What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (13 Viewers)

He says he won't play in the NFL anymore.  Lol.  I don't think you have that option anymore. The XFL doesn't even want you. 

What a monumental fall from grace.  

Everyone is in tears watching this as well because he's been such a nice guy about it.... 
If the SI article is even 1/2 on target. This guy deserves every bad thing that happens to him.

Why would the greatest president in my lifetime hire AB?
It's really not a bad idea for Trump. AB is one of the few human beings on the planet who can actually make anything Trump says sound reasonable, and as little accountability as AB takes for his own screw-ups, he still can probably teach Trump a few things about taking responsibility and admitting mistakes. Besides, him being a criminal and being an utter dumb ### on Twitter would fit in very well in the White House these days. Someone should start a petition to hire AB as his new Chief of Staff...

:popcorn:  

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...
His agent more than likely.

Tex

See ya.

Legal fees subtracting from the savings.

20mil yacht with no honeys on board? Repair, insurance, gas, driver, docking.

6mil house isn't self cleaning and repairing. Insurance, water bill, electric bill, A/C. Pool water in Miami evaporates, refill, chemicals. Has a synagogue to upkeep? 

Personal jet costs 2mil every year in maintenance, gas, piloting, insurance, and storage.

Probably has multiple 6 figure cars.

Say goodbye to 6 figure jewelry, 5 figure coats, and 4 figure shoes.

5 figure alcohol. Current companionship is probably high maintenance. An entourage/security isn't free.

Hope he invested well. Social Media income dwindles with the stardom. FF players are clicking and giving him coin.

Kiss most of it goodbye over the next 5 or so years. 

But man... what a ride it was! Living the dream.

He says he won't play in the NFL anymore.  Lol.  I don't think you have that option anymore. The XFL doesn't even want you. 

What a monumental fall from grace.  

Everyone is in tears watching this as well because he's been such a nice guy about it.... 
I think Browns EXCTLY what the XFL would want. 

First I thought he was crazy.

Then I thought he was pulling a Hamlet-esque playing crazy to hide his true intentions.

But no. He's just nuts.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
I just called the Pats and let them know. While not happy, they know what KellysHeroes says goes, and they respect your decision. 
You do that, their the dumb dumbs that signed the pyshco for 15 mil.

And yes, so far he hasn't been CHARGED... He's in a civil suit.  

Good on them for doing the right thing and cutting him but they need too still pay the price, 9 million.

Good on them for doing the right thing and cutting him but they need too still pay the price, 9 million.
They have paid him like $158K and are not paying him anything else. They will make AB fight for anything else and NE feels confident they won’t have to pay him anything else. 

Why do some think he's going to see any more the 2 games check plus the 1 mil?  Highly doubtful he will see the 9 mil unless you know something more.

Plus NE can spread that  1 mil and 2 paychecks out over 2 years I heard.

Why do some think he's going to see any more the 2 games check plus the 1 mil?  Highly doubtful he will see the 9 mil unless you know something more.

The $1 million is supposedly out too. 

Florio said on SNF that there were three teams that were interested in Brown once NE released him. But they wanted to see how his off field issues played out. He went on to say that was yesterday and before Brown’s social media posts from today. 

I disagree.  Assuming he comes to his senses and would agree to it, a league minimum contract with major incentives and conduct handcuffs is a free option on one of the best WRs in the game.

I disagree.  Assuming he comes to his senses and would agree to it, a league minimum contract with major incentives and conduct handcuffs is a free option on one of the best WRs in the game.
How would it be free when they'd have to pay him even though the league said he won't be playing?

See ya.

Legal fees subtracting from the savings.

20mil yacht with no honeys on board? Repair, insurance, gas, driver, docking.

6mil house isn't self cleaning and repairing. Insurance, water bill, electric bill, A/C. Pool water in Miami evaporates, refill, chemicals. Has a synagogue to upkeep? 

Personal jet costs 2mil every year in maintenance, gas, piloting, insurance, and storage.

Probably has multiple 6 figure cars.

Say goodbye to 6 figure jewelry, 5 figure coats, and 4 figure shoes.

5 figure alcohol. Current companionship is probably high maintenance. An entourage/security isn't free.

Hope he invested well. Social Media income dwindles with the stardom. FF players are clicking and giving him coin.

Kiss most of it goodbye over the next 5 or so years. 

But man... what a ride it was! Living the dream.
MC Hammer of the NFL.  

It's 8:08 here on a Friday night and I just heard some karaoke singer in my head sing Led Zep's "Stairway To Heaven". You know, the part where it breaks down and he goes "...it makes you wonder. Whoa-oa-oh. Yeah-yeah."

It does make you wonder, doesn't it?
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" is the LZ song that fits AB.  It's all on him and until he stops blaming others he will never change.  Even if the allegations are proven to be false, he should have steered clear of any situation where there is a possibility of this happening.  

there are guys who are less talented and have done worse things than him (until proven obviously) and yet, they are playing for an NFL team now. If AB wants to play in the NFL, he will, it's 100% up to him because at the end of the day, he's unreal good and there will always be a team that would take him.....the NFL owners have proven over and over that a rap sheet, domestic violence, drugs, alleged raping, etc....is not a barrier to play in the NFL......it's the crazy world we live in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" is the LZ song that fits AB.  It's all on him and until he stops blaming others he will never change.  Even if the allegations are proven to be false, he should have steered clear of any situation where there is a possibility of this happening.  
Don’t be stealin’ my schtick.  It wasn’t much further down...   :penalty:

because that's what they agreed to pay him when they signed.

NEW: Antonio Brown has been ordered by a Miami judge to appear for a deposition tomorrow morning at 9:30. The deposition, which will be videotaped, is part of a civil lawsuit alleging that he trashed a multi-million dollar condominium unit that he was renting in early 2018.

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/1176157941944201216

• Laughing
Reactions: -X-
Boy is crazy.  I could see him showing up for some ninja-style revenge on Kraft, Belichick, or Brady.  (why? - Because he is crazy, he does not need a rational reason.)   Imagine old Bob.  He is not sleeping well since he has had to avoid his favorite stress relief places.  He hears a rustling of curtains in his bedroom.  "The wind" he thinks. He rolls on to his back and looks up.  There, clinging to the ceiling like Spiderman, wearing a ninja style outfit, all Raider black, in a ten year old helmet, with a live streaming phone in one hand and another in his other hand, skyping with Drew Rosenhaus, is none othe than Antonio.  He lets go, shrieking about wanting his two-fiddy.  Bob has a heart attack and dies.  Antonio is discovered because he leaves two perfect impressions of his feet at the scene.  Actually he leaves the actual soles of his feet at the scene having done cryo treatment yet again, but having not learned his lesson about wet socks.  Antonio's response to getting arrested is to tweet threats out to his pool designer, a man who has gone unpaid for years as well as a woman he saw at a stop light the day prior.

Drew Rosenhaus finally realizes, to his everlasting shame what he has enabled.  He forsakes his business, moves to a monastery and changes his name to Andy House to hide from the press.

so was it reported wrong that he signed a 9 million guarantee?
He signed a contract with $9 million guaranteed. However, the contract contained clauses for requiring appropriate behavior that would not make the team look bad. Second, the contract, player code of conduct, and CBA contain language about proper behavior and conduct unbecoming. And lastly, NE is claiming AB’s lack of disclosure of upcoming legal actions were grounds for the contact to be voided. All of that is why NE is withholding the huge majority of the $10 million they signed Brown for. 

AB will file a grievance, it could go to arbitration, and it could go to court. It could take months or more for this to play out. 

Glad I don't have a daughter going to CMU

@AaronMcMann: Not my beat, a piece of news I can confirm: Antonio Brown has reenrolled for classes at his alma mater, Central Michigan.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-released-by-patriots-has-reenrolled-at-central-michigan.html

I hope it's English classes.
English is listed as one of the classes 

So...if he's a student at a college he'd be eligible to play on their football team, no? What if he goes back to school and joins the football team?!  

Is that even possible, cuz if it is, I wouldn't put it past him to try. 

:lmao:

You know, Pittsburgh should have taken that first round pick from the Pats for him last year.  All this would still have happened, but they would have weakened a conference rival, and gotten a first round pick for it.

Users who are viewing this thread