What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

English is listed as one of the classes 

So...if he's a student at a college he'd be eligible to play on their football team, no? What if he goes back to school and joins the football team?!  

Is that even possible, cuz if it is, I wouldn't put it past him to try. 

:lmao:
 You have your answer in your question. 

* but I bet he could tear up the intramural students. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you think this class schedule is a stab back at many different things, but mainly the NFL...

The classes are:

• Technical Writing (jab at those making fun of his bad english in tweets)
  • Introduction to Management  (jab at NFL mgmt)
  • Death and Dying (what he thinks the NFL is wrongly doing to him)
  • Racism and Inequality (the reason he thinks the NFL is treating him unfairly)
Pretty sure that's all this is.  A way to tweet, without actually tweeting.

Don't you think this class schedule is a stab back at many different things, but mainly the NFL...

The classes are:

That's a pretty psychotic way to go about one's messaging.

That's worrisome, frankly. 

The classes are:

What's next,  he goes Charles Whitman on the NFL?

English is listed as one of the classes 

So...if he's a student at a college he'd be eligible to play on their football team, no? What if he goes back to school and joins the football team?!  

Is that even possible, cuz if it is, I wouldn't put it past him to try. 

:lmao:
He is no longer eligible, having been a professional.

But you may have put your finger on what his next greivance is going to be.  I predict walkouts from the classroom, holdouts from going to class, and eventually a tweetstorm about how unfairly wronged he is by his alma mater.

My guess is he's trying to find some people to fawn all over him.  We he finds out they could care less that he's there, he will move on and take his clown act on the road.

Rumor is he's been spending hours a day at the school pool trying to perfect the triple lindy. Unfortunately video is not available.

I guess to be perfectly fair, I will say one thing FOR AB-when you look at the Ben Rothlisburger sexual violence issues from several years back, there might be a double standard going here.  But even with that. Ring said, I can't possibly have any sympathy for him given his self-imposed destruction of his career.  

Also, the media (everybody), needs to stop shooting "breaking news"across their screen and "reporting" every time AB tweets.  It's not news and it's not responsible reporting.  We need to ignore this behavior.  We are just feeding it.

Shutout said:
I guess to be perfectly fair, I will say one thing FOR AB-when you look at the Ben Rothlisburger sexual violence issues from several years back, there might be a double standard going here.  But even with that. Ring said, I can't possibly have any sympathy for him given his self-imposed destruction of his career.  

Also, the media (everybody), needs to stop shooting "breaking news"across their screen and "reporting" every time AB tweets.  It's not news and it's not responsible reporting.  We need to ignore this behavior.  We are just feeding it.
The situation is nothing like the Ben Roethlisberger situation.

AB wasn't dealt to nor was he released by the Raiders because of his off-the-field issues.  In Pittsburgh he quit on the team, got into an altercation with a teammate and demanded to be traded.  In Oakland he was not showing up for practices, got into an altercation with the GM and demanded his release.  In both cases he got exactly what he wanted.   

The allegations against Brown certainly were a factor in New England's decision to release him but it was a combination of everything that transpired and the fact the team was able to save millions by cutting ties before this week's game.   It was a business decision.

Shutout said:

I disagree.

AB hasn’t even been suspended by the NFL for his numerous off the field issues that have surfaced over the past 9 months or so. 

Ben was suspended prior to the legal process playing out. 

We need to “ignore this behavior”? What?  AB controls what he posts and what he doesn’t.  He’s the one that can make this stop.  He’s not the victim here.

So exactly how is AB being treated unfairly vs Bens situation?  If anything it’s the opposite. 

I can't imagine the University is overly enthusiastic about being associated with him, but who knows, maybe they take the "any publicity ifs good publicity " route.

The situation is nothing like the Ben Roethlisberger situation.

AB wasn't dealt to nor was he released by the Raiders because of his off-the-field issues.  In Pittsburgh he quit on the team, got into an altercation with a teammate and demanded to be traded.  In Oakland he was not showing up for practices, got into an altercation with the GM and demanded his release.  In both cases he got exactly what he wanted.   

The allegations against Brown certainly were a factor in New England's decision to release him but it was a combination of everything that transpired and the fact the team was able to save millions by cutting ties before this week's game.   It was a business decision.
I almost made this post, but you said it better than I would have.

Not sure what the double standard is for "sexual violence issues" when Brown hasn't faced any consequences whatsoever from the NFL (yet anyway) for his (alleged) sexual misconduct.

None of the three teams have bounced him for it (in all three instances it was other issues that paved the road out of town), and the league hasn't disciplined him to this point.

He's going to go full Kaepernick.  By that I mean demand a top of the line salary to play again when the only thing teams are offering are "prove it" deals.

I don't think he plays again because I don't think he can summon the humility to play on a "prove it" deal.

I also don't think he can summon the humility to listen to his financial adviser telling him that he no longer has any income, has legal fees, and needs to sell his mansion and fancy expensive toys to make sure he isn't broke in a few years.  He'll be making a comeback at 35.

In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, NE did not pay Brown his first installment ($5 million) of his "guaranteed" money that was due yesterday.

It was a heck of run the last 7-8 years. AB is done.

Anyway.......on to football. 

No comment. 
What's your legal take on whether the Patriots will be forced to pay out the money owed to Brown and the team's argument that Brown did not adhere to the terms of the contract, player conduct policy, and CBA? Their biggest and best argument that they seem to be making is that Rosenhaus had an obligation to disclose the pending civil suit and failing to do so ultimately made it impossible for NE to keep him.

What's your legal take on whether the Patriots will be forced to pay out the money owed to Brown and the team's argument that Brown did not adhere to the terms of the contract, player conduct policy, and CBA? Their biggest and best argument that they seem to be making is that Rosenhaus had an obligation to disclose the pending civil suit and failing to do so ultimately made it impossible for NE to keep him.
I really don't have enough information about how signing bonuses work in the NFL.

I do think if they put that arbitration on Pay Per View Antonio Brown would make enough to make up for his losses this offseason, though.

There’s talk surfacing that Kraft caught flack from partners and sponsors that they didn’t want Brown around with associated talk that they may have taken their money elsewhere. 

I disagree.

AB hasn’t even been suspended by the NFL for his numerous off the field issues that have surfaced over the past 9 months or so. 

Ben was suspended prior to the legal process playing out. 

We need to “ignore this behavior”? What?  AB controls what he posts and what he doesn’t.  He’s the one that can make this stop.  He’s not the victim here.

So exactly how is AB being treated unfairly vs Bens situation?  If anything it’s the opposite. 
I didn't say he was a victim. Far from it.  WHat I said was we (more specifically, the media) needs to ignore all these tweets and attention seeking behavior tactics because all it is doing is feeding into his behaviors and it is NOT truly newsworthy.  Just because he vents and rants doesn't mean we need ESPN and the NFL Network scrolling "breaking news" when it's not.  All it is, is " AB just ran his mouth again.  ". Is that really news?  No.  That is what I meant.

In regards to Ben's situation, the point he is roundabout trying to say is" Ben had a police report and formal charges and he got a slap on the risk for a rape accusation.  Meanwhile, AB got a civil suit allegation and he's being viewed as a "touch me not" because we all know that , while not official, the word is out for teams not to touch him.  Of course, he's ignoring the self-imposed circus atmosphere he himself has brought on and hE is cherry picking just that one piece and trying to compare it as a whole but there Isa kernal of Truth in all the minutia- Ben had formal police related charges that were more serious than a civil allegation at this point but AB is being treated more severely.  

Ben had formal police related charges that were more serious than a civil allegation at this point but AB is being treated more severely.  
Ben was also leading a team to wins while AB is running a three ring circus.  

I rather have a criminal who gets the job done over a total jackass who disrupts everything......per every owner in the NFL.

Don Hutson said:
What do Antonio Brown and Chick-Fil-A have in common? 
In the past few months, in a very public way both have found out that their chicken wasn't as popular as they had assumed.

(Sorry Joe....... but only because Popeye's is better no matter what their faith)

Zow said:
Okay is this guy worth hanging onto in standard sized leagues? Any league? Only deep leagues?
I just saw him cut in one of my two redraft leagues. I would say he’s an easy drop in redraft. Dynasty you have to hope he gets his legal and NFL office issues squared away and someone takes a redemption chance on him. IMO that won’t happen till at least next season. It’s likely he’s done in the NFL. 

ghostguy123 said:
Ben was also leading a team to wins while AB is running a three ring circus.  

I rather have a criminal who gets the job done over a total jackass who disrupts everything......per every owner in the NFL.
Ben was never charged with nor convicted of any crime that I am aware of.

Ben was never charged with nor convicted of any crime that I am aware of.
But he was at least investigated by the police and a district attorney opted not to file charges without enough evidence to win a conviction. Brown hasn't had any law enforcement involvement that we have been made aware about.

Ben started out with a civil suit, played an entire season, had a second sexual assault allegation, settled the first suit, and then was suspended 6 games (reduced to 4 games). I think that is the proper timeline.

Zow said:
Okay is this guy worth hanging onto in standard sized leagues? Any league? Only deep leagues?
I think he's too toxic for any team to sign and play him at this point.  I just dropped him in redraft for Golden Tate. 

But he was at least investigated by the police and a district attorney opted not to file charges without enough evidence to win a conviction. Brown hasn't had any law enforcement involvement that we have been made aware about.

Ben started out with a civil suit, played an entire season, had a second sexual assault allegation, settled the first suit, and then was suspended 6 games (reduced to 4 games). I think that is the proper timeline.
Yes you have it right. 

I was just correcting the line "I would rather have a criminal..."  Technically no one is a criminal until they are charged and convicted of a crime.

Users who are viewing this thread