Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Yes this stinking league was paying him tens of millions of dollars to play a game and opportunity to makes millions more in endorsements.  All he had to do was stay out of trouble and perform at game time.

Those lousy cheats, why would anyone put up with that horrible treatment?

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

Didn't he say he'd never play again before signing with the Patriots? 

I still have him in one dynasty league, but I hope he never plays another down and I never see him mentioned in the sports media again. 

I believe that tirade came just after NE cut him. Along with the dig at Kraft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I believe that tirade came just after NE cut him. Along with the dig at Kraft.

LOL yes, then AND with the helmet thing in August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm convinced he has serious brain damage.  He played for years and we never heard a single bad thing about him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I'm convinced he has serious brain damage.  He played for years and we never heard a single bad thing about him. 

Agree 100% and I also seriously believe it’s because of Burfict. That hit was brutal!!

edit to add- does anyone have a timeline as to how long after that hit all the troubles with him began or am I wrong and were there troubles before the hit. 

Edited by whole-show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whole-show said:

Agree 100% and I also seriously believe it’s because of Burfict. That hit was brutal!!

Surprised that CTE possibility is not discussed more with AB. Someone who really cares about his general mental health and emotional well being needs to reach out to him and drive him to a Neurologist, today.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least he is leaving no bridges unburned. 

I see XFL in his future. NFL Hate Me.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:
Quote

 

@AB84

Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood #### the @nfl I’ll never play in that #### treat black   people the worse! Clear my name and go #### your self

 

 

 

Quote

AB

@AB84

I'm just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name. I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I'm very emotional about that. I'm determined to make my way back to the NFL asap

1:56 PM · Nov 7, 2019

 

Quite the swing in the last hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

 

 

Quite the swing in the last hour

It would be funny if it weren’t so concerning 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whole-show said:

Agree 100% and I also seriously believe it’s because of Burfict. That hit was brutal!!

edit to add- does anyone have a timeline as to how long after that hit all the troubles with him began or am I wrong and were there troubles before the hit. 

He's been an idiot since 2012. $ turned him into a ####.

July 28, 2012: The Pittsburgh Steelers and Antonio Brown agreed to a five-year, $42.5 million deal after his two stellar seasons. Brown’s former teammate Ryan Clark would reveal six years later that Brown started to yell at then-defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and other defenders not to touch him because he was “the franchise.” Clark made the revelation on ESPN in December 2018.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

"I'm just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name. I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I'm very emotional about that. I'm determined to make my way back to the NFL asap"

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

 

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.

Maybe he put it together himself or, more likely, he agreed to let someone else do it for him. I think either implies some improved decision making by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, brun said:

Maybe he put it together himself or, more likely, he agreed to let someone else do it for him. I think either implies some improved decision making by him realization he needs more money.

 

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

 

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.


"Hooked on Phonics worked for me" - Antonio Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB Agent: AB, we have a problem. That tweet will kill any chance you have of ever getting another fat paycheck.

AB: So what do we do?

AB Agent: Post this. You might be given one more chance.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

 

 

Quite the swing in the last hour

These don’t look anything like the illegible texts  he sent his former trainer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Quite the swing in the last hour

He has the right to remain silent....but not the ability.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

 

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.

Props to channeling the judge from My Cousin Vinny. :cool: 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enjoyed making fun of this whole crazy string of events but I genuinely hope his behavior isn't due to some sort of disorder. While the whole string of events have been craziness I hope he can live a long and healthy life.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Statorama said:

He has the right to remain silent....but not the ability.

A Ron White reference on an AB thread. Man, I love fantasy football!!!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

I think AB has burnt every bridge to reentry in the NFL.

The old adage, "If he can play, someone will sign him" doesn't apply here. AB is toxic × 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seahawks should sign him, then make him live with Josh Gordon and film a reality show.   

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

I sabotage cut him after he was released from the Patriots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Warhogs said:

I have enjoyed making fun of this whole crazy string of events but I genuinely hope his behavior isn't due to some sort of disorder. While the whole string of events have been craziness I hope he can live a long and healthy life.

 

I hope he's just a jerk because I hate his guts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

Only in the deepest dynasty league is he worth anything.

Remember, he gets suspended as soon as he signs, so, even if he comes back by the time he does the year is over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, free agent WR Antonio Brown is not expected to play again this season.

Brown is slated to meet with league officials Thursday to address sexual misconduct allegations made by two accusers. Even if a team signs him (the Seahawks reportedly had interest prior to claiming Josh Gordon off waivers), Brown would likely be placed on the Commissioner's Exempt list until the NFL concludes its investigation, which may not wrap up until after the season. Further complicating matters, Brown has not turned over all evidence related to his case. Between the investigation, his ongoing lawsuit and Brown's pending grievances against both the Patriots and Raiders, AB has a lot to sort out before he gets back on the gridiron.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Nov 10, 2019, 10:52 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, Ministry of Pain said:

Bi-Polar

Needs help but doesn't know how to ask for it so he just lashes out and has abhorrent behavior. 

Very likely. Just like my ex-gf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Antonio Brown apologized to Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Twitter.

The full apology can be read in the link below. It's obviously a last-ditch effort on Brown's (or, more likely, his social media intern's) part to clear the air while the league debates his pending suspension behind closed doors. Brown is still facing numerous allegations of sexual misconduct and, per Adam Schefter, is not expected to play again this season. We don't expect a team to take a chance on him next year, either.

Antonio Brown's Twitter post

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest there is a 1 in 1,000 chance that AB, NE, and the league come to an agreement to allow Brown to come back and finish the season with the Patriots. Brown has already missed 8 games this year, which is essentially the same punishment as a half year suspension. NE will probably end up having to pay him anyway and there is still 11 days left for Brown to get on a team and be playoff eligible (if my memory on roster requirements is right). To reiterate, no other player has been suspended for a civil suit or for actions that were not reported to and investigated by law enforcement before. None of that will change that AB is out of his mind, but IMO NE would take him back if Kraft is up for it. It's very unlikely, but I am not sure it can be totally ruled out as a possible (but extremely unlikely) outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I would suggest there is a 1 in 1,000 chance that AB, NE, and the league come to an agreement to allow Brown to come back and finish the season with the Patriots. Brown has already missed 8 games this year, which is essentially the same punishment as a half year suspension. NE will probably end up having to pay him anyway and there is still 11 days left for Brown to get on a team and be playoff eligible (if my memory on roster requirements is right). To reiterate, no other player has been suspended for a civil suit or for actions that were not reported to and investigated by law enforcement before. None of that will change that AB is out of his mind, but IMO NE would take him back if Kraft is up for it. It's very unlikely, but I am not sure it can be totally ruled out as a possible (but extremely unlikely) outcome.

Tom Brady would like a word with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davearm said:

Tom Brady would like a word with you.

Tom Brady got suspended for an on-field incident not a personal conduct issue away from the game of football. Not even remotely similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe soon when this resolves there will be a Josh Gordon style good news honeymoon period where everyone loves AB because of previous stat lines, and a sell window opens... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Tom Brady got suspended for an on-field incident not a personal conduct issue away from the game of football. Not even remotely similar.

Conspiring with equipment guys to cheat by deflating footballs is hardly an on-field incident.  Sounds a whole lot more like personal conduct to me. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davearm said:

Conspiring with equipment guys to cheat by deflating footballs is hardly an on-field incident.  Sounds a whole lot more like personal conduct to me. :shrug:

Except it's not. The rules for proper football inflation are contained in the league game day operations manual and not meeting those requirements are considered a game day equipment violation. No matter how you slice it, the whole Deflatgate fiasco was based on actual football. The AB mess has nothing at all to do with football (potential inappropriate sexual conduct, lack of payment of debts, threatening text messages, throwing furniture off a building, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Except it's not. The rules for proper football inflation are contained in the league game day operations manual and not meeting those requirements are considered a game day equipment violation. No matter how you slice it, the whole Deflatgate fiasco was based on actual football. The AB mess has nothing at all to do with football (potential inappropriate sexual conduct, lack of payment of debts, threatening text messages, throwing furniture off a building, etc.).

Earlier you stated Brady was suspended for an "on-field incident", which is clearly not the case.  Brady was suspended for a bunch of phone calls and texts.  Those obviously took place away from the field.

Those semantics notwithstanding, your assertion that nobody gets suspended without a police investigation is surely incorrect.  Brady is just one example.  If I cared enough to go digging I'm sure I could find others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, davearm said:

Earlier you stated Brady was suspended for an "on-field incident", which is clearly not the case.  Brady was suspended for a bunch of phone calls and texts.  Those obviously took place away from the field.

Those semantics notwithstanding, your assertion that nobody gets suspended without a police investigation is surely incorrect.  Brady is just one example.  If I cared enough to go digging I'm sure I could find others.

Huh? Brady got suspended because the footballs were tested and found to be improperly inflated during the AFCC game against the Colts. That directly had to do with football. Brady did not get suspended for inappropriate player contact or criminal / legal reasons, which is what AB is going through. Sure, players have been suspended for on field issues, helmet to helmet hits, PED's, drug possession, failed drug tests, etc. before. That wasn't the point.

For instances of suspected CRIMINAL activity, if Brown were to be suspended, he would be the first player suspended based on incidents unreported to, and not investigated by, law enforcement. He would become the first player suspended for a civil case where the incidents were not even looked into by the police. What Brady did was not remotely close to a potential crime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this thread title.  Just so true in a few words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots have “kicked the tires” on AB. Says there have been discussions about the player per Michael Giardi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.