What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

Also, if you and I got in an ifight on here and I started exactly this text chain as a kind of thread, posting pictures of your kids and talking smack about you while I did, I hope you’d tell Joe or David and probably the police.  It wouldn’t be an overreaction. 
I hear you, and that makes perfect sense. Go to the police. If it was bad enough, get an attorney to tell the other party to cease and desist. That would be a way to start documenting the issues and get things resolved.

Instead, she and her attorneys went to the NFL and the media (which by extension becomes social media). And she immediately made reference to the NFL code of conduct, the CBA, and the powers that the commissioner has.

The point being, by taking the path she took, it plays to her desire for Brown to be disciplined by the league for his actions. I would have to re-read what she said to the league, but it makes the text chain or her health and well being not her primary concern.

If I had been the attorney and chose to contact the league (which I wouldn't have done), I would have described what happened and leave the NFL player conduct rules completely out of it. I'm pretty sure the league knows what's in their CBA. If she has concerns, voice the concerns . . . don't emphasize what the league needs to do about it.

It seems like this Klemko dude has an axe to grind with AB. And I’m convinced after his latest tweet. I’m curious what the history is there... is Klemko a Jets fan?

I hear you, and that makes perfect sense. Go to the police. If it was bad enough, get an attorney to tell the other party to cease and desist. That would be a way to start documenting the issues and get things resolved.

Instead, she and her attorneys went to the NFL and the media (which by extension becomes social media). And she immediately made reference to the NFL code of conduct, the CBA, and the powers that the commissioner has.

The point being, by taking the path she took, it plays to her desire for Brown to be disciplined by the league for his actions. I would have to re-read what she said to the league, but it makes the text chain or her health and well being not her primary concern.

If I had been the attorney and chose to contact the league (which I wouldn't have done), I would have described what happened and leave the NFL player conduct rules completely out of it. I'm pretty sure the league knows what's in their CBA. If she has concerns, voice the concerns . . . don't emphasize what the league needs to do about it.
The NFL is the "Joe and David" part of my post.  No crime was committed here, so the lawyer isn't going to get this stopped by going to the police, it's just the way to make sure they know to keep an eye out.

Edit: it could be a crime, or part of a crime, but it's not going to be harassment or intimidation punishable within the meaning of the law without more than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't everyone who values basic decency have an axe to grind with AB at this point? :loco:
He’s an idiot and clearly a #####... but, I’ll await due process on wishing the destruction on his ability to make money and provide for his family. 

I always wonder about people who say things like this.  If somebody went digging through my background looking for dirt, they would find a handful of speeding tickets, a parking ticket from the University of Arizona that I deliberately ignored (UA police: If you're reading this, get bent), and an uncharacteristically bad performance on a differential equations final in my senior year.  Nothing interesting, and definitely no track record of sexual assault.
Seriously. We have all done things we regret but, for most of us, you do have to dig into our pasts to find them. For AB they had to dig into his yesterday.

I always wonder about people who say things like this.  If somebody went digging through my background looking for dirt, they would find a handful of speeding tickets, a parking ticket from the University of Arizona that I deliberately ignored (UA police: If you're reading this, get bent), and an uncharacteristically bad performance on a differential equations final in my senior year.  Nothing interesting, and definitely no track record of sexual assault.
Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following.

Decades ago, I thought I was happily married and had two little kids. My wife at the time was apparently not happily married and strayed. She took off and left me with two kids in diapers. She emptied out our bank account on the way out the door. She also hadn't paid any bills in months (which I didn't know) and left me in the lurch. Nasty divorce and court case ensued.

False allegations were raised that I regularly beat her and abused her. No evidence, no witnesses, no police reports, no medical records, just her crying on the witness stand making the allegations. She was so convincing that my own attorneys wanted to drop me because I was such a monster. Suddenly I was investigated for all sorts of things and word leaked out that I was an alleged abuser. This went on FOR YEARS. People parted like the red sea and I was shunned.

For example, my former mother-in-law testified that I was drunk and disorderly and went on and on about the crazy behavior I displayed. She made it out like I had Bacardi on an IV drip every night. On cross, she admitted the only time she ever saw or heard of me drinking was once and only once and the kids were with an adult babysitter that night.

As the years went by, suddenly the private pre-school / kindergarten where the kids went got involved and basically wanted me to take my kids elsewhere. I did nothing to anyone there (teachers, administrators, kids, etc.), yet they didn't like the whispers they were hearing. That was rolled into an allegation by my ex- that I had abused the kids. Another investigation was launched and I was under constant scrutiny.

This went on for FIVE YEARS. Every time we went to court, there were new allegations. I was a hardcore drug user. I was an alcoholic. The kids were in danger. How could the court continue to leave the kids with a "monster." We finally got divorced and I got awarded the kids. None of her allegations held up after countless investigations.

After all that . . . things continued on FOR TEN MORE YEARS. In court once or twice a year for any possible minor issue. One of the kids got a cold . . . therefore I wasn't dressing them appropriately. One of the kids got a cavity . . . I must not be feeding them properly. One of them was playing catch and missed the ball and got a bruise . . . all the court heard was her version that I punched him in the face. I was constantly under investigation by Children and Youth Services. They were at my house so regularly that I had coffee and tea ready for the same case worker and investigator that had to come and make sure there was food in the fridge, no guns laying around, no evidence of drug use, no safety concerns, etc. Even the investigator felt badly for me that there was never any merit to the allegations but they had to come check on them anyway. I didn't get angry . . . she was doing her job.

She fabricated stories that I attacked her. That I threatened her. That I smashed her car windows in with a golf club or a baseball bat. Since her attorneys kept telling he she needed actual evidence of abuse to either her or the kids, one time she beat herself up and took pictures and tried to pass off that I did it. The problem she ran into was when she described her story in great detail and swore up and down on the details and the date, I was 1,000 miles away and hadn't been around for a week before and a week after.

Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

So yeah, I am a little touchy when it comes to allegations.

He’s an idiot and clearly a #####... but, I’ll await due process on wishing the destruction on his ability to make money and provide for his family. 
Yeah I would hate for him to have to live off the $42.5 million dollar contract he signed in 2012 and the $68 million dollar contract he signed in 2017 and the $15 million dollar contract he signed with the Patriots.

Disagree, she isn't a witness in a criminal case so the intimidation isn't a crime. If those types of messages were criminal then every person who has ever posted in Twitter would be in prison.

Going to the police would be futile, besides do we know that her attorney did not contact the police?

The documentation exists because the texts came from ABs phone. That's never going away. The only recourse to protect herself and her family was to go public.

If anything happens to her or her family AB is immediately the prime suspect.

Not trying to be a tool here, but is it just the picture that is gnawing at you?
Aren't the picture(s) he included posted on social media (ie anyone can view them)?
Would including a link instead have also been considered inappropriate?

I 100% guarantee that you wouldn't be defending Brown if he was still a Steeler. But anyway, Robert Klemko perfectly sums up why Brown should be thrown in jail for witness intimidation.

"Find a woman who doesn't like you, then send her a pic of her kids along with four numbers she doesn't know. on a group text and tell them to look into her.  Tell me what word she uses to describe that and I'll replace the word 'intimidating."

The woman in question is the one who said he approached her in his house wearing a wash cloth to cover himself. She never alleged he assaulted her, she never said he touched her, and from what I remember, her commentary was that she described the encounter as inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. But the public has the perception that this is a second woman that he sexually assaulted. Read what he sent her. Some people will conclude it was threatening or intimidating . . . others may not. 
He wasn't wearing a wash cloth he was butt #$$ naked holding a washcloth over his junk. I don't know if it rises to the level of assault in whatever jurisdiction it was but I completely understand how a woman, alone in the house of a professional athlete would feel threatened in that situation.

She handled the situation admirably.

I 100% guarantee that you wouldn't be defending Brown if he was still a Steeler. But anyway, Robert Klemko perfectly sums up why Brown should be thrown in jail for witness intimidation.

"Find a woman who doesn't like you, then send her a pic of her kids along with four numbers she doesn't know. on a group text and tell them to look into her.  Tell me what word she uses to describe that and I'll replace the word 'intimidating."
That's what the SI reporter tweeted. I would substitute "confused," "upset," or "annoyed." They are all considerations in terms of word choices. I am not the woman, so I can't really speak to what she felt.

Yeah, in context that’s awfully damning. 

Maybe benefit of the doubt could be applied. Maybe AB had other intentions.

We could spin this a million ways, and some may even be plausible. 

but at face value, this is really bad for AB. 

That's what the SI reporter tweeted. I would substitute "confused," "upset," or "annoyed." They are all considerations in terms of word choices. I am not the woman, so I can't really speak to what she felt.
But I think (hope) we're both smart enough to know what Brown wanted her to feel.

But it’s relatively easy to speak to what someone in law enforcement would describe it as. 

If he indeed sent a group text asking 4 people she didn’t know to investigate her and included pics of her kids, that’s a pretty easy cal as intimidation. 

right or wrong, accurate interpretation or not, I suspect AB will will miss games over this. 

Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following.

Decades ago, I thought I was happily married and had two little kids. My wife at the time was apparently not happily married and strayed. She took off and left me with two kids in diapers. She emptied out our bank account on the way out the door. She also hadn't paid any bills in months (which I didn't know) and left me in the lurch. Nasty divorce and court case ensued.

False allegations were raised that I regularly beat her and abused her. No evidence, no witnesses, no police reports, no medical records, just her crying on the witness stand making the allegations. She was so convincing that my own attorneys wanted to drop me because I was such a monster. Suddenly I was investigated for all sorts of things and word leaked out that I was an alleged abuser. This went on FOR YEARS. People parted like the red sea and I was shunned.

For example, my former mother-in-law testified that I was drunk and disorderly and went on and on about the crazy behavior I displayed. She made it out like I had Bacardi on an IV drip every night. On cross, she admitted the only time she ever saw or heard of me drinking was once and only once and the kids were with an adult babysitter that night.

As the years went by, suddenly the private pre-school / kindergarten where the kids went got involved and basically wanted me to take my kids elsewhere. I did nothing to anyone there (teachers, administrators, kids, etc.), yet they didn't like the whispers they were hearing. That was rolled into an allegation by my ex- that I had abused the kids. Another investigation was launched and I was under constant scrutiny.

This went on for FIVE YEARS. Every time we went to court, there were new allegations. I was a hardcore drug user. I was an alcoholic. The kids were in danger. How could the court continue to leave the kids with a "monster." We finally got divorced and I got awarded the kids. None of her allegations held up after countless investigations.

After all that . . . things continued on FOR TEN MORE YEARS. In court once or twice a year for any possible minor issue. One of the kids got a cold . . . therefore I wasn't dressing them appropriately. One of the kids got a cavity . . . I must not be feeding them properly. One of them was playing catch and missed the ball and got a bruise . . . all the court heard was her version that I punched him in the face. I was constantly under investigation by Children and Youth Services. They were at my house so regularly that I had coffee and tea ready for the same case worker and investigator that had to come and make sure there was food in the fridge, no guns laying around, no evidence of drug use, no safety concerns, etc. Even the investigator felt badly for me that there was never any merit to the allegations but they had to come check on them anyway. I didn't get angry . . . she was doing her job.

She fabricated stories that I attacked her. That I threatened her. That I smashed her car windows in with a golf club or a baseball bat. Since her attorneys kept telling he she needed actual evidence of abuse to either her or the kids, one time she beat herself up and took pictures and tried to pass off that I did it. The problem she ran into was when she described her story in great detail and swore up and down on the details and the date, I was 1,000 miles away and hadn't been around for a week before and a week after.

Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

:jawdrop:

Not trying to be a tool here, but is it just the picture that is gnawing at you?
Aren't the picture(s) he included posted on social media (ie anyone can view them)?
Would including a link instead have also been considered inappropriate?

You're not being a tool at all. Don't worry about that, I find your perspective valuable. 

You have obviously experienced some serious ##$$ and I totally understand how that informs your position in this circumstance.

From my perspective sending her pictures of her own children is absolutely a threat and not a veiled one either. We post photos of our families on social media because we want people to appreciate them as much as we do. Not to have people send them back to you while calling you a liar and threatening to have you investigated.

No, there is no gray area here it was absolutely intimidating and threatening.

He wasn't wearing a wash cloth he was butt #$$ naked holding a washcloth over his junk. I don't know if it rises to the level of assault in whatever jurisdiction it was but I completely understand how a woman, alone in the house of a professional athlete would feel threatened in that situation.

She handled the situation admirably.
My point was, the media or public perception was that this was a second sexual assault. I even heard a discussion on the radio where they called her a second rape victim. She didn't claim that, but that's how it has been communicated and gone viral as. I saw articles / opinion that said now that AB has been charged with a second sexual assault, he has to go. So far he hasn't been charged with anything. That was my point. Again, really bad decision-making by AB (the painter's initial story and then texting her). But is it criminal? Did he actually threaten her? Brown has been straddling a line of inappropriateness in a whole bunch of areas.

IMO, the league will have an even greater PR issue if they act on what they have for AB (and have him miss games) but yet did nothing to Hill (where he didn't miss a single game). But the league has been living with handing out various levels of discipline for years with very little rhyme or reason, so that part wouldn't shock me.

Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following...

...Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

Wow man, that is one effed up story. My heart bleeds for you and your children.

You're not being a tool at all. Don't worry about that, I find your perspective valuable. 

You have obviously experienced some serious ##$$ and I totally understand how that informs your position in this circumstance.

From my perspective sending her pictures of her own children is absolutely a threat and not a veiled one either. We post photos of our families on social media because we want people to appreciate them as much as we do. Not to have people send them back to you while calling you a list and threatening to have you investigated.

No, there is no gray area here it was absolutely intimidating and threatening.
To me, the inappropriate part was contacting her in the first place. The content and the pictures were mostly just along for the ride. Had things not gone viral, AB's attorney and the league would probably would have just said knock it off and don't contact her anymore (which probably would be the way it would be handled if it were between two average citizens). But now it's a mess because millions of people know about it and there will be more pressure for the league to do something.

You can make a case it's threatening & intimidating, but it's one thing for sure (& just as bad), & that's harassment. Harassment is a violation of the PCP.

I like a show as much as anyone else, but the AB circus needs to end for everyone's sake. The NFL needs to do something & they need to do something soon (if the Pats don't beat them to it).

Farting on doctor = 1 game

Striptease with washcloth = 2 games

Kiddie pictures = 3 games

Spewing protein = 4 games

Being AB = 5 games

That puts him on track to play week 2 of the post-season.

You can make a case it's threatening & intimidating, but it's one thing for sure (& just as bad), & that's harassment. Harassment is a violation of the PCP.

I like a show as much as anyone else, but the AB circus needs to end for everyone's sake. The NFL needs to do something & they need to do something soon (if the Pats don't bet them to it).
We already know that RG doesn't need there to be a specified violation of the PCP or the CBA to act. He has been granted a negotiated right to do whatever he wants and set the punishment how he sees fit. He can couch it however he wants with the conduct detrimental description applicable as a wildcard to fit any non-specified reason.

My point was, the media or public perception was that this was a second sexual assault. I even heard a discussion on the radio where they called her a second rape victim. She didn't claim that, but that's how it has been communicated and gone viral as. I saw articles / opinion that said now that AB has been charged with a second sexual assault, he has to go. So far he hasn't been charged with anything. That was my point. Again, really bad decision-making by AB (the painter's initial story and then texting her). But is it criminal? Did he actually threaten her? Brown has been straddling a line of inappropriateness in a whole bunch of areas.

IMO, the league will have an even greater PR issue if they act on what they have for AB (and have him miss games) but yet did nothing to Hill (where he didn't miss a single game). But the league has been living with handing out various levels of discipline for years with very little rhyme or reason, so that part wouldn't shock me.
Yeah, I am one of the few people who actively avoid virtually all media outside of NPR. "Hot takes" ##$$ me off.

I only care about what happened. At best he demonstrated gross sexual misconduct with the wash cloth thing. Virtually any woman would feel nervous for her safety in that scenario. But she acted professionally, did her job and went away. She didn't go to the media, she wanted to forget the whole thing.  That makes her allegations far more plausible. 

If that was all the NFL had to go on, there would be no action against AB which would be absolutely appropriate.

But AB is an idiot who decided to intimidate and threaten her (any random who wronged you did something similar to you and used your kids in that way you'd feel the same way) and, most importantly he left a freaking paper trail so we know he did it.

That rises to the level of punishment.

We all know the NFL sucks at this, so we'll see what happens.

To me, the inappropriate part was contacting her in the first place. The content and the pictures were mostly just along for the ride. Had things not gone viral, AB's attorney and the league would probably would have just said knock it off and don't contact her anymore (which probably would be the way it would be handled if it were between two average citizens). But now it's a mess because millions of people know about it and there will be more pressure for the league to do something.
Contacting her was inappropriate. The contact was absolutely intimidation and threatening.

Had she not gone public she wouldn't have been nearly as protected as she is now. If it was kept in house AB may have decided he was untouchable enough to get away with going full Rae Carruth on her.

Yeah, I am one of the few people who actively avoid virtually all media outside of NPR. "Hot takes" ##$$ me off.

I only care about what happened. At best he demonstrated gross sexual misconduct with the wash cloth thing. Virtually any woman would feel nervous for her safety in that scenario. But she acted professionally, did her job and went away. She didn't go to the media, she wanted to forget the whole thing.  That makes her allegations far more plausible. 

If that was all the NFL had to go on, there would be no action against AB which would be absolutely appropriate.

But AB is an idiot who decided to intimidate and threaten her (any random who wronged you did something similar to you and used your kids in that way you'd feel the same way) and, most importantly he left a freaking paper trail so we know he did it.

That rises to the level of punishment.

We all know the NFL sucks at this, so we'll see what happens.
I have been begging for the NFL for at least a decade  to scrap their system of justice involving player conduct and punishment and map out an actual schedule of what constitutes a violation and what the defined penalties will be (the same goes for teams and on-field rules infractions). Life would be so much easier for the league (and for fans to continue to be fans) if the CBA clearly stated that if a player does X, then the penalty is Y for a first offense and Z for a second offense, etc. More importantly, they need to stick to that, apply those rules equally, and then most of this type of stuff would most likely go away (or be reduced). Given the league's rulings over the years, they literally look like they threw a dart at a dartboard to determine their decisions. If Goodell wants to make an example of Brown, have at it . . . just make sure downstream you act in kind and respond accordingly.

Why is AB still active on the Patriots roster?
NE made it clear from jump street that they are all in on AB and they will continue to play him until the league forced them not to. They essentially deferred to the league in their one posted statement on social media, indicating the league is handling it and they have no comment. Everything they have done supports that position. Unless you want to believe BB, who today said they are looking into some things involving AB (whatever that means).

I have been begging for the NFL for at least a decade  to scrap their system of justice involving player conduct and punishment and map out an actual schedule of what constitutes a violation and what the defined penalties will be (the same goes for teams and on-field rules infractions). Life would be so much easier for the league (and for fans to continue to be fans) if the CBA clearly stated that if a player does X, then the penalty is Y for a first offense and Z for a second offense, etc. More importantly, they need to stick to that, apply those rules equally, and then most of this type of stuff would most likely go away (or be reduced). Given the league's rulings over the years, they literally look like they threw a dart at a dartboard to determine their decisions. If Goodell wants to make an example of Brown, have at it . . . just make sure downstream you act in kind and respond accordingly.
I agree, but I'd hat to be the guy who had to write that document.

That's why we should get @Henry Ford to do it.

NE made it clear from jump street that they are all in on AB and they will continue to play him until the league forced them not to. They essentially deferred to the league in their one posted statement on social media, indicating the league is handling it and they have no comment. Everything they have done supports that position. Unless you want to believe BB, who today said they are looking into some things involving AB (whatever that means).
Probably but for decades the Patriots have been all about limiting distraction. Remember how much heat Edelman took for the Rex Ryan foot fetish comments?

This has to be driving BB bonkers and I think he has a breaking point. 

Then again winning cures everything, right?

The fact that this type of distraction must be giving BB hemorrhoids almost makes me wish AB doesn't get suspended.
If I know BB like I think I know BB, it probably isn't that big of a distraction. He took questions for what, two minutes? The rest of the time he does what Bill does. Game planning, tape review, runs practices, scouting, etc. I really don't think it impacts him all that much. The P.R. stuff will get handled by other people in the organization. The media is absorbed with all things AB. I doubt BB even looks at the articles. So to the general NFL fan, we are distracted, but to BB, I don't think there is much that impacts him day to day. For now he is around and they are using Brown. If the league steps in and says he needs a timeout, then they move on without him.

Probably but for decades the Patriots have been all about limiting distraction. Remember how much heat Edelman took for the Rex Ryan foot fetish comments?

This has to be driving BB bonkers and I think he has a breaking point. 

Then again winning cures everything, right?
That was Welker. And Welker and BB never got along. I haven't ever really identified what the issue was, but Welker had that interview where he kept referencing Ryan's foot fetish stuff in and Bill blew up. In that case, I believe BB heard that Wes had planned on doing it and specifically told him not to. That's why he got angry and upset. Personality wise, I don't think Welker and BB ever really were a good fit. Like Welker was more playful when BB wanted to be serious and Welker may have mocked Bill in the clubhouse. Something along those lines. But that's just a guess.

That would likely work out about as well as mapping out what constitutes a catch.

I like a show as much as anyone else, but the AB circus needs to end for everyone's sake. The NFL needs to do something & they need to do something soon (if the Pats don't beat them to it).
Harassment is usually in the form of continued action. If this is a one-off case of bad judgement and he ceases contact then this his not the definition of harassment. AB is Walking a very five line here, and I doubt he’ll be able to control himself, but to this point I understand why the Patriots have not acted yet.

If I know BB like I think I know BB, it probably isn't that big of a distraction. He took questions for what, two minutes? The rest of the time he does what Bill does. Game planning, tape review, runs practices, scouting, etc. I really don't think it impacts him all that much. The P.R. stuff will get handled by other people in the organization. The media is absorbed with all things AB. I doubt BB even looks at the articles. So to the general NFL fan, we are distracted, but to BB, I don't think there is much that impacts him day to day. For now he is around and they are using Brown. If the league steps in and says he needs a timeout, then they move on without him.
BB rarely, if ever, takes his ball and goes home in a huff during a presser.  He seems to thrive on being evasive and giving the media as little information as possible.

But, maybe he doesn't care.  Like I said, winning cures everything.

That would likely work out about as well as mapping out what constitutes a catch.
To lighten the mood, I remember when the catch / no catch thing was the issue of the moment. I was watching a game with a bunch of people at a holiday party that didn't know much about football, including a couple from overseas that had never seen a game. A catch / no catch moment and proceeding video review happened while we were watching. I explained what they were doing and what the complicated catch rules were, and they asked why they even have all those silly rules. It's clear whether he caught it or not. Maybe that should be the new barometer for some of these things. Have someone completely uniformed and neutral chime in on them to make the obvious right decision the one to go with instead of jumping through 48 hoops to get things wrong.

$500 an hour billing rate including all time spent drinking to forget that I'm working on it on bad days, and I'm in.
Not enough. Add a zero to your hourly rate. I remember their Deflategate investigation, report, and court case cost like $22 million. My particular favorite was when they tested the PSI levels across the league the following season. Funny how they never released their findings.

To lighten the mood, I remember when the catch / no catch thing was the issue of the moment. I was watching a game with a bunch of people at a holiday party that didn't know much about football, including a couple from overseas that had never seen a game. A catch / no catch moment and proceeding video review happened while we were watching. I explained what they were doing and what the complicated catch rules were, and they asked why they even have all those silly rules. It's clear whether he caught it or not. Maybe that should be the new barometer for some of these things. Have someone completely uniformed and neutral chime in on them to make the obvious right decision the one to go with instead of jumping through 48 hoops to get things wrong.
This is Rich Eisen's line of thinking.

If the game is on at a bar and the majority of the people there say it's a catch, then it's a catch.  Why make it harder than that?

Users who are viewing this thread