back to Klemko's story. Then they add a separate "headline" right under that story to link back to the story that was already written.

I understand the need to create content, but this is really, really irritating.

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I guess this might be state dependent, but yeah he would - that's been found to fall under indecent exposure by at least some courts.

Edit: also, smoking marijuana in front of kids who can get affected by the smoke is child endangerment.

In his house?  Cause I gotta check on that.  Won't anyone think of the poor innocent nudists?

20 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

In his house?  Cause I gotta check on that.  Won't anyone think of the poor innocent nudists?

They have.  They think "you just have to warn people."

Edit: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/md-court-of-appeals/1181985.html

Petitioner, Eugene Wisneski, while a guest in a private home, suddenly exposed his genitalia to three other people in the room, who were not family members and who were deeply offended by that conduct.   There was no evidence whether anyone outside the home did see or could have seen what he had done.   For the behavior, Wisneski was convicted in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County of the common law crime of indecent exposure.   In this appeal, he contends that, because the offense requires that the exposure be in a “public place,” his exposure to casual observers in a private home does not suffice to constitute the offense.  We disagree.

Building on McGee, the same court in Greene, 381 S.E.2d at 310, affirmed another conviction for public indecent exposure when the defendant indecently exposed himself to his children's babysitter and the babysitter's two younger siblings and a friend in his own home.   In holding that Greene's home satisfied the “public place” element of the statutory offense, the court explained that:

Greene by his own behavior removed the barrier and converted his bedroom and bath from a private zone to a public place, where his nudity might reasonably be expected to be viewed by people other than members of his family or household.   It is not necessary that the place be visible to members of the public who are outside of it.

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

True.  It doesn't change the fact that he is a selfish and classless jerk.

I tend to agree.  I would note, however, that is kind of embarassing how far sports illustrated has fallen.  Muck raking for the Pulitzer, lol.

Regret not buying low, he's going to be a monster(poor choice of words lol) in this offense. Brady is looking for him first every time he's out there

7 minutes ago, Nucker101 said:

Regret not buying low, he's going to be a monster(poor choice of words lol) in this offense. Brady is looking for him first every time he's out there

You realize that was by design to try to illustrate different things to different people. To AB, it was a don't-you-worry-you'll-get-your-targets statement. To the rest of the league it was a you-better-be-even-more-afraid-of-us-now statement. To the media and the public it was a he's-here-to-play-football-and-he's-serious-about-his-career statement.

NE will stick with it's week-to-week, opponent-by-opponent game plan. Some weeks they may feed Brown over and over. Some weeks if they don't like the match up he will be just another guy. NE didn't need to worry about what they did against the Dolphins, so they could explore and experiment against MIA. Down stream when the schedule gets tougher I doubt they will have drives where all they do is look to target Brown. The Brady looking at him first was just to get Brown to feel integrated in the offense.

• Like 1

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

You realize that was by design to try to illustrate different things to different people. To AB, it was a don't-you-worry-you'll-get-your-targets statement. To the rest of the league it was a you-better-be-even-more-afraid-of-us-now statement. To the media and the public it was a he's-here-to-play-football-and-he's-serious-about-his-career statement.

NE will stick with it's week-to-week, opponent-by-opponent game plan. Some weeks they may feed Brown over and over. Some weeks if they don't like the match up he will be just another guy. NE didn't need to worry about what they did against the Dolphins, so they could explore and experiment against MIA. Down stream when the schedule gets tougher I doubt they will have drives where all they do is look to target Brown. The Brady looking at him first was just to get Brown to feel integrated in the offense.

Good points, that makes a lot of sense, especially in a cakewalk matchup like that.  Still, even when Brady was forcing it to AB in tight spots, they clearly had some magic. I'm expecting Brown to be a top 10 WR in PPR from here on out. 

37 minutes ago, Nucker101 said:

Good points, that makes a lot of sense, especially in a cakewalk matchup like that.  Still, even when Brady was forcing it to AB in tight spots, they clearly had some magic. I'm expecting Brown to be a top 10 WR in PPR from here on out. 

Caution is advised.  When BB has an excess of resources, he constantly changes it up.  The fantasy community recognizes this as "don't draft a Belichick running back".  With Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Dorsett, Meyers and eventually Watson and Henry added back in, the concept may extend to receivers as well.

3 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

My favorite line from the SI article:  “It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk says now. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

What a wacko. 

dude has serious issues. 

19 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Sexual assault allegations are very serious except when they aren't

I didn't want brown, i don't want brown on the team and if he's guilty of sexual misconduct i hope he gets cut.  

From what we know so far, Brown has not be charged with a crime so by definition I am not sure how he can be "guilty." I don't like the guy and didn't want him signed by NE either. He seems like a Grade A dbag, who has acted very inappropriately. But I am not sure he's risen to the level of felony level criminal activity. I wouldn't want one of my daughters anywhere near him, but being a jerk isn't a crime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

Brady will throw to open guys like he always does, and AB tends to get open a lot. Easy math.

1 hour ago, Nucker101 said:

This is absolutely reasonable. I've got him in the 8th spot if he manages to play out the season.

Edited by tricky92

30 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

He has no respect for anybody. 

That too. Like I stated already I'd take Prime Diva TO with his antics over ever having this clown in my teams locker room 

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

That too. Like I stated already I'd take Prime Diva TO with his antics over ever having this clown in my teams locker room 

I’ve been a Pats fan since the early 80s. I refuse to watch a game while he’s on the team. May seem lame but whatever. NFLs product sucks these days anyways so wasn’t hard.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

I’ve been a Pats fan since the early 80s. I refuse to watch a game while he’s on the team. May seem lame but whatever. NFLs product sucks these days anyways so wasn’t hard.

Nice to actually see some genuine Pats fans every now and then look at the whole picture. 

Traded for AB a few days ago ... dynasty league.

i feel really dirty about it. Embarrassed actually.

i still think he skates - and will play the full season. But it feels really gross.

i know it’s the least of the allegations, but him standing there - farting while the doc is checking his body fat? 

F*#ck you man. He’s a horrible person. 

38 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Traded for AB a few days ago ... dynasty league.

i feel really dirty about it. Embarrassed actually.

i still think he skates - and will play the full season. But it feels really gross.

i know it’s the least of the allegations, but him standing there - farting while the doc is checking his body fat? 

F*#ck you man. He’s a horrible person. 

what did you give up?

1 minute ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

His principles

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

Curtis Samuel / 2020 1st (it’s gonna be late)

for 

AB / 2020 3rd (it’s gonna be early)

good deal, IMO.

but it feels really gross to have him on my roster right now. Once, or IF the noise goes away? I’ll be happy with the production. But right now? Yea it feels really embarrassing to have him on my team.

19 minutes ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

His soul

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

I saw AB and a 2020 3rd for Chris Conley and a 2020 2nd early/mid last week I think so some are definitely thinking with their souls while others are thinking with their wallets.

Edited by Hankmoody

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.

Easily 25% of the league and I am being nice.

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

I play fantasy football for enjoyment. There are guys in the league that I simply can not enjoy rooting for, so I won't draft them. That may put me at a slight disadvantage as far as winning goes, but I'm ok with that.

Some people play in high stakes leagues or only get enjoyment from winning. I can see why those folks would take every advantage they can get. To each their own.

• Like 7