Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

On 11/22/2019 at 2:03 PM, Godsbrother said:

AB could also have gone to Oakland for the guaranteed $30 million, kept his mouth shut and still been in the playoff hunt.    

AB also could have not blocked the trade to the Bills and been solidly in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, brewer said:

AB also could have not blocked the trade to the Bills and been solidly in the playoffs.

If AB behaved the Bills could potentially be challenging the Pats for the division.  Then again AB could have destroyed the Bills locker room -- probably best for the Bills that he didn't accept the trade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy imagining the Patriots agonizing over whether they would rather win, or have to deal with this guy. 

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

With roster spots I can spare in one of my leagues that’s a 4 keeper league with a big bench, I grabbed him this week for next year.  Someone dropped him back many weeks ago and he’s been sitting there so figured he’s worth the gamble hoping it’s figured out before next year. 

2 hours ago, whole-show said:

With roster spots I can spare in one of my leagues that’s a 4 keeper league with a big bench, I grabbed him this week for next year.  Someone dropped him back many weeks ago and he’s been sitting there so figured he’s worth the gamble hoping it’s figured out before next year. 

My guess is the NFL investigation is just a suspension in disguise and will be lifted after the 2019 post season and someone is sure to sign him next year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Zero chance he came up with any of that. I expect another round of going off the deep end in the next few weeks hours.

Fixed.

Edited by Hu-Tang Clan

He’s at it again today. Calling Big Ben a loser and posting old articles about Richie Incognito. 

Also calling the NFL racist.

Edited by Iceman03

Lol, calling out the union... just shotgun tweeting. Wonder if Rosenhaus is just screaming at interns asking who gave him his password back.

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Yep.  Accusing the NFL as being racist and calling your former teammate a loser is all class, AB. 

I especially like how he calls Roethlisberger, a two-time SB champion, a loser when AB has zero rings himself.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, lod001 said:

Zero chance he came up with any of that. I expect another round of going off the deep end in the next few weeks.

One week.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Hu-Tang Clan said:

Fixed.

Right in the sweet spot. :lmao:  between my 2 weeks and your 'hours' prediction.

The dude should take his crazy clown act on the road before he is checked into the closest prison.

Have a feeling this is going to end tragically. His family should get him professional help immediately 

44 minutes ago, Tejas said:

Have a feeling this is going to end tragically. His family should get him professional help immediately 

+1

He needs real help.

• Like 2

My choice to continue rostering this guy in a dynasty is looking worse and worse.  Any legit chance he plays again in 2020?

1 hour ago, Tejas said:

Without help, I don't think he is going to be around in a couple of years.   

• Like 1

With the amount of money he has made in his career, I can’t believe he is nearing broke, but I’m confident without those 7 figure checks coming in every Sunday, he is realizing he needs the NFL more than they need him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

With the amount of money he has made in his career, I can’t believe he is nearing broke, but I’m confident without those 7 figure checks coming in every Sunday, he is realizing he needs the NFL more than they need him. 

He should realize this but I highly doubt that he actually does.  

16 hours ago, matttyl said:

My choice to continue rostering this guy in a dynasty is looking worse and worse.  Any legit chance he plays again in 2020?

I still think the investigation will be lifted before the draft and someone will sign him.

8 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I still think the investigation will be lifted before the draft and someone will sign him.

I've held him this long, can't just drop him now.

"First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love."

"Guess all mighty @nfl can hold players out against there will no criminal charges pending nothing but A Caucasian player gets a domestic go to jail still out there playing targeted hate against us everywhere my peeps"

His ability to bounce between elegant prose and ghetto is remarkable. He's a latter day Robert Frost.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

35 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

"First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love."

"Guess all mighty @nfl can hold players out against there will no criminal charges pending nothing but A Caucasian player gets a domestic go to jail still out there playing targeted hate against us everywhere my peeps"

His ability to bounce between elegant prose and ghetto is remarkable. He's a latter day Robert Frost.

He obviously didn't write the first one. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, matttyl said:

He could be back but I'm starting to get the OJ vibe with him. He needs to go away for a few months and get some separation from this nonsense. 

I'm looking forward to Super Bowl party week.  I foresee this guy working media row, trying for whatever interviews he can get, and screwing them up mightily as Rosenhaus frantically scurries around trying to put out fires.  I also foresee an arrest in his future that week.  Probably for abusing a waitress while he is intoxicated and trying to dodge out on a bill or maybe a fight in a strip club as he and his crew are keeping it real after he was disrespected by some other patron.  Should be a hoot, particularly the mug shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

American Ninja Warrior?  Survivor?  Ultimate Baking Championship?  Naked and Afraid?  What's in store next for our old buddy AB

5 minutes ago, Statorama said:

American Ninja Warrior?  Survivor?  Ultimate Baking Championship?  Naked and Afraid?  What's in store next for our old buddy AB

Could be the first Naked and Afraid where the venue is not some jungle or wilderness but the interior of a Miami mansion and the greatest danger not crocs, malaria, or poisonous snakes but angry artists and chefs trying to collect their bills.  I'd watch.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

They should have him on Extreme Home Makeover or one of those shows.  I hear he creates a hell of a backsplash.

Well done sir

5 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I'm looking forward to Super Bowl party week.  I foresee this guy working media row, trying for whatever interviews he can get, and screwing them up mightily as Rosenhaus frantically scurries around trying to put out fires.  I also foresee an arrest in his future that week.  Probably for abusing a waitress while he is intoxicated and trying to dodge out on a bill or maybe a fight in a strip club as he and his crew are keeping it real after he was disrespected by some other patron.  Should be a hoot, particularly the mug shot.

Something is gonna happen. He has set himself up to be trolled everywhere he goes. Combine this with his anger management issues and lack of emotional intelligence it's not gonna be good. This is why he should go away for a while.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:40 AM, davearm said:

I very much doubt the NFL would view the last couple months as a "de facto suspension".  When you're suspended, you have to miss games you otherwise would have been playing in.

Being unsigned/unwanted is not the same thing as being suspended.

This actually isn't true at all.  Players that are suspended while unsigned have those games count for their suspensions.  The suspension isn't about preventing them from playing in a game, it's about making sure they aren't eligible for playing in the next X games.  The NFLPA had a field day on this a few years ago because guys with pending suspensions were getting no contact from teams so it ended up being a double-penalty.

I do agree with the first sentence.  What AB does in the interim won't affect their punishment.  The moment the NFL has all the info they think they need/are going to get they will announce what their response is - and if that's 8 games, they will start counting from the moment they announce it.  If he's signed he'll start missing games and if he's not he'll be ineligible to get into games in the event someone signs him during the suspension.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Gustavo Fring said:

You hate to see it.  

So true.  But like any serious wreck, you can't turn away.

:lol: the guy just keeps delivering entertainment to the masses.

Can't imagine he's in that house too much longer.