Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

23 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

One team, and I think even they are going to probably back off.  Seattle. But I don't think Pete Carrol wants the head ache either.  Did you see Belichek's face in that last presser.  He had already had enough and that was BB.  If he couldn't handle the storm, no one can. 

Everybody always overlooks the Cowboys. The Cowboys have taken on a LOT of guys with significant character concerns.

Edited by GroveDiesel

50 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

The whole "Patriot way" thing will cease to exist once Brady retires. That's how the entire thing keeps working. 

Huh?

The Patriot way is ALL Belichick.

That said, I feel like they will both retire at the same time.

1 hour ago, beerbuff said:

The guy is milque toast. Stick a fork in him already. Next stop jail or bankruptcy court.

There is nothing milque toast about AB :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oswizzle said:

He stiffed so many people on money......karma is funny... thanks for the wasted pick on you this year AB

How long before he runs out of $. Give him 5? 10 years?

3 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Machiavelli sez: Shoulda paid Taylor the $2 million. Call it a stupid tax.

Not in his shoes but with the kind of money he was going to make maybe you pay the settlement money & go from there with the idea you will never get involved in situations like that again.   I don't know whether guilty or innocent but with today's culture you can barely comment on how good a woman looks.  sad situation all the way around.

peace out.

7 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Everybody always overlooks the Cowboys. The Cowboys have taken on a LOT of guys with significant character concerns.

That was in the 90’s and coming from a Bills fan?!?!? 

Tex

Edited by BigTex

14 minutes ago, Doug B said:

No way to know this, but:

So going into today’s presser, Belichick had no intention whatsoever of cutting Brown? And his decision to do so was pretty much made during the presser, or toward the end of it?

What do Patriots observers believe? Interested to read the perspectives on this, even if it’s a lot of guesswork.

I imagine they were playing it out, aware that there were alleged menacing messages, but then when the league said they had confirmed that the messages were in fact sent by AB that was the pivot point.

34 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

If he’d have just kept his mouth shut and played for the Raiders, none of this happens, right?

Certainly possible.

3 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Huh?

We'll see. Certainly anything can happen. But in recent radio interviews (read as not press conferences), BB said he enjoys coaching now more than ever, what else would he do, and the talking heads feel he will continue to coach after TB is gone. They guessed 5 or 6 more years. So unless you think Brady plays until he's 48 . . .

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Months

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BigTex said:

That was in the 90’s.

Tex

Love the opening story in Boys will be Boys about Irvin stabbing a rookie in the neck with scissors because he jumped him in the line for the barber.

16 minutes ago, Doug B said:

No way to know this, but:

So going into today’s presser, Belichick had no intention whatsoever of cutting Brown? And his decision to do so was pretty much made during the presser, or toward the end of it?

What do Patriots observers believe? Interested to read the perspectives on this, even if it’s a lot of guesswork.

Listening to Boston Sports radio this afternoon, the hosts seemed to think this was Kraft's call more than BB's.  So perhaps BB had no idea the axe was going to fall during his presser.  

Another point...  that $9MM guaranteed money?  $5MM was due to be paid on Monday.  The remaining $4MM in early January.  So it's possible the Patriots get off cheap financially...  owing only the pro-rated portion of AB's $1MM base salary.  In the end, this was an 11-day experiment that will cost the Patriots very little in terms of money.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Todem said:

and his team has Tyreek Hill on the shelf. 

Sometimes - you reap what you sow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

Not in his shoes but with the kind of money he was going to make maybe you pay the settlement money & go from there with the idea you will never get involved in situations like that again.   I don't know whether guilty or innocent but with today's culture you can barely comment on how good a woman looks.  sad situation all the way around.

peace out.

Apparently, the guy is the living imbodiment of "getting involved in situations like this again."

Edited by Christo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, elbowrm said:

Love the opening story in Boys will be Boys about Irvin stabbing a rookie in the neck with scissors because he jumped him in the line for the barber.

Cocaine Cowboys! 

Tex

Not that it would happen, or even should for that matter.

But is he free to sign elsewhere if a low-life GM wants to take a chance? 

Just hoping to get some return on a huge sunken asset. 

12 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

OJ Simpson telling Brown he should have shut up while being investigated is great advice.  

If AB don't fit, he won't have to quit.

• Laughing 3

1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

Not that it would happen, or even should for that matter.

But is he free to sign elsewhere if a low-life GM wants to take a chance? 

Just hoping to get some return on a huge sunken asset. 

I doubt a team takes a chance while these investigations are ongoing, which will take a while, and he’ll probably do something dumb in the meantime anyway. He’s a lost cause. All-time epic waste of talent. 

So the Patriots now have cash to bring in Jalen Ramsey?

Also FWIW - Sports Center reporting that Patriots do not have to pay him (failed to notify them of pending suit).

Edited by Dizzy

Just now, Dizzy said:

.... omg. 

I think you’re right, and if that happens? Much bigger impact on that team than AB would have ever been. 

Just now, Ray Barboni said:

.... omg. 

I think you’re right, and if that happens? Much bigger impact on that team than AB would have ever been. 

Fully agree.

I knew it was coming as soon as the allegations came. It was only a matter of time. 

Such a shame, he and Brady could have put some huge numbers up. 

25 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Huh?

I'm on the other side of this. It's almost entirely based on having Brady in place. None of it really works unless you have the HOF QB. Obviously Brady wouldn't have turned out the same without BB, but there aren't six SB wins without Brady. There probably isn't even one. And I would take it a step further and speculate that BB might not even still be the HC of the Patriots if they never drafted Brady. 

Edited by TwinTurbo

34 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Can't discount how much he helped them in that dolphins game though

That might be the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this board. :lol: 

• Thinking 1

Not seeing this talked about but is this guy mentally ill? I mean, could there be some early onset CTE? I'm in no way joking.

6 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Also FWIW - Sports Center reporting that Patriots do not have to pay him (failed to notify them of pending suit).

No. They won't get credit for the $9 million (assuming they get a credit) until next season.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

NFL's investigation into Antonio Brown is ongoing and league still plans to speak with him. Could be suspended as a free agent if NFL sees fitm For now he is free to sign with any team although anticipate scant interest if any at all

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

NFL now can conduct its investigation of Antonio Brown without any time pressure. It's hard to imagine another team would attempt to get in the way of that. So Brown's NFL career is on pause and possibly could even be over.

22 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I imagine they were playing it out, aware that there were alleged menacing messages, but then when the league said they had confirmed that the messages were in fact sent by AB that was the pivot point.

Did this go public, or is it your speculation? Not doubting, just wondering if the league really put out a statement like that.

1 hour ago, Mystery Achiever said:

There's a statement out. Something about deciding to go in a different direction. :rolleyes:

Here it is
The New England Patriots are releasing Antonio Brown. We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days, but we feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time.

Over the last 11 days? 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

Over the last 11 days? 🤣

Yes. They had some coaches and players (well, their rookie QB)  staying until 10 or 11 at night teaching AB the playbook and running plays.

5 minutes ago, Futz said:

Not seeing this talked about but is this guy mentally ill? I mean, could there be some early onset CTE? I'm in no way joking.

Yea really ... something is wrong mentally - even the “diva WR” throughout history has acted like this. 

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that after that KO hit that Burfict put on him - was right around the time he started acting a fool in Pittsburgh. 

AB really needs some help. Hopefully the people around him don’t just run away ... because if he’s left alone, with no job - he could really spiral down.

This isn’t even about football anymore. 

1 minute ago, wakelawyer said:

BB to Antonio - FOH Brown!

Bob Kraft to Antonio - FOH Brown!

Gisele to Antonio - FOH Brown!

TB to Antonio (right after Gisele) - Yeah... FOH Brown!

Josh Gordon Owners to Antonio - FOH Brown!

• Laughing 2

22 minutes ago, BigTex said:

That was in the 90’s and coming from a Bills fan?!?!? 

Tex

Randy Gregory

Pacman Jones

Dimitrius Underwood

Dez Bryant

La'el Collins

Greg Hardy

Zeke Elliot

Rolando McClain

Josh Brent

Nolan Carroll

David Irving

TO

Jerry Jones has shown repeatedly that he will look the other way when it comes to talent.

15 minutes ago, Futz said:

Both were discussed in here before the Oakland release. Not a fan, but am concerned for him in the wake of the (deserved) release.

59 minutes ago, lod001 said:

11 months Broke Zero Nada ... His Brain Power is minimal to non existent 

• Like 1