Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

16 minutes ago, Jayded said:

Let me say it a different way. There’s no way they could even claim to do diligence in the few hours from release to signing. 

If they’re going to be that careless they should have to bear some side of the risk outside of a game check or two. Maybe something like this should have more affect on their 2019 cap?

NE split Brown’s cap hit between this year and next year. Whatever the league determines they don’t have to pay him will be credited next year. Whatever they allocated this year is frozen and counts as a cap charge for this year. Best case they end up paying him under $200K this year and get a big credit next year. Worst case they have to pay him the guarantees over this year and next year. 

5 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Roethlisberger, Vick and AP were all suspended by the league were not "embraced" until several weeks (if not months) after returning. So your comparison to AB -- who hasn't even missed a game yet -- is not valid.

Ray Lewis killed a guy and he's still NFL royalty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayded said:

Let me say it a different way. There’s no way they could even claim to do diligence in the few hours from release to signing. 

If they’re going to be that careless they should have to bear some side of the risk outside of a game check or two. Maybe something like this should have more affect on their 2019 cap?

Forfeiture of a first round draft pick always makes everyone feel better.

• Like 1

This quote in the SI article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault) perfectly describes Antonio Brown: 

Says James W. Smith III, Tedeschi’s attorney: “You’ll start to see a pattern where Antonio lures people in initially, and at first he appears to be very gregarious and appreciative of whatever service he’s seeking, and then at some point when the bill is due he creates division or confrontation in an effort to avoid having to meet his financial obligation. . . . It’s an unfortunate pattern of entitlement and narcissism.”

Edited by N Zone
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Statorama said:

Ray Lewis killed a guy and he's still NFL royalty

Uh, no he did not.

My apologies if you're simply trolling Ravens fans.

58 minutes ago, jrt103 said:

CFL or XFL perhaps?

Maybe he can go back to college, I hear Calli is paying their players now 

4 hours ago, N Zone said:

This quote in the SI article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault) perfectly describes Antonio Brown: 

Says James W. Smith III, Tedeschi’s attorney: “You’ll start to see a pattern where Antonio lures people in initially, and at first he appears to be very gregarious and appreciative of whatever service he’s seeking, and then at some point when the bill is due he creates division or confrontation in an effort to avoid having to meet his financial obligation. . . . It’s an unfortunate pattern of entitlement and narcissism.”

Crazy article!

Tex

• Like 1

Redskins, Cowboys, Bengals?  Those seem like the teams who have historically taken a chance on players with off the field issues.  I guess you can add the Browns to that list with Dorsey there. 

I don't see any prop bets other than if he will play in 2019 or 2020.

12 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. 

I think this is spot on take for how the team saw it. Side note, this is a great example too of keeping it to football. Others I'm sure will try to take it off football and put it on you as some sort of "gotcha" that YOU were wrong. Ignore those. So much better to keep it on football.

I think you hit the big thing I've been saying that feels like it's not getting enough attention. It's one thing to bring in a guy with a troubled past. But when he does something on YOUR watch, that's different. That's what this felt like here with Brown texting the woman who accused him. 

This gives the Patriots way too much credit. It's different in that fewer people will let you get away with acting the ostrich. That's all.

So going back and reading the first 12 pages of this thread was fun. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Hell of a roller coaster ride for AB owners. 

14 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Uh, no he did not.

My apologies if you're simply trolling Ravens fans.

Potato.  Potahto.

From Wikipedia...

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The fight occurred about 200 yards (180 m) from the Cobalt Lounge at 265 East Paces Ferry Road in the Buckhead Village neighborhood about two miles north of downtown Atlanta where Lewis had been celebrating.[116][117] The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[118] A knife found at the scene did not have any fingerprints or DNA. Lewis subsequently testified that Oakley and Sweeting had bought knives earlier in Super Bowl week from a Sports Authority where Lewis had been signing autographs.[117][119] Baker's blood was found inside of Lewis's limousine.[120]

Two weeks into the trial Lewis's attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, negotiated a plea agreement with the District Attorney where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[121] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[15] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings (initially telling them that he was not at the scene).[122] Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation. One year in prison is the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[123] and the immediate probation was the judge's decision. He was also fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[124] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[125][126] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the incident.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.[2]

Throughout the course of this adventure, much has been said about morality, ethics, judgement, etc. of a football player and an organization.

Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisburger, Clinton Portis, Jim Irsay, Adrian Peterson, Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt say hello.

Pot, meet kettle.

drew, as much as I can't stand him is an A++ agent.

but not even his own mother is buying that teams are willing to sign AB right now. NOt even a CFL team would touch him today

9 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Potato.  Potahto.

From Wikipedia...

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The fight occurred about 200 yards (180 m) from the Cobalt Lounge at 265 East Paces Ferry Road in the Buckhead Village neighborhood about two miles north of downtown Atlanta where Lewis had been celebrating.[116][117] The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[118] A knife found at the scene did not have any fingerprints or DNA. Lewis subsequently testified that Oakley and Sweeting had bought knives earlier in Super Bowl week from a Sports Authority where Lewis had been signing autographs.[117][119] Baker's blood was found inside of Lewis's limousine.[120]

Two weeks into the trial Lewis's attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, negotiated a plea agreement with the District Attorney where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[121] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[15] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings (initially telling them that he was not at the scene).[122] Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation. One year in prison is the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[123] and the immediate probation was the judge's decision. He was also fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[124] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[125][126] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the incident.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.[2]

Throughout the course of this adventure, much has been said about morality, ethics, judgement, etc. of a football player and an organization.

Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisburger, Clinton Portis, Jim Irsay, Adrian Peterson, Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt say hello.

Pot, meet kettle.

-a) old news

-b) Wikipedia? That's funny. You know I could go to that page right now and edit it to say Ray Lewis turned into a dragon and flew away, right?

-c) he didn't kill anyone... IIRC it was more a case of aiding and abetting (crime yes, but not murder)

-d) you are free to believe whatever you want

-e) apologies to all for participating in this hijacking

AB84

Will not be playing in the @NFL anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at anytime we will see if the @NFLPA hold them accountable sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up !

• Thinking 1

On 9/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, NJ said:

Well we might see a different tweet on Monday when it doesn't show up in his bank account.

I was off by a day.

:lol: he gave thx to NE, because he thought he was getting his 9m.

today, he takes a dump on Kraft as if HE is the problem :lol:

if only university taught you to be able to read and comprehend a contract

• Laughing 1

@AB84

Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Career is 110% officially over. Drop him now, kids. It's done.

Edited by Soulfly3

:popcorn: 

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...

• Like 1

Must be tough having no personal accountability from the time you hit puberty just because you can run fast and catch. 

Guess it just does things to you

32 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

In other news: Water is Wet!

Technically that is not correct. 🧐

• Like 1

Yeah, it's over from his perspective until he realizes he needs the money.  From an NFL perspective his career may very well be over.  Brown may wake up one day and realize how stupid he is.  But as of today he isn't there yet.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Yeah, it's over from his perspective until he realizes he needs the money.  From an NFL perspective his career may very well be over.  Brown may wake up one day and realize how stupid he is.  But as of today he isn't there yet.

he just called an owner for going to a rub n tug.

his career is DEFINITELY over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I like go back and read long threads like this. There seems to be a cut-off between 2010-2014 nevertheless I wanted to see at what point did be get to this point. In 2012 Brown signed a new contract, in 2014 he started tweeting and held out of camp demanding a new contract. He agrees to show for the season then gets an extension on his contract. Somewhere between 2014-2015 the Brown we know today emerged as he showed up to camp in a Phantom Rolls Royce. I was curious as to how we got to this point and it’s actually sad to be honest especially considering he came from humble beginnings.

Tex

@AB84

Will not be playing in the @NFL

anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at anytime we will see if the @NFLPA

hold them accountable sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up !

This man needs professional help. 

12 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Must be tough having no personal accountability from the time you hit puberty just because you can run fast and catch. 

Guess it just does things to you

He wasn’t a high pick so he had to prove himself. He wasn’t respected by the NFL community until around 2013-2014. Before then they only praise his work ethics and determination to be the best. He was drafted in 2010 he was picked like somewhere around the 190th pick or something like that. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Everyone thought he was too small and would probably make the team through special teams. Hell, I’m sure he wasn’t drafted by many people in (Dynasty) 2010, I picked him up off the waiver wire that year because he looked quicker than everyone else on the field and thought maybe one day he’ll get his chance.

Tex

4 minutes ago, BigTex said:

He wasn’t a high pick so he had to prove himself. He wasn’t respected by the NFL community until around 2013-2014. Before then they only praise his work ethics and determination to be the best. He was drafted in 2010 he was picked like somewhere around the 190th pick or something like that. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Everyone thought he was too small and would probably make the team through special teams. Hell, I’m sure he wasn’t drafted by many people in (Dynasty) 2010, I picked him up off the waiver wire that year because he looked quicker than everyone else on the field and thought maybe one day he’ll get his chance.

Tex

.....oh but just look how all that changed with fame and money.

28 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

:popcorn: 

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...

I doubt he majored in Finance

@AdamSchefter

After Antonio Brown’s latest Twitter tirade this morning, one NFL source texted: “Kraft never writing that check, no matter what the ruling is now.”

24 minutes ago, Jayded said:

Well his E60 surely won’t be boring someday. 

His E60 will be more like E600

37 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

@AB84

Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Career is 110% officially over. Drop him now, kids. It's done.

I was so pissed when the Pats signed him.

Me now: 😀😛🤣