What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

:lol:  he gave thx to NE, because he thought he was getting his 9m.

today, he takes a dump on Kraft as if HE is the problem :lol:

if only university taught you to be able to read and comprehend a contract

@AB84

Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Career is 110% officially over. Drop him now, kids. It's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn:  

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...

Must be tough having no personal accountability from the time you hit puberty just because you can run fast and catch. 

Guess it just does things to you

Yeah, it's over from his perspective until he realizes he needs the money.  From an NFL perspective his career may very well be over.  Brown may wake up one day and realize how stupid he is.  But as of today he isn't there yet.

Yeah, it's over from his perspective until he realizes he needs the money.  From an NFL perspective his career may very well be over.  Brown may wake up one day and realize how stupid he is.  But as of today he isn't there yet.
he just called an owner for going to a rub n tug.

his career is DEFINITELY over.

So going back and reading the first 12 pages of this thread was fun. 
I like go back and read long threads like this. There seems to be a cut-off between 2010-2014 nevertheless I wanted to see at what point did be get to this point. In 2012 Brown signed a new contract, in 2014 he started tweeting and held out of camp demanding a new contract. He agrees to show for the season then gets an extension on his contract. Somewhere between 2014-2015 the Brown we know today emerged as he showed up to camp in a Phantom Rolls Royce. I was curious as to how we got to this point and it’s actually sad to be honest especially considering he came from humble beginnings.

Tex

@AB84

Will not be playing in the @NFL

anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at anytime we will see if the @NFLPA

hold them accountable sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up !

This man needs professional help. 

Must be tough having no personal accountability from the time you hit puberty just because you can run fast and catch. 

Guess it just does things to you
He wasn’t a high pick so he had to prove himself. He wasn’t respected by the NFL community until around 2013-2014. Before then they only praise his work ethics and determination to be the best. He was drafted in 2010 he was picked like somewhere around the 190th pick or something like that. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Everyone thought he was too small and would probably make the team through special teams. Hell, I’m sure he wasn’t drafted by many people in (Dynasty) 2010, I picked him up off the waiver wire that year because he looked quicker than everyone else on the field and thought maybe one day he’ll get his chance.

Tex

He wasn’t a high pick so he had to prove himself. He wasn’t respected by the NFL community until around 2013-2014. Before then they only praise his work ethics and determination to be the best. He was drafted in 2010 he was picked like somewhere around the 190th pick or something like that. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Everyone thought he was too small and would probably make the team through special teams. Hell, I’m sure he wasn’t drafted by many people in (Dynasty) 2010, I picked him up off the waiver wire that year because he looked quicker than everyone else on the field and thought maybe one day he’ll get his chance.

Tex
.....oh but just look how all that changed with fame and money.

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...
I doubt he majored in Finance

@AdamSchefter

After Antonio Brown’s latest Twitter tirade this morning, one NFL source texted: “Kraft never writing that check, no matter what the ruling is now.”

@AB84

Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Career is 110% officially over. Drop him now, kids. It's done.
I was so pissed when the Pats signed him.

Me now: 😀😛🤣

Call me a bad guy, but I am enjoying every single second of the fallout. I am not happy any of this happened from the onset as some women may have suffered at his hands.

However, his actions of leaving the Raiders, playing a coaches call, his actions now that he was released after threatening text messages? I am happy watching Brown get exactly what he deserves for how he has acted in his entirety over the years.

On the other hand, I shed no tears for the Patriots. They knew what they were doing and getting and they looked the other way and still are suffering at his hands. 

Its as if they are about to suffer for all their years of taking problem children. They got arrogant and its coming to a head for them.

On the other hand, I shed no tears for the Patriots. They knew what they were doing and getting and they looked the other way and still are suffering at his hands. 
Raiders knew too, and Steelers knew the last year what a headache he'd become too

They knew the risk, they took it .... and washed their hands cleaned when they could. 

ABrown ... tossed away what, 100 Million over the next 3-4 years? I wonder how his 401K looks after the baby mama's get their cuts?

Sure. If there's one thing that comes to mind when discussing AB it's his decision making ability.

Went from hall of famer to cautionary tale about as fast as possible.  I'm not sure you could fall from a cliff that fast. 

Based on the information we have, it seems likely that he will be in financial trouble in a few years. 

Went from hall of famer to cautionary tale about as fast as possible.  I'm not sure you could fall from a cliff that fast. 

Based on the information we have, it seems likely that he will be in financial trouble in a few years. 
It will make for an interesting season. It sounds like he will not go down without a fight and will pursue all options to get his $40 million in guaranteed money from the Raiders and the Patriots.

I imagine no owner will want to risk being called out like this by a player. Even Jerr-uh likes to be falsely worshiped by his current and former employees (to be fair though he’s also been one of the more generous owners contractually).

If he has any "real circle friends", not those that are a bad influence, they should try and get through to him.  He's in a very bad state of mind right now and needs help.  The problem is, he will fight off help tooth and nail probably.  After signing with NE I thought it was a genius move in how he and his agent orchestrated it, but now I realized my first thoughts on him were correct, he's just an idiot that has serious mental issues.  Yes, he can have both and can be mutually exclusive. 

When he signed in NE, I stated (in this thread I think) that I doubt it would work out. Not because of these additional issues but because the first time he had a game or games with very few targets and/or catches he would go off the rails

AB had applauded NE fans who sent threats to the SI reporter that broke the 2nd accuser's story on Twitter today, citing "the system is working effectively"

Keep holding onto hope, friends. 

After hearing more from a lot of people that cover the team, the NE coaches still were in favor of keeping AB on the team. Most of them raved at how hard he worked, how quickly he was grasping the playbook, and the opportunities they could scheme up offensively. Reporters asked/texted players  in confidence about AB being let go and the answers ranged from "Good," to "No one is shedding a tear for AB" to "Didn't want him in the first place" to "Didn't need him to begin with." Not a lot of support in the locker room on the player's side. Kraft and the players were not impressed. Coaches and QB's still wanted to try to make things work. But it was Kraft that led the charge on this one, no question.

He says he won't play in the NFL anymore.  Lol.  I don't think you have that option anymore. The XFL doesn't even want you. 

What a monumental fall from grace.  

Everyone is in tears watching this as well because he's been such a nice guy about it.... 

How long before dynasty players start dropping him?  I know, too early, but someone will get frustrated and do it.

Users who are viewing this thread