Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

He only saw about a third of the snaps from what I read last week.  That said, I just can't see a situation, no matter what defense they are playing, where I wouldn't feel comfortable (fantasy wise) starting him. 

Exactly. And his snap rate will increase with each passing week until it hovers around 80%. 

Assuming he’s playing of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

He only saw about a third of the snaps from what I read last week.  That said, I just can't see a situation, no matter what defense they are playing, where I wouldn't feel comfortable (fantasy wise) starting him. 

Interesting right, the Dolphins got burned back-to-back weeks by both WRs involved in the alleged rape case... one being the perp, the other being the "other football player" in the house at the time of the incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

He played 21 out of 70+ snaps. He won’t need more than 8 targets a game to do top 5 damage, especially when they aren’t forcing him the ball. He’s also a big time red zone threat, which they will need without Gronk. 

I think people are vastly underestimating ABs talent. 

I beg to differ on being a AB being Top 5 with only 8 targets a game.He averaged 11.3 targets a game the past 5 years in PIT. Not sure he would still be Top 5 with a 30% drop in targets. Sure, he's a red zone threat, but NE has no problem using their RB's to get the ball in the end zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anarchy99 said:

I beg to differ on being a AB being Top 5 with only 8 targets a game.He averaged 11.3 targets a game the past 5 years in PIT. Not sure he would still be Top 5 with a 30% drop in targets. Sure, he's a red zone threat, but NE has no problem using their RB's to get the ball in the end zone.

He was putting up other worldly numbers with an inefficient Ben R.

I respect your right to differ, but let’s check back in a couple of weeks... if Brown is still in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone remind me, what happened the last time a hall-of-fame WR came to the Patriots from the Raiders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Someone remind me, what happened the last time a hall-of-fame WR came to the Patriots from the Raiders?

You mean when the QB was 30 instead of 42? When the team had an offensive line and TE's that could block. When Brady had all day to throw the ball instead of getting the ball out in 2 seconds. When they weren't constructed to run the ball. When they threw to their RB's half as often as they do now. Yeah, I remember those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

You mean when the QB was 30 instead of 42? When the team had an offensive line and TE's that could block. When Brady had all day to throw the ball instead of getting the ball out in 2 seconds. When they weren't constructed to run the ball. When they threw to their RB's half as often as they do now. Yeah, I remember those days.

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skoo said:

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

I think it is more complicated than that. Moss had months to learn the playbook. Brown has had days. The 2007 offense skill position players were almost all new faces. This year, there were incumbents and people on the roster that have won Super Bowls and had defined roles.Moss had some off field stuff in the past, but nothing near the circus that Brown has had going on the past few weeks. Brown had times where he was cited for ad libbing plays. That won't fly with Brady. Sure, Brown is talented, but I think Brown will have to adjust more to AB than the Patriots will adjust to AB. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out (and if Brown is around the whole season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the 1 dynasty league where I own him, I'm starting AB this weekend with confidence 😐

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joey said:

in the 1 dynasty league where I own him, I'm starting AB this weekend with confidence 😐

Same ... and with thee exact amount of “confidence” you exuded. 

Brady will feed him. Because if He doesn’t, it’s a headache - some people will say he doesn’t need that headache. That is true.

But ... AB is easy to feed when he’s the best playmaker on the field. I really believe that’s what is going to happen, as long as AB is in the field.

sucks that NE doesn’t appear to have anyone good on the schedule 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

May i present a very high theory?

Tom brady just put ab on the exempt list w his tweet

What tweet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

he just #### on the league, its refs and its thursday night product

Oh, I missed that. That's kind of a leap to AB isn't it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

he just #### on the league, its refs and its thursday night product

Yea ... by all means, DON’T post a link.

 

ps: not everyone is on Twitter, or social media - so please, link it up if it’s actually worth it

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Soulfly3

 

... I used to like you. Seemed like a decent poster. Aside for your Josh Gordon ball fest.

but this was a weird new low - how does any of this have to do with AB? 

You’re weird. And now on my “not take seriously” list.

shame

Edited by Ray Barboni
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tom brady is THE face of the league. the nfl. 

look at what he wrote. 

you dont think roger, who is likely already on meds for his bloodpressure re: ab, is not going to be just a liiiittle extra pissed off reading that?

Edited by Soulfly3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

tom brady is THE face of the league. the nfl. 

look at what he wrote. 

you dont think roger, who is likely already on meds for his bloodpressure re: ab, is not going to be just a liiiittle extra pissed off reading that?

No

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

i dont believe roger goodell is above the human condition

... this has nothing to do with anything. Not AB, not Brady, not Goodell, or actually anything.

thanks for the updates though. 

Have some poutine, and sleep it off 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, Skoo said:

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 4:30 PM, Skoo said:

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

 

2 minutes ago, Mongidig said:

Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.

 

Hubba Hubba 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

just sounds like a grievance. That is a loose connection going on, IMO. Weed'll do that, though, so no biggie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said: 

 

You’re weird. And now on my “not take seriously” list.

Now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

Is he trying to get suspended? Now he's sending threatening texts to one of the women who spoke to a reporter about his conduct.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/report-antonio-brown-harasses-latest-accuser-via-text-message/

Goodell should immediately put him on the exempt list for that... oh, hey pals, friends... go harass the #### out of this poor girl. Look how poor she is. What a psycho/meglomaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: See my previous posts in this thread to understand the context (aside from the obvious).  What’s even funnier is I saw it at the store last night and bought a bag. :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm now sober...

my connection was medically induced at best, but after that new story just broke im telling ya.... Rog is gonna be FED UP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

When is the nfl going to take this vile piece of gutter trash off the field. Just unbelievable. 

AB is a Patriot now.  He's untouchable just like Brady on the field 

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if all NFL players acted this way? You would have absolute chaos. I know in my job that I would have been fired a long time ago for this awful behavior. It’s beyond ridiculous now NFL and he should be on the Exempt List prior to Sunday - everyone except his fantasy owners would rejoice ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heisenberg23 said:

What if all NFL players acted this way? You would have absolute chaos. I know in my job that I would have been fired a long time ago for this awful behavior. It’s beyond ridiculous now NFL and he should be on the Exempt List prior to Sunday - everyone except his fantasy owners would rejoice ! 

Are you one of the Top 5 people in the world at what you do?

Not defending AB's actions, just sayin'.

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skoo said:

Are you one of the Top 5 people in the world at what you do?

Not defending AB's actions, just sayin'.

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent.

I understand your point - I’m sure you will agree it’s sad state that this is the reality !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know that AB's text messages should be characterized as threatening.  He denied the claims and called her a "super broke girl" and claimed she had a lot of kids.  That is not especially intimidating.  Poor judgment? Absolutely.  Threatening?  Hardly.  Let's call off the lynching and allow AB due process.  Everyone is piling on AB now, including claims of dead fish and farting at his doctor's office.  If AB is the monster he has been described by his accusers as, I am confident he will face suspension, but let's not act too hastily.  Thus far, we have accusations.  Let the investigative process play out.  I am not defending AB, but the process that should be afforded an accused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

When is the nfl going to take this vile piece of gutter trash off the field. Just unbelievable. 

Fire up your Josh Gordon's for week 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Are you one of the Top 5 people in the world at what you do?

Not defending AB's actions, just sayin'.

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent.

Interesting. See, I know my organization would fire a doctor who behaved in this say, even if he was top 5 in the world. 

Entertainment industry is different, for obvious reasons, but this statement above is quite ridiculous as a retort to anyone who says theyd be fired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Are you one of the Top 5 people in the world at what you do?

Not defending AB's actions, just sayin'.

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent too many people live vicariously through the Top 5 people in the world with extraordinary skill sets.

FTFY!

 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.