Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rig24 said:

every time I see this thread pop up, I get a little smile on my face.  AB is pure entertainment (just not for the guy that has him in my dynasty league).

His insta is fun to look at everyday imo.  He’s not even playing football his days look entertaining as hell, it will never last for him though.  
 

cant wait to see the rap video he is making lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, mozzy84 said:

His insta is fun to look at everyday imo.  He’s not even playing football his days look entertaining as hell, it will never last for him though.  
 

cant wait to see the rap video he is making lol

Don't know how he has time, unless his finals are over.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 4:51 AM, Godsbrother said:

We know him pretty well in Pittsburgh and here he is known as a selfish punk and his actions over the past 2 years back that up.

And Big Ben is celebrated but outside of Pittsburgh he’s know as a rapist :shrug: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time this thread gets bumped ... I think of that Fastball song:

AB is out of his head and now he's out of the league
How could he have ever been so blind?
He was waiting for a situation, it was hard to find
Don't matter what he say, no matter what he do
He never meant to end up playin' the fool
Never quiet and he couldn't shut up
Now he's sad and it's time he gave up, too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

And Big Ben is celebrated but outside of Pittsburgh he’s know as a rapist :shrug: 

You can believe whatever you want regarding Roethlisberger but he isn’t the topic of this thread.

AB’s behavior over the last 2 years pretty much shows what kind of a guy he is.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Doug B said:

Every time this thread gets bumped ... I think of that Fastball song:

AB is out of his head and now he's out of the league
How could he have ever been so blind?
He was waiting for a situation, it was hard to find
Don't matter what he say, no matter what he do
He never meant to end up playin' the fool
Never quiet and he couldn't shut up
Now he's sad and it's time he gave up, too

:sadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some dude on Saintsreport citing Mike Florio:

Quote

 

Maybe Saints are trying to stick it to Roger and the NFL again by making them address the Brown investigation. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/27/saints-may-force-the-leagues-hand-on-antonio-brown/

 

Our fanbase has both a ref complex and a Roger Goodell complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another fan theory:

Goodell would punitively block (via summary suspension) the Saints from playing AB, but would allow any other NFC team to use him in the playoffs. Therefore, the Saints potentially signing AB is nothing more than a game of keep-away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely ####### nuts.

 

What the #### does AB have to do that he hasn't already done before teams ignore him? Kneel in protest during the national anthem??? Oops, he can't even do that because he can't step on a field since he's suspended!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Rotoworld take:

Quote

Free agent WR Antonio Brown will visit the Saints on Friday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints are doing their "due diligence" on Brown, who has been out of the league since his release from New England earlier this year. Talent has never been the issue for AB, though teams have been reluctant to take on his considerable off-field baggage. Brown's penchant for lashing out on Twitter has not helped his cause, though apparently the troubled wideout has piqued New Orleans' interest. The Saints have taken on high-maintenance players before including Janoris Jenkins, who the Giants let go after showing little remorse for using hurtful language on social media. It's unclear if Brown would be subject to the commissioner's exempt list—the league is still investigating his alleged sexual misconduct—but if given the green light, he and Michael Thomas would form a tantalizing 1-2 punch in the Big Easy.

RELATED: 

New Orleans Saints

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 9:07 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that comparison to Janoris Jenkins :rolleyes:  Like Jenkins and Brown are even in the same league with bad behavior.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

This is absolutely ####### nuts.

 

What the #### does AB have to do that he hasn't already done before teams ignore him? Kneel in protest during the national anthem??? Oops, he can't even do that because he can't step on a field since he's suspended!!!

Being the best WR of your generation, buys a lot of latitude. If he's cleared to play, somebody should sign him. 

I personally think the Saints are the best team in the NFL, adding Brown could make that offense unstoppable, and they are as strong of a locker room as there is in football. 

Its a no risk, high reward scenario. Worst case, he does something that upsets Payton/Brees, and then they just turn around and cut him again. I don't think that would hurt them chemistry wise, as everybody is 100% led by Brees. Brown(or anybody really) isn't a strong enough personality to disrupt that.

Best case, they have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the NFL, and even if Brown has a limited playbook, he's still a big enough threat to defenses, that if opens up a lot more space  for guys like Cook and Kamara, not to mention Brown would likely see the least coverage he's since since like 2012, as team are still going to treat Thomas as the guy to stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

This is absolutely ####### nuts.

 

What the #### does AB have to do that he hasn't already done before teams ignore him? Kneel in protest during the national anthem??? Oops, he can't even do that because he can't step on a field since he's suspended!!!

A LOT of locals are blowing up WWL Radio going off negatively on the Saints about this potential news. Your take has a lot of company in New Orleans. Big worries about AB's (potentially?) bad locker room presence, which the Saints just went through around 2014-15 (Jimmy Graham, Kenny Stills, Brandon Browner, Junior Gallette, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Being the best WR of your generation, buys a lot of latitude. If he's cleared to play, somebody should sign him. 

I personally think the Saints are the best team in the NFL, adding Brown could make that offense unstoppable, and they are as strong of a locker room as there is in football. 

Its a no risk, high reward scenario. Worst case, he does something that upsets Payton/Brees, and then they just turn around and cut him again. I don't think that would hurt them chemistry wise, as everybody is 100% led by Brees. Brown(or anybody really) isn't a strong enough personality to disrupt that.

Best case, they have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the NFL, and even if Brown has a limited playbook, he's still a big enough threat to defenses, that if opens up a lot more space  for guys like Cook and Kamara, not to mention Brown would likely see the least coverage he's since since like 2012, as team are still going to treat Thomas as the guy to stop. 

There is a zero percent chance he’s allowed to play this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown left the Saints' HQ, but is hanging around out front hanging out with an assembled group of fans. Video in post #13 on Pg 1.

EDIT: Now hanging with Zion Williamson (Pelicans and Saints share some facilities). Maybe AB's just soaking up any positive attention he can get? So far as we know, he is still unsigned.

Edited by Doug B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Faust said:

Just not a good guy. Nice little racist quote there, too. In my estimation, nobody should really get away with the use of the word 'cracker.' That's a bridge too far unless I know you well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, travdogg said:

Being the best WR of your generation, buys a lot of latitude. If he's cleared to play, somebody should sign him. 

I personally think the Saints are the best team in the NFL, adding Brown could make that offense unstoppable, and they are as strong of a locker room as there is in football. 

Its a no risk, high reward scenario. Worst case, he does something that upsets Payton/Brees, and then they just turn around and cut him again. I don't think that would hurt them chemistry wise, as everybody is 100% led by Brees. Brown(or anybody really) isn't a strong enough personality to disrupt that.

Best case, they have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the NFL, and even if Brown has a limited playbook, he's still a big enough threat to defenses, that if opens up a lot more space  for guys like Cook and Kamara, not to mention Brown would likely see the least coverage he's since since like 2012, as team are still going to treat Thomas as the guy to stop. 

He is also the guy that could destroy that team from reaching the super bowl with his antics.

Him signing maybe be the straw to make me be completely done with the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't seem to happening with the Saints just yet ... though the door also doesn't seem to be closed, either.

Also at that link:

Quote

 

Mike Triplett
@MikeTriplett

Sean Payton said the Saints would need to get clarity from the league on whether Antonio Brown would be eligible to play this postseason if they signed him. Said for now they’re doing their due diligence and he was one of six receivers they auditioned.

1,582 - 1:54 PM - Dec 27, 2019

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I could give you the same update today I would have given you about 3 months ago.

No team will sign him until the NFL investigation is over because no team wants to sign someone to be a giant distraction  AND be forced to pay them while they sit on the exempt list doing them zero good.

When the NFL investigation is over he'll find a new home and only way on earth he won't sign with a team at this point is if he chooses to not play because the contract does not meet what he thinks is in line with his value.

I'm legit surprised people actually still think the only reason is not in the NFL is because no one wants him. Wake up people, that's not what is going on here. He certainly lowered the interest in him and some teams don't want him but the only thing that has keep him unemployed is the people at 345 Park Avenue don't want him coming back until 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Brees and the Saints and would root for them in the NFC (I’m a Raiders fan, so I have no allegiances in the NFC) but if they sign AB and he actually plays, I hope for an implosion and an early exit from the playoffs for the saints. 
yes, literally rooting against him. 

Edited by joey
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'll be done with the NFL but will have difficulty rooting for him, no matter where he goes. He's squarely in my higher esteem than Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth by a lot, though. The spectacle of his personage is annoying, even sickening, but let's not forget human horrors like that and say this is the tipping point.

And really, is he worse than Roethlisberger, who was almost charged criminally with rape? I don't think so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, joey said:

yes, literally rooting against him. 

If he ever plays again the only thing I want to see is for someone to hit him so hard that the Raider's two draft picks literally fly out of his body.

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I don't think I'll be done with the NFL but will have difficulty rooting for him, no matter where he goes. He's squarely in my higher esteem than Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth by a lot, though. The spectacle of his personage is annoying, even sickening, but let's not forget human horrors like that and say this is the tipping point.

And really, is he worse than Roethlisberger, who was almost charged criminally with rape? I don't think so. 

The "done with the NFL" outrage is comical to me. Like, I don't even understand where those people are coming from. There have been and continue to be worse people than Brown, and there likely always will be. That isn't independent to the NFL(or atheletes) either, get any profession that has 2,000+ people in it, and I promise there will be some bad people doing it, its just not as big of news if 2% of accountants are criminals, because that doesn't fit a biased talking point, or generate clicks.  

Not to get into a what about this guy game, but, I agree that he's on par with Big Ben. He's obviously nowhere near Hernandez/Carruth levels. I find Brown easier to root for than Tyreek Hill. Where does he fall when compared to guys like Mixon, or Peterson, or Vick? Michael Kendricks admitted to a felony, and is playing through it. Brown is a #######, and a jerk, but there hasn't been anything proven that he is a criminal. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually think Brown has gotten unfairly screwed this season. I don't think he should have been punished until the law punished him, but that is the guilty until proven innocent(or people forget about you, which Brown isn't gonna let happen, to his own detriment) culture we seem to live on at the moment. 

Is Brown a role model? No, of course not, but why should that matter? Why is there still this stupid idea that being a professional athlete is a privilege? Is Brown a worse person than Bob Kraft? 

I really enjoy watching Brown play football, he's probably my favorite player to watch of this past decade. I think he's the best WR of this decade, and strictly on the field is the best WR drafted after 1998. In my opinion, he should be a 1st ballot HOF'er, and is better than half the WR's who made the NFL's top-100 team.

 I'll be disappointed if I've seen his last game, and while ultimately he only has himself to blame, it does seem to me that he seems to draw a level of vitriol that equal or worse people somehow seem not to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, travdogg said:

The "done with the NFL" outrage is comical to me. Like, I don't even understand where those people are coming from. There have been and continue to be worse people than Brown, and there likely always will be. That isn't independent to the NFL(or atheletes) either, get any profession that has 2,000+ people in it, and I promise there will be some bad people doing it, its just not as big of news if 2% of accountants are criminals, because that doesn't fit a biased talking point, or generate clicks.  

Not to get into a what about this guy game, but, I agree that he's on par with Big Ben. He's obviously nowhere near Hernandez/Carruth levels. I find Brown easier to root for than Tyreek Hill. Where does he fall when compared to guys like Mixon, or Peterson, or Vick? Michael Kendricks admitted to a felony, and is playing through it. Brown is a #######, and a jerk, but there hasn't been anything proven that he is a criminal. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually think Brown has gotten unfairly screwed this season. I don't think he should have been punished until the law punished him, but that is the guilty until proven innocent(or people forget about you, which Brown isn't gonna let happen, to his own detriment) culture we seem to live on at the moment. 

Is Brown a role model? No, of course not, but why should that matter? Why is there still this stupid idea that being a professional athlete is a privilege? Is Brown a worse person than Bob Kraft? 

I really enjoy watching Brown play football, he's probably my favorite player to watch of this past decade. I think he's the best WR of this decade, and strictly on the field is the best WR drafted after 1998. In my opinion, he should be a 1st ballot HOF'er, and is better than half the WR's who made the NFL's top-100 team.

 I'll be disappointed if I've seen his last game, and while ultimately he only has himself to blame, it does seem to me that he seems to draw a level of vitriol that equal or worse people somehow seem not to.

good post. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travdogg said:

The "done with the NFL" outrage is comical to me. Like, I don't even understand where those people are coming from. There have been and continue to be worse people than Brown, and there likely always will be. That isn't independent to the NFL(or atheletes) either, get any profession that has 2,000+ people in it, and I promise there will be some bad people doing it, its just not as big of news if 2% of accountants are criminals, because that doesn't fit a biased talking point, or generate clicks.  

Not to get into a what about this guy game, but, I agree that he's on par with Big Ben. He's obviously nowhere near Hernandez/Carruth levels. I find Brown easier to root for than Tyreek Hill. Where does he fall when compared to guys like Mixon, or Peterson, or Vick? Michael Kendricks admitted to a felony, and is playing through it. Brown is a #######, and a jerk, but there hasn't been anything proven that he is a criminal. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually think Brown has gotten unfairly screwed this season. I don't think he should have been punished until the law punished him, but that is the guilty until proven innocent(or people forget about you, which Brown isn't gonna let happen, to his own detriment) culture we seem to live on at the moment. 

Is Brown a role model? No, of course not, but why should that matter? Why is there still this stupid idea that being a professional athlete is a privilege? Is Brown a worse person than Bob Kraft? 

I really enjoy watching Brown play football, he's probably my favorite player to watch of this past decade. I think he's the best WR of this decade, and strictly on the field is the best WR drafted after 1998. In my opinion, he should be a 1st ballot HOF'er, and is better than half the WR's who made the NFL's top-100 team.

 I'll be disappointed if I've seen his last game, and while ultimately he only has himself to blame, it does seem to me that he seems to draw a level of vitriol that equal or worse people somehow seem not to.

I mostly agree with you here. However, I am not sure how much he has been punished yet. The Pats cut him not because of the accusations but because he began harassing his accuser. There might be worse people out there like Kareem Hunt or Joe Mixon, but they have at least been contrite, acknowledged their mistakes and worked to be better or at least  put that image out to the public. If AB would have kept quiet, he likely would still be a Patriot. And it's hard to blame anyone but AB for him not playing for the Raiders.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joey said:

I like Brees and the Saints and would root for them in the NFC (I’m a Raiders fan, so I have no allegiances in the NFC) but if they sign AB and he actually plays, I hope for an implosion and an early exit from the playoffs for the saints. 
yes, literally rooting against him. 

I will root against AB and any team he plays for.   F him

- Raiders fan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I'd want him on the Saints is to keep him from being on a team playing the Saints.  Otherwise he can sit on his couch and die for all I care.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports teams that have expressed interest in Antonio Brown have "made clear" they are waiting on the NFL to conclude its investigation.

Brown visited the Saints this week and left without a deal. There are at least two other teams that have been connected to him, but Brown's not going to get any offers until the league makes a decision on his status. At this point, there's no timetable for when that's going to happen. It likely won't be until the offseason before Brown finds another team.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 7:02 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, travdogg said:

ultimately he only has himself to blame, it does seem to me that he seems to draw a level of vitriol that equal or worse people somehow seem not to.

AB earned all the disdain because of the way he quit on the Steelers and Raiders IMO and there is nothing worse in team sports.  Also hurting him are his continued twitter rants against former players and the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Doug B said:

I love that comparison to Janoris Jenkins :rolleyes:  Like Jenkins and Brown are even in the same league with bad behavior.

 

They didn’t compare them they just pointed out that the Saints are willing to overlook character (Janoris qualifies there) if a player can help; and they did...well..you know bring Brown in for a workout when as far as I know no one else has. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard on the radio that AB showed up to his Saints tryout with “A full entourage & camera crew in tow”.

:shock:
 

I mean, sure - what better way to show folks that you’re not an attention-seeking diva problem child who’s all about himself, amirite?

way to prove the haters wrong, AB. :rolleyes: 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steeler said:

AB earned all the disdain because of the way he quit on the Steelers and Raiders IMO and there is nothing worse in team sports.  Also hurting him are his continued twitter rants against former players and the NFL.

I'll give you the Raiders, but Steelers fans have nothing to complain about. He gave them about as good of a 6 year stretch as any WR in NFL history. 

Do you hold Randy Moss actively not trying in games and forcing multiple trades against him? 

I'll grant you the twitter stuff, but that is just annoying, its not something that should earn "I hope he gets seriously injured" or even death threat level hate from some.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This "bad locker room presence" concept really doesn't matter in most cases, especially now that it's just down to the playoffs. Everyone here has people that you work with that you don't like. The world keeps going and stuff still gets done. And in fact some of the most abrasive, deeply unlikable people may also be the most valuable. The value returned to the organization is the most important factor. 

The fact is the Raiders and Steelers are worse teams without AB and both likely miss the playoffs. The Patriots should have kept AB and I'm sure BB and Brady wish they did. 

The Saints really should sign him, especially after getting jobbed last year in the NFC championship game, even if he gets moved to the exempt list. At the very least, it would force the NFL to finish their investigation. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, travdogg said:

Do you hold Randy Moss actively not trying in games and forcing multiple trades against him? 

As a Raiders' fan... yes. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, travdogg said:

Do you hold Randy Moss actively not trying in games and forcing multiple trades against him? 

Moss gets called out on this a lot, but IMO it’s grossly exaggerated. He would often run a bunch of deep routes in a row. Teams realized the value of him being on the field, so they would never take him out of the game for a breather. So on plays designed to the opposite side of the field, he would take a play off. Is it so terrible to not even run off the line of scrimmage and still tie up 2 defenders on a sweep to the other side of the field? It was the only way he could catch his breath. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, travdogg said:

I'll give you the Raiders, but Steelers fans have nothing to complain about. He gave them about as good of a 6 year stretch as any WR in NFL history. 

He was great on the field (until he quit on the team in a meaningful game).  Off the field and in the locker room he was a cancer.  
 

I am surprised how quickly people forget his antics the last  two years with the team and since leaving it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

He was great on the field (until he quit on the team in a meaningful game).  Off the field and in the locker room he was a cancer.  
 

I am surprised how quickly people forget his antics the last  two years with the team and since leaving it. 
 

Its not forgetting it, its just saying the good far outweighed the bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB was never the same after that hit which knocked him out of the game. It was like he got hit but when he woke up he was a totally different person.

All roads point back to that day he got hit.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew this was gonna happen. NFL probably hasn't had anybody even look at the case in the past 30 days. They just gonna hold his career hostage indefinitely with this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.